The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor S35 Ep 6 Ranking"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2657 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-03-17, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor S35 Ep 6 Ranking"
I was able to catch Ep. 5 about an hour before Ep. 6 aired, so I got a double-dose of Survivor on Wednesday. As a result, I will be incorporating both episodes to compile my list this week.

BEN – Quite an opening segment to begin Ep. 5. His opening scene/confessional should be played in the locker room of every NFL team before they take the field and decide whether or not they want to respect our flag. Yeah...I know it’s their constitutional right to do so. But if they really want to exercise their right to take a knee; kneel in front of veterans like Ben who suffer from PTSD, or other veterans who lost limbs, or the widows of brave soldiers who gave their lives so these athletes could live in a country that placed them on pedestals from the time they dominated sports at an early age and are now able to prosper to the tune of tens of millions of dollars.
I’ll end my rant with a final statement...the world could use a lot more Heroes like Ben.

CHRISSY – Episode 5 belonged to her. That week was a Battle of the “Pants.” Smarty PANTS vs. Liar, Liar, PANTS on fire. And the Liar prevailed. I guess when you fail so miserably in challenges you need to play the best card you have—and to her credit, Chrissy played it exceptionally well. Ryan chose wisely to work with Chrissy over Ali, so I see both of them (along with their pre-swap connections) moving forward to dominate the second half of the season.

RYAN – It’s not surprising to me that Ryan left Ali in the dark about the Roarke blindside. Truth of the matter, he left her in the dark on day one when he decided to share his advantage with ONLY Devon—a decision that should continue to pay dividends post-merge. And he left her in the dark the first day after the swap by not sharing his bond with Chrissy considering Ali was the only other Hustler randomly selected on Soku. He needed to make a decision sooner or later.
No doubt, Chrissy continued to assure him they are in it together ‘til the end, so that helped his decision-making process. This TC was a good time to finalize that decision because A) it’s before the merge when Ali could have gathered numbers to combat Ryan/Chrissy if she chose that route, and more important B) it is before the Jury assembly, so no Bitter Betty to initiate a “poison pill” threat against Ryan.

ASHLEY – She showed me enough in the last two episodes to move her up. First, kudos for the way she handled Joe’s obnoxiousness immediately after their TC. No one likes to get the ball spiked in their face, but instead of making a scene, she took the opposite approach by staying calm and proceeded to feed his ego...and Sluggo ate it up faster than Soku gobbled up the RC pizzas.
She followed it up with a great gameplay interaction with Desi planting the seed to eliminate Joe should Yevu attend the next TC. Reuniting with Chrissy/JP will be a cinch, and coupled with her new best friend (Devon) closely aligned with Ryan, Ashley is in excellent position.

MIKE – It was good fortune that Jessica walked him over to the HII and allowed him to find it. But I gotta believe Dr. Mike will be smart enough to realize a self-proclaimed virgin will end up gravitating toward a Dumbo with a six-pack instead of a married unattractive middle-aged man. If he sticks with Lauren/Ben, Mike (and his idol) should fit in nicely with the Ryan/Chrissy alliance.

DESI – Would I be presumptuous if I dub her the “best legs ever to play the game?” Momma-Mia!!! And she earned accolades from Executive Producer Probst for her challenge prowess. A rather nice asset to be aligned with post-merge.

DEVON – Good choice to bond with Ashley when he could have joined forces with Desi/Joe putting him on the positive side of a 3-1 advantage. That decision should serve him well after the merge.

JOE – It’s about FRIGGIN’ TIME!!! Telling us he couldn’t find the HII because he didn’t know the idol was exactly four feet from the well just confirms what an idiot he is contrary to how much crap Ashley feeds his ego with. He had a week to dig a bloody moat around the well and retrieve that idol. But at the end of the day, Sluggo now has a second “ball to spike” at a future TC.

LAUREN – I am seeing another Denise from Survivor: China. She was the unattractive middle-aged female with the mullet who advanced to the F4 even though she was kept out of the loop on nearly every TC voting. Whereas Devon is privy to Ryan’s advantage he passed on to Chrissy, Lauren will need an explanation for Ali’s boot. It should be easy enough for Ryan though—he’ll repeat what he told Ali. She was going off with Roarke and was aligning with her. Chrissy will back Ryan up, and JP is too much of a bonehead to suggest otherwise. Result: Another diligent soldier for the Ryan/Chrissy alliance.

JESSICA – Watching Ep. 5, I was ready to move her up when it appeared she might start playing the game with her head. Then Ep. 6 came around and she slipped back to playing the game with her cooch. She still cares for Dumbo. She’s not ready to play the game without Cole. GOOD GRIEF!!

JP – When you’re 99.99% sure this will be the last TC before the merge, it makes perfect sense to allow someone like JP to advance because the first few TCs after merge usually results in a physical threat booted out of the game and one less TC for others to worry about. That fact served the granite man with the marbleized brain well for this episode. Michel got a charge out of Chrissy’s “no comment” at the Ep. 5 TC. I got a kick out of JP’s statement when he casted his vote for Ali. “I play my game; you play your game; let’s see who wins.“ When you peel away the layers and get down to the core of the game, it’s doesn’t get more straight-forward than that. A simple statement, from a simple man, with a simple mind.

COLE – It’s bad enough to hog extra portions, but without the essentials for proper hygiene, the manner in which he served himself the food was beyond disgusting. Michel was on the money with this moron...he’s used to smiling and taking off his shirt to get what he wants. It’s working with Jessica. It ain’t flying with Lauren/Ben, and he’ll have even less success post-merge. His boot can’t come soon enough.

BOOTED

EP. 5) ROARKE – Kudos to her for taking the high road with her parting words. But I honestly believe she could have played a social game for the ages on day one of the swap and no way she gets anything less than three votes at that TC. Realistically, nothing she could have done would have resulted in Ryan and/or JP writing down Chrissy’s name.

EP. 6) ALI – Much like Roarke, not much she was going to do to get three votes for JP. Although her blowup after the Ep. 5 TC sure didn’t help her cause. She could have handled it more like Ashley; yet in the end, the bond Ryan formed with Chrissy through the savvy use with his advantage was stronger than being on the same Hustler tribe to start the season. As for her parting words...they won’t need “luck” to beat JP—the Anti-Darwin Syndrome will take care of that.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Three ways galore! This is why you ... kingfish 11-04-17 1
   RE: Three ways galore! This is why ... michel2 11-04-17 3
       RE: Three ways galore! This is why ... kingfish 11-04-17 4
           RE: Three ways galore! This is why ... michel2 11-04-17 6
   RE: Three ways galore! This is why ... Aruba 11-06-17 11
 My List michel2 11-04-17 2
   RE: My List kingfish 11-04-17 5
       RE: My List michel2 11-05-17 7
           RE: My List kingfish 11-05-17 8
               RE: My List michel2 11-05-17 9
                   RE: My List kingfish 11-06-17 10
   RE: My List Aruba 11-06-17 12
       RE: My List michel2 11-06-17 14
           RE: My List Aruba 11-07-17 17
               RE: My List michel2 11-07-17 18
   RE: My List Aruba 11-06-17 13
       RE: My List michel2 11-06-17 15
           RE: My List Aruba 11-07-17 16
               RE: My List michel2 11-07-17 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-17, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Three ways galore! This is why you play Survivor. "
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-17 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Chrissy; Playing an absolutely brilliant game so far. She maneuvered Roark's downfall, then managed to get Ali booted when the numbers were down to 4 after having received votes the previous week. Some credit to Ryan and Ali for Ali's boot, but Chrissy went from getting votes on the previous TC to getting no votes and taken off the target list. While Lauren's game is also sorta reminiscent of Denise, this game, Chrissy's, it a bona fide clone of Denise's. The subtle maneuvering against while befriending is so Denise. I expect her to continue her intricate but subtle dance to the final 3. Or 2, whichever. Her problem is that she really doesn't want either JP nor Ryan to still be in the game then.

Mike; Good move to share that pitiful fish with his tribemates. He's seems to have acquired a mutually beneficial threeway alliance with Ben and Lauren. He's smart, perceptive, and non-threatening. If Ben or Lauren don't become challenge threats this could be a good team.

Lauren; Her low key attitude (generally) and teaming with Mike and Ben should be of benefit to Lauren. This is a strong team.

Ben; His military background and slight PTSD affected disposition are a negative, but his affability and his three-way alliance are all to the good for him.

Ryan; Teamed with Chrissy, he'll probably last a while. But he's teamed with Chrissy. She'll eat him alive when the times comes if she perceives him to be not beatable at the final vote.

JP; I like JP's attitude, and there actually seems to be someone doing some thinking behind that stony attitude. And he's on a strong team with Chrissy and Ryan. But I do not see him getting to F6 or F5, he's a genuinely tough physical challenge threat, and if anyone could sweep the final two or three challenges, it would be him. Chrissy will be working hard to not let him get that far while fooling him into believing that she is on his side.

Ashley; Ashley seems to be thinking strategically. Her efforts to get Desi to turn on Joe seem to be possibly bearing fruit, and with her alliance with the dullard Devon could turn into another somewhat less promising (because of the aforementioned Devon) three way. Not a unpromising strategy for her.

Desi; Ok, I wasn't going to say it, but since you broached the subject, YES, those legs. But a woman is more than her appearance, she is a thinking individual. Albeit with great legs. And she is using her mind in her evaluation of her chances if she continues allied with Joe. Which aren't good. If she jumps ship and joins forces with Ashley and Devon, her lot in the game will improve.

Devon; Devon is the wink link in whatever chain he is included on. It is fortunate for him to be on a team with two smart ladies (one with magnificent legs etc., and the other with pretty good assets also).

Joe; Joe is almost as good as Cole is at alienating tribemates. His tenacity in his search for HIs is a saving grace for him, as well as his good fortune in having Devon interpret the first HI clue which led to his understanding of the second. Joe is tenacious and lucky, but is probably all by himself if he becomes a boot target at TC.

Jessica; Unless she can improve her social game with her tribemates (not Cole), Cole will sink both their boats. Her main chance is to have Cole be booted in time to allow her the opportunity to resurrect her game before she fall victim to a nondramatic TC "Any one but me" boot.

Cole; Could not have played a worse game. Although he didn't show up in the last challenges, presumably he is a physical challenge threat (he certainly seems to think so), and thus a natural post merge target. He's in a showmance, he sneak eats all the food scraps from the previous RC win, he catches but does not share fish food. This last is negatively contrasted to Mikes magnamanous sharing of his tiny fish. Is definitely the most threatened and unless his stupidly loyal but slightly more perceptive love interest can salvage his (an her) game, he's toast.

Ali; Am looking forward to seeing her at the reunion, although even in the rough on the island she lit up the screen.

Question, can you clear up this evaluation, "RYAN – It’s not surprising to me that Ryan left Ali in the dark about the Roarke blindside. Truth of the matter, he left her in the dark on day one when he decided to share his advantage with ONLY Devon—a decision that should continue to pay dividends post-merge."

Actually he shared that advantage with Chrissy, and had no choice by to share it with only her. I assume that those were typos?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-04-17, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Three ways galore! This is why you play Survivor. "
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-17 AT 05:25 PM (EST)

I'm assuming that in comparing Chrissy to Denise you mean Denise Stapley and not Denise Martin from China which was the one Aruba rightly chose to compare with your Lauren. No way does the"Big Thing" deserve third place in this social, made for TV, game.

And I can explain Aruba's point: Yes, Ryan had to share his advantage with Chrissy but Aruba meant revealing it to Devon to gain his loyalty. Ryan only told Devon about it, not Ali. I think hiding that secret was a mistake once they were swapped together.

11-04-17, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Three ways galore! This is why you play Survivor. "
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-17 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

Denise Stapley. Who played IMO one of the best strategic/social games in Survivor history.

I did mistake his reference, but again, we clash over Lauren's game.

11-04-17, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Three ways galore! This is why you play Survivor. "
Yeah but if Mike isn't an idiot, he boots her at F5 and keeps Abi-Maria for an easy win. Do you remember his reasoning for keeping Denise? He needed her in order to increase their odds of beating Malcolm in the next IC. Such an idiot should never have been given a second chance: If Denise had been the one to beat Malcolm, she would have been even more unbeatable. Mike had to know he'd have to be the one to beat Malcolm to have a shot.

All Lauren has done is bitch about everyone around her. And it's not even fun snark like Courtney but just mean. And if she's so prejudiced about redheads, one can suppose she has prejudices about other people as well.

11-06-17, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Three ways galore! This is why you play Survivor. "
>Question, can you clear up this
>evaluation, "RYAN – It’s not
>surprising to me that Ryan
>left Ali in the dark
>about the Roarke blindside. Truth
>of the matter, he left
>her in the dark on
>day one when he decided
>to share his advantage with
>ONLY Devon—a decision that should
>continue to pay dividends post-merge."
>
>
>Actually he shared that advantage with
>Chrissy, and had no choice
>by to share it with
>only her. I assume that
>those were typos?

Not a typo, and happy to clarify.

Ryan did leave Ali (as well as Lauren, Patrick & Simone) in the dark when he decided to share his advantage with ONLY Devon on Day One. And that was Day One of the season...not Day One after the swap. Ryan could have shared that advantage with no one, or pulled a Cole and shared it with everyone during the Premier. No question in my mind Ryan will make a conscious attempt to remind Devon of the fact that it was only HIM who was privy to that information from the original Hustler tribe. And I do not recall Chrissy being anywhere on the original Hustler tribe to advise Ryan to make that decision that could prove to pay future dividends for him.

Yes, on Day One after the swap, Ryan advised Chrissy HE was the one to give the advantage to her. To say he had “no choice” but to tell her is not completely accurate. He didn’t HAVE to tell her, but did so in a manner so she would be so overcome by his “generosity.” And Chrissy bit hard on the bait. If I was not so “technically challenged” I would post an image similar to the “Ryan image” Michel posted that would show even MORE a look of admiration in Chrissy’s eyes while she was feeling Ryan’s “love” than any “anger” displayed in Ryan’s eyes.

Whereas it was very advisable to share that fact with Chrissy ending up on the same tribe after the swap, he chose NOT to share it AGAIN with Ali even though Ali was the only other original Hustler to stay with him after the swap. All in all, it is better for Ryan to cut Ali loose BEFORE Jury selection begins.

FYI, it was not Devon who interpreted the clue for Sluggo...it was Cole. Yes, Cole believe it or not. Sure doesn’t increase Joe’s IQ.

11-04-17, 05:14 PM (EST)
2. "My List"
I really should stay out of this fight because I’m Canadian but since I refused to stand for the Canadian anthem during the nineties, I feel personally involved. First, it must be said that no one is questioning the valor of Veterans. Next, we have to establish that the anthem and the flag represents more than the Veterans; it represents the country as a whole. There are real problems in America and that’s what the players are protesting: “Black lives matter” they are saying and you can’t argue with that. People say that Freedom of speech is important but there is something even worse than depriving someone of the right to speak, it’s to twist their words around to mean something else entirely.

Now, on to Survivor even though I doubt we’ll be talking much about season 35 after this.

1- Chrissy: She’s really the best tactician we’ve seen in a long time. Having to choose between Ali and JP was an easy decision for her because she can deal with JP while Ali was playing a very similar game to hers and that was a problem. Now, Chrissy weakened Ryan’s position and solidified her own. Showing loyalty to JP will enable her to reassemble the Heroes and they all have some interesting options to bring to the table. Watching Chrissy navigating the merger should be very interesting.

2 - Mike: Like all the Healers, Mike should be in danger at the merger but Yawa’s winning streak has put him in the enviable position of having options. He hasn’t betrayed anyone so his connection to Ben should bring him close to Chrissy. It’s funny to consider that Mike rejoins Joe while both men are in possession of an idol. After making such a big deal about Mike’s idol, it would be funny to see Joe being bounced by Mike’s idol.

3 - Ashley: Levu’s immunities kept her and Devon safe and it gave her time to work on Desi but her best option is to go back with JP and Chrissy. She’s shown good adaptability so she has to be considered a solid contender.

4- Jessica: I can’t really blame a nurse who cares for her “patient” but I was really hoping she would be ready to play the game without Cole. At least she was thinking about it as her words suggested. She was also the first to figure out that only three people needed to hold the tension during the immunity challenge, the tactic that enabled Yawa to make a big comeback, thus saving her boyfriend. Survivor is a learning curve so maybe she’ll continue to learn after the merger.

5 - Joe: Because we haven’t been able to cure our addiction to Survivor, we knew the idols would be in the same spot but I can’t blame Joe for not watching the last 10 or so seasons of Survivor, most of which have been pale imitations of the original 12 seasons. Now, he’s learned the lesson and he should soon wind up with 2 idols in his pockets. Devon and Ben would be his natural targets and that would weaken Chrissy’s group but not enough.

6 - Ben: From the start, Ben has stood out as the “Heroes’ Hero” when he should have downplayed his heroism. I have a feeling that Joe will feel threatened by the alliance between Heroes and Hustlers to the point that he’ll play an idol at the merger. If he doesn’t target Devon then his natural target should be Ben. Leaving at the merger by being bounced by an idol would be another traumatic experience for this Marine.

7 - Ryan: Aruba probably didn’t hear Ryan saying that he made a “huge mistake” by not talking to Ali. He’s so protective of his guys that he makes apologies for them even when they admit their errors. Not telling Ali was simply dumb. Ryan should have brought Chrissy and Ali together and now he’d be in the driver’s seat instead of riding mommy’s coat tails. The fact that he made up with Ali and admitted to his “huge mistake” before talking to Chrissy about the vote, confirms that his plan was to get rid of JP. That alone proves that Chrissy played Ryan and got her way under the guise of “as long as we agree”. The “freaking weasel” understands this game well but he doesn’t hide his emotions enough to be respected as a player. I laughed when he said: “I am not getting angry”.

"I am not Angry"

His eyes were certainly not throwing those daggers in friendship!

8 - Devon: Luckily, he didn’t have to go to TC and vote against the shielded Joe. Now, he can go back to Ryan even if the latest vote should be a warning sign. He’d be well advised to keep his bond with Ashley and become friends with JP because there may not be room for him next to Ryan, Chrissy, Ben, Mike and Lauren. Most viewers have neglected Devon’s tactical skills but I think Chrissy will be aware of the danger he presents.

9 - Desi: She will probably win an immunity challenge or two which will only make her a bigger target. Mergers at 12 pretty much guarantee that no one will make a run to the end in challenges so, as a Healer, Desi will need the protection of immunity too early to stand a chance. Besides those thighs, she hasn’t shown us much game up to now so it wouldn’t be a big loss.

10 - JP: Aruba describes this firefighter correctly but he doesn’t even realize that this is exactly why people aren’t as impressed as he is with that other firefighter, the one who won Palau. Like JP, Tom had a very simple game and won mostly because Palau was populated with aspiring actors, models and accomplished quitters. There are savvier players in Fiji so a simple plan should not work here.

11 - Cole: He was saved by his girlfriend but it won’t get much easier now that the game is individual and that Cole doesn’t really have an alliance. But he has a chance of making it to day 23, answering Dr. Mike’s challenge.

12 - Lauren: So, like Denise, the “Big Thing” made it to the merger where she will fade in the background for a while. It’s too bad that there’s not a Courtney around to make fun of the fishmonger. Showing Cole’s fainting spell underlined Lauren’s lack of empathy: Her injunction on cooking more food could have had more serious consequences. Why hasn’t she been, I don’t know, fishing? Maybe she could have served a purpose instead of simply spewing hate around.

Booted - Ali: Another interesting character gone. I understand why Chrissy had to let her go but I wish that tribe had gotten immunity. Levu’s TC would have been more interesting. Maybe, just maybe, we would have seen the rare 2-1-1 vote where Ashley and Devon would have convinced Desi to vote against Joe only to have the two of them vote against Desi as a parade against Joe’s idol.

11-04-17, 07:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-17 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

Hear hear to your preamble. Did not know that there were similar protests in Canada then.

Otherwise no disagreement worth discussing, except for Lauren of whom you have an unreasonable (IMO) opinion of because of her appearance. You really can't now argue that that isn't the reason you bash her after so many repetitions. Bashing is cool and honorable and everything good, but at some point appearance bashing is repetitive and no longer amusing. I will admit to also overdoing that kind of bashing on very rare ocasions. But I see her game as being sufficiently representative in challenges without being overly so, she is quietly learning a social game, she isn't a negative influence at camp, and she can defend herself at TC.

And there is a little Stapely there, including her being as was Stapley a working mother, somewhat athletic, and a woman past her prime beauty years. I see maturity and wisdom in those eyes. We will see how she does in the other departments.

11-05-17, 03:05 AM (EST)
7. "RE: My List"
I guess it needs elaborating: The protests were limited to the province of Québec following the rupture of the Meech Lake accord. The Rest Of Canada reneged on their word to make the constitutional changes that would allow Québec to sign the Constitution so many of us here didn't feel part of Canada. In protest, we remained seated at events where the Canadian anthem was played. The matter still hasn't been corrected but the protests have waned.

Since you ask nicely, I will stop bashing Lauren on her appearance. It was you who used the phrase "no big Thing" in our discussions and it made me laugh so I've kept it as a running joke. My main grievance against Lauren is that she is utterly boring and simply skating by. She didn't even participate in the last immunity challenge so I don't know why you say she was sufficiently representative in them. Jessica won that challenge for Yawa, giving Lauren one more round to sit comfortably in camp doing nothing except complain about everyone around her.

11-05-17, 12:53 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My List"
Consider me in solidarity with Quebecers. The rest of Canada can just kiss Quebecers ass.

Well, if you quit bashing Lauren based on her appearance, I will have one less thing to argue with you about. Which does not make me happy. But honestly, it seemed to be to be kinda mean. But maybe that's just my inference, and I'm sure my posts have struck others the same way.

And I did not realize that my reference (which I honestly do not recall, and kinda doubt was about her appearance, so did I? I really thought you had initiated that. But maybe.) led to your continued critical remarks. Glad it made you laugh though, I am more than willing to take credit for that even if my memory fails me.

Most of the women and a lot of the men will sit a challenge out at some time. And her signaling that she was the one this time was made with a reluctance that was easily discernable.

And the list of survivors that did not sit around camp at times and criticize others is pretty long too. So far you've described a normal survivor from any season. Including the boring and skating parts.

11-05-17, 03:31 PM (EST)
9. "RE: My List"
Thank you for your support; unfortunately, Québec nationalism doesn't interest the youngest generation who is more into socialism... That's what you get when History isn't taught in school.

At one point, you wrote that our difference of opinion regarding Lauren was "not a big thing" so, since I was in disgreement, I wrote she was a big thing and I ran with it.

Yes, many Survivors have done little but complain about others. We've had very few Kim Spradlin's (my favorite winner of the last 15 seasons) over the years but I like my snark with more wit, the way China's Courtney used to serve it. What really turned me off Lauren was her comment about not trusting a redhead in her life which showed she has prejudices.

11-06-17, 11:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: My List"
What'll you give us for a Bernie Sanders?

Courtney was New York funny/sarcastic as hell. I liked her too. And that wasn't very nice of Lauren, but I came to have the same sentiment toward Pat at the end, although I wouldn't have extended that lack of trust to all red heads. Just a few.

11-06-17, 07:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: My List"
>I really should stay out of
>this fight because I’m Canadian
>but since I refused to
>stand for the Canadian anthem
>during the nineties, I feel
>personally involved. First, it
>must be said that no
>one is questioning the valor
>of Veterans. Next, we
>have to establish that the
>anthem and the flag represents
>more than the Veterans; it
>represents the country as a
>whole. There are real
>problems in America and that’s
>what the players are protesting:
> “Black lives matter” they
>are saying and you can’t
>argue with that. People
>say that Freedom of speech
>is important but there is
>something even worse than depriving
>someone of the right to
>speak, it’s to twist their
>words around to mean something
>else entirely.
>
>Now, on to Survivor even though
>I doubt we’ll be talking
>much about season 35 after
>this.

I will address this separately, and I DO hope we can continue to discuss S35 as this will be my final rebut on the topic and (unless provoked) I’ll say no more.

The reason I cited veterans is because of how Ep. 5 opened. It is obvious CBS made a deliberate attempt to incorporate Ben’s service to country...and it is Ben and every veteran’s service to our country who are being disrespected. Had CBS not shown that segment when opening Ep.5, I would not have opened my list in such a manner. You need not tell me the flag represents more than veterans. I’m perfectly aware that not ALL of the 300+ million residents in the USA are veterans, but if not for veterans neither I nor the other 300 million would not be living in the United States of the America.

You being a Canadian, allow me to let you in on a little national “secret...” there have ALWAYS been “real problems” in America…or in ANY country for that matter. Problem is the protests are NOT doing anything to work toward a SOLUTION...if anything it is just pouring gasoline on the fire. As my grandfather always told me, “If you’re not part of the solution, then you’re part of the PROBLEM.

OK, enough...let’s move forward be done with this topic and focus on the season.

11-06-17, 09:04 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-17 AT 00:22 AM (EST)

Before we close this chapter, it must be said that a problem would never get solved if no one shows just how big that problemn is.

Black men have been killed by police officers for no other reason than they were Black. The solution is very simple: It has to stop. That's what Trump should be working on instead of tweeting about firing NFL players.

As for: "if not for veterans neither I nor the other 300 million would not be living in the United States of the America."

Very noble sentiment and America certainly has a glorious military history but it's the people of America that built the country, not the military.

11-07-17, 08:21 PM (EST)
17. "RE: My List"
Closing the chapter??? Playing the race card is anything but closing the chapter. NOTHING I stated in a patriotic manner had anything to do with race and it’s unfortunate you apply that spin to my patriotic intent and my post.

It was not the President’s “tweet” that caused the NFL backlash; it was how Trump reacted when speaking publicly at a political rally addressing the subject of NFL protestors. Politicians will always bring up pressing current issues when speaking at rallies, so nothing out of the ordinary there. What was unfortunate is how he resorted to juvenile name-calling labeling all those (regardless of color) “SOBs” who do not give respect to the symbol of our country. Yet as inappropriate as that label was, “SOB” is NOT a racial slur. Sadly, a faction in the NFL and society are spinning it to be just that.

You made an extremely on-the-mark and accurate statement when you mentioned in a prior post—it is impossible for us to put ourselves in the shoes of a Marine who saw active duty.

Well you know what? It is also impossible to put ourselves in the shoes of police officers who put their lives on the line to apprehend wrongdoers who are less than congenial to be apprehended so our lives can be a little more safe.

You have bad apples in every profession and law enforcement is no exception. Sadly, police brutality is an issue that’s been around for as long as we had law enforcement, and I repeat, the public disrespect NFL players are exhibiting is not doing a darn thing to make the problem go away or working constructively toward a solution.

To address your other assessment, the American people in general built out nation up from an industrial and economical standpoint, but make no mistake, it was still the military/veterans who gave us our freedom to ALLOW us to build up our country in that capacity.

Now I will officially close this chapter by making this my last post on this thread. If you wish to continue to play spin doctor on this topic as well, you’ll only be talking to yourself because I will no longer be opening this thread.

I will continue after tomorrow’s episode with a new list/thread where you may continue your spinology in a more entertaining manner.

11-07-17, 08:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: My List"
Maybe you won<t read this which would be quite appropriatwe but the problem is exactlyas you stated it: NOTHING YOU said had anything to do with race but the protests themselves have EVERYTHING to do with race.

And yes, you fought your way to freedom but here in Canada we got free from Britain without resorting to war. The same could have happened for you.

11-06-17, 08:16 PM (EST)
13. "RE: My List"
I wholeheartedly acknowledge Chrissy is a smart cookie. Heck, the American Society of Actuaries doesn’t just hand out licenses to the likes of Cole or JP. Yet being the “Liar if all Liars” does not require intelligence. I also realize everyone who played the game have not always been upfront and totally open and honest. But there’s a difference between not openly offering information in an honest manner or being forced to react to dishonestly and deception someone else initiates in a less than truthful manner vs. purposely fabricating a lie with the intent to deceive or make another look bad.

Well duh, of course Ryan was upset. When someone tees off on you after TC you’re going to be upset. And I consider it normal to try to reassure the bellyacher you are not upset or angry with them in an attempt to calm them down.

Aruba did listen to EVERYTHING Ryan said last episode, as opposed to others who may pick and choose what they care to listen to. Sure Ryan talked about booting JP; but he also talked about wanting to keep him as well. No doubt he was going back and forth between his two options being stuck in the middle, but for reasons I stated in my other posts, he ended up making the decision, I believe, will ultimately get him further in the game.

It’s no surprise when a result puts a castaway who is not your favorite in a position light, you scream foul and contend the result was “scripted” or “fixed.” Conversely, when a result sheds one of the female contestants you always hold so near and dear to your heart in a positive light, you throw the “script” out the window and heralded her as a great player. LOL

Hey, I own up to being partial to a Westman or Mike who attacked the game competitively and put out 100% to emerge as a deserving and satisfying champion. It’s over-the-top hysterical to call Tom’s efforts “simple.” Challenges were far less “mickey mouse” than we have now. A sumo-style hand-to-hand combat comp against a younger and muscular Bobby Jon draw blood from Tom as he emerged victorious not once but TWICE. And having to endure over 12 hours with another. I don’t know why I’m even wasting my time to justify that type of difficulty castaways have not had to deal with in the past 20 seasons or so. And to generalize and infer I always favor the strong, athletic, physically dominant males...howabout you take a gander at the two castaways I ranked LAST and next to LAST on my list.

And just because I give credit to Ryan when I feel he deserves it, that’s not to say he’s “my boy.” Ben, largely in part to his service to country, is ten times more “my boy” or my personal favorite over a weasel like Ryan or anyone who would be dubbed the “Liar of all Liars.” Unfortunately for Ben, it is that reality that will most likely be his undoing because no one in their right mind will want to sit next to him at FTC.

Lastly, just because Westman and JP share the same occupation, to even mention them in the same breath as Survivor Players is the most preposterous assessment I’ve read on these Boards and does not require or deserve a response.

11-06-17, 09:15 PM (EST)
15. "RE: My List"
Give me an example of Chrissy's lies? The only ones I remember is not telling Katrina and Ali that she was voting against them. With idols floating around, it would be suicidal to tell them.

Ryan could easily have kept his cool because he knew Ali would be upset. Why did he get angry? You usually don't yell at someone when you're saying: "I'm sorry."

I've totally acknowleged that I think production fixed the swap to put Chrissy with Ryan but despite having a script, Chrissy is still showing some exceptional abilities in the game.

After making up with Ali and admitting his huge mistake, Ryan was totally going to vote against JP. It's only after Chrissy talked to him that he went back to targeting Ali.

Just like JP, Tom's game plan was to win challenges and provide for his tribe. It worked fine going against the horribly weak Palau cast but it won't this time.

11-07-17, 08:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My List"
OK, here’s a “Liar of all Liars” example—saying Roarke was initiating an all-girl’s alliance. She was doing nothing of the sort, yet that lie was premeditated and deliberately devised to put Roarke in a negative light and contributed to her boot.

Let’s review EXACTLY what Ryan said:

He specifically stated: Ali is the obvious next target, and she MAY be the next to go.
He also stated: JP is a physical threat and MAYBE we should take out that threat.
There was no definite decision with either, thus Ryan was weighing out his options. It was your spin that made it seem he was absolutely dead set on booting JP. Your spin reached higher proportions to suggest Chrissy made Ryan turn on Ali. Nothing we heard supports your fan fiction.

The scene when Ryan and Chrissy were together right before TC had Chrissy telling Ryan “TOGETHER we need to make a decision.” She went on to say, “either way we’re good.” Allow me to repeat that...
EITHER WAY WE’RE GOOD.”
Those were her exact words. It’s only your spinology that suggests Ryan’s final decision to cut Ali loose was all Chrissy’s doing to blow sunshine up her butt while making Ryan appear the lesser of the two. Personally, I am not making anyone more superior than the other but assessing them as a solid partnership and formidable duo moving forward.

Ryan should not have had to “keep his cool” because Ali should not have gotten upset. Was it not you, yourself, who said, “if you sign up for Survivor, EXPECT LIES.” HMMM, Ali taking a non-Ashley approach and firing away at Ryan sure doesn't seem to me like Ali accepting what she “signed up” for...

Ryans’ attempt to make up with Ali was to make peace at camp even though she was an “obvious next target.” In BBB when the “Brains” let J’Tia know she would be the next to go, she reacted by causing havoc at camp and even tossing away the food supply. At TC Executive Producer Probst looked at them like a bunch of dumbasses and said that is exactly a reason why you blindside—to prevent that vindictive behavior. Now I doubt Ali would have sabotaged Soko’s food supply as J’Tia did, but having to live with her 24/7 leading up to TC, Ryan was smart (just as Probst referenced) to make Ali feel comfortable for the exact reason to maintain calmness at camp.

Quite frankly, the cast of Palau will always appear sub-par when compared in perspective to such a dominant player like Tom Westman. He not only dominated his competition physically in comps, he broke them down mentally as well on way to a deserving and convincing win.

And this is not fan fiction. At one of the Ulong TCs (that become a weekly occurrence) Probst flat out asked them why they were unable to break through and win an IC. Bobby Jon (a physical presence in his own rite) came right out and said, “Tom is a man among men" and just couldn't beat him. As accurate as that answer was, it served as a truthful testimony and a pristine example of a dominant player whose actions and efforts broke down his competition.

Now, why I even bring up BJ’s testimony is beyond me because due to your refusal to acknowledge that Westman was the best who ever played the game, I’m certain you will contend BJ’s answer was “scripted.”

11-07-17, 11:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-17 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

>OK, here’s a “Liar of all
>Liars” example—saying Roarke was initiating
>an all-girl’s alliance. She was
>doing nothing of the sort,
>yet that lie was premeditated
>and deliberately devised to put
>Roarke in a negative light
>and contributed to her boot.

I guess I should have specified that I was asking about lies Chrissy told Ali, the one who called her a liar. Anyway, I see Chrissy telling JP that Roarke wanted an all-girls' alliance as a clever tactic. Roarke had lied to Chrissy first by saying she was ready to work with her when she clearly wasn't. JP wanted to save Roarke who was going to eliminate Chrissy so Chrissy had to use drastic measures to ensure her safety. Actually, that's much less of a lie than Tom telling Caryn he'd keep her safe because he needed her vote at F6. What happened next? Tom voted Caryn out at F5!!

Tom was a man among men in Palau but that doesn't make him "the best who ever played the game". He Outplayed everyone but what about Outwitting? He didn't do enough of that to be called the greatest ever.

Ashlee wanted to quit on the boat ride before the season even started so when she did quit in episode 2 it certainly wasn't because of Tom's dominance. Jeff quit because he couldn't handle the pain of a twisted ankle, not because of Tom. Kim stopped playing because she had just lost Jeff, not because of Tom. Janu quit because she was sick, not because of Tom. Only Ibe and Ian could be said to have quit because of Tom's dominance. SIX quitters in a season; now that's a weak cast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •