The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kicking off S35"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2619 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-15-17, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kicking off S35"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-17 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-15-17 AT 08:22 PM (EST)

Ahoy Castaway Bashers!!!

Another “real” season of Survivor is upon us. Let’s hope CBS doesn’t take a page out of BB and have a slimy scum-of-the-earth returnee like a Paul Abramson “jack-in-the box” his way into the game on the season premier.

Before I get into the individual bashings, a few general observations:

Not a fan of the three-tribe beginning. I enjoy the concept of the cut and dry concept of either being victorious in the team IC and earning your safety, or having to grab your torch and take the walk to TC. With three tribes you don’t have to be on a solid tribe as much as having good ‘ole dumb ass luck to possibility be able to escape TC until merge. *COUGH* Michele Fitzgerald *COUGH* *COUGH*
But I do enjoy the “Heroes, Healers, Hustlers” theme, so I guess you can’t have it both ways.

Collectively, we have the following Pet Peeves among this season’s cast—Four hate laziness, four despise complainers, among others who also note fake people and liars as dislikes that annoy them. Have any of these players even watched one episode of Survivor? Maybe we’ll have some Earl’s or Ami’s who swear to have never seen the show before they embarked on the game… *SNORT*

Anyway, here’s my initial bash of this season’s cast in alphabetical order based on their bios:

ALAN – One may feel a former NFL player is as good as dead in this game, but I don’t think any castaway will recognize Alan as a former 7th round pick who played in the NFL. If he doesn’t have the need to feed his ego with former gridiron exploits, he should be able to maintain his anonymity.
His “scratch and claw” competitiveness should make him a beast in comps, yet he goes on to say we will not see gameplay like his? Sorry Alan; scores have played the game by being challenge studs…but thanks to Production’s orgasm with the weak and inept, most have been victimized by the ADS.
So Good Luck.

ALI – She comments that “periods” are not featured on Survivor. Like Duh…I wonder why? Maybe for the same reason we don’t see castaways dealing with bowel movements without any toilet paper or wipes? Probst reluctance to shake players hands might provide a clue. Or the horny toads casted to live among scantly-dressed tribemates, yet no hint or suggestion of any “self-satisfaction” for 39 days?

ASHLEY – No bash from her bio. I’m actually digging her as a player and hope she advances in the game. If she does possess the social skills with both genders as she suggests, it will be a big feather in her cap. I think she’ll hold her own in challenges as well.

BEN – He’s jacked up to be on Survivor for the opportunity to “live with nothing.” Much to Ben’s chagrin, that hasn’t happened since S4. With the generous amount of luxury and food rewards thrown the castaways way on a weekly basis, some select former players actually looked better on Day 30 than when they appeared on the season premier. Yes, sadly the game has evolved to a non-Survivor like ambience.

CHRISSY – As the oldest castaway this season, she’ll be up against the greatest divide in Reality TV—Age. Although with three tribes, if her team can escape last place finishes and she gets past that early season hump, her possible ineptness could punch her ticket to the end game.

COLE – Female castaways will drool over his 2% body fat physique. The weak and inept castaways will anti-darwin his ass out of the game.

DESI – HUBBA, HUBBA! If she gets voted off during the Premier, I may consider packing it in for the season. Well, maybe not…but it would be a huge loss for the eyes of every heterosexual male viewer.

DEVON – By his own admission he will own every challenge, yet will win in the end because everyone will “love” him. Another delusional Survivor. I will burst his bubble with three words: Anti Darwin Syndrome.

JESSICA – She should be in decent shape so long as her tribe doesn’t win a can opener as a reward item. What would be hysterical is blowing her $500 at the Survivor Auction and winning a—Can opener. Of course, I would then be spending the rest of the season beating off the conspiracy theorists like ants at a picnic.

JOE – He’s a NY cop with no hair. Will others immediately make a Tony Vlachos connection? If he’s genuinely a decent guy, that could end up being a cruel and unfortunate fate for Joe.

JP – He appears to be very grounded and focused to play. Only concern—he describes himself as a “romantic.” Hope he doesn’t get sidetracked by some sappy showmance.

KATRINA – She lists her occupation as “Olympian.” She competed in the 1988 Olympic Games. So first grade math suggests she probably hasn’t held a real job for almost 30 years; unless she rattles off a list of unique and exceptional occupations, i.e. Debbie. If so, she has “Cat Lady” written all over her.

LAUREN – How did she get past the casting crew who selects 95% of the female players after tripping over their tongues?? I want to say she probably slipped through the cracks, but given her size/frame that “crack” would have to be the Grand Canyon. She is a fisherman. She better catch tons of fish for her tribe otherwise I do not see her long for this game.

MIKE – A germaphobe and he applied for the show? Apparently not a super fan; and if he is then he must have skipped S32.

PATRICK – He tells us how running a new business is stressful; yet he also tells us he’ll attack his Survivor experience like a “business trip.” Any takers on how many days it will take before his head explodes?

ROARKE – She says everything peeves her. Know what peeves me? Not knowing what the hell she’s talking about listing her hobbies as “falling into Bachelor social media black holes” and “listening to the Uhh Yeah Dude podcast.” Oh, it gets better…
Her inspiration in life is the five-year old offspring (Blue Ivy) of an Ex-Con Thug (Jay-Z) and a woman who prances on stage dressed like a street walker (Beyonce.) Speaking of offspring, she goes on to say she could be the product of former Survivors Sophie Clarke and Courtney Yates. She has the makings to be the most polarized castaway in Survivor history…and we’ve had some doozies. I’m feeling bad for her tribemates; I’ll give them 60 seconds tops before they’ll want to ring this whack-a-doodle’s neck.

RYAN – A geeky “fish out of the water” dweeb who is hoping to be the next David Wright (S33.)

SIMONE – Getting full paid scholarships to Columbia, Harvard, and Tufts! Beyond impressive!!! So with that scholastic resume how did she end up as a—Diversity Advocate? Not that there’s anything wrong with that profession, but getting free rides to Columbia, Harvard, and Tufts, you’d think she’d have found a cure for cancer, or (Like Shirin) working on her second million before 30.
She lists “complaining” as one of her hobbies. With four other castaways listing complaining or whinning as a pet peeve, this does not bode well for our sweet Asian doll.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 ISOs (Initial Snarky Observations) kingfish 09-16-17 1
   RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observatio... Aruba 09-17-17 2
       RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observatio... kingfish 09-17-17 3
           RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observatio... Aruba 09-18-17 9
 RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-17-17 4
   RE: Kicking off S35 kingfish 09-17-17 5
       RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-17-17 6
           RE: Kicking off S35 kingfish 09-18-17 7
               RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-18-17 10
           RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-18-17 8
               RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-18-17 11
                   RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-19-17 12
                       RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-19-17 13
                           RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-20-17 14
                               RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-20-17 15
                                   RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-24-17 16
                                       RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-24-17 17
                                           RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-25-17 18
                                               RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-25-17 19
                                                   RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-27-17 21
                                                       RE: Kicking off S35 michel2 09-27-17 23
                                                           RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-28-17 24
 RE: Kicking off S35 personofinterest 09-27-17 20
   RE: Kicking off S35 Aruba 09-27-17 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19893 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-17, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "ISOs (Initial Snarky Observations)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-17 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

Well, you're right. This belongs in Bashers. Welcome back.

1. Alan. NFL? It's almost a sure thing he can't win. Should be kept on hand for a while, though, he'll probably be on a tribe that thinks he can keep them out of TC for a while.

2. Ben. I have a funny feeling that his being a proven leader in the military is not going to be an asset on Survivor. I very much doubt that that kind of leadership will be helpful on an island of self serving authority resenting alpha-male/female civilians.

3. Jessica. Her pet peeve -> can openers <-. Real deep thinker here. Still, I will enjoy watching her, I think, sexist a-hole that I am. (Awww, it's so cute watching her flustered expressions and body language while trying to operate a can opener).

4. Roark. She needs her toilet paper and skin moisturizer? I pity the rest of her team.

5. Joe. Another Cop. From the Bronx no less. Hate to say it but he has a chance.

6. Simone. ♪ Simone ♫. I will personally come out there and give anyone who votes to evict her the evil eye.

Full rides to Colombia, Harvard, and Tufts? Jesus. She is going to have to play real dumb to get thru this game.

On the other hand, it is really sexy watching a beautiful young woman who is actually smarter than anyone else play dumb in a way that is strategic and artful. And most of all, cute.

Simone. (sigh)

7.Devon. Grasshopper. Likes surfing, yoga, and playing music. He seems to have a weird idea of how they play this game.

8. Katrina. Token crazy lady.

9. Ryan Token crazy nerd guy. Wants to take a podium to the island so that he can lecture people who aren't there in order to pretend that people care. Hopefully no one is going to elect another Trump to be anything, even Sole Survivor.

Also, he is from North ####, NJ. Which I assume stands for North Sucksville NJ.

10. Desi. Whatever her pet peeves are, apparently she has a working butt. I am tentatively giving my approval to Desi and her working butt. She and her butt will be well worth watching for as long as she lasts.

Here I shall add a pet peeve of my own, which is casting black people who can't swim. It's an unfair stereotype, and I am hoping Desi can swim like a fish (but not as good a Kingfish, that's my gig). It's a contest held on an island where the probability is that there will be swimming involved, so come on casting director, add the ability to swim to the list of necessary talents for all Survivor prospects.

11. Mike. We finally get to Mike. The reason I was inspired to make this list. He is a germaphobe. And he's going to be on Survivor? On an island without sanitary facilities? Where castaways have had infections serious enough to be evacuated? Who have had to get chunks of their flesh cut out? Who risked having limbs amputated? Who have almost died? And he's a volunteer for this game?

He's a urologist, so in addition to being wealthy (I would guess) and smart as a whip in order to get that far, he doesn't connect isolated island survival living with the possibility of getting serious staph infections? And as a germaphobe he doesn't run screaming from this whole idea?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-17-17, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observations)"
Hey Kingfish; how the heck are ya!
Great response…of course I would expect nothing less.

We are on the same wavelength with Katrina as a possible “Debbie” clone. Let’s hope she doesn’t cause as much damage to this season as the hurricane (Katrina) did in New Orleans.

Also agree on Ryan…wacky nerd. He says the former castaway most like him is Todd Herzog. Those are pretty impressive shoes to fill (from a Survivor standpoint.) As I stated in my bash, I’m seeing David Wright written all over him.

Like how we both picked up on the “can opener” pet peeve with Jessica.

I’m sure everyone reading the bios will pick up on Alan as a former NFL player, but will anyone really make the connection in the game? I think he’ll be able to share his full name with everyone and the rest of the cast will still be clueless.

Like Alan, if Joe can’t keep his real occupation under the lid, he’s toast.

I apologize for monopolizing all the snark material on Roark. She provided us a chock full of ammo in her bio. She could possibly make Big Mess “Meech” (BB18) a motivational speaker by comparison…and there’s a chick with issues in serious need of immediate psychiatric help.

Germaphobe Mike…obvious snark for both of us.
Although I’m thinking that could be a bit of embellishment or over exaggeration on his part; perhaps a “hook” to increase his chances of being casting. When stating he’s a germaphobe, he mentioned it in the same sentence as double-dipping. I’m not a germaphobe, but the thought of putting something in my mouth that’s been in someone else’s mouth would skeeve me out as well.
His bio concluded bragging about his social game by stating, “people will be hugging me as I vote them off.” IDK, a REAL germaphobe would rather stick a hot needle in their eye than even shake hands with someone…you’d think a full body embrace would be completely out of the question.

AHHH, now let’s get to some man-to-man eye candy talk. You can gawk at Simone; I’ll be eyeballing Desi.
Free rides to three institutions among the toughest to get into jumps right at you. I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I do not think she will be capable of “playing dumb.” That coupled with complaining as one of her hobbies…I’m afraid your “evil eye” may be upon us early and often.

I hear you on the black swimming stereotype. Pure rubbish!
In S10 that started out with 20 players, Afro-American Jolanda outswam ALL the other female castaways in the season premier to earn immunity. In S19 Afro-American Jaison kicked butt in the swim portion earning his tribe a win in the initial challenge. He went on to inform us in a confessional that he played water polo.

Black simmer Cullen Jones who lives about 10 miles from me (Irvington, NJ) won Olympic Gold in swimming. I was working with youth groups at the time and I met him when he went on a speaking tour right after his Olympic triumph motivating young kids to never give up on their dreams.
An awesome example of using your success to give back to the community.

09-17-17, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observations)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-17 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

Hello Aruba, missed you last season. Hope you were just resting. Unless you were really here and my dementia has returned.

Alan I'll admit that my post was misleading. But actually I don't think that being an exNFL player per se is what will sink Alan, it's just his physique and impressive strength. And the pattern that most big guys seem to fall into, of being kept for the first part of the game because their perceived advantages in physical challenges keeps their tribe out of TCs for a while. But as soon as it becomes individual contests, then they become big targets and almost inevitably get booted by the gang. Who knows what would happen though if the token big guy actually has a social game that isn't basically intimidation.

So, although he may well try to hide his profession, there's really no need. And although he doesn't have name recognition as an exNFL guy, by just looking at him one can make educated guesses, NFL, MLB, NBA, Wrestling, Olympian, etc. Any of which could have the same negative effect if one is to be had. Actually, when you consider it, being a low draft choice means he can own up to it because he can make a believable case that he's not a high paid athlete. The germaphobe Urologist probably has being rich as a larger liability than Alan.

Roark There is no apologizing in Bashers. I had actually posted my stuff in Spoilers a few days ago, and when I saw your post here I moved it from there. I was just riffing then and just didn't happen to riff on her as well as a few others.

I had the most fun riffing on the germaphobe and Jessica. That was fun.

Desi Right with you there, I am as bad a sexist pig as you seem to be, and she is dead center in my crosshairs as well. I don't know if she can play down her intellectual advantages, in fact like you I kinda doubt it, she most likely has never had to do that before. But I would like to see it. Have you ever seen a Judy Holiday movie - you have to be a fan of classic movies - but she often portrayed a dumb blonde who was actually sharper than the men around her and managed to use that to beat them at their game.

♫ Simone! ♪ Yeah, I know, when the game starts she'll be revealed as a back biting bitch whih a screechy voice and warts on her ass (isn't that always the way?), but for now, I will enjoy my fantasy.

09-18-17, 06:37 PM (EST)
9. "RE: ISOs (Initial Snarky Observations)"
I’m happy to inform you, you do NOT suffer from dementia. I was not here because I only participate in “real” seasons.

OK, gotcha on Alan. I’ve always been a believer too that one’s physical presence and/or proactive efforts to give 100% in everything they undertake could be an unfortunate death knell in this game. What you described in your paragraph, I more or less summarized in three words: Anti Darwin Syndrome.

Granted she wasn’t offered free rides to Colombia, Harvard, Tufts, but earning professorship by age 26 is nothing to sneeze at. I still think “playing dumb” will be a tougher sell for Simone. Difference here is (once again) social stereotypes. The average castaway will look at a young Asian girl and immediately think—Brainiac. Personally, I do not think all Asian girls possess an IQ of 200 anymore than blacks can’t swim, white men can’t jump, etc. etc. But stereotypes are tough to shake. And being placed on the Hustler Tribe could be the proverbial insult to injury.

With that said, I wish both of us the best of luck that our “fantasies” will be able to advance deep into the season.

michel2 2209 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-17-17, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Nice to see you, Aruba!

I've not yet looked at anything mostly because I hate the gimmick of H-H-H and because I feel Survivor thinks we're dumb enough to fall for their "game". They didn't even try to hide the fix last season. Their promos for this season even tell us to "be ready to get sucked back in." Well, I'm no longer a sucker and I'll be looking at this strictly as TV entertainement instead of a competition. If it doesn't make me laugh I will tune out.

09-17-17, 01:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Hey Mike, glad you returned.

I like the three tribes format if it's played straight - non-involvement by producers should be sacred and it's not. But the three tribe format makes strategery more complicated, and with survivors getting smarter and knowing past strategies and how they worked out, I think the game needed to get more complicated.

BTW, you have never been a sucker in this sense, your insistence from way back that Producers tried to influenced the game is well recorded. I can't agree that they actually fixed the game though. Influenced? Yes. Fixed? That's arguable. But even if they just had their thumb on the scales, that's crappy, and it takes away from the enjoyment of game analysis.

I am also glad that there are no veteran returners this season. At least I sincerely hope no vets are sprung upon us.

09-17-17, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Kicking off S35"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-17 AT 10:57 PM (EST)

I believe that, since Probst took over as exec producer, Survivor has become as fixed as pro wrestling. There was absolutely no way Sierra would have given her legacy advantage to Sarah instead of Brad unless she was ordered to do so in order to create a big move. I could go back to many other instances last season and in previous ones that just don't make sense. Woo picking Tony can only be explained by seeing Woo getting rewarded with a second chance and now doing TV commercials.

Because of the live feeds we know that Big Brother is fixed so why would Survivor be different?

It's easy to understand why they do so: They spend so much money organizing the game, they hate seeing people win without making moves. Pagonging the other tribe and dragging goats to the end are sound strategies but boring to watch so they interfere to "suck" us in.

09-18-17, 11:50 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Kicking off S35"
No argument about producer influence in BB. Very heavy handed. The pedantic side of me will argue that it's still influencing rather than fixing (which I take as exerting absolute control - In spite of any offers Woo could still have not picked Tony, and Sierra could still have rebelled), but I agree that that's a distinction without a real difference.

You didn't mention what must be the biggest reasons producers can't help themselves from meddling - audience shares, demographics, and ultimately ad revenue - and their ideas of what it takes to increase all of those. They are so used to how television used to work (and still does I guess) with scripts and laugh tracks (ugh!) designed to keep us coming back from commercial breaks (suck us in as you point out) and they are so entrenched in the notion that reality has to be scripted, and they are so afraid that if they just let things happen as they will, that it will bore the audience. And after 34 seasons, maybe it would, but if they really have to interfere, they should hire personnel more gifted at the con game than they presently use. Especially at BB, those people are hacks.

09-18-17, 11:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kicking off S35"
I see we are not that far apart in our assessment of this hoax calling itself reality TV. I will not split hairs but I feel you are still letting them off easy.

09-18-17, 06:29 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Hey Michel!
As “Rain Man” would say…M-I-C-H-E-L…MAIN MAN!!

So, you’re thinking WWF on CBS. LOL
Nothing for nothing, if you truly believe that than I acknowledge and completely understand your absence from these Boards.

Please don’t feel I’m purposely siding with Kingfish, but I would lean more toward his assessment of maybe creating a format or twist to “influence” a particular outcome as opposed to outright fixing or rigging a season.

If you want a dominant, athletic, proactive player to win make the challenges tougher and more physical. If you want a whimpier, weaker player to win shove puzzles down their throats.

If there’s been too many male sole survivors over the course of several years, start off the season separating tribes by gender which favors the female castaways.

These are a few “formats/twists” I can think off the top of my head to possibly “influence” an outcome.

I am unable to comment on last season, (and because IMHO I did not consider that “real”) nor would I.

Yes, in S28 Woo got to pick who would sit next to him in the Finals. But let’s not forget, it was Tony’s HII (with special powers) that guaranteed Woo would be in the F3 to make that decision. Tony was also savvy enough to purposely tug on his “cultural/religious strings” for extra measure. Most fans/viewers who covet a social game would consider that Survivor at its most effective best.

Regardless how you wish to spin Woo’s decision, I truly believe at the end of the day it came down to more that Chaos Kass was a disliked player that season. Tina benefitted by Colby hating Keith in S2; Sandra benefitted by Lil being repulsed by Fairplay in S7, and so on…

As a matter of fact at the Finale/Reunion for S28, when Probst actually interviewed the producer who thought up the HII with Special Powers, that producer flat out said on live TV, “They were really hoping Spenser would be the one to find that idol!” Quite revealing Production would actually admit to that, so on the same token if it TRULY was a fix or rig, Spenser would have possessed that special idol…not Tony.

Again, great to hear from you! I said before, if you’re still believing CBS placed that “second gunman on the grassy knoll in Dallas TX,” or “left remains of green men with big black eyes on the autopsy tables at Roswell, NM;” I will respect your departure from this forum.
But you will be SORELY missed and it won’t be the same here without ya. ☹

09-18-17, 11:54 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kicking off S35"
I won't get into everything but there are huge differences between what happened in the Outback, Pearl Islands and Cagayan:

- Colby thought he would beat Tina but really didn't mind losing to her because he had been following her game strategy from the start.

- Lil knew she was going to lose to either Sandra or Fairplay so she decided herself who should win. (That comes directly from a conversation I had with her BTW)

- Woo HAD to know he would win against Kass but lose to Tony so there's NOTHING Tony could have said to persuade him. It wasn't Tony's social game, which was atrocious by the way, that earned him the victory, it was production who fixed it. Why would Woo show loyalty to someone he knew wanted to vote him out earlier in the game and kept calling him "weasel Woo"? It simply doesn't add up. Woo accepting a bribe from SeeBS explains everything.

A Producer might have said they wanted Spenser to find it but was he telling the truth? I don't believe anything they say.

09-19-17, 06:32 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Kicking off S35"
The “huge differences” between Outback, Pearl Islands, and Cagayan are the last contestants remaining in Outback and Peal Islands were castaways you liked; and in Cagayan the sole survivor was a very easy person to dislike.

In all three cases, the player who won the final IC chose NOT to take the most annoying and disliked castaway to FTC. No production intervention required.

Of course Lil would tell you (and the whole world) she thought she would lose to either. The alternative is having to live every day of her life contemplating a $900,000 blunder.

At the Reunion when Jeff was about to take the straw poll to determine who would have won in a Lil/Fairplay Final, she asked him not to. Not surprisingly, Probst kept the cameras rolling and the poll revealed a Lil victory. She responded something to the effect, it didn’t matter because she did not want a “partier and womanizer” like Johnny winning ANYTHING regardless of who placed where.

I’m sure Colby felt fine going into FTC with either Tina or Keith, but his chances were better against Keith; as was Woo’s chances better sitting next to Kass.

So what’s the common thread here—NOT taking the player you disliked the most to FTC.

On paper Woo did have an advantage over Kass, but the prospect of possibly losing to someone so annoying and bitchy would have been a tougher pill to swallow. It was mentioned a couple times during the season sitting next to a seasoned defense attorney in Kass at FTC would not be a favorable position to be in. Kass would have been very much within her element and would have used that experience to handle herself well at FTC. Tony and Woo were keenly aware of that fact...without any intervention from Production.

And BTW, I’m not stating Tony played a great social game in the Cagayan season. He didn’t. What I stated was in his end game using Woo’s beliefs and principles to establish a guilt trip was an effective social tool Tony used to his advantage.

I figured you would insinuate Production lied to the world on live TV at the Cagayan reunion. It is human nature to believe, or not believe, what was said depending on how one feels about a particular situation/person. As well as conspiracy theories and/or fixes may come to the forefront when one is reluctant to accept what they regard as an undesirable outcome.

09-19-17, 09:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kicking off S35"
We both know the real difference between those 3 seasons: You hated Sandra, didn't appreciate Tina but you certainly liked Tony.

We both know Jeff's poll was 100% meaningless. On the island, no one was going to reward an outcast. Fairplay would have easily gotten votes from Ryno, Sandra, Rupert, Burton and Christa because they all hated Lil much more.

It is also human nature to lie to protect oneself. SeeBS lied to us. I'm not like you because I've actually accepted all the outcomes except for maybe Michelle beating out Aubry. Tony's win was certainly preferable to seeing Kass, Woo or even anyone else win. Contrary to you, I am able to distance myself from what I saw to figure what really happened.

09-20-17, 07:02 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kicking off S35"
I admit to disliking the obnoxious bitch Sandra. As for not appreciating Tina? Back in the very early days of Survivor (i.e. Outback) I have much appreciation for anyone who could endure 39 days of starvation, dehydration, etc. back when Survivor truly lived up to its name.

But at the end of the day, spurred by his hatred for Keith, Colby proceeded to commit a $900,000.00 blunder and essentially handed the million to Tina.

The assessment I take the most offensive to is “liking Tony. Really?? Granted, he owned the Cagayan season and deserved to be sole survivor, but as a person—I think he’s a skunk and a disgrace to every man/woman who wears a police badge.

I’ll repeat for the umpteenth time, the reason I noted those three seasons is because the winner of the final IC chose NOT to take the more disliked player to the Finals with them. For the life of me I don’t understand why that obvious observation would be so difficult for anyone to grasp?

My response to any Pearl Island juror who had a bug up their butt over an “Outcast” sitting in the Finals—If Morgan AND Drake BOTH didn’t get their asses kicked in the challenge NO Outcast would have been allowed to reenter the game. Despite that obvious fact, I believe more Jurors despised Fairplay more than being disgruntled over losing that challenge to the Outcast team.

Yes, Ryno and Burton would have voted for Fairplay. Christa – I doubt it. Ruppert – No way. Sandra’s arm went up in the air on Reunion Night showing she would have voted for Lil over Fairplay. She stated in an interview afterwards, Johnny was the “epitome of evil” and the most despicable person she ever met.

In 1963 (and even to this day) some Americans do not want to accept the possibility that a mentally displaced gunman could act on his own and take out a US President bringing a World Power to its knees. So marks the birth of a conspiracy theory/presumed cover-up.

On a lesser scale, some Reality Show enthusiasts may not like a particular outcome. So marks the birth of a conspiracy theory/presumed cover-up.

Listen, if indisputable proof should surface that a second gunman on the grassy knoll fired the fatal shot to assassinate JFK...or Colby and Woo accepted “bribes” from CBS for post-Survivor endorsements that came their way by taking a more desired castaway to FTC as they were told, I honestly would not be shocked to death. Hell, anything’s possible.

In conclusion, I will acknowledge those theorists who hang on to proposed fixes and rigs to “distance” themselves from outcomes that did not satisfy them. In return, I trust the same acknowledgement can be given to those who “distance” themselves from proposed conspiracies and suggested fixes until accurately proven otherwise.

09-20-17, 09:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kicking off S35"
- Christa actually liked Fairplay so she votes for him no doubt.

- Of course Sandra said she would have voted for Lil, the woman who had just handed her a million dollars BUT if Lil had voted her out and kept Fairplay, NO DOUBT that Sandra makes her pay. Right there, that should tell you that Probst's poll was worthless.

- Rupert hated Fairpley but he knew they would be going mano-a-mano against each other so he was much more pissed at Lil for betraying him. He came to HATE her deeply.

I never said that they bribed Colby but that he knew exactly what he was doing. From what we saw in future seasons, Colby has to be one of the least competitive person I've ever seen. Sure he likes to win challenges but he's never appeared like someone who hates to lose. He was truly happy when Tina was announced as a winner and I believe he was being honest. So, if that is what he wanted, it can't be called a mistake.

Yes, I know you didn't like Tony as a person but you were drooling over his proactive way of playing the game, totally forgetting about his pityful social game. Like you, Probst was salivating at the thought of seeing someone like Tony winning so he made sure it would happen.

Simply put, even if you don't agree with them, Colby had his reasons to take Tina, his F2 partner, to the end, Lil had her reasons to take Sandra, a mother just like her, to the end. Woo had absolutely NO REASON to take Tony. That should prove the fix was on.

09-24-17, 11:41 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Of course you would not suspect all the commercial/endorsement opportunities that fell Colby’s way was a “bribe.” You were happy with the Outback outcome. Sorry Michel...if you feel Production manipulates/fixes outcomes you need to be comprehensive and consistent with your accusations. Let’s not pick and choose which seasons were rigged based on particular results befitting to one’s personal likings.

Woo had reasons to choose Tony over Kass. Tony & Woo were together on DAY ONE both casted on the “Brawn” tribe. That’s not to say they would become Bosom Buddies for life; but clearly a closer connection existed with Tony than with chaos Kass.

In the F4, Woo’s fate was in the hands of Tony and his HII with Special Powers (the one Production wanted Spencer to find) after Kass’s IC win put the target on Tony making his the crucial vote. Tony guaranteed Woo a place in the F3 by not voting for him at the F4 TC. And it was Tony’s ‘social” exchange with Woo playing on Woo’s personal feelings and principles to lay the necessary guilt trip to seal the deal. Not too shabby for a player with NO social game.

Spin and twist all you wish, but with all of the disgusting and degrading talk about girls/women, the female castaways (and most of the male castaways) did NOT like Fairplay. Rather than continue to muddy the water with who would have won in a hypothetical F2 Lil vs. Johnny...in all three instances the winner of the last IC voted out the castaway that was most annoying/disliked and had less of a connection than with who they ultimately sat next to in the Finals. That is the consistent point I initially made and the one that is apparent to anyone without a PhD in Spinology.

09-24-17, 11:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kicking off S35"
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-17 AT 11:12 PM (EST)

If I were to find out that S2 was rigged, I wouldn't be shocked or disappointed but I simply believe that Mark Burnett had more belief in his game and he had the ratings back then. The show has gone downhill once Jiffy became executive producer and he saw the ratings drop so badly that he decided to fix the seasons so that we'd see "big moves" being rewarded. That's the difference between S2 and Cagayan.

Back in S2, people were watching the survival aspect and the social interactions at camp between strangers. Now? People only see, only want to see strategy. So Probst makes it all about "Big Moves".

Do you know what I believe really happened in Cagayan? I truly believe that, once Kass surprised everyone and won the F4 challenge, ensuring Spencer's elimination, Probst realized he was facing an absolutely boring F3 where Tony would surely win. How could he fill 2 hours with that? Easy: Switch from a F3 to a Final 2 but impose one rule: Wooever won the F3 challenge would HAVE to take Tony to the F2.

This made for one more suspenseful challenge and a WTF moment for the gullible audience when they saw Woo choose Tony. Instead of that boring F3, Probst created a memorable finale but still got his man to win.

09-25-17, 06:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Conspiracy theorists have been bellyaching over undesirable outcomes as early as the beginning of Survivor...and yes...that would include as far back as Outback. “Social interaction between strangers” is/was not a Survivor innovation; Real World takes claim to that...and we know how that ended up. Bellyachers have their God-given right to bellyache. My criticism is being inconsistent when deciding when to hang their hats on hypothetical situations.

You present an interesting theory about the Cagayan finale. The issue I have is I do not think Tony was “their man” in the Finale. Not only did Production infer on Live TV that Spencer was “their man,” IMHO I honestly believe a majority of viewers and Survivor fans (including this poster) wanted Spencer to be the ultimate winner over Tony or any other cast member in the Cagayan season for that matter.

If that season was truly fixed, Production would not have been “SURPRISED” by Kass’s IC win on Day 37; that IC would have been “rigged” for Spencer to win. And in the F3 IC, NO WAY Production could be THAT masterful to orchestrate a “rigged” challenge that Woo would win by a mere ½ second!! The guilt trip Tony successfully laid on Woo would have never worked on Kass.

The one accurate comment made that cannot be disputed is the lower ratings. Keep lining up silly puzzles every episode. Keep casting inept social butterflies who missed their opportunity to become DAWS in the excruciatingly boring format known as MTV Real World.
...and watch the ratings sink even lower.

09-25-17, 09:40 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Kicking off S35"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-17 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

Stop saying I'm being inconsistent when I clearly explained the differences between F2 and Cagayan. Being obtuse doesn't help a discussion.

The F4 challenge was actually rigged for Spencer: It had an athletic part that should have eliminated Kass and a puzzle part that stumped both Tony and Woo. Spencer simply choked and production couldn't account for that. That's why I believe they scrambled to save their season and get their "other" man to win. Tony, despite his atrocious social game, made for a good narrative, something they could sell to all the people like you who drink their Kool-Aid.

And production didn't have to rig the F3 challenge because both Kass and Woo were forced to take Tony.

09-27-17, 06:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Kicking off S35"
I’ve provided clear examples of similarities as well. My examples are clear because they’re based on events that occurred; not on unproven theories.

And now I’m drinking Production’s “Kool-Aid?” Your attempt to infer I’m gullible "doesn't help the discussion” either.

HMMM, actually that Kool-Aid tastes familiar...I may have had it before...YEAH, now I remember! It was from the same pitcher critics claim the gullible souls drank from who do not believe the conspiracy theorist’s claim that the Apollo 11 lunar landing was really a staged event filmed in some studio right here on earth. *snort*

And here’s the crème de la crème...the Holocaust in Germany during WWII was a hoax. Theorists claim a hoax conspired by Jews to help facilitate the creation of an Israel nation. How far-fetched and pathetic is that?! So, I guess those deaths in the camps were all the result of disease; not exterminations? All those gullible historians who still think those atrocities occurred??
SWEET MOTHER OF MERCY!!

Now come on Michel, if you claim Production would have FORCED Kass to take Tony to the Finals, it would have been just as easy to FORCE Kass not to win the IC...if the season was really rigged. Actually the “Kool-Aid” would have went down a lot easier to convince the gullible viewers Kass lost an IC as opposed to actually making us believe she would have made the sole decision to take Tony to the Finals. And we all know based on what occurred, that did not happen.

09-27-17, 09:32 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Comparing Survivor to such historical events as the Lunar landing and the Holocaust? You must be desperate to "win" this argument!

What I'm saying is that production sat down with Woo and Kass to tell them this truth: We were supposed to end with a F3 but then you'll certainly lose to Tony. Do you want the jury to determine which one of you comes in 2nd and who is third or do you want to determine it yourself? We'll give you a challenge but the winner will have to take Tony to the end.

Woo would jump at the opportunity to win a challenge while Kass knew it would be her only shot at 2nd place so they agreed. Had Kass won, we would have heard her reasoning which would have gone something like: "Tony ruffled a lot of feathers while Woo didn't hurt anyone so I think I have a better shot against Tony."

09-28-17, 06:14 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Kicking off S35"
WOW, and you call me "desperate?" LMAO

Your hypothetical and entertaining supposition is a reach of monumental proportions. I fear future rotator cuff surgery for our resident Spin Doctor.

You know I still luv ya, Man!!

personofinterest 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-17, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Hi everyone (or all four of us)!

Some fabulous looking people this season. And the "average" are still interesting in appearance. Some (ok, most) of the bios are annoying and delusional - so, it should be a fun season with no retreads!

But I'll be honest - just like with Big Brother - by the end I will hate them all!

09-27-17, 06:19 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Kicking off S35"
Hey Person...yes, we are a dying breed.

I’m hearing you on the “average looking person” observation. Actually, I’m kind of digging the fact it would appear cast were not recruited from modeling agencies. Although difficult to gauge by the Bios, but it looks like the first season in a very long time without any plastic boobies. Of course, that observation would need to be confirmed. And I second the HOORAY on no returnees including three or four-time losers.

Enjoy the Premier tonight!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •