The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2406 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-28-16, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
" Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Final Six. Two Beauties; two Brains; two Brawns. Three girls; three guys. Three under 30; three over 30 (two of them over 50.) Rarely at this stage of the game we have equal representation among all the “food groups.”

GOOD

TAI – The pint-sized gay gardener has a set of stones. Yes, he was helped out by Aubry’s assurance, but it was still a huge gamble to not play the idol when he knew he’d be getting votes. Gutsy call and well played. If Joe quitting the challenge is a foreshadow of quitting the game, then the chain of events Kingfish laid out for Tai in last week’s list could come to fruition. I still contend turning on Scot/Jason handed the win to a female, but for the time being he can control his own destiny. If he doesn’t win the next IC he absolutely positively MUST play his idol not matter what.

AUBRY – Despite her killer effort in both challenges last week, others are perceived as more viable challenge threats. In a game where perception is reality, this bodes well for Aubry. She missed a golden opportunity to flush out Tai’s idol; and it was Tai himself who plopped the opportunity square in her lap. Giving Tai ANY sense of assurance was a boo-boo. She should have looked up with concerning eyes and said something to the effect, “Well I can give you MY word that I did not write down your name.” End of statement. In a matter of two seconds, Tai would have been standing in front of Jeff handing over his idol.

But probably no biggie because two male medivacs, Tai turning on Scot/Jason, and Joe’s total distain for the brawn men has all but affirmed a female winner this season putting Aubry in very good position.

NOT GREAT, MAYBE GOOD; NOT PATHETIC, MAYBE BAD

MICHELE – She was a human yo-yo this episode going from bad-to-good and good-to-bad. She started off bad being out of the loop last TC and being carried by Cydney in the RC serving as a microcosm to her game.. Michele fans will give her props for bringing Aubry on the reward, but quickly agreeing with Cydney to take Aubry was a perfect case of turning on the headlights while driving at night.

Just when I was going to put her on a pedestal for her impressive IC win (although not surprising as you would expect a bartender to possess above average memory) she idiotically professes she memorized ALL the symbols/numbers. I guess when you’ve been basically irrelevant all game, you may want to take advantage of any opportunity to toot your own horn; problem is it now puts you on the radar. This episode could have belonged to her, but her irrelevance came to the forefront with her reluctance to orchestrate a game-changing move (a Tai blindside.) And how comical the word she needed to spell to win the IC was “blindsided.” LMAO.

Should Michele make it to the end, Production may want to avoid bringing out the scale for the finalists to weigh-in on Finale Night. Michele could be the first player to actually gain weight during the season.

CYDNEY – In her case a wee bit too early to be calling it a “me” game. She needs all the “we” she can get right now. Definitely the MVP in the RC. Like Michele, her reluctance to pull the trigger on a Tai blindside flushed any chances for a win. Like far too many before her, she’s playing primarily to just advance as far as she can. That’s a shame...but what’s not a shame is her bikini that should be nominated for the Survivor Hall of Fame.

JASON – Actually not too bad an episode for him considering. Unfortunately he was unable to participate in the RC. At this crucial stage of the game to not be able to compete in a challenge because of random draw is a major Production flaw. He displayed remarkable restraint when confronted by Tai after TC, and could have relished sweet revenge had Michele/Cydney decided on a big move. Aubry contemplating the notion of Jason as goat material could advance him to the end, but I don’t know. If it was a F2 several players would want to sit next to Jason, but a F3 with a Jury of eight might not be an option worth taking.

PATHETIC

JOE – Tapping out of the challenge can only mean bad things for this casting debacle. He’s got a clear path to the Finals as long as his will and ability can get him there.

BOOTED

JULIA – This will be the last time I keep beating this dead horse, but I still do not criticize her for making the move and taking the risk she did. At least she was playing to win...more than can be said for others this season. So the current state of the game is Anti-Darwining a player because they solve puzzles, have a memory, and can be a female gymnast on a balance beam??? How sad...how very VERY sad.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... kingfish 04-29-16 1
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 04-29-16 2
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... kingfish 04-29-16 3
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 04-30-16 5
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 04-29-16 4
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 04-30-16 6
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 04-30-16 7
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 04-30-16 10
 RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 04-30-16 8
   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 04-30-16 9
       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 04-30-16 11
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 05-01-16 12
           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 05-02-16 13
               RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 05-02-16 14
                   RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 05-03-16 15
                       RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... michel2 05-03-16 16
                           RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, ... Aruba 05-04-16 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19017 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-16, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I think Mark will win, and that they'll use the species card against him.

At this point in this game I think things are pretty well settled, and the variable of who wins the remaining IC's will determine who gets the million. I see Tai playing his HI to avoid any chance of eviction at the final TC that the HI is usable, and Michele going instead. Tai, if he is really tactical, he'll use his advantage to try and sway the vote. Each remaining survivor has their end game preferences decided, except for Joe. And maybe Jason whose planning probably doesn't go beyond surviving the day. And no one except themselves wants either Aubry or especially Tai on the bench at F2/3, and everyone would like Jason to be there along side them.

Or they should, there have been murmurings about evicting Jason, but that would be foolish and surely he will be an F2/3.

Good position to win, and I think this season will have been an enjoyable success for me if either of them won.

Tai. I think if he is F2/3, even sitting next to Aubry, he'll win. I think he even get's the bully votes. He has to win the last IC, because if anyone else wins, he is voted off.

It's perilous for him because he also has to get past the second to last TC, but if he makes it - and he has demonstrated that he can do just about anything and charm just about anyone - he'll be our next Survivor champion. And a well deserved and very admirable one at that. His win would be the EPMB's wet dream, with Aubry winning not far off of that.

Aubry. If Tai doesn't make it through to the final TC, and Aubry does, then she wins. She'll lose a few votes, but she'll win. In a way, she is in a stronger position than Tai, because as long as Tai is there he should be the bigger target, thus her shield, and because of that he may not survive to compete in the final IC. I think that with his HI and advantage he should be vulnerable for only two TCs, and assuming that he wins the final IC (which is an absolute must for him), there is only one that is a wild card for him. Obviously, a 2 IC run would cinch it for him.

Of course that means that somehow she has to win the final IC if she is to make it to F2/F3. And to avoid being booted in in 2 other TCs.

That last should be a piece of cake for her, though.

Mark. Thanks to her mentoring by Tai, Mark might and maybe should have been the undisputed champion this season. One might argue that she shouldn't have tried to peck Tai's pecker so much, but he obviously still loves her so no harm (sort of) and no fowl (Heh Heh). Also too bad for her that her contract contains a clause that says only animals born with human genes are eligible to win, and unfortunately she lost her birth certificate. Actually, chickens never get birth certificates, and Mark will probably use her new bully pulpit to correct that injustice. She's our metaphorical Kenyan this season. And let's not forget that she was originally food, so in a very real sense, she probably will win, just 5 weeks to go. Out-surviving the stew pot is the key metric for her.

Mark could have probably won a weird food challenge.

Cluck Cluck, thumb talon up.

Good position to compete at the final TC.

Tai and Aubry See above.

Jason. What is he fretting about? He'll make F2/3, and then he'll lose. Just sit back and sip coconut water Jason, and talk about shoving nerds in lockers. Your fate is settled.

The only variable I can think of for his game is if the stars align just right and both Tai and Aubry are booted (and everything screams that that ain't gonna happen, that one of them will survive to win). If were to happen though, then I still don't see him defeating any of the others in an F3 final, and only Joe in an F2. And even against Joe it would be a long shot.

So stop worrying Jason, you'll get your per diem, you'll go home, get interviewed a million times, you'll get your survivor tat. Then you'll live your pathetic life and (hopefully) never get called back to Survivor.

If Jason somehow wins, I'll shoot my TV.

Cyd. I've come to admire Cyd. But she doesn't have the persuasiveness or leadership qualities she needs to get her game set up for a win. And she is a little too likeable and admirable to sit next to at F2. However, if either Tai or Aubry are booted, she might find an F3 seat.

If Cyd wins, it'll be OK, Just a so-so OK, but OK.

Cannon Fodder

Clueless Joe. He's 70, he gave it a go, but he's out of gas. His fate is in the hands of his tribemates as it always has been. He and Jason are pretty good goat material, so if either Aubry, Tai, Cyd, or Michele have their ideal F3 partners, he will be there. I predict he will be collateral damage from their infighting, though.

Michele. Tainted by her association with Julia who was in turn tainted by her association with the bully boys, I see her going next. If the others were smart and able to organize it would be Tai instead, and Michele and Cyd might actually see that as a good strategy as they have done before, but they probably aren't going to be able to pull it off.

If either of them win...well neither of them have a chance to win so I won't say what I would do. OKOKOK, I'll eat a toad if either of them win. There. Happy?

Casualty of Life

Julia. Her only real fault was her life inexperience, and she only has to not die to correct that. She is intelligent, willing to fight, has a killer instinct, and is likable . All good qualities in this game, and what (along with her sweet smile, attractiveness and bend over-likeability) got her this far.

She lacked the self critical experience to imagine how others see her, and how her actions might influence their decisions in a situation such as Survivor. While it was admirable that she recognized and tried to use the positives in a strategy of associating with an unlikable minority, it was a cockamamie idea, and she repeatedly failed to see that the negatives of an association with the bully boys very handily outweighed the positives.

If she had any objectivity about her decision there, she should be beating her head with a rock.

In time she'll be become more jaded, more suspicious, and most importantly, more self critical. Then she'll be ready to play the game.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-29-16, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
WOW...excellent analysis! I’ve got to hand it to both of you (Michel included) you dudes put so much into this. I’m a more shoot-from-the-hip tell-it-like-it-is Simon Cowell bluntness type of guy.

I agree with most of what you say so let’s get our only real disagreement out of the way. Julia could be generations older than she is now and I honestly do not think she’d play any differently. No way, no how she was ever going to get any better than 5th or 6th in the girls (+ bitch Joe) group. I’m not pinning all the blame on her exile immediately after the tribal switch, but it sure didn’t help. Had Tai not turned on Scot/Jason/Julia, she’d be in outstanding position for the F4, and short of Tai winning the final IC, the favorite for the mil. She played to win...unlike Michele and Cydney playing to just get as far as they can.

My heart wants to agree with you on Tai, but my gut says otherwise. He’s got a target on his back the size of Jupiter. Yes, he’s a gift from God for Aubry as a perfect meat shield for her, but the confidence he now has walking away from last TC without playing either advantage has him primed for a blindside. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong because Tai owned this season regardless who emerges as the sole Survivor.

Your assessment of Jason is beyond hysterical and on the money. I’m not as confident as you are about him making FTC, but if he does I wouldn’t be shocked serving as perfect goat material.

I’m thinking either of Cydney or Michele will make F3 and be mentioned in the same breath as Becky (S13), Cassandra (S14) and Mick (S19). If you’re trying to remember who they were...that’s my point.

I won’t say much about Joe other than his casting continues to make me wonder how the morons in Production can stay gamefully employed.

As much as Koah Rong belonged to Tai, this season has been giftwrapped for Aubry...and to her credit she has not squandered the opportunity and taken full advantage of the situation. I’d be fine with her as the sole Survivor. If neither Tai nor Aubry take the title, I’ll eat my hat!

kingfish 19017 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-16, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Thanks. But, minor confession that you should keep to yourself, Everything I do on these boards is hip-shot.

I sit down and start writing. And am usually surprised (pleasantly) if what comes out is coherent. I do try and edit for grammar and spelling.

04-30-16, 06:28 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I'm the same way. What I post is done in one sitting and I'd say about 90% of my historical facts are from memory. Although I'm going to confess maybe only half of the time I edit for grammer and such.

So why should I "keep it my myself???" You're in pretty awesome company! HaHa!!!

michel2 1565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-29-16, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-16 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

>"Final Six. Two Beauties;
>two Brains; two Brawns.
>Three girls; three guys.
>Three under 30; three over 30
>(two of them over 50.)
>Rarely at this stage of the game
>we have equal representation
>among all the “food groups."

I had the opposite reaction: It seems that more times than not, when the game starts with 3 or more tribes or when we have a thematic division of the groups other than simply by gender, we almost always have an even distribution at the end:

S8 All-Stars: Final 6 had one representative from 6 different seasons.

S12 Panama: Final 4 had one older man, one older woman, one young guy, one young woman.

S13 Cook Islands: The 4 ethnicities were represented in the Final 5

S14: The Final 4 had 2 Haves and 2 Have-Not.

S16 Micronesia: F6 had 3 Fans and 3 Favorites.

S20 Heroes vs Villains: F6 had 4 Villains and 2 Heroes (so this one doesn't fit but it's very close)

S21 Nicaragua (age division): F6 had 3 Youngsters and 3 older players.

S25 Philippines: F7 had 2 Matsing, 2 Kalabaw and 3 Tandang.

S26 Caramoan: F4 had 2 Fans and 2 Favorites.

S27 Blood vs Water: The original F6 had 3 Returning players and 3 Newbies.

S28 Cagayan: F9 had 3 Beauties, 3 Brawn and 3 Brains.

S30 Worlds Apart: F3 had one White Collar, one Blue collar and one No Collar.

The fix is on!

04-30-16, 06:44 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I'm sure if you dig deep enough you can find one type of equal distribution in some seasons (as your research proved.) Although eye-balling your list several of those seasons are with returning players that I do not regard as "real" seasons anyway.

If the F6 this season were only just two from each beginning tribe I would not have even mentioned that. But in ADDITION to that distribution we also had equal number from each gender (although one could make a case for Joe) and even more remarkably equal age division with 30 as the divider. Because I go primarily from memory, you may want to pull out your Survivor Almanac to confirm one way or the other, I do not recall a F6 where we had TWO castaways over 50. And if it did happen before, I'm positive it would a very, very short list.

"The fix is on!"

If one of your favorites should emerge the winner I'm wondering if you'll be as eager to play your infamous "conspiracy card?"

04-30-16, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-16 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

I know I played with the cut-off, going from F3 all the way up to F9 to find symmetry but the fact that we do have symmetry so often should at least raise an eyebrow. This should be totally random and even pagonging should work against symmetry when you have thematic tribes. Yet, there it is. Certainly not Planck's constant but so close that I have to suspect interference.

And no, my opinion won't change depending on the winner. I don't act like a fan.

Looking at only seasons without returning players:

Thailand had 2 over 50, Jan and Jake and two over 40: Helen and Clay.

Nicaragua also had two finalists over 50: Jane and Dan.

04-30-16, 07:20 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Had I taken the time to spin my mental rolodex I would have remembered Thailand with those older castaways in the F6, but I probably would not have remembered Nicaragua.

Nice job going through memory lane.

04-30-16, 04:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-16 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

The Good

1- Aubry: This was another terrific episode for Aubry and it culminated in a great moment when Tai asked her for advice. Many will say that she should have told him to play the idol and that mistake would cost her dearly but I think she played it perfectly. It showed the jury that Tai relied on her judgment and she was right in saying that Tai was safe. If he had wasted his idol he could have been upset with Aubry and he still had that mystery advantage to fear. Now, Aubry knows many important things about Tai: First, he doesn’t have a super idol than can be played after the votes are read because he was truly afraid of that vote. Next, she must think it’s a good bet that he doesn’t even have two ordinary idols or else why keep one if you have a spare. Most importantly, she knows Tai trusts her with his life in the game and that could enable her to learn about the vote advantage if she asks and it could also enable her to blindside Tai if she wants.

2- Mark The chicken is so good that it now appears in the opening credits! If Survivor had categories like Boxing then Mark would be the undisputed champion of the featherweight category! His social game has allowed him to last longer than anyone expected. He doesn’t even need to win immunity and he didn’t even look for hidden idols. That’s my kind of Survivor!

Mark is a very good player. First it warned Tai when Julia mentioned eating chicken after eliminating Tai, then it led the discussion to boot Julia:

"Did you hear that, dumbass?"

"Eat Mor Kow!"

I have a feeling that the audience will turn fiercely against anyone killing Mark. It will be presented as a worse action than when Steph decided to eat the sacrificial Mayan Chicken.

3- Jason: He played perfectly given his situation. When he told Michele and Cydney that they’ll never get rid of Tai now it made me think it will be Jason himself who won’t be removed anytime soon. With his schemes and his red shirt, he definitely reminds me of Chris in Vanuatu. However, his presentation has been significantly worse than Chris. Jason has a very touching personal story and he’s played a good game. The jury won’t refuse to vote for him because he mistreated Alicia way back in the first week of the season. Like Aubry said, Jason is a very polarizing figure so he wouldn’t get a majority of votes but he could get the plurality given the right circumstances and that's all he'd need.

4- Cydney: She was part of the discussion that led to the biggest move of the season and she played a key role in this vote also. The problem is that she was named as being in the bottom of the five person alliance so, as far as the jury is concerned, she should have made a move against Tai this week. Will she be able to make her case and prove to them that she was at the core of the decision? Even Julia and Jason must think Cydney got cold feet and voted against Julia only because that was what Aubry wanted.

5- Michele: That was a terrific performance in the IC starting with memorizing all the symbols and using sand to write the numbers. Even Mark was in awe of Michele when they returned to camp.

"Awe!"

By staying happy, staying humble and staying sane, Michele is adopting the recipe that served Kim well in One World. People felt they could confide in Kim and trust her mostly because of her behavior. The main difference is that Kim knew how to use the people around her to her own benefit. Michele only uses her social skills to get close to people. They trust her but they are using her. Michele knows how to socialize but she doesn’t use her position very well. To use Cydney’s comment, Michele’s game still sounds like a “we” game. She wanted to keep Julia but didn’t want to go against her alliance. In the end, she decided to do what was best for the group.

The Bad

1- Joe Puppy dog Joe shows less independence than a chicken! He's running out of energy so I wonder if he's come to the realization that he can't win and is only holding on long enough for the family visit and to help Aubry with his vote. I wouldn't be surprised to see him call the doc after seeing his loved one.

2- Tai: It can’t be a good sign when Jason looked more sympathetic in the scene where Tai presented his apology. Jeff’s message about fear entering the game seemed mostly directed at Tai who had been on pins and needles during the whole exercise. If he is letting his fears take control then that leads me to expect he will do something dumb. While the majority of the jury felt sympathy for Tai, he cannot have too many Tribal Councils like this one where he has to ask for last minute advice to Aubry.

Booted - Julia: What Aubry said about Julia also applies to Michele so maybe the bartender will be next but I think was too open about her tactics. She had the right plan but its execution was lacking. She should have solidified her alliance with Aubry but it seemed that she never forgave her for writing her name down before crossing it out. If Aubry had trusted her then she would have been free to scheme with the boys.

04-30-16, 07:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Stellar job! “Eat Mor Kow!” and “Awe!” were funny and outstanding contributions. LOL Only flaw is you left out the castaway who is owning this season.

I had forgotten about Michele writing the numbers in the sand at IC. Good call and she deserves major kudos for that. Like you said...she went with the flow. Certainly a recipe for advancement, but at this stage of the game she needs to think about a recipe for winning. As I stated before, all too often it is sadly not the recipe some players want to cook up.

To clear up what may have been a misconception, no way am I suggesting Aubry lie to Tai and tell him he’s positively getting the most votes so he should play his idol. That would have been dumb. Quite the contrary she should be nothing more or less than honest. The fact of the matter is the only vote you can be sure of at TC is YOURS. Had Cydney and Michele been players and made the big move to blindside Tai, Aubry would have been just as blindsided as Tai. She should have assured him of only her vote and her vote alone. Giving him ANY assurance is what ultimately tipped the scale for Tai to hang on to his idol. The only way it can haunt her is if Tai advances to the Finals, otherwise it should be a moot point.

When Tai won the extra vote advantage at the RC, you’ve got to believe his alliance at the time of Scot/Jason/Julia had to be all over him as to what that advantage was. Now if Tai refused to share with his alliance then those three would have be nothing short of blooming IDIOTS to think Tai would be loyal with them. I guess what I’m saying is I suspect that advantage may not be a secret only to Tai.

I know I’m in the minority when I say I’ve never really warmed up to the silly Mark the Chicken side story. Yet it does serve as an example that you could be pathetically inept but if carried by the player who is owning the season, you can advance deep in the game. You are right in saying if any player should even ruffle a feather on that stupid hen, they would go down as the worst villain in Survivor history.

04-30-16, 08:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
Oups! I guess I wanted to do a cut & paste to move Tai around but forgot the 2nd half of the action! Thank you for pointing it out and I've placed Tai in his proper position after this episode.

Aubry's response wasn't the same word for word but adding "it's your gut" was close enough. Like you, I don't think it's a big mistake and in fact, I pointed out some nice benefits that she should collect.

In his Ponderosa video, Scot said he didn't know about the advantage. They were all thinking tai received a 2nd idol and thought that was why he didn't want to give his idol to Scot because he had a super idol by himself. I wrote somewhere that had it been a member of my alliance I would have immediately turned on him.

Playing the follower is a very sound strategy. Mark was on the block but his use of the "anychick but me" tactic has worked perfectly up to now.

05-01-16, 06:48 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
>In his Ponderosa video, Scot said
>he didn't know about the
>advantage. They were all
>thinking tai received a 2nd
>idol and thought that was
>why he didn't want to
>give his idol to Scot
>because he had a super
>idol by himself. I
>wrote somewhere that had it
>been a member of my
>alliance I would have immediately
>turned on him.

Heck yeah! That would have been a MAJOR Red Flag in my book.

>Playing the follower is a very
>sound strategy. Mark was
>on the block but his
>use of the "anychick but
>me" tactic has worked perfectly
>up to now.

Too funny; yet Mark evolved into a follower not through inspired play/strategy but by desparate reliance. Such is the case with the pathetically inept.

05-02-16, 06:51 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I guess it’s just me but I’m not reading as much into the Tai/Aubry TC exchange as you are. First off if I had TWO idols at this stage of the game, NO WAY would I want to supersize it. Yes, I get the advantage of being able to play both the idols AFTER the votes are read, but I see much more benefit to playing the two idols at two SEPARATE tribal councils the “conventional” way instead of burning both of them to get by just one TC.

I’m certain the concept of the Super Idol was more for two separate players each holding an idol and supersizing it for the betterment of their alliance. As was the case at F8 had Tai decided with Jason/Scot to use it so their F4 with Julia could coast to the end. Obviously Tai did not want to go that route.

If I was one of the other players in the game, Tai asking for assurance of his safety would not convince me he may not have two idols. Everyone knows Tai is owning this season, Tai included, which is all the more reason if he had two idols he would want to keep them for the F6 and assure himself at least two more TCs knowing he is the prime target as the Anti-Darwin victim.

05-02-16, 10:09 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-16 AT 10:55 AM (EST)

The players think Tai could have two idols because they've never seen a voting advantage. They didn't get to see Stephen's advantage because S32 was filmed before S31. As for Dan's advantage in S30: Worlds Apart, that season was still airing last spring while this one was being filmed.

Advantage in the game had always meant advantage in a challenge or a new idol. There wasn't an advantage in a challenge so, according to Scot, it was probably another idol.

While I agree with you that it would have been preferable to keep two idols for 2 seperate councils, if I did have two idols that could combine into one super idol I would have calmly waited for Jeff to read the votes. If the vote was against me then I play my super idol. If it isn't me then I've got the two idols for the next two TCs, the last two where they can be used. So why would I have been worried? Why would I even consider playing an ordinary idol if I had the possibility of supersizing it?

Aubry must now know that Tai doesn't have a super idol so he can be blindsided. She can also use the trust she built with him to get him to use it against someone of Aubry's choosing. Trust is an extremely valuable commodity in this game and now Aubry has Tai's trust.

05-03-16, 07:43 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I don’t dispute the fact the other players may suspect Tai parlayed the advantage he won for himself to obtain another idol. Perhaps if you had two idols you may want to wait until Jeff reads the votes so you could use BOTH of them in one shot...but not me. I still contend I would much rather play one of my idols if I felt I was getting the most votes. And even if I didn’t, I’d have my second idol to use later. Of course if I got assurance I was not at risk I may as well keep both of them for later.

With that said the exchange doesn’t guarantee he doesn’t have two idols. And let’s say the other players want to use that exchange to assume he doesn’t have a second idol, NOW they’re REALLY beating their heads against a tree as to what that advantage can possibly be. Had Aubry ONLY answered “Go with your gut,...nothing more, nothing less, I believe Tai would have played his idol. But by stating she felt he was “fine” was enough assurance for him to take the chance of not playing it.

I don’t see Tai using his idol on anyone other than himself. Aubry had Tai’s trust before TC...Tai asking Aubry was a case of attrition or process of elimination. Who else does he turn to? He lost Jason after turning on him and his path to the F4. Joe is a complete and utter waste. Prior to this last TC, little chance he’d put his faith in the hands of a trio of girls with an average age of 21 between the three of them. May as well go with the woman pushing 30.

05-03-16, 10:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I'm sorry but running the risk of wasting an idol is not smart when you are completely safe. If you have two that can become a super idol, you keep it in your pocket because you are safe for as long as you have it. An idol that can be played after the votes are read is so much more powerful than the regular idol so you don't give it up voluntarily.

With a super idol, Tai would have been completely safe and it was obvious that he didn't feel safe. That means Aubrey should figure out he doesn't have two idols. Even if she isn't sure, she is certainly in a position to ask Tai to reveal his advantage to her. It would be a question of mutual trust. If Tai isn't forthcoming then you target him. Tell him that the vote is Jason and then get everyone to vote against Tai.

05-04-16, 06:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Kaoh Rong: The Good, The Bad, The Boring, etc. Ep.11 "
I agree if you feel you are completely safe you play nothing. Aubry allowed Tai to feel safe so he played nothing.

If you feel at risk at this stage of the game and you DO have two idols, I would not wait for the confirmation after the votes are read and kiss both of them goodbye. Play one before the votes are read and regardless of what happens you're guaranteed having your other for later. The "bird in a hand is worth two in the bush" adage applies here. Or to put it in Survivor terms...an idol in Tai's pocket is worth two in Jeff's hands.

Aubry was/is in a position to ask Tai about his advantage even without that exchange at TC. You stated before Scot/Jason had asked about his advantage before and Tai was not forthcoming, although at F8 they still needed him to clear a path to the F4. The difference now is Aubry does not need Tai to coast to the Finals so if she asks and he is not forthcoming again, he's a goner.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •