The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-16-15, 07:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S30 Worlds Apart Ep. 9"
Great episode...until the final vote was read. If Mike doesn’t make it to Finale Night, the season will go south at the speed of light. I wasn’t raised on a farm but I’m pretty sure hens lay eggs; not roosters. Did I see a rooster in the coop when the losers returned from the RC? Please don’t tell me those boneheaded simpletons previously slaughtered an egg producing hen over a rooster who will do nothing more than cockka-a-doodle-doo at 5:00am???!

1) MIKE – OK, we’ll try this again—DUH…who else? Simply put he’s owning the season. The MVP of the RC. Hung super tough in the IC. Calling out Joe’s fake idol was slick. His confessional clues us in that he is wise to Rodney’s F7 plan. And a savvy player like Mike sees the potential in Shirin at this stage of the game. I know in hindsight this would be incredibly risky, but it would have been EPIC if Mike (figuring the idol was fake) said he’s using it to save Joe seconds before Jeff officially announces it’s not real.

If this was just a Love List we could stop right here.

2) SHIRIN – Call me nuts but she may have played her way into the F4 with Mike, Dan & Sierra. HMMM, a F4 consisting of two goats and a quintessential coattail rider. Like Mike really needs a clearer path to victory. LOL But other than Mike she’s the only one out of the rest to step up and play some Survivor this episode. Voting Joe at TC will earn Mike’s trust and could give her enough coattails to ride...providing Sierra and Dan don’t hog it all up.

3) RODNEY – He’s here purely for entertainment purposes. His impressions were an absolute RIOT! It was ten times funnier than anything we saw from that pathetic Fiji season. Without even realizing, Shirin (coupled with Mike’s HII) may have put a major glitch in his F4 plans. I was so hoping Rodney would have gone on that Reward. Imagine combining a sugar rush with Rodney’s “fly off the handle” temperament...MAJOR fireworks in the making!

4) TYLER – You’d figure the leg/foot muscles of a former NFL kicker would be a huge advantage in the IC. And he didn’t disappoint...well done Charlie Brown. Whereas this win may put a target on him, I believe there’s enough drama queens/kings disrupting camp to keep Tyler out of harm’s way for now. And don’t worry if you don’t know what’s going on...Mike’s the only one this season who does.

5) CAROLYN – Some episodes she’s a focal point; others she’s invisible. She was Carolyn the Friendly Ghost this episode. I suspect that will be the case going forward until her HII becomes a factor and potentially changes the game.

6) JENN – I’m giving up...but I’m no quitter. Yeah, OK...whatever. The Anti-Darwin Syndrome is what kept her alive. But I must say she was casted wonderfully because she truly epitomizes a No Collar. So long as they can use the world as their personal playground and everything is fun and games—life is good. But as soon as a few clouds hover over her horizon and serious choices need to be made—she goes to pieces. At any rate she still ranks as one of the best narrators of the game.

7) SIERRA – Given the format of the IC, I was expecting a classic showdown between the ex-NFL placekicker and the Barrel Racer. Well I was half right. That’s OK, Sierra can keep doing what she does best—follow Mike. If the best case scenario occurs for her and she backs into a victory, I’m sure I’ll be hearing for years how it was really Sierra who controlled the game and it was only “editing” or “Production intervention” that made Mike LOOK like he was running the show. *snort*

8) WILL – I trust he’s probably a good husband and a wonderful family man, but as a Survivor castaway the dude flat out sucks. He continues to be an utter embarrassment in challenges. The extent of his social game is parking his fat rump in a beach chair. He was all but labeled “Mr. Irrelevant” by Mike being saved by an idol Mike suspected was fake all along.

9) DAN – Hey Billy goat, here’s one for you. Don’t you think it’s rather odd Mike freaks out when you left Joe alone when it was Mike HIMSELF who said he saw Joe put the idol in his pocket??? If what he said was true, he’d have no reason to stress out. So the fact he did freak should be a signal he’s playing you like an instrument. AHHH yes, I forgot...you’re a lot smarter than you look!

BOOTED) JOE – I believe we all suspected winning nine ICs in a row to make the Finals would be highly remote. But I was hoping his fate would occur more later than sooner. Any fan of the game should appreciate how he put Jenn in her place. I must say the time it took to create such an impressive fake idol could have been better spent looking for the REAL one. I’m sure Nostradamus scholars from Spin City will refuse to accept the obvious and twist the outcome to infer Joe only had himself to blame for his boot when in reality the Anti-Darwin Syndrome can be a sad but powerful force in the game of Survivor.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Fiji's Funniest Moment michel2 04-16-15 1
   RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment Aruba 04-17-15 2
       RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment michel2 04-18-15 4
           RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment Aruba 04-19-15 5
               RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment michel2 04-19-15 7
                   RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment Aruba 04-20-15 12
                       RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment michel2 04-20-15 13
                           RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment Aruba 04-22-15 15
                               RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment michel2 04-22-15 17
 My List michel2 04-18-15 3
   RE: My List Aruba 04-19-15 6
       RE: My List michel2 04-19-15 8
           RE: My List Aruba 04-19-15 9
               RE: My List michel2 04-19-15 10
                   RE: My List Aruba 04-20-15 11
                       RE: My List michel2 04-20-15 14
                           RE: My List Aruba 04-22-15 16
                               RE: My List michel2 04-22-15 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel2 781 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-16-15, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Fiji's Funniest Moment"
The season shines in Mario Lanza's list of Survivor,s funniest moments:

http://funny115.com/v2/102.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/87.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/79.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/68.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/64.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/63.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/48.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/35.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/24.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/16.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/10.htm
http://funny115.com/v2/4.htm

PS. We don't seem to agree on Hantz so here's a third point of view:

http://funny115.com/v2/2.htm Enjoy!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-17-15, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
I saw your reply post this morning right before I was heading out the door and figured I would open all the links when I got home so I’d be able to give them my undivided attention.

Always fun strolling down memory lane even if we’re reminiscing about arguably the worst Survivor season ever. I suppose some will derive a great deal of humor from all those links. Even though a few brought a smile to my face, my overall feeling was that of disgust how Fiji brought the CBS casting crew down to an all-time low.

A few comments...

Let’s start with the one that brought the biggest smile to my face...

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON BETWEEN MICHELLE AND ELIZA!!! HOLY SMOLEY!

If that’s for real then I’m REALLY PO’d Production didn’t bring back Michelle to reunite with Eliza in Skankivor: Micronesia. We’re talking RATINGS BONANZA…What’s wrong with CBS?

Sorry, but IMHO Rodney’s dead-on impressions were still more hysterical than all the Fiji links combined.

As pathetic as Fiji was, two good memories came out of it:

1) Yauman has to go down as one of the best fan favs of all time. He was the man who started the idea of the fake HII and was the first to successfully play the idol before the votes were read—a feat accomplished most recently by Jenn.

It’s a crying shame racism deprived him of a well-deserved victory.

2) The last link showing the Eduardo blindside (made possible by the ignorant racist who sold out the others because they were of different color) has to rank in the Top 5 most memorable TCs.
But nothing can come close to my #1 memorable TC—Vanuatu when quintessential male-basher Ami didn’t know what hit her realizing her Survivor girlfriend Leanna got the boot much to the delight of her primary target Eliza.

Although I do not have the “library” of links you possess, I must throw one your way. It has to be the most on-target article ever written about Samoa...and I swear I did not write it myself. LMAO

Enjoy!

http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-recap-season19-episode15-16

04-18-15, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
First, I have to point out that Earl was ready to go to the Final TC with Yau Man and would have had a great shot to win against him. Yau Man was a FAN favorite but not that much appreciated by the people there. Mookie for one, always mocked him. Everyone knew that Earl was the leader and Yau Man the follower so the vote would have been interesting.

Second, I also liked the Vanuatu TC a lot so, just for you, here's the link to Mario's write-up:

http://funny115.com/v1/4.htm

Finally, I know that many people loveHhantz and felt that he was robbed. Jeff is even one of them. That doesn't mean they are right. ew is a site that profits greatly from its close association with Survivor so they were always going to side with Hantz, the guy that would also be the star of the following season. Simply put, Hantz was the most socially inept player ever so how could he win a social game? That would have been the real travesty.

04-19-15, 10:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
Earl in no way shape or form was “ready to go to FTC with Yau Man.” The bigoted racial alliance notwithstanding, Earl could not have handpicked two more pitiful goats like Dre and Cassandra. If he was so ready to go to FTC with him he should have voted with Yau at the F4 TC. It would have created a tie but Yau in a fire-building challenge vs. the pathetic waste of space Cassandra would have been the most anticlimactic tiebreaker in Survivor history.

Would Earl have gotten votes? Sure. Would he have had a “great shot to win?” No.

Sure Yau was mocked DURING the game because no one took him seriously. But even those who poked fun at him during the game would have changed their views with Yau sitting in the Finals. Dre running to Earl spilling the beans that the Three Amigos found the HII would not have sat well with Alex, Edgardo, and yes even Mookie. With Yau in the Finals it means Cassandra goes to the Ponderosa. At that point I’m sure all suspected the Earl/Cassandra/Dre alliance, but you’d have to presume Cass would have made it official. Any association with Dre would NOT have boded well for Earl. Throw in Yau Man’s challenge prowess that season and it all adds up to a Yau victory.

Thanks SOOOOO much for the Vanuatu clip. Classic...EPIC!

Why do you continue to equate a castaway owning a particular season with some bogus “love” affair on a personal level??? I’m able to separate personal feeling from game-playing ability to dominate a season even though I respect the fact many people can’t. Strange how the “most socially inept player ever” had his share of followers, yet in the end they were outnumbered by the “Bitter Bettys” and disgruntled sore losers.

Tony (Cagayan) was no social butterfly...clearly MUCH less social than the more congenial Woo. Who won that season going away? Compared to the social butterfly Amanda was in China, winner Todd was not even in the larvae stage. Heck, Amanda got less votes at FTC than even the most irritating b!tch that season--Courtney! Chris (Vanuatu winner) was being bashed by the females at the Reunion show—namely Eliza mostly criticizing his lack of social graces. Jeff then asked her, “Well who did you vote for?” Eliza answered, “I voted for Chris,” followed by a wry grin from Jeff. Eliza shot back quickly but he played a better game.

And there you have it.

04-19-15, 03:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
In Fiji, the players were still thinking it was going to be a Final 2 since they hadn't seen the end of CI. Earl explained his strategy back then: At F4, he was going to vote with Yau Man against Cassandra. He feared that Dreamz would win the F3 immunity and take her to the end. It was only when Jeff revealed the F3 twist that Earl realized he had an easy million by removing YM. Race had nothing to do with it.

As for the vote, it's impossible to say for sure but Earl was really admired by everyone out there. He had a great shot of winning the vote over YM. Even YM admitted it would have been tight.

Russell had three "loyal" followers but it was much more out of necessity than because they liked him. In the end, Galu's stupidity and production help destroyed Galu, not Russell.

Before you yell "conspiracy theory" let me assure you that I am talking only about what we saw on the show. Both tribes were schedule to eliminate a player in episode 6 but Swann's medical evacuation cancelled TC. If Galu had voted someone out, it would have been Shambo, 100% certain because Brett was with Laura. Foa Foa would have reached the merge with only three players and Shambo wouldn't have been there to help Russell so that decision played a huge role in Russell "owning" the season. In fact, he owned only the ratings.

As for Cagayan, you forget that Woo was hated by most of the players. Tony even called him "Weasel Woo". Spencer hated him for stealing his clue while he really liked Tony who spent much more time strategizing with him than we saw on TV.

Amanda was not a social butterfly. Like Peih Gee said, everyone saw her as being fake. Courtney got votes only because James and Denise hated Todd and Amanda equally for voting them out. If anything, their bitterness COST TODD some votes.

As for Chris, Twila was the poor social player, not Chris. Despite his dirty play, he was MUCH more liked than her.

The jury is always right but all your example show that you still think that they should simply keep a scorecard and determine who made the most good moves. That's not the game. It never was. It's a social game and that is what makes it great. Anyone can lie and cheat, backstab and sabotage but finding a way to get the vote is the only thing that matters. Someone who values honesty as much as you do should be completely on board with that. You should rejoice that Russell got his ass handed to him but that sometimes, the smart schemer like Todd, Earl, Kim and even Tony can win.

04-20-15, 07:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
Earl’s meager attempt to explain why he turned on a tribemate he partnered with all season is as lame as it gets. Although we’re talking about a man who swears he NEVER saw any Survivor before he embarked on the game. So I’m not surprised by his backpedal.

Yes, I agree Courtney’s votes were bitter anti-Todd votes—but they still went to Courtney, not Amanda.

Speaking of bitter, I’m sure Peih Gee was sore that Amanda outlasted her, hence her jab at Amanda for being “fake.” But from what I saw in the seasons Amanda played she was anything but fake. Maybe it was just me, but what you saw in Amanda I thought was truly how I suspect she is in real life.

Bottom line, a majority of the Jury gave the million to Todd because he played a better game.

Same reason Tony was awarded the victory for playing the best game despite falsely swearing on members of his family (living and deceased) and regardless of your perplexed claim that Woo was more hated.

To engage in a discussion over who possessed more social graces between Chris and Twila would be like debating who valued human life more—Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden. Chris won because he played a better game.

Fact of the matter, when a Jury decides to vote in the spirit of the game, it awards the victory to the BEST PLAYER despite who fluttered as the most attractive social butterfly. Disgruntled sore-losers won’t.

I would have definitely rejoiced if a more proactive player stepped up and owned the season in Samoa to” hand Russell’s ass to him.” But I will not rejoice Bitter Bettys and sore losers.

04-20-15, 09:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
Are you suggesting that Earl should have kept Yau Man in the game? Wouldn't that have been stupidly giving YM a chance to win the game? A proactive player should have won F4 immunity himself instead of counting on someone handing him the game.

As for the jury, voters have almost always voted for the player they either like more or hate less. Look at each vote ever and I'd say it applies to over 95% of votes. It's the player's job to make sure they aren't bitter at them. If a juror is bitter then it's the player's fault, not the juror. Never the juror.

You say "vote in the spirit of the game" but what is the spirit of the game? The game is about making alliances and an alliance is a verbal contract with only one stipulation: "If you screw me, I will screw you."

Rusell, often needlessly, made deals with people he knew he was just about to screw so of course they screwed him back when they had the chance. The dumbass even made a deal with Brett at F4 when he knew he had to eliminate him or Brett would easily win! That was even dumber than Boston Rob making a Final 2 agreement with Alicia when he thought Amber was lost. Rightfully, Alicia didn't vote for Rob and Brett didn't vote for Russell.

Since you mention Todd again, I will remind you that Jean Robert was going to vote for Courtney. JR hated Courtney because she mocked him but he had vowed to vote against both Todd and Amanda. For JR, the spirit of the game was to honor your promise and neither Todd or Amanda had done that with him. It took all of Todd's skills to explain exactly why he backstabbed him. His explanation was so good that it left the poker player speechless and that decided the game. That's rare and that was because JR didn't like Courtney so he could even be swayed.

04-22-15, 06:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
Let’s see...first you say Earl not just had a decent shot or good chance to win...he had a “GREAT shot.” Now you suggest he’d be giving the game to Yau-Man if Yau makes the Finals. So which one is it? HMMM, quite a conundrum YOU’VE created for YOURSELF.

To question Yau-Man as a proactive player because he came up short in the F4 IC has to be one of the more ridiculous statements I’ve ever read on these Boards. Yau-Man was easily the most proactive of anyone in that pathetic Fiji season.

He won more individual challenges than anyone else that season. He was the first to come up with a fake HII. He was the first to successfully play the HII before the votes were read. He even proactively came up with a contingency plan making the car deal with a castaway most likely to win a future challenge if Yau was unable to. And in doing so he was able to then exile himself to go out and find the HII clue. Unfortunately for Yau, the castaway he corrected figured most likely to win a challenge if he didn’t was the same player who opted racism over integrity.

The problem I have with your, “If you screw me, I’ll screw you” motto in the game of Survivor is most EVERYONE is out to screw someone thanks to the nasty, pathetic individuals casted by Production.

If a person with the utmost high integrity who would never consider screwing anyone over gets duped, I can understand that sentiment. But really, Michel...how many Westman-like individuals are casted to play the game? Very, VERY few.
Hence it appears you were remiss to include the second part of that motto. Here, let me help you out...THIS is the way your motto should read based on Production’s “stellar” casting jobs:

”If you screw me, I’ll screw you...but only if I get screwed first. If I screw first I expect to be rewarded for ‘outwitting’ the competition; but if you beat me to the punch, I’ll swallow the bitter pill and make you pay.”

There’s a word for people like that—HYPOCRITE. And I will never have any tolerance nor support hypocritical sore-losers. Fortunately at the end of the day SOMETIMES the true spirit of the game does come to the forefront and a deserving winner gets crowned by non-hypocrites.

Sarah and Tony were the only cops to play in Cagayan, thus the “Blue Blood” alliance was a one-on-one deal between them. Tony “screwed” her over. He had a longer one-on-one partnership with Trish. He “screwed” her over. But in the “true spirit of the game” he got BOTH their votes and thanks to the non-hypocrites the player who owned the season won. Yeah...those were real “dumbass” plays.

In Thailand Brian made one-on-one deals with anyone who breathed and reacted to light. He had one with Clay, one with Ted, and yet another one with Helen. Shii Ann said he even made one with her right before he puked his brains out following the fake “merge” celebration. Helen’s Bitter Betty statements at FTC made him very much aware of the fact that he screwed over those he made deals with. But in the “true spirit of the game” Brian got Ted AND Helen’s votes and thanks to non-hypocrites the player who owned the season won. Yeah...those were real “dumbass” plays as well.

Yes there were disgruntled sore-losers and/or clueless voters on the China Jury, but the point I’ve been making all along is a majority of the Jury voted in the “true spirit of the game” that season. And that spirit (despite all your spin) awarded Todd the victory because he played the BEST GAME.

04-22-15, 07:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Fiji's Funniest Moment"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-15 AT 07:46 PM (EST)

I said Earl would be giving Yau Man a chance to win the game, not that YM was going to win. You have to admit that, given the chance, it was better to eliminate YM over Dreamz and Cassandra... a million times better.

YM followed Earl into a situation where he HAD to win Final immunity. Maybe he should have thought of another path earlier. That's what a truly proactive player would have done. While I admired Yau Man, his game plan sucked. YM himself admitted it.

Repaying someone for lying to you isn't being a hypocrite, it's being consequential.

Both Trish and Sarah voted for Tony because, despite his lies, they still liked him more than Weasel Woo.

Helen and Helen still voted for Brian because Clay was a known mysogynist and a suspected racist. They both would have voted against Brian if he had been sitting next to anyone other than Clay.

In China, James and Denise were so bitter, they voted for Courtney. Erik voted for Amanda since he liked her. Peih Gee and Jamie voted for Todd because they thought Amanda was fake. Frosti voted for Todd because Courtney said he should. Jean Robert was going to vote for Courtney but Todd's TC answer swayed him. He's your majority! One voter who voted in "the spirit of the game" mostly because he hated them all.

The votes almost always go for who the juror considers the better social player.

PS. Even your Tom duped Caryn but he got her vote because, well, Kathie was not an alternative. It may have been different if Ian had been there instead.

04-18-15, 06:34 PM (EST)
3. "My List"
This must be a first!

1- Mike: While he continues to avoid the dangers that are on his path, more are laid in front of him. Adding Shirin to his alliance could be the key to his victory or it could turn into a poisoned gift. It’s so much easier to deal with dumb allies than smart ones. Mike did one thing well when he recruited Shirin and that was asking her for her opinion about the person to eliminate. His next move was even better, putting Shirin in a zugzwang position, forcing her to eliminate Joe to prove her loyalty. He should realize that eliminating Carolyn is like killing two birds with one stone: It will rejoice Shirin and hurt Rodney. He should find many other targets that will keep Shirin happy and advance his own game.

2- Shirin: Mike said that no one would expect that he could work with Shirin and the opposite is also true. Who would have expected her to work with the "redneck idiot"? By showing hope and making the decision to work with Mike, Shirin has changed her game and the opinion of many viewers. Her pattern has closely followed Natalie’s last season: Losing her closest ally gave her a new resolve. Can she continue in the path that was laid out before? Natalie’s greatest skill was to wait for the right moment to strike and Shirin expressed the same idea when she talked about doing some back seat driving. The problem is that Mike has shown much more game knowledge than Jon. He won’t be as easily manipulated.

3- Rodney: If Rodney had shown this side of his personality earlier, it would have helped his social game a lot. His imitations were quite funny but I still prefered Courtney's because she had much better facial expressions:

First, this one of China's Jamie:

And, of course, this one of the troll:

Rodney thinks he has the numbers but will he act in time?

4- Sierra: This episode showed us that she is very close to Mike so following him should benefit her a lot. I don't know where you get the idea that I see her as the true leader but she'd probably have to get rid of him if she wants to get the jury vote. That would be an impressive move, wouldn't you say?

5- Jenn: Her despair came from losing her ally and, with her, any chance of controlling the game. Her rebellious act may have cost her many fans but I think she will get redemption. In this episode where she was treated just like Shawna, some will hope that she turns it around like another of the Amazon’s cute girls, Jenna. I don't think she'll make as far as Jenna but she should recover and play a part in deciding the game.

6- Dan: : In the strict sense, Dan was right: A true flipper has never won but he probably only considers players like Brandon, Neleh, Shii Ann, Frosti, Cochran and Kass who completely abandoned their original tribe and tried their luck with the opponents. So this argument made him look dumb. He also looked dumb when he let Joe out of his sight. Luckily for him, Mike repaired that mistake.

7- Tyler: Tyler was part of the team that won reward and he won the immunity challenge, defeating “Joey Amazing” yet he was totally left in the background. His only brief moment was to let us know that he agreed on the plan to split the votes 4-3 against Joe and Jenn. His Survivor game is much like his role in the NFL: Play for field position. That’s what good punters can do after all. In a defensive struggle, the good punter can gain yards for his team at each change of possession. The problem is that Tyler wasn’t a very good punter! He hasn’t shown much on Survivor either!

8- Carolyn: Friendly ghost? I thought you'd have said something about her comment to Jeff before the Immunity Challenge. If she wanted to keep the necklace away from Joe maube she should have tried a bit harder. Carolyn is Shirin’s first target and since Mike now owes Shirin, Carolyn could pay for being in Rodney’s group.

9- Will: Early on, Will made one of the biggest moves of the game and it nearly ended his own game. Since then, he has faded in the background. He hasn’t created any waves and has been friendly enough that his name didn’t come up. It should...soon.

Booted - Joe: Are you still lamenting the demise of the strong guys? Joe does have himself to blame because he entered the merge with 3 allies and only needed to add two more to gain majority after Jenn played her idol. He didn't manage to gain a single one and even lost Will who flipped to the other side. Thats poor game play. Even his offer to Mike was incredibly dumb: "I'll give you the idol if you let me survive one more vote." If you want to survive one more vote and you have a real idol, you'd just have to PLAY THE IDOL dumbass. It would have even be better for Joe because then the idol would have gone back in hiding instead of Mike's pocket. Needing Mike to sway the vote in his favor was just like advertising that his idol was worthless. And while his idol did look good, I'd still go with Bob's because they did the job of fooling people.

04-19-15, 10:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: My List"
Going from memory I believe we could be witnessing “a first.” But I’m certain it will be short-lived. LOL

Unfortunately your links with Courtney did not take in the post. But that’s OK, I was more impressed with the way Rodney sounded like Mike and Dan as opposed to “facial expressions.” Should we post some early odds on Jeff asking Rodney to do some more Mike/Dan impressions at the Reunion Show? I’ll open at 2:1. To answer your question—No, I do not think Rodney will strike in time to set his plan in motion.

Should Sierra LEAD the charge and spearhead a plan to blindside Mike, I would credit her in my rankings for her “impressive move.” But the only realistic way I could see that happening is if last episode’s Reward was really a new Snickers commercial; and in that commercial when Sierra took a bite of her Snickers bar she turned into Kim Spradlin. But in reality when Sierra bit into the bar she stayed as Sierra, hence she is most likely destined to coattail her way to the end.

In a “stricter” sense, Shirin was more “right” to correct Dan and state Tony won as a flipper. Tony flipped on original tribe mates...one was the “Blue Blood alliance” when his Police Badge was the object of the moment to swear on.

As impressive as the jewery maker was creating the fake idol, I agree with giving more kudos to Bob because it served its initial purpose.

My lament is when the weaker and/or lazier inept gang up on the harder working and more proactive game players. “Demise of the strong guys?” You’re really WAAAAY too much. LMAO

I “lamented” when Tasha in Cagayan was eliminated for the same exact reason. If Tasha is a guy, then I’m gay.

04-19-15, 04:14 PM (EST)
8. "RE: My List"
First, I'll put a link to Mario's full write-up of Courtney instead of just the pictures:
http://funny115.com/v2/11.htm

If you remember, Tony gave Sarah every opportunity to honor her "Blue Blood" alliance but when he realized that SHE had flipped to the Brains trio, he let Trish arrange her elimination. Tony didn't flip on Sarah, she flipped on him.

I have to aks you: Should the weaker or lazier simply walk off the show? Should they all agree to let the hard worker win? That's how Tagi wanted to play Survivor: Vote their conscience, keep the true survivalist and boot the weak. Did you see how that worked for them?

Survivor is an evil game. That's what makes it fun, that's what gives EVERYONE a chance to win. Proof of that is the diversity of winners and of winning strategy. If someone like Tom Westman won every season, it would be boring. Just like it would if someone like Lamber won every time. Survivor is great because both can win.

Maybe you should watch a season or two of "Koh Lanta", the version of Survivor that is presented in France. The two I've seen (they've had more than a dozen so they may not all be like this) had the tribes sitting in a camp discussion before TC to agree which one should go. The challenges were MUCH more physical (each season had a trek that was so brutal, Guatemala's trek pales in comparison) so it made a lot of sense to boot the weak link but it made for BORING television.

04-19-15, 05:12 PM (EST)
9. "RE: My List"
Sarah was reacting to Tony's F5 celebration after winning the Team IC. That all but assured Sarah that Tony FLIPPED on her.

But that was far from Tony's only flip. Tony not only led the charge to boot his original tribe mate Cliff, but joined forces with the Beauties LJ & Jefra flipping on his other original Brawn's of Lindsey, Woo and Cliff to eliminate Cliff. That's a flip in my book. And also in Lindsey's book as well who was so distraught by the flip she walked off the set.

We can even break it down to grade school math. In the Final FIVE there were THREE brawns remaining. If Tony doesn't flip, simple match dictates Kass joins the Jury. But his flip eliminated Trish.

Not only does the Flipper win, but the two casualties from his flip mentioned above gave Tony their votes at FTC!

You ask should the weaker or lazier walk off the show?

MY ANSWER: THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CASTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

There's no shortage of other Reality Shows the inept can thrive at. I'm not saying cast only Olympic athletes but cast those who will give 100%. With the tens of thousands who would KILL to be on the show it's a travesty for those given the opportunity of a lifetime to not put out optimum effort.

Not surprisingly, I place the blame squarely on Production/Casting.

04-19-15, 08:05 PM (EST)
10. "RE: My List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-15 AT 08:13 PM (EST)

Tony told Sarah that the celebration meant nothing more than a way to keep his group united but that his first alliance was to her. He even said something along those lines in confessional so he wasn't lying to her.

Like I said in my original post, it's all about semantics. In my book, Tony's actions are very different than Cochran in "So Pathetic". In one move, Cochran alienated every member of his former tribe. You simply can't win doing that. Tony only targeted one person at a time and he always returned to his alliance afterwards so he didn't flip.

Like with Sarah, your example of Cliff doesn't apply since Trish was the one that led the charge and was the one that brought LJ in the group. Tony was the last one to join in voting against Cliff. Also, considering that Cliff and Tony never had an alliance, it's hardly a flip. Like Dan said: "You have to know the difference between a flip and a blindside."

So you are saying that Survivor should never have cast people over a certain age or not in top physical shape? Isn't that going against the premisse of ordinary Americans having to survive after being shipwrecked and left to fend for themselves on a deserted island? What a shame it would be if we had never seen players like Colleen, Sandra, Cirie and Courtney or even Todd, Earl and Tony who were far from the strongest in their seasons.

Anyway, your vision doesn't apply because there will always be "weaker" players. Joe's domination tells us that, according to you, Rodney and Mike should never have been cast, never mind Jenn, Shirin, Sierra, Carolyn Will and Dan.

Most smart players understand that giving your 100% can get you voted out, Yul first among them. Like Malcolm and some others of your favorites, Yul flat out said that he sandbagged some challenges. Tom Westman even sat out the last 3 tribal immunity challenges in Palau. You aren't giving your 100% if you CHOOSE to sit on the bench. Survivor is a social game and these players understood that it was better to let others win.

04-20-15, 06:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: My List"
When I mention “strength” and “weakness” of a player I am not necessarily talking about bench-pressing strength or weak as in a 98-lb weakling getting sand kicked in his face at the beach.
I’m also referring to strong-minded as in giving 100%. And not only giving 100% in just challenges...putting out your best effort around camp, searching for idols, etc. Translation: PROACTIVELY PLAYING THE GAME!

With that being said why do you suggest or ask if age would affect casting decisions? Tom Westman, the most perfect castaway to ever play the game, was 40. Terry Dietz was even older when he went on his impressive challenge run kicking the crap out of some half his age.

We can bring this example to current and talk about the first individual IC this season where the oldest female gave “Joey Amazing” a run for his money. And the same oldest castaway this season was the first to find a HII!

Last season the oldest player was the first to start fire and provide for the tribe. And so on...and so on...

Tony played Sarah like a fiddle before he flipped on her. Tony wanted Cliff gone and Trish was his main puppet. He knew Trish had this silly Survivor crush on LJ and with both from the same geographical area, puppet Trish was the perfect recruit to reel in LJ knowing Jefra would follow right behind. Cliff’s boot was Tony’s handiwork.

Yeah, it would have been such a shame for Survivor to be without inept players like Courtney, Sandra, and Cirie who advanced and got as much as was given to them in the game because they were weak non-threats. I’m wiping the tears from eyes as I type this post.

Well you brought the art of Spinology to an all-time low with your twisted interpretation that Westman didn’t give 100% because he sat out of some challenges when Koror had twice or even three to four times as many players as Ulong.

As athletically dominant as he was, that’s not to say he was most prominent in EVERY aspect of EVERY challenge. I don’t recall him being a wizard with the puzzles and we know he sucked hitting targets when shooting a gun. When you have more than twice as many tribemates as needed for a challenge you select the players best suited for the format of that particular challenge. To spin that fact and state Tom many not have given his best effort because he didn’t “ball hog” every challenge is totally ludicrous.

04-20-15, 09:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: My List"
You mention Carolyn as a player that you say was strong enough to merit her place in the cast yet she was one of those that desperately wanted Joe gone. She was even the most vocal before the IC, telling Jeff to take the necklace away from Joe. I thought that would have been enough for you to put her in the scaredy cat category that had to resort to Anti-Darwinism and that shouldn't be cast. Which is it?

If you allow her on the show then you haven't solved your problem of preventing weaker players to gang up on the strong ones. Quite a conundrum you've created for yourself.

04-22-15, 07:02 PM (EST)
16. "RE: My List"
No confusion or difficulty here. From what we’ve seen thus far Carolyn was a good casting choice this season for numerous reasons.

Anyone who would ever suggest the notion to associate weak with Carolyn must have missed episode seven. As the oldest castaway this season she hung tough and outlasted TEN other competitors losing only to challenge stud Joe. For a 50+ year-old woman I don’t expect her to dominate the competition yet she more than held her own in the team challenges.

She searched harder and better than anyone on her original Masaya tribe and was rewarded for her proactive effort finding the first HII this season.

Before the first TC when the greatest divide in Reality TV threatened to add her as its latest victim, what Carolyn DIDN’T do was pull a “Jenn” and whine about “despair” contemplating to throw in the towel only to be saved by the Anti-Darwin Syndrome. Quite the contrary, she fought back and survived that first threat.

I don’t see it as “scaredy-cat” telling Jeff to “take back the idol” so it could be put back into play and everyone (including Joe) could fight for it yet again. Now if this was Big Brother where the reigning victor was unable to compete and had to sit out, then I could understand that remark as being weak.

What’s yet to be seen (if Carolyn does not make the Finals) is will she vote in the true spirit of the game or be a disgruntled sore-loser. I will not give my final summation on her until then, but up to now I have no issue with Carolyn on Survivor.

04-22-15, 07:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: My List"
You failed to mention your own key criteria: Given the chance, Carolyn quickly went along with the plan that eliminated Joe. She fell in line with those that used the ADS against Joe. Therefore, she must be another of the people you describe as a poor casting choice.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •