The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2022 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-23-14, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
Sometimes you can't go by first impressions, and sometimes you're dead on. I'm going mostly by their profiles so here's my preseason assessments/rankings.

1) JEREMY & VAL - We had a cop on last Survivor dominate the season en route to victory. And another cop poised to win BB tomorrow night after owning the season. Can Val make it a Reality Show trifecta? I hope so, because this hubby/wife team is my fav based on the profiles and wouldn't mind seeing either win. Jeremy seems confident he will dominate the physical challenges. His stature suggests he might, but if Production continues its love affair with puzzles it will be a moot point.

2) JON & JACLYN - Jon appears to be the most well-rounded castaway going into the season from what I read. He doesn't appear to have a major weakness and ready to truly play the game. I never heard of "MRKH Syndrome" until I read Jaclyn's profile. Chad (Vanuatu) and Kelly (Nicaragua) played without a leg; Leann (Vanuatu) played without a kidney; Christy (Amazon) was born without hearing; scores of former players were born without brains. I guess it was just a matter of time before we had a castaway born without a uterus.

3) DREW & ALEC - Hard to look at this pair without thinking of Aras and Vytas minus the sibling rivalry. Both will probably be needed early on for their challenge prowess, but (like Aras and Vytas) are strong candidates for early post merge Anti-Darwin Syndrome boots. I expect some entertainment value from them nevertheless. You could learn a little about a player by the three items they would bring if they could. One of Alec's items would be a Playboy magazine. With the likes of Kelly, Julie, Jaclyn and Baylor casted this season, I'm thinking this dude's head will explode before Jeff utters his first words, "Welcome to Survivor."

4) DALE & KELLY - The greatest divide in Reality TV history (Age) will once again most likely rear its ugly head. Bad news for Dale; but could be a godsend for Kelly. In Blood vs. Water I players who lost their loved ones early focused on the game quicker serving them well throughout the season. For this reason, I could see Kelly as an early favorite.

5) KEITH & WESS - Much like Drew & Alec I'm expecting entertainment value from these two, but I get this notion they're in it for just a good 'ole father-son bonding experience. From a game playing standpoint I perceive them as clueless, so I'm not feeling sole survivor with either. Wess sees himself as a combination of...Ozzy & Russell H.??? I'm trying to wrap my mind around that one. That's kinda like creating a comic book character based on a cross between Batman and the Joker. Or wanting to have a daughter who's a combination of Mother Theresa and Lizzie Borden. Like I said...should be entertaining.

6) JOSH & REED - Well, we have our tokens. Josh lists "idiots" as his pet peeve. Has he ever watched Survivor??? Reed comes across as someone I would just look at and would rub me the wrong way. But I really shouldn't be too judgemental; after all he has a lot going for him because his claim to fame is being...an "experienced hugger?" What the heck does that mean! Individually I don't see either as a game threat, but they may determine which gender produces a winner. Anatomically we are starting the season with 10 men and eight women, but this pair could easily tip the scale the other way.

7) MISSY & BAYLOR - Baylor is a student a Belmont University. I visited Belmont when they offered me an athletic scholarship after high school. That connection should make them one of my favorites--but then I read the rest of their profiles. Baylor comes off as a bubble headed bimbo--a Morgan without plastic boobies. Speaking of Pillow Morgan, maybe she doesn't have to wait for that fat W-2 to jump all over; Missy might get her a "job" at her...competitive cheerleading gym?" I started scratching my head with "experienced hugger," but after seeing "competitive cheerleading gym" I now feel a scab forming on my scalp. Where do they find these people??!!

8) NADIA & NATALIE - I've only watch TAR a handful of times and have never seen these twins. My sister and nieces watch regularly and they tell me they were among the most abrasive players they've seen because they were even nasty TO EACH OTHER. Geez, for twin sisters to treat each other like crap I can only imagine them trying to coexist with other castaways. Based on what I heard, unless they responded well to some professional help since TAR I give them zero chance to win.

9) JOHN & JULIE - Most baseball/sports fans are familiar with this piece of trash. He said he would never live in New York because (and I quote) "I wouldn't want to catch aids by sitting next to some queer on the subway." As much as I appropriately hammer Production on a regular basis, I'll promise to lighten up on them a little this season if they can arrange to have Rocker sit next to Josh/Reed at every TC. He is partnered with the hottest castaway; further proof that animal magnetism is still alive and prevalent in our society. Of course Julie would probably contend, "you just don't know John the way I know him." Yeah, OK. Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...Blah, Blah, Blah.

- Greatest Divide in Reality TV
- Anti-Darwin Syndrome
- Token Casting
- Plastic Boobies
- Production Bashing
- punctuated by a "Yadda, Yadda"

I think I got it all...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason... suzzee 09-24-14 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason... Aruba 09-24-14 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason... Dakota 09-25-14 3
 RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason... Dakota 09-25-14 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

suzzee 5491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-14, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
I like your list and agree with your assessments on the majority of your placements.

I have to wonder about the twins Natalie & Nadia. I think separating them will be a boost to them both. Just like their parents probably had to. I thought they were annoying and grating on their TAR season together, separated I think will be their saving grace this time out.

I should be watched....closely.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aruba 2022 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-24-14, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
Thank you Suzzee!

I never saw them but from what I was told they were not exactly congenial toward the other teams on TAR either.

Based on what you said I agree that separating them can only be helpful...initially. They know how they acted on TAR and I'm sure are conscious that the other castaways who saw them on TAR will be watching them closely. I'm guessing they will try to act differently early on, but when the going gets tougher and the chips are down a person's "true colors" will come to surface. It's doubtful anyone will be able to successfully "fake" over an extended period of time who they TRULY are.

Even though they are from my home state, and can't see myself cheering for them.

Dakota 5721 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-14, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
We see how that turned out. Their "game" from TAR did hurt them.

Tribe and Coco '13

Dakota 5721 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-14, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List S29 (Preseason)"
Drew? Good looking and he's got some skill.

I'm hoping Keith or Dale will surprise us and be the unexpected great player.

The fireman half of Jeremy/Val already showed emotional vulnerability -- not just for his wife, but a lot of uncertainty about how others would perceive him since he was the first one out there who had to stab a loved one in the back.

We now know that Josh heals quickly and he's reeling a few in.

Looks like a very "fit" bunch this season.

Tribe and Coco '13

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •