Hey, thanks for the link. I saw the TV previews so knew about the couples but did not know about the twists. Pretty involved almost to the point of being confusing. Generally do not watch seasons with returning players (most of whom are returning LOSERS.) But I am intrigued with this concept so will probably watch the premier although not sure how much longer.
Guess they'll still be pitting the returning players/losers against the newbies. If that be the case, we're probably be assured of one thing--whether it's F2 or F3 we'll have all returnees/former losers in the Finals trying to make the most of their second, third, etc. opportunities. Gosh All-Mighty does Production Suck!
Anyway, this is probably a good thread to lay down my preseason Love/Loathe List...
1) GERVESE & NIECE - One of my Borneo favorites from the season that started it all. Being from my home state doesn't hurt either. My only fear is he may be victimized by the Rip Van Winkle Syndrome because the game has changed by leaps and bounds since he played. But if he (and niece) kept up with the game as loyal fans, they should be fine.
2) KAT & HAYDEN - Actually I have the pair this high more for Hayden. He dominated his BB season, but Survivor is a much different animal, so it should be interesting to see the transition. In One World I summed Kat up in one statement...Cute as a button; dumb as a doornail. I'm sure the Kat fans want to believe she's learned from her stupidities. I dunno, I'm thinking more of the Gumpism, "Stupid is as Stupid does." We'll see.
3) TYSON & GF - He was one of my favorite characters in Tocantins because of his obnoxious sarcasm. Will he be just as zany, or will his GF tone him down a bit? Either way he should still provide some entertaining confessionals and he should be a force in challenges.
4) ARAS & BROTHER - One of the least memorable winners. Perhaps getting his a$$ kicked repeatedly in challenges by a player twice his age might have something to do with it, even though Terry's IC run did help Aras' advancement. But there have been many more least deserving winners than Aras, so I'm OK with his million dollar payday...the question is will the others who came up short in their season(s) be just as OK with that? Should pairs at any point in the season compete as a duo in challenges, on paper Aras & Bro. could be tough to beat.
5) MONICA & HUBBY - They are in my top half for one reason only. I'm fantasizing a scenario where Colton tries to play and backstab Monica again...but this time her former NFL hubby goes into a "roid-rage" and we watch him beat the living snot out of Colton on national TV. If this hypothetical situation occurs, "Blood vs. Water" will rank in my Top Three Survivors of all-time regardless of what happens the rest of the season. I know; it'll never happen...but heck, can't a guy dream???
6) TINA & DAUGHTER - Tina's the quintessential soccermom who's hard to dislike, but like Aras, will have that million dollar sign on her back. This pair won't have Colby's coattails to ride, so I'm handicapping them as longshots to win.
7) LAURA & DAUGHTER - How the heck did they get in??? Or maybe the real question is how many more times will Laura remind us that she's a grandmother? Probably the same amount of times Colton and his partner will remind us of their sexual preference.
8) CANDICE & HUBBY - Much like Laura/Daughter, "How the heck did they get selected?" At least she is with her husband this time. So if she starts sucking face and swapping spit with no toothpaste, mouthwash, soap and deodorant it will be more understandable. Just as disgusting; but understandable.
9) RUPPERT & WIFE - As far as likability he's right up there in my book, but after three tries with a million dollar "gift" sandwiched in between? Com 'on already! I'm sure he and his wife have a lovely, traditional marriage; which is all the more reason they should curl up on a sofa and watch this season from their home. Nothing personal against Ruppert, but enough is enough.
10) COLTON & SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Returning players like Colton is a big reason I've gone sour on Reality Shows lately. Only interest here is to find out how a non-"blood" could want any kind of relationship with such a vile piece of trash like Colton. Unless he gets another idol dropped in his lap, I don't see him(them) long for this game.