The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Recipe - Chicken with Provolone and Mushrooms"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 08-28-11 at 05:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-11 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

Chicken with Provolone and Mushrooms

4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt (to be divided)
1/4 tsp. pepper (to be divided)
1/2 tsp. tarragon leaves (or substitute with herbes de Provence since tarragon isn't popular with some tastebuds. If you don't have either tarragon or herbes de Provence, you could use thyme)
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup white wine (if you don't want wine, can substitute with cream of chicken or chicken broth)
1/2 lb. (or 227g) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
4 slices Provolone cheese

To prepare: Put wax paper on top of chicken breasts and pound with a meat pounder - ideally you want them nice and flat, about 1/4 inch thick.

In a bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper and all of the tarragon or herbes de Provence. When mixed, slap chicken in and make sure it's well-coated on both sides.

In a skillet, sauté in butter for about 6 minutes or so (add more time if not 1/4 inch flat). It should be fork-tender when done.

Add wine (or substitute) to the skillet and turn chicken to coat the other side.

Set chicken aside onto a plate. The butter and wine in the skillet should be greatly reduced by now, but not completely.

Sauté mushrooms with remaining salt and pepper in the leftover butter/wine mix.

Return chicken to the pan. Top with mushrooms and then a slice of Provolone cheese. Cook until cheese melts.

Serve on a plate with stir-fried vegetables or your favourite side.

**Tip for those who want a more heart-friendly recipe, use fat-reduced butter instead of regular.

Here's the pictures:

The ingredients

After the chicken has been dredged in the flour mixture, sauté in butter

After it's been flipped over and the wine about to be added

What the chicken should look like after it's been cooked and then set aside for the mushrooms

Sautéing the mushrooms - the leftover butter/wine mix should be fully reduced into the mushrooms when it's done

The final product - I did two with mushrooms topped with the cheese and one with cheese only (since I don't like mushrooms)

Pene said that for her, the mushrooms really made the chicken's overall flavour pop.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •