The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"OTCC 2011: Moroccan Pork Tenderloin with Couscous and Carrot Salad"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-07-11 at 11:05 AM
This turn for the OTCC was a major challenge because of all the great recipes posted so far and I wanted to have something different. My first few recipe ideas went by the wayside as I realized they were too similar to others – had a Neapolitan homemade pizza recipe, but saw that Tummy had done a BBQ pizza one with many of the same ingredients for the handmade crust and also I had a “Son-of-a-Bitch Stew” one, an old recipe in honour of our recent trip to the Wild West in Alberta, but a Cowboy Stew had already been done. Anyhoo, hope you guys find this recipe to be enjoyable.

Moroccan Pork Tenderloin with Couscous and Carrot Salad

This should only take about 20-25 minutes from start to finish, depending on what you decide to add to it – I’ve given a couple of options below. Serves 4 people.

Ingredients:

4 large shredded carrots
2 green onions – thinly sliced
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) olive oil – will be divided
4 tbsp (1/4 cup) lemon juice – divided
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp honey - divided
1 tsp ground cumin - divided
1/2 tsp salt – divided
1 pound (450 g) pork tenderloin
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pepper

Optional:
Couscous (or basmati rice, depending on your taste preferences or availability in your area)
8-10 new potatoes
Kraft Sun-dried Tomatoes and Oregano dressing

If you’ve decided to make basmati rice instead of couscous or you’ve decided to go with the potatoes, they would need to be started first because of the extra time. Take that into consideration before you start the pork.

Let’s start with the carrot salad as it’s easy to make and can be set aside before starting on the main course.

Carrot Salad

In a large bowl, shred carrots and combine with chopped green onions, 2 tbsp of the olive oil, 3 tbsp of the lemon juice, all of the cilantro, 1 tbsp of the honey, 1/2 tsp of the cumin, and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Mix and then set aside.

Moroccan pork tenderloin

Cut the pork into eight 1-inch-thick medallions. Lay them out on a plate.

Reserve one tbsp of the remaining oil.
In another bowl, combine paprika, cinnamon, pepper and the left-over oil, lemon juice, honey, cumin and salt. When it’s well-mixed, sprinkle over the pork and ensure that both sides are covered. Use a spoon to lightly rub the sauce into the pork.

If you’re making the couscous, now’s the time to put it into boiling water just as you’re about to start the pork tenderloins.

In a heavy skillet, heat the reserved 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Cook the pork tenderloins 3-4 minutes each side or until juices run clear when you pierce it with a fork.

Do a final stirring of the carrot salad and serve on a plate with the pork and couscous.

Optional – new potatoes:
Boil the new potatoes for 15-20 minutes until it is close to being soft.
Let it cool off for a few minutes, then slice each potato in half, lengthwise.
Mix in a bowl with enough sun-dried tomatoes and oregano dressing to coat it.
In a frying pan, place potatoes flat-side down and fry for about five minutes or until there is a nice little char pattern on it.
Serve with the pork and carrot salad along with the couscous.

All of the ingredients

The shredded carrots along with the prepared spices and vegs

Two choices for sides to go with the pork. The kids are usually fussy, so if I'm serving for them, they'd go for the basmati rice. I prefer the couscous as it matches the ethnic theme.

The carrot salad after everything's been added to it

The sliced pork medallions

After the sauce has been applied to it

Cooking the pork medallions

New potatoes being fried

Ta da. Overexposure of the camera flash hides the nice light char pattern on the pork.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •