The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"OTCC: Cowboy Beef Stew and Corn Maze Champion Snicker Apple Pie"
Posted by samboohoo on 10-08-10 at 10:11 AM
Okay, so real cowboys don't actually use crock pots, but Cowboy Beef Stew sounded a lot more fun than Crock-Pot Beef Stew. As for the pie, it's an extra special creation celebrating (almost to the day) Bravie's and my victory in the Madison Corn Maze two years ago. Hence the snicker! (Actually, you will be using real Snickers bars.)

Cowboy Beef Stew

3-4 lbs. stew beef (I use 1-3)
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 carrots, peeled and sliced (or just washed and slice if you prefer)
1 lg. onion, cut into wedges
4-6 medium potatoes, cubed (I use red and leave the skin on)
*1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
10 oz. frozen mixed veggies
1 can (10.5 oz) condensed beef broth
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. brown sugar (yes, brown sugar)
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes

*Mushrooms are optional. You can also use a can/jar and just drain them.

You will also need later
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water

1. Toss beef cubes with 1/3 cup flour, salt, and pepper in crock pot.

2. Combine all veggies except tomatoes. Add to meat.

3. Combine beef broth, 1/2 cup water, and brown sugar. Pour over meat and veggies. Add tomatoes and stir carefully.

4. Cover. Cook on low 10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. (I've done both, especially when I've forgotten to turn the pot on.)

5. One hour before serving, mix together the 1/4 cup flor and 1/4 water. Stir into crock pot. Turn heat to high (if not already there), cover, and cooke for the remaining hour.

Serve with grilled cheese!

Corn Maze Champion Snicker Apple Pie

This was really inspired by a peep meet two years ago with me, Bravie, Breezy and Weltek at Weltek's house. We went to an apple orchard, and Bravie, Weltek and I scarfed down the best tasting caramel apples covered with Snickers. They were so, so, good. Then a few weeks ago, Weltek was talking about applie pie, so I found a recipe and modified it. It's simple, so simple Jbug might even try it.

Ingredients:

2 prepared pastry shells

*That's right, I said prepapred. I told you it would be easy. If you want to make your crust, google a recipe and suit yourself.

6 Granny Smith (or other tart) apples, cored and sliced. I peeled and sliced mine.
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. groun cinnamon
2 tblsp. all-purpose flour
3 tblsp. butter (I used real butter)
Vanilla Ice Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. Place sliced apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Stir well and pour mixture over apples. Cut half of the butter into small pieces and add to apples. Toss apples until thoroughly coated.

3. Pour apples into pastry-lined pie pan. Dot apples with rest of butter or margarine. Place second pastry on top. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top crust.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 - 55 minutes, until crust is golden brown.

Once pie has cooled:

1. Chop up several Snickers candy bars into small pieces. I put mine in the fridge for a few minutes, then used my high speed chopper.

2. Drizzle caramel sauce on bottom of a desert plate. Slice pie and put a piece on top of the caramel sauce. Add another drizzle or two for good measure. Top with chopped up Snickers bars. Serve with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.

I used Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts. I let them sit on the counter for about 15 minutes before taking them out of the box.

I have pictures, but can't load right now. I will be back later to do so.

Enjoy!

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •