The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Semi-Final 1 of 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-25-10, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Semi-Final 1 of 2"
Well, I threw out my back over the weekend, been hurting like the blazes. So this is just a get the discussion going post with average scores from this household.

01. Anna and Patryk, dancers. 8.5
02. Christina and Ali, singers. 6.5
03. Antonio Restivo, illusionist. 6.0
04. Future Funk, dancers. 7.0
05. Taylor Matthew, singer. 7.5
06. Connor Doran, kiteflyer. 6.0
07. Dan Sperry, magician. 6.0 (he might have scored higher but it was hard to see on the TV what the heck was going on)
08. Kristina Young, singer. 7.0 (3Xes and none of the judges pointed out the only real problem, she wasn't singing well)
09. ArcAttack, electric show. 8.0
10. Michael Grimm, singer. 8.5
11. AscenDance, wallcrawlers. 7.0
12. Prince Poppycock, singer. 10.0

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2 qwertypie 08-25-10 1
 RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2 Dizwiz 08-25-10 2
   RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2 mindy23 08-25-10 3
 RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2 susang 08-25-10 4
   RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2 dabo 08-25-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-10, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2"
totally agree with you. I hope Anna and Patryk won't suffer the first act kiss of death.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-25-10, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2"
I pretty much agree with you too, though I'd score Anna and Patryck higher and Kristina Young lower. (I felt terribly for her, though...as bad as it was, I wouldn't have given her the 3rd X.) Poppycock is my favorite to win the whole thing. I would absolutely buy tickets to see him.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-25-10, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2"
Thanks for doing this, Dabo! I was hoping someone else would help out when I didn't get to it in time. I usually DVR, then come in the next day after watching. Since I'm on Pacific time, it's late here when it goes off...

Anyway, agree with most of your scores. Felt bad for Kristina Young. Although the moment she opened her mouth, I started cringing! It was horrid! I've heard better in the outcast round of American Idol auditions. Wow-as Sharon said, NO ONE should EVER try to take on Lady Gaga! What was she thinking? Is she that dillusional??

Anna and Patrick, Micheal Grimm, and of course, THE PRINCE are slated as my very best of the night. I love Prince Poppycock. Love his personna, love his real person, love everything he does. And taking on a rock song last night was AMAZING! He really tapped it out, and showed that he is far and above most of the other artists in this competition! I do hope he makes it to the top 3. I have no doubt he will.

Can't wait to see what else will come. There are few that I'm really looking forward to: of course I think we all are wanting to see more of little Jackie, and Alice Tan Ridley, and mostly, for me, Fighting Gravity. They haven't been around for a while, so I'm interested in seeing what they have up their sleeves!

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-25-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2"
Kristina Young: glad she got X'd by all 3 judges. A cheesy and cabaret-type performance.

AscenDance: a dissapointment. Expected more from them. Their previous performance was beautiful. This one was dull.

Michael Grimm: good song choice.

Dan Sperry: don't get it.

Prince Poppycock: Fabulous! Best performance of the evening, and a great way to close the show.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-25-10, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Semi-Final 1 of 2"
In retrospect, I probably should have scored Kristina lower, her singing was awful. But at that point I was wondering if the singers weren't all experiencing some weird technical difficulty through the sound system; Christina and Ali weren't as good as they usually are and there had seemed some odd moments in Taylor's performance. The complaints from the judges really threw me for a loop, though, because I didn't have any problem with the Fosse-esque variation of the performance, admired her for trying to do her own version rather than trying to outdo Gaga on the standard radio play version. None of the judges commented that she was just singing badly? Bizarre.

But then Michael Grimm came along, excellent song choice, and even being a bit under the weather he sang well. And, of course, Prince Poppycock just stole the show at the end! Great voice, fun performance, when he sang "Nothing really matters, nothing really matters.. But Meeeeee!" I was laughing so hard it hurt.

Anyway, I hope the voters didn't overlook Anna and Patryk, they started the show with a wonderful performance and deserve to go to the finals. Between them and Poppycock it was a real mixed bag of an evening, ArcAttack stepped it up with some story element and I enjoyed Michael Grimm as well. Don't have any idea who to pick for a fifth act to go through, AscenDance were pretty dull and the magic acts weren't magic. I did enjoy the bit at the end of their performace when Future Funk did the Fighting Gravity parody.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •