The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/4 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/4 Episode"
Since dabo hasn't come by yet, I'll take it upon myself to start a thread about last night's episode. With the new "twist" of bringing back 8 acts from previous dismissals in Las Vegas, that gave us 12 acts to watch, with 5 of them going on to the next round.

Here's a link to the EW opening night recap.

Personally, I'd sort the acts into three groups.

Definite votes
1. Acrodunk
2. Thia Megia
3. Drew Thomas Magic
4. Kevin Skinner

Might vote for them, wasn't terribly impressed
1. Breaksk8
2. Grandma Lee
3. Mosaic
4. Arcadian Broad
5. Lake Houston Dance

Would never vote for them
1. Diva League
2. Manuela Horn
3. The Platt Brothers

My favorite moment was early in the (live) show, when Nick Cannon forgot to give Piers a chance to comment on an act. Both of them were gracious about it, but it made me chuckle.

Tonight we get to find out which five acts will stay on the show, along with seeing performances by Mrs. Nick Cannon Mariah Carey and previous winner Terry Fator.

Surfkitten Sigshop Summer 2008

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/4 Episode jbug 08-05-09 1
 RE: 8/4 Episode dabo 08-05-09 2
 Who made the next round. Max Headroom 08-06-09 3
   RE: Who made the next round. jbug 08-06-09 4
       RE: Who made the next round. Dizwiz 08-06-09 5
           RE: Who made the next round. Max Headroom 08-06-09 6
               RE: Who made the next round. dabo 08-06-09 8
 Elimination Round: 8/5 susang 08-06-09 7
   RE: Elimination Round: 8/5 mindy23 08-07-09 9
 RE: 8/4 Episode geekboy 08-10-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/4 Episode"
Good idea for a new thread. thanks Max

I missed most of the show due to conflicts - too many shows to watch at the same time!

I was awed my the magic act! I am one who has never been able to figure out how they do that stuff!
I'm glad the country guy - Skinner - did well again. I thought he had a few pitch problems - but thankfully the judges didn't mention it - or maybe it was just me.

I was not much impressed with the boy dancer (piano player). Didn't see that much in him when he first auditioned, not much now.

Also not impressed with the girls dance group that was brought back; there are too many of them and it is too frantic. Can you imagine a group that size winning and that many families up-rooting their lives to move to Vegas?

My top five to go thru would be
Kevin Skinner
Acrodunk
Drew Thomas Magic
Breaksk8
Mosaic

Agman 2009

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/4 Episode"
Yay, Max! I couldn't watch the episode in real-time last night, and by the time I'd watched the tape I was crashing. I basically agree with your assessments of the acts, Acrodunk might have been third on my list. Could not believe how humdrum the yodeling dominatrix was the second time out of the gate.

08-06-09, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Who made the next round."
I was right on 3 out of 5 (stoopid judges picked the wrong kid).

This week's top 5 was:

Acrodunk
Kevin Skinner
Drew Thomas Magic
Grandma Lee
Arcadian Broad

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-09, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who made the next round."
I got 3 of the five too.

I was hoping the judges pick would have worked differently.
In twoies or threesies or foursies all of the acts are brought out and only 4 of the 12 get thru.

Then? the judges pick 1 out of the 8 that did not make America's top 4.

Agman 2009

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-06-09, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who made the next round."
I missed it...who was the judges' pick?

08-06-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Who made the next round."
America's #5 and #6 choices competed for the final spot, with the judges making the selection. And they chose Arcadian Broad over Thia Megia.

Piers chose Thia
Sharon chose Arcadian
Hoff rambled as the credits rolled, then chose Arcadian

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Who made the next round."
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-09 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Personally, I thought Thia should have gone through. Arcadian and Thia both gave great performances, though. I just don't think Arcadian can push it to the next level.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-06-09, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Elimination Round: 8/5"
I was glad to see Manuela Horn, and Lake Houston Dance go

MH: Don't know why she was put through in the audition phase

LHD: Way too many members in the group

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-07-09, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Elimination Round: 8/5"
Agree with MH and LHD. Both were just out of the league of talent that is needed to win this show. And I personally think there should be a limit on how many people can participate in a group audition. I mean, putting through 50 people is more than crazy! Because most of the time, they get sent off to Vegas, sent back, then sent home! What a waste!!

I was torn with the Arcadian/Thia pick, but felt, as Hoff said, Thia has a future without the show. Arcadian probably will not have another chance out of this venue. And if he can push himself, and come up with some amazing choreography, I think he could end up, at least, in the semi-finals. Haven't had a dancer win yet.

I loved seeing Terry Fator!! What a great act and a great guy! And as much as I am NOT a fan of Mariah, I loved the interaction between her and hubby. I'm totally surprised that she even chose a man like him, who seems to be an all-around good guy, to grace her with his presence! They were really cute together! SHE is a lucky woman, IMHO!

Anyway, still keeping my fingers and toes crossed to see Tallin come back and blow the competion away! I really think he will-I can't see Simon sitting on his thumbs with this guy.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-10-09, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 8/4 Episode"
I picked the 5 acts perfectly. So...what was the 'shocking results' that Nick mentioned at the start of the show?

Personally, i was not impressed by Thia. I thought Arcadian was teh more unique of the acts, and for this show i think that is important.

Grandma Lee crying was nice to see, made her much mroe 'real'. She deserves to be there.

I thought Mariah pimping her new album twice already was a bit over the top. Nice to see Terry Fator back.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •