The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences 24 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-07, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
Halfway through after tonight, and we've got another president down and Jack headed into another embassy.

A LETHAL COMBINATION OF JACK BAUER AND FORMER PRESIDENT CHARLES LOGAN AND A BIG BLOW TO THE ADMINISTRATION ON 24 MONDAY, MARCH 5, ON FOX

As the current Administration deals with a shocking setback, former President Charles Logan becomes increasingly involved. Meanwhile, politicos Pollock and Lennox are tied up in a very messy situation. Jack Bauer faces pulse-pounding pressure as he pursues new unexpected leads and dangerously attempts to thwart the terrorists for executing the unthinkable in the Day 6: 5:00 P.M.-6:00 P.M. episode of 24 Monday, March 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-612) (TV-14 V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe OBrian, James Morrison as Bill Buchanan, DB Woodside as President Wayne Palmer, Jayne Atkinson as Karen Hayes, Carlo Rota as Morris OBrian, Peter MacNicol as Thomas Lennox, Regina King as Sandra Palmer, Eric Balfour as Milo Pressman and Marisol Nichols as Nadia Yassir.

Guest Cast: Powers Boothe as Vice President Noah Daniels, Chad Lowe as Reed Pollock, Adoni Maropis as Abu Fayed, Alexander Siddig as Hamri Al-Assad, Gregory Itzin as Charles Logan.

Soylent Green: recycling America, one person at a time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... trigirl 03-05-07 1
 RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... AugustGirl 03-06-07 2
 RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... Loree 03-06-07 3
 RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... weltek 03-06-07 4
   RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... Maroonclown 03-06-07 5
   RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... Emily RugBurn 03-06-07 6
   RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... CTgirl 03-06-07 7
       RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... AyaK 03-06-07 8
           RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... CTgirl 03-07-07 9
           RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... CantStandToLook 03-08-07 10
           RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread ... sittem 03-12-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-05-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
Regina King is back? Good, then maybe we'll finally get see why the heck we have been introduced to her.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
Powers Boothe is one scary dude, man.

I was glad to see Lennox point the finger at Reed, however I'm sure it will all be in vain as the VP is going to spin this in a way that serves his purposes best. Do we think the VP was in on the plan to kill Palmer? I can't decide if I think so or not.

Call me deranged, but I love seeing Jack go all torture on the bad guys, and I can't wait to see them storm the embassy! GO CTU! Rah!

AND!!!! We get Martha and Aaron next week! Woo freakin' hoo!

One nation, under Romber...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
I enjoyed this episode more than last week. And who knew Jack could speak Russian? We find out more about him all the time.

Logan was really trying to get inside Jack's head with that chat about being locked up with your thoughts, etc.

I assume when Pres Palmer wakes up he will remember that Assad tried to warn them about the bomb.

Can't wait to see Martha back.

And thankfully we didn't have to hear about Morris' drinking this week.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
For some reason, I'm not so engaged this season. I can't put my finger on it yet. It was a "must see" show for me (I only have two of those). This season? Meh.

The return of Martha next week excites me. She's so perfect for her role.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
I agree Weltek. I actually fell asleep through it last night.

Had to go online to get update.

Emily RugBurn 663 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-06-07, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Emily%20RugBurn Click to send private message to Emily%20RugBurn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
I am SO with you, weltek. I said the same thing to DH last night.

I've been a rabid fan of the show since the first season, but this season is just not working for me. I think it's a combination of things...:

1. This show is famous for it's unpredictably. So, here were are 6 seasons in, expecting the unexpected. As soon as Morris started downloading the picture of the guy the terrorists needed to program the bomb thingy, I *knew* it was him. Even at the beginning of last season, I knew Logan was a string-puller and his Wussy President persona was an act.

2. Every season it seems we have one or more of the following: a mole at CTU, someone trying to oust the President, a slimy, up-to-no-good high-ranking White House official (who may, or may not be the same guy/gal trying to oust the President), an annoying "under 18" character, Chloe working under the radar to assist Jack in carrying out a risky plan, the death of a series regular... the list goes on. I'm not suggesting writers/producers completely abandon the formula that made their show the success it is today, but, for the love of dog, mix things up a bit!

3. I find the dialogue really lacking this season. I can think of a thousand different and better ways to say things or to get information across that does not involve wooden/unnatural sounding dialogue and/or an abundance of exposition. It's like whenever we see a character for the first time in an episode, they say something that re-caps previous episodes or seasons. "Jack, you're not seriously going to enter a foreign consulate after being held captive in a Chinese prison for doing the same kind of thing?" I'm sure the writers are hoping to snag new viewers by doing this, but a) "24" isn't a show you suddenly start watching in the middle of the 6th season and b) they're doing a serious disservice to the majority of their viewing audience who has been around since the beginning (or, at least since the beginning of the current season).

All that being said, a bad season of "24" is still better than a good season of most shows. I'm definitely getting fed up with it, but I'm still hoping they'll pull something out of their ass that'll make me eat my words.

Emily's RugBlog

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
I'm glad it not just me! I still won't miss this show, and I do like the way 24 suspends reality on a constant basis! But last night Jack breaking into the Russian consulate, torturing the diplomat and then trying to walk out the door was just plain stupid! Come on, I expect better of Jack than that!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-07, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-07 AT 07:12 PM (EST)

>But last night Jack breaking into the Russian consulate,
>torturing the diplomat and then trying to walk out the
>door was just plain stupid!

I don't mind seeing Jack break into the Russian consulate and torturing the consul. That makes sense if Jack believes Logan. But I was stunned that the writers had him walk away from the consul without calling CTU first.

With only two hours to work with, he would have called CTU the moment he concluded he had everything possible from Markov. And walking toward the door? What was going on there? Did he think he was going to prance out free as a bird after clipping off the consul's pinkie?

The only reason for having Jack behave like an imbecile was to set up a fake crisis, which is Jack having info that he can't get to CTU because he's a Russian prisoner. But he's got a real crisis on his hands: the drone-mounted nukes. Why set up a fake one? We don't need The Perils of Pauline. We need a coherent plot.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-07, 07:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
And walking toward
>the door? What was
>going on there? Did
>he think he was going
>to prance out free as
>a bird after clipping off
>the consul's pinkie?
>
I meant what you said, you just said it better!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
You summed it up perfectly Ayak. I can't imagine Jack being stupid enough to just try to walk out the door especially after he was talking to the guys on the other side. He told them he would kill Markof if they didn't back off and he thought they would just turn around and leave.

Stupid Writers.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-12-07, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 3/5 (5-6 PM) discussion thread - Ep. 12"
Just watched all 12 episodes over the past week. My of my, was my heart pumping tonight - can't help it - it's just an involuntary respone, especially when he nipped the guys finger.

So, Jack walking to the door was just stupid. But, we've still got 12 hours to go and one thing is always sure - there are going to be 24 hours a day. Every friggin second (well, 43 minutes) have to be filled week after week. If we find the drones too soon, then we have to fill space with some other crisis. And, it would appear we're not even at the end game yet. So, after 5 1/2 seasons of suspended reality, what's a few more little things like this. It's still the best scripted thing around. Well, I guess I can't really say that since I don't watch anything else other than TAR. But, I'm guessing it's the best. That's good enough for me.

Can't wait to start downloading in the am.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •