The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR7 at Fashion Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-10, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR7 at Fashion Week"
10 designers showed at Fashion Week. TEN! Needless to say, most of the collections were lousy.

What did we learn? First, since there are 11 left, and all but Maya showed, she must be the next one out. After her butt-ugly dress this week, it seems like a good idea.

Guest judge was Faith Hill, for unknown reasons. Here's the WaPo slide show:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2010/02/14/GA2010021402681.html

Based on the collections, the NY Post picks the final four as Amy, Mila, Seth Aaron and Anthony.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/fashion/fashion_week/project_runway_6spK2a6Tk8eyOZvXP6mJhJ

And here's a paragraph on each collection from a diffewrent Post writer, who picks the final four as Mila (winner), Seth Aaron, Jay and Jesse.:

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/popwrap/guessing_who_will_be_een_the_final_GskdwafbS8qmyZ4UVVAlIL

Personally, I think Amy has to make the final 3, so by consensus, I'll go with Mila, Seth Aaron and Amy. Anthony will not be there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR7 at Fashion Week Snidget 02-16-10 1
   RE: PR7 at Fashion Week Kyree 02-17-10 2
       RE: PR7 at Fashion Week AyaK 02-17-10 3
   RE: PR7 at Fashion Week AyaK 02-17-10 4
 RE: PR7 at Fashion Week frodis 02-18-10 5
   RE: PR7 at Fashion Week Snidget 02-18-10 6
       RE: PR7 at Fashion Week frodis 02-18-10 7
           RE: PR7 at Fashion Week Snidget 02-18-10 8
               RE: PR7 at Fashion Week mindy23 02-19-10 9
                   RE: PR7 at Fashion Week + E6 AyaK 02-22-10 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-10, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Looks like http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2010/02/season-7-finale-collections.html has pics of everything in the collections.

I still don't recognize most of these designers by sight, yet.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Kyree 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-17-10, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kyree Click to send private message to Kyree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Did anyone happen to see Christian Siriano's collection? Beautiful!

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2010/02/15/christian-siriano-fall-collection?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r1:c0.430627:b30696488:z0

02-17-10, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Unlike most of the current designers, Christian has real talent. With Lee McQueen's death, Christian is in a position to become a major superstar.

02-17-10, 08:42 PM (EST)
4. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Fascinating. Amy's models wore sneakers? Maybe she wasn't a finalist. Her fourth look (the baby-doll) was pathetic, and her ninth look (the beige dress) was bland. But her first look got all the attention.

Mila was clearly a finalist and opted for the Christian-Irina B&W color scheme. Her stuff actually looks like a collection. No wonder people are picking her as the winner; it's really nice.

Seth Aaron's fifth look reminds me of a garbage bag. And where did the yellow come from? Or the dark blue in the last look? He should have closed with the ninth look: that's a nice coat. Interestingly, all of his models are wearing some sort of gloves except the last one. Why?

Janeane's collection is pathetic. She must be 10th.

Ben's models look like space aliens. He should stick to costumes.

Jonathan likes to exaggerate hips. Not a good look.

Anthony's clothes look nice, but pretty simple. Where are the accessories?

Maybe Jesse is a finalist. At least he accessorized to some extent.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-10, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
I know they do it to avoid spoilers.

But if the alleged real value of this competition is exposure and creating and showing their collection at NY Fashion Week, then having 10 designers show there is just silly. We've seen more, and more, and more designers showing at Fashion Week each season.

I know, part of it is also the Bravo-Lifetime fiasco and their timing and planning being off. Yeah, yeah.

I'm assuming they all got a bundle of cash to create their fashion week look, otherwise what would the incentive be to the 7 designers who aren't really top 3?

So they get to create a collection on Project Runway's dime (I'm assuming this) and they get to show it at NY Fashion week. While I'm sure that they all want to be the winner of Project Runway and get the big cash prize, it seems that they've come out ahead anyway.

02-18-10, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
I think why we do see a fair number of people with some industry experience is because the top however many get to show at fashion week even if they don't get on the show about being there.

Getting to show your stuff has to be something that would help the career. They might not give as much money to the also rans, but probably do have to financially support them so they can show. Maybe Ayak's comment about the lack of accessories is because the also rans didn't have the same budget.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-18-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Good point about the budget - maybe they don't get as much as the real top three. Although (if true) that's a little cruel. Making people who aren't good enough to make the top three work under greater constraints and strut their sub-par stuff in front of the industry could potentially hurt them more than help them. That's not very nice.

So are you saying that they're casting a more experienced crop of designers because they know that more of them will be showing at Fashion Week? The general level of what's coming out of this current bunch . . . uh. . . doesn't support that.

02-18-10, 01:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
I was thinking the also rans get enough budget anyone should be able to do a good job, but maybe the top 3 get enough that they can do a bit more than just the basics of a good show.

I don't think anyone would go on if they had to self fund the show (although they might) or if you didn't get enough that would make things a lot easier.

I wasn't thinking they cast more industry people just because they can put them in fashion week, but that there may be people who have had a few breaks might be more likely to try out if they have a good chance of getting more than they put in. That a lot of the also rans get to show just to avoid the spoilers may be enough to make taking time off to do the show more worthwhile for more people. (bigger carrot to share vs you have to really be the last one standing to get any benefit).

I would think that 1/3 or 1/2 of the cast gets to show makes it more appealing than 2-3 people max get to show. I think having a mix of people is usually what makes any show work and if it were all people just out of design school who haven't landed a job, yet, or people who are self taught but can't manage to get past the hobby stage it just wouldn't be the same.

With enough of a carrot you may find enough people who own a shop, have a line, work for a major house to balance out people who haven't figured out how to earn a living, yet.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week"
Well, we all know that Jeaneanne got booted last night, so she is NOT going to be showing at fashion week, courtesty of PR, anyway....so what is that about? I dunno, as usual.

IMHO, Seth is definitely in this to win, as proven by his skills at not only runway models, but his adorable little mini-model last night. He has vision, style, and finesse. Love him.

And I'm also glad we're finally seeing some personalities from these people after, what 4 weeks? For all this time, I was beginning to think that Anthony was the only one who even knew how to communicate with anyone! At least last night one of the guys (can't remember which) was imitating Michael in a humorous way) and there were quirks and remarks to and about each other. Finally, we're seeing the lighter side of these people, and maybe we can start endearing ourselves to some personalities. Mila? Nah. She's the Katherine Bennett of PR to me, even though she 'thinks' she's in the now-I just don't see it. Anyway...other than those hideous pedal-like pedal pushers, and the pedal'd filled pedal'd dresses, I thought everything turned out pretty good, actually. Got a kick out of the cute little 'forms' that they all had to work off of!
All in all, it was a rather fun, and original episode, for a change!

Did anyone notice that Tim had little to nothing to do with the kids??

02-22-10, 06:28 PM (EST)
10. "RE: PR7 at Fashion Week + E6"
Of course Janeane showed at Fashion Week, courtesy of PR. We've seen her collection (linked earlier in this thread). It just won't appear on the TV show.

Basically, in every season except season 6, more than the final 3 have shown. In seasons 1-3 and 5, four showed. In season 4, five showed. I still think that may have been motivated by how good the season 4 designers were (Christian, Rami, Jillian, Chris, Sweet P). But 10?

These people just aren't that good. It's one thing for Irina and Carol Hannah to do a show at Fashion Week, as each did this year, capitalizing on their success. It's quite another thing to see a "collection" by Janeane. Ouch.

Most of the clothes this week were hideous again. Seth Aaron was far and away the best. I was impressed with Jesse for the first time. I liked Amy's colors, unlike the guest judge, but I wasn't thrilled with her construction. Jonathan's design was awful. But Janeane's was worse. I liked Mila's kids dress, but it paired poorly with her adult dress. Anthony and Emilio were OK but nothing special. Maya's deserved a bottom-three spot. Don't know how it missed. Similarly, I don't know how Jay made the top three.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •