The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 5, Finale, Part II"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 5, Finale, Part II"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-08 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Please discuss the finale and the winner in this thread, to prevent spoiling the results for those who have not gotten to watch the final episode yet.

The winner is announced at the bottom of this post, so if you don't want to know yet, quit reading!

I didn't take many notes tonight because people insisted on calling during the show, so I only caught about half of the conversations.

Tim informed the designers that they would have to drop two pieces, and would only be showing 10 at the show.

I have no idea if they had to make another last minute piece (like they always do), but I did see Korto making something. (somebody help me out here with the details, please! Was it a last challenge, or just a last minute change on Korto's part?)

Anyhoo... Korto won the fan favorite vote.

These are the pieces that they took back to the final judging, with special (replacement) judge, Tim Gunn.
Kenley

Korto

Leanne

Lots of positive comments to each designer, but concern about whether Leanne can do more/move past the petals. It was pointed out that one piece of Kenley's was very similiar to (insert name of designer that I have no clue of)'s line that was recently shown. Korto's criticism was that some pieces looked overworked, "too many ideas in one look".

Now for the decision...

Kenley is out.

Congratulations to Leanne!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II mindy23 10-15-08 1
   RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II NewFan 10-16-08 4
 RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II jbug 10-16-08 2
   RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II aquariaqueen 10-16-08 3
 A review of the winner's season jbug 10-16-08 5
   RE: A review of the winner's season mindy23 10-16-08 6
       RE: A review of the winner's season Fishercat 10-16-08 7
 RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II SilverStar 10-17-08 8
 A review of Korto jbug 10-17-08 9
   RE: A review of Korto aquariaqueen 10-17-08 11
 A review of Kenley jbug 10-17-08 10
   RE: A review of Kenley mtopaz 10-23-08 12
   RE: A review of Kenley realitycoholic 10-27-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-15-08, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II"
Korto, with Tim's advice, decided to drop her wedding gown, and make something else. I didn't quite understand why, but she needed to drop 2 peices, and ended up making 2 new ones, so altogether, she had 4 extra peices?? I'm not sure how that all came about either. Someone else can fill us in, I hope.

I really felt her collection was the most colorful, innovative, and had the most variety. But the judges did what they usually do-disagree with me. Leanne stuck with 3 basic colors. But the judges were more impressed, I felt, that she represented all phases of clothing-pants, skirts, long and short dresses, and blouses, and even threw in a super-sheek vest, as well. They were concerned about her becoming a 'one note' "Pedal" replacing her first name, and people thinking she was a stripper. But that didn't keep her from coming in first.

At least we've heard the last of Kenley's whining. Or have we???

Does anyone know if there will be the usual 'reunion show' that we've had for the past 4 seasons?? That is usually where the most popular (ie Korto) is voted in and revealed. And given the prize money.

Oh, also wanted to mention the season's cast-offs that were at the park: Blayne, Stella (letha) were hanging out. A few from other seasons, of course. All looking fairly bored, except for Christian, who seemed to be enjoying Kenley's look. Or maybe that's the only time the camera really focused on him.

I'm sure there were others from this season, but my mind just went blank, so forgive. That's why I don't do the reviews!! Chow....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-08, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II"
I was wondering the same thing about the reunion show, and didn't hear them announce Korto as the Fan Favorite (which they usually do at the reunion show). So maybe it's just over. What a blahhhhh season.

I loved Leanne's line and thought it was absolutely beautiful and so interesting at the same time. I kept trying to figure out just how she made some of those details. But even with the simple color palette, she showed a lot of different pieces and concepts. It wasn't even close for me.

Question: Do you think Leanne's voiceover was part of her music playing at the show? It was distracting. I thought all the music svcked this year. Past years have had a lot more inspirational or exciting musical choices that really set a mood.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II"
All I caught were the runway shows.
Kenley's looked so much like what I would expect to see Kenley wear. And didn't almost every model have a little feather cap on the side of their head? Just like Kenley LOL

When Korto's first model walked out, I thought oh yes. Beautiful clothing - had a bit of African look to it - but was not glarlingly so. I would wear some of those dresses. Glad she left out the wedding dress; the other dress she made was much prettier.

Then when Leanne's first came out - wasn't the long blue dress above the first one out? I said, this is the winner. That was the most beautiful dress e.v.e.r.
I was worried that the judges would think she had gone too far with all the petals; and I hope she can design past that too - but all the dresses did represent the water/wave inspiration.
But I thought the bridesmaids dress as she had it originally was beautiful - did not like how she changed it for the final show. Did anyone else notice that?

Glad Leanne won.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-08, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II"
I thought the bridesmaid's dress was different. But I wasn't feeling well and didn't really have my heart into it last night.

10-16-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "A review of the winner's season"
I thought it'd be interesting to see all of her designs from the season. (might get back to post those of the other 2 runners ups later - unless someone else wants to put them together). thanks to Arkie for posting great pics for each ep.

Ep 2

Ep 3 Bright Lights Big City

Ep 4 Rings of Glory

Ep 5 Welcome to the Jungle technically a Blayne creation - not Leanne:

Ep 6 Good Queen Fun

Ep 7 Fashion that Drives You

Ep 8 Double O Fashion Reminder

Ep 9 Leanne/Emily – Libra/Scorpio

Ep 10 Transformation Leanne - Holly & Ellie

Ep 11 Rock n Runway - Country -

Ep 12 Nature Calls

Ep 13 - Finale part 1

Finale -

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-16-08, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A review of the winner's season"
Even though her classic look includes the pedals, one can clearly see that she CAN design without using them!

She really is a great seamstress/designer. But I do think it was very close between her and Korto. Just my thoughts.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-08, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A review of the winner's season"
Yeah, I think this post shows that the Petals Marshall fear is entirely unfounded. It just isn't in the other designs in her time on the show.

Korto or Leanne would have been acceptable winners, so kudos to Leanne!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR 5, Finale, Part II"
I'm very happy that Leanne won, as she's been my favorite all season. I was pleasantly surprised by Korto's collection though. I really liked everything that she did! I think she would have been a deserving winner as well, but yay Leanne!

Thanks for all the recaps, Ahkie. You're the best. *kicksmooch*

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

10-17-08, 11:27 AM (EST)
9. "A review of Korto"
Wow! Very few mistakes on her part. Some - actually most outfits are beautiful!

Ep 1

Ep 2 Grass is always Greener

Ep 4 Rings of Glory

Ep 5 Welcome to the Jungle

Ep 6 Good Queen Fun

Ep 8 Double O Fashion

Ep 9 Korto/Kelli - Aquarius/Cancer

Ep 10 Transformation

Ep 11 Rock n Runway

Ep 12 Nature Calls

Ep 13 part 1 Finale

Finale

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-17-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A review of Korto"
I've been a fan of Korto's for a long time, probably week 1.

Her worst were week 2 with the side fins, and week 10 where she gets half credit for the jacket, and half credit for the dress. But to me they did not go together.

On week 2 she just needs to be glad that there were others who desperately needed to be weeded out. If she would have done that anytime after week 6, she would probably have been booted.

I hope Korto goes somewhere in this field.....she deserves it.

10-17-08, 11:30 AM (EST)
10. "A review of Kenley"
Is it just me? Or does every outfit she designs look just like something she would wear but no one else would?
LOL but the "transformation" dress is Kenley - spot on!

Ep 1

Ep 2 Grass is always Greener

Ep 4 Rings of Glory

Ep 5 Welcome to the Jungle

Ep 6 Good Queen Fun

Ep 8 Double O Fashion

Ep 9 Kenley/Wesley – Aquarius/Scorpio

Ep 10 Transformation

Ep 11 Rock n Runway

Ep 12 Nature Calls

Ep 13 part 1 Finale

Finale

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-23-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A review of Kenley"
Of those, I thought episode two (the cream dress) was okay, and episode 5 (Welcome to the Jungle) was also nice. But that was actually designed by the big whiner Keith, and not Kenley. Episode 9 and 11 outfits are classics! They belong in a movie that parodies fashion.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-27-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A review of Kenley"
Thanks for the recaps, jbug. Looking at them in a row, I'm reminded of how incredulous I was when Kenley wasn't booted several times. They definitely kept her in for the entertainment factor.

Many of the looks were just plain fugly: #9 (Aquarius/Scorpio) looks like something in a Bride of Frankenstein movie, as well as not fulfilling the challenge requirements in the least, and I was shocked that she did something similar in the finale. #10 (Transformation) seriously looks like an outfit from 'Ugly Betty' and we're talking what Betty would wear. Don't even get me going on #3 (Bright Lights) and #4 (Rings of Glory)!

Overall though, I'm happy that Leanne won and happier still that Kenley didn't get to the final two. I really wanted Korto to win, but barring that, Leanne is acceptable!

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •