The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR5, Ep 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-08, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR5, Ep 6"
"Good Queen Fun"

Girl, you know there will be spoiler info here, so if you don't want to know, don't read any further. *snaps*

We open with the recap, as always. (Or you could have tuned in an hour early if you missed it last week, and watched the "encore" episode.) We see the designers the next morning, and apparently, they disagreed with the judges awarding Keith the win.

Heidi introduces a special guest. Yay! It's Chris from last season! He is dressed in drag, with a viking helmet, and a disco ball cut in half and worn as a bra. His "boobs" are so large, Heidi can't lean in close enough to kiss his cheek. Chris introduces the guest clients/models, 11 drag queens. The designers choose their clients, and head to the workroom.

Tim announces that the gowns will be auctioned off, with the proceeds going to Broadway Cares Equity Fights Aids (I think that's the correct name. I will try to find it online after I finish this post, and edit if need be). The winner of this challenge does receive immunity.

While working on the designs, Blayne announces that if he were a drag queen, he would be Neon-licious. It would appear that the designers are as sick-licious of Blayne-licious adding licious to everything as much as I am. Leanne will barf if she hears it again, and that will be "barf-licious". *snort* They're starting to show Leanne's personality, and I think I like this girl.

On to the show, with our special guest judge, Ru-You better work it-Paul!

The following names are called, and have made it to the next round: Blayne, Kenley, Suede, Stella, and Leanne.

Joe was commended on the belt that "hides the candy", and shows her assets.
Michael commented that Terri's outfit was "heaven", and he needs those boots. RuPaul loved it.
Keith - Micheal said it looked like a sad chicken. RuPaul said that Keith had a lot of excuses.
Jerrel - RuPaul said the dress was too long. Michael said it was kind of normal, and that one of his aunts would have worn it.
Korto - RuPaul loved the dress, could tell the client was "living for the dress". Michael said the dress gave the client a "Heidi Klum" body.
Daniel - Didn't live up to the challenge. Why no sequins or florals. Daniel said that would be too gaudy. Michael said it was a very normal dress.

And now for the results:
Terri - in.
The winner is... Joe!
Korto - in.
Jerrel - in.
Daniel is out, so Keith is in.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 mindy23 08-21-08 1
   RE: PR5, Ep 6 nailbone 08-21-08 6
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 FishWoman 08-21-08 2
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 aquariaqueen 08-21-08 3
 No GWDKFBLHG again nailbone 08-21-08 4
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 Fishercat 08-21-08 5
   RE: PR5, Ep 6 nailbone 08-21-08 7
       RE: PR5, Ep 6 Fishercat 08-21-08 9
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 anotherkim 08-21-08 8
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 jbug 08-21-08 10
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 TxMom2011 08-22-08 11
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 toddE 08-22-08 12
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 Lasann 08-22-08 13
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 Sunny_Bunny 08-22-08 14
 RE: PR5, Ep 6-Hedda Interview TxMom2011 08-25-08 15
   RE: PR5, Ep 6-Hedda Interview Silvergirl1 08-26-08 16
 RE: PR5, Ep 6 trigirl 10-08-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
Well, I think it WAS time for Daniel to hit the road, with his strange sense of 'whatever'. I never really got that guy. Liked him the first episode, then lost that after then. He was just out there somewhere else, doing his own thing, and feeling a bit above the rest as far as following the rules. So, in that respect, I think the judges got it right.

This episode was also really 'out there'. And maybe because Chris knew the contestants AND the (for the sake of whatever they are going by, I'll just call them PEOPLE) PEOPLE, then I guess that's why RuPaul, instead of Chris was the guest judge?? Also, Chris had been in the cutting room and had seen the contestants at work, and given pointers. So, that would have made him a biased opinion.

I had a bit of a hard time with this genre, since I am just a small town country girl who doesn't even understand exactly what 'drag queens' are all about! I mean, I thought they were reasonably nice looking men when they came in for their first fittings, but they chose to be called women?? Whateva, huny! To each his own, but I felt a bit out of it during most of this show, and wish they would just go back to designing-designs. I suppose this was as challenging as it gets, huh?

And I have to say, it's really hilariously ironic that the winner would be Joe, the one hetero-male with a wife and a family at home! I am really starting to like what he does, and who he is (not for that particular reason), but just because of his past designs, and attitudes. I hope he makes it to the final four at least.

And yes, I am liking it that they are bringing out more of the shy-er personalities, like Leanne. She actually may go further than we originally thought here. As far as Stella's outfit, didn't her Queen complain a bit about feeling like "Liz out of Rehab"?? I thought that outfit was a bit drab rather than drag, myself. But somehow, she manages to escape the judges, yet again. At least we didn't hear the pounding of her hamma this time! LOL.

OK, folks. That's about it for me. Nothing I have said reflects anything on anyone at anytime. All names are ficticious unless proven otherwise. CHOW!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-08, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
At least we didn't hear the pounding of her hamma this time! LOL.

From the previews for next week, it looks like there's going to be a LOT of that.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-21-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
I completely agree with the top three choices. I was torn about Joe over Terri for the win, but I do think he did an excellent job designing for his client's aesthetic. Terri look TICKED OFF that she did not win.

For the bottom three - I felt so bad for Daniel. I mean, his dresses were all really nice and wellmade. He just wasn't getting the challenges at all. I hope he will do well designing adorable cocktail dresses.

Keith is starting to irritate me. I like his concept, but it did end up looking shaggy and messy. I am not sure if he is understanding that. Of course, you do want to stick up for your design.

Jerrell - After that crazy awesome olympics outfit *this* is what you made for a drag queen? Again, it was a very cool dress, and you did listen to your client, but you could have done it better.

The rest - Leanne's was neat, Blayne's was bright. Nothing *I* would wear, but I'm a late-30's pregnant jewish attorney

I though Suede handled himself very well in speaking to his client about her comments.

vintage couture by tribe

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-21-08, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-08 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

For some reason, I really was entertained with this episode. That world just fascinates me. And I adore Chris! Disco ball brasierre....I miss him.

Ok here goes:

Kenley-Farrah Moans. Pretty nice, very acceptable.

Blayne-wierd, just wierd. Would have been better without that "whatever in the heck it was" on the back.

Joe-well done, and fit nicely. It was neat how his model collaborated with him and helped in the new direction of the costume.

Stella-it was kinda nice, but not especially drag queenie enough. Actually, a nice dress in a shorter version.

Suede-Heada Lettuce, a pretty decent take on the name, but not a winner.

Daniel-hmmmm. You just don't get the challenges, do you? This may be "out of the box" for you, but seriously, not drag queen material.

Terri-Acid Betty. I didn't get it, I didn't understand the hoopla. Sorry.

Jerrell-Lemay. Middle of the pack. ehhhhhh

Korto-she really can pull things out of her head and execute it, can't she? It seemed the back end of the dress was kinda hiked up, but was very nice, and very drag queenie, for sure.

Keith-come on.........................you and Daniel aren't on this show for the right reasons.

LeAnne-I didn't get it, but luckily, there were several so much under you, that you're safe.

????? I really didn't like "Sharon Needles" name at all. And even more ironic that this was a money raiser for HIV/AIDS research.

Overall, I loved the energy of this show.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

08-21-08, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "No GWDKFBLHG again"
Another week without a GWDKFBLHG update, for obvious reasons.

But is it completely wrong that I think a couple of those "girls" were actually quite attractive?

And I am SO glad that Daniel is gone. Snotty, arrogant little tool.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-21-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
Kenley: Very understated and oddly normal for her, and I did like it. Went with the Monroe theme and fit well enough. Easily safe

Blayne: Eeek...gay pterodactyl indeed. Would have been nice without the wings...but then it's too understated. Rough day for the former tanorexic, now he's barflicious (thanks Leanne!)

Joe: Perfect fit, great theme, fantastic accessories, worked with his model and fit the model's persona. An absolutely deserving winner

Stella: Reminded me of a blanket attached to a trenchcoat. At least it was drag-queenie, but I disliked it.

Terri: Way too much going on with at least three different themes (rock star kabuki?). It simply didn't work for me and I was genuinely surprised she was top three.

Jerell: Got a bum rap this episode. The dress was understated because he got the most understated drag queen and he was designing to her style. He deserved "safe" status

Suede: He got our token ##### model (like Christian's prom dress girl), but he got by it with an unseen maturity and I'm glad he got his way. Safe dress

Daniel: Another cocktail dress? For reals?

Korto: I really did like it. A good design for a plus-sized drag queen and it was pretty flattering if you took the skirt off. Very nice job.

Keith: Still don't like the ruffles and very close to a deserved boot

Leanne: Deserved Top 3, perfect integration of her and the model's designs into one fabulous dress, with enough silver and blue to make it look really good. Robbed of another good accolade. Plus, her snark is just increasing my PR crush (she's really cute without the glasses, although she's cute with them too)

1. Joe
2. Leanne
3. Korto
4. Kenley
5. Jerrel
6. Terri
7. Suede
8. Stella
9. Blayne
10. Keith
11. Daniel

08-21-08, 04:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
increasing my PR crush

Leanne is one of my faves, too, but my true PR crush this version is Kenley. She's really hot in an interesting kinda way...

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-21-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
Kenley would be hot/crush worthy if she didn't talk or laugh.

However, with the cackle and the smack talk excessive, it's Leanne or bust for me.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-08, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"

I think that Joe was a very deserving winner.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-08, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
Joe was the right choice for winner.
Terri? weird and strange. Didn't look drag queenie to me - looked like a man.

Leanne? not gettin it there either.

Poor little Daniel. He designs nice stuff - it just doesn't meet the criteria the challenge calls for.

Keith needs to try something else.

Kenley's outfit was really good.

Blayne? not so

no comment on the others either way...

Every day is Spring with Agman

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
This was without a doubt my most favorite challenge ever! Loved it loved it!!!!

Kenley – I liked it okay but the dress needed more…. Maybe tighter fitting or something more vampy

Blayne – I didn’t like it – but it worked for her persona

Joe – Loved it! The right choice for winner and it really complimented Varla’s persona

Stella – I thought it was okay – her DQ was kinda older and the dress suited her. I don’t think the Liz outta rehab comment was insulting the outfit – that’s just the kinda persona she has

Suede – Hedda grated my nerves. I mean… REALLY grated my nerves. Didn’t Suede’s dress look pretty much like the dress she came in ??

Daniel – Has he ever watched PR before? I hate attitudes like his on reality shows. If you don’t want to do what’s asked of you, why audition!?!?! Glad I don’t have to hear his pitiful excuses anymore.

Terri – I liked the outfit though it wasn’t one of my favorites…. Too much WHITE… If Terri doesn’t win something soon she is gonna implode… lol… I see the tension building each week

Jerrell – Ugly colors, ugly fit…. Jerrell should thank twerpy Daniel or he would be gone this week

Korto – Loved it! Loved Sweetie! I thought it was perfect. I detect a little softer editing on this gal. Just the snippets I get of her personality are witchy - not nice…. I think they are trying to soft sell us on her.

Keith – you know, if we hadn’t seen so many fabric strips from him before, I think this outfit would have gone over better. It really wasn’t bad.

Leeanne – I thought the dress was ugly…though the construction looked very well done.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-08, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
The best:

I really think Terri had the best design. I was surprised that she didn't win.

Joe's was my favorite, but a lot of that I believe was due to his model. It was a lot of fun and I certainly don't think his winning was a bad choice.

Daniel and Keith were both bad. Keith was actually the worst and I have to think that the panel knew they eliminated the wrong person last week, so they made up for it by booting Daniel one week late. By that standard, Keith might go next week.

Overall one of the best challenges, no one really stank...well, I think Keith did.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-22-08, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
I absolutely loved this episode.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-08, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-08 AT 07:35 PM (EST)

By far the most fun challenge to date! Had I been a designer, I'd have loved it! That is why I was surprised by the designers who were full of angst, and the one who decided to ignore the challenge and create a pretty cocktail dress. Sigh.

Anyway, on to the fun stuff.

Loved Joe's winning sailor suit. It was fun, over the top, and designed to hide that which must not be seen.

Loved Korto's red dress. It reminded me of the red dress John Travolta wore in the You can't stop the beat number in Hairspray.

I liked Terri's Geshia-on-acid costume. Had any of these 3 won, I would have been happy.

Kenley, Suede, and Leanne did ok. Kenley's dress was rather stuck in Retro "Meh" and Sharens "Jetson" costume seemed to get lost in the translation. At least their creations fit the challenge.

Blayne, you are so not fabulicious, marvalicious, or any other "licious" your lame little mind can think of. The dress was tacky, the wings were lame, and I think you had better be ready to aufed-alicious within the next few shows.

Stella, you got lucky. The designs by Jarell and Rami-2 were so bad that the judges overlooked your plaid monstrosity. Scotsman everywhere are sharpening their boot daggers and dirks to lob at you.

Rami-2 (Keith), you also got lucky. You are definitely a one trick pony who will soon be sent to the knackers if you don't get a bloody clue that the judges are bored to death with you.

Jarell, wowsers, that was a whole lot of ugly with a bad collar. Unfortunately for you, the judges saw a beautifully crafted rendition of that same collar last season from Christian and Chris. You sir, are no Christian or Chris.

Wouldn't you have loved seeing what Christian would have designed for this challange?

And Finally, for the first time in many shows, the right person got aufed at the right time. There was neither "lets keep him because he adds ___________" nor "lets keep him around to see if he can pull his ego filled head out of his *ahem* long enough to show us that he can follow directions and design for a theme.*

Designing couture for a drag queen whos bread and butter relies on over the top, gaudy, glitzy, tacky glamor. Oh yeah, that will sell tickets, Daniel.

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-25-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR5, Ep 6-Hedda Interview"
This is a pretty good interview of Hedda Lettuce ... sorry I dont know how to do that tiny url thingy

http://projectrungaypagetwo.blogspot.com/2008/08/hedda-lettuce-opens-her-mouth.html

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

08-26-08, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: PR5, Ep 6-Hedda Interview"

Thank you for the link. That was entertaining reading.

As for the show - I think Joe deserved the win, but Korto's design was well done, too. In my mind it was a tie between the two.

Hedda's outfit was not right for her, but she made it work on the runway.

Keith's outfit for Sherry Vine should have gotten Keith booted this week, but Daniel's outfit was just so wrong for this challenge that he deserved to be aufed.

I think Stella's outfit for Louisa Verde could have been better if she had chosen another material to replace that awful plaid - perhaps something with sequins and sparkle.

I think Kenley's outfit for Farrah Moans was appropriate, but a little on the boring side. At least it didn't detract from her model's looks.

Blayne's outfit for Miss Understood was a mess. It's a good thing other designers made worse choices in their designs. At least it was flashy.

I don't understand Daniel's choice of fabric. Pastels on a drag queen? He goes back to designing cocktail dresses somewhere in suburbia.

Terri's outfit for Acid Betty was appropriate for the model, but personally, I didn't care much for it.

Jerrell's outfit for LeMay was ugly. I'm just not sure if Jerrell has what it takes to make it in this business, though I did like his design in the Lipstick Jungle challenge.

Leanne's look for Sharon Needle was just okay. The colors were good for her model and the outfit was well made. It was easily forgettable, though.

Surfkitten summer sigshop 2008

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-08-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: PR5, Ep 6"
Loved Joe's. Good Drag and a happy client.

Loved Korto's. Innovation and drama.

Liked Jerell's. He made his client happy. Wish he had had a bit more free reign. It would have been goregous.

Loved Stella's but it was totally not drag. It reminded me of my Doc Martin days and I think I would still wear that.

Am so over Blayne, Keith, Daniel. The right guy went home.

bouncey by Ice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •