The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"July 17 - Talk to me!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-18-08, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"July 17 - Talk to me!"
I've never watched this before. Was surfing last night ans saw it so thought I'd give it a shot. It had already been on for s bit so I don't know exactly what I missed.

I saw from the point they were outside the grocery store - getting instructions on the challenge. (The 'visiting judge' that won 'that' challenge from his season was a trip! wow!)

Okay, so some of the ideas were interesting. The plastic cups was ingenious; he should have won the challenge. Tho the vacuum bag skirt was good - especially her using a spiral notebook for the closures (but the coffee filter bust was no so).

Too bad so many chose what they thought would be the easy way out by using table cloths. And even then some did a lousy job.
The garbage bag lady should have opened a box of the bags to see what she was getting. Apparently she doesn't bug many garbage bags - she should have known the cheapest bags would be the cheapest bags.

So, anybody else watch this?

Snidget put me on the cover!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! mindy23 07-18-08 1
   RE: July 17 - Talk to me! arkiegrl 07-18-08 7
       RE: July 17 - Talk to me! jbug 07-20-08 10
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! aquariaqueen 07-18-08 2
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! toddE 07-18-08 3
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! jbug 07-18-08 4
   RE: July 17 - Talk to me! KwietOne 07-18-08 6
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! FishWoman 07-18-08 5
   RE: July 17 - Talk to me! aquariaqueen 07-18-08 8
       RE: July 17 - Talk to me! mindy23 07-19-08 9
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! Sunny_Bunny 07-21-08 11
   RE: July 17 - Talk to me! aquariaqueen 07-21-08 12
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! StarryLuna 07-21-08 13
 RE: July 17 - Talk to me! ginger 07-21-08 14
   RE: July 17 - Talk to me! dajaki 07-21-08 16
       RE: July 17 - Talk to me! aquariaqueen 07-21-08 17
 Yea! The wait is over . . . dajaki 07-21-08 15
   RE: Yea! The wait is over . . . aquariaqueen 07-21-08 18
   RE: Yea! The wait is over . . . StarryLuna 07-21-08 19
 Finally Airing in Canada trigirl 09-08-08 20
   RE: Finally Airing in Canada aquariaqueen 09-09-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-18-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
I was actually waiting for the detailed review that usually comes up here, with pictures, etc. But so far, nothing has happened, so I'm curious about that. Have we given up on this show altogether, or are tptb just busy, and don't have the time to do this? I would volunteer, but I don't know how to post the designs from each week, and I don't have any of the names down, and probably won't until we're down to about 7 contestants!

Oh well. Until then, we'll just keep a running tab of our ideas and thoughts about each week-how's that? Keep the others guessing, if they didn't watch it. They can always catch it on the multiple times it comes back throughout the week.

OK-garbage bag lady-EEEWWEEE! What was she thinking?? Generic is very rarely the same in this world, I hate to say! Even with medications, you pay for what you get, Sister. And you have hopefully learned a valuable lesson!

Tan Man: should have definitely gone home! What will he do when he realizes he can't leave the show for his daily tan, anyway? And I still have the vision of him sewing in that poor model's crotch seared into my mind! One slip, and.......WOW! Send him home already! He is an accident waiting to happen!

Rain Coat Man: Scary, but I've seen scarier. Of course, the bragging at the beginning of the show was quite adequately placed, and helped to cheer him off of the runway. I don't think Nina will ever be the same. I hear she's on Valium and shock therapy now.

The others had decent to whatever vision, and the only one who actually used produce, did a pretty good job. But there again, she grabbed a table cloth! The unspoken rule! Plastic cup guy seems pretty innovative, and a decent guy. Vacuum cleaner bag lady-very smart, and creative. She's one to watch, I think.

Oh, and the guest judge: Austin Scarlett-he's one you just can never forget. Once you know who he is, you'll remember him forever. Quite the trip, isn't he? But since he had won this, the very first competition on HIS watch, he was quite aware of what was good and what was bad. And his opinions were actually pretty spot on. The man has issues-what can we say? But he's lovable, in a strange way. I guess.

Anyway, I can't even begin to imagine what this season is going to bring. According to the rundown of all the contestants, most have amazing talents, and are already working in semi-to high-fashion. So...we'll see what they do when they have to tear a car apart, or invent a new bridal dress or prom dress, or skating outfit for Apollo Ono. Just, listen up, Tan Man; DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT TOUCH HIS CROTCH!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-08, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
>I was actually waiting for the
>detailed review that usually comes
>up here, with pictures, etc.
>But so far, nothing has
>happened, so I'm curious about
>that. Have we given up
>on this show altogether, or
>are tptb just busy, and
>don't have the time to
>do this?

I'm usually the one who does this, but just have been busy this week. I see that jbug posted some of the pics, I'll try to get the rest posted. And I'll do better for the rest of the season.

07-20-08, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Hey Arkie,
Since this was my first time to watch this, I didn't think to look back in previous seasons to see how ya'll covered it. Oops!
I was just wanting to discuss it with someone! LOL
Didn't mean to step on any toes ; and will be anxious to see how you cover it.
It was an interesting show to say the least; especially for a first time watcher.

I can't imagine the personalities of some of the designers (is that what we call them?). They each seem to be in a world all their own. Some of the creativity was ingenious!

Snidget put me on the cover!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-18-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Yes, I was waiting for the official thread that is tediously composed....glad you opened it up for discussion anyway.

Hmmmm..Love Austin Scarlett! His bridal gowns are stunning. Ask Lauri on Housewives of Orange County.

Big props to Ko_ _o (sorry can't remember her name) who used the vegetables as a collar adornment. I was expecting so much more of this kind of creation than we got. Good for her, it looked very nice and realistic.

Solo cups was amazing especially when you realize the time it took to melt it all together. Fantastic. This guy has a lot of talent that goes obviously beyond the sewing machine.

I did like the vacuum cleaner bag dress.....very creative and really out-did so many of the other dresses. This will really wow the judges. Hope she can continue this effort. I was a little miffed by her comments at the end of the show. Wish they wouldn't have shown that...watch the attitude, sister, it will get you every time. Just look at who out ousted!

Mr. Tan.....you are soooooo lucky that you didn't leave. What a mess, and you liked it!!!!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

07-18-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Well, last season's finale was the highest rated ever, but I still can't help feeling that last season sort-of-almost jumped the shark. I was bored by the end and bringing back previously eliminated Chris March pretty much ruined the season for me.

Still, this was a good first episode. The right person got eliminated, his outfit was gawdawful. I wanted to like the rocker chick because she's dressed Joan Jett and I love Joan Jett, but seriously--I also can't believe she didn't check to ensure she had thick bags instead of grabbing the cheap stuff...as if the "expensive" bags would have been out of reach. I guess her outfit was pretty bad, but all those tablecloth people really should have been called out for a serious lack of creativity. The black andwhite tablecloth was just a tablecloth sewn into a dress...zero creativity.

07-18-08, 11:57 AM (EST)
4. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Challenge Winner (skirt vacuum cleaner bags; top coffee filters)

My pick & 2nd place (plastic cups)

The LOSER (& rightfully so) (table cloth & shower curtain; rubber boots & rubber gloves) The poor model looked so embarrassed to be wearing that.

The "should have been 2 eliminated" (garbage bags)

See all the outfits here:
http://tinyurl.com/projectrunway

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-18-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Did you see the model's expression with that god-awful hospital getup? I'd be looking just like that too, if I had to wear that!

LMAO!!!

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-18-08, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
I too was waiting for someone else to start the thread and post the pictures!

I really liked both the vacuum bag skirt and the solo cup dress. I hope both designers keep up the good work.

I also really liked the top the one girl made by braiding mop heads together.

I'm glad they gave the rocker chick another chance. Yeah, her outfit was hideous, and, according to the editing she totally threw it together at the last second, but with luck she will make some cool, edgy pieces.

I get that Blayne wanted to do something outre, but it looked harajuki girl gone horridly wrong. Also, and this goes for all contestants, stop trying to have a catchphrase. Christian and "fierce" irritated the heck out of me, and I *liked* Christian.

Good call on eliminating the raincoat guy. I saw the stuff he normally designs, and cannot fathom what his vision was for this challenge. Didn't he specifically say that he thought the other people were wrong for trying to be innovative? When that was what the whole challenge was about? And then he created the hazmat suit? Sorry buddy, I would have eliminated you also.

Lots of solid, middle of the road stuff. Everyone looks talented IRL. I hope that bodes for an awesome season!

Hair by Tribephyl

07-18-08, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
I forgot about the mop outfit....that, too, showed creativity.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
>I forgot about the mop outfit....that,
>too, showed creativity.

As did I..gee, there were just SO many of them to wrap the brain around, but yes, that was quite ingenius to braid those mops into a cute little top! She deserved the kudos she got for that! It'll be interesting to see what goes down this season: I have a feeling there will be some women who are going to stand out in the crowd this time, for a change! Nice job, jbug, et. al!! THANKS AGAIN! Love your efforts!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-08 AT 07:07 PM (EST)

Dishonorable mentions.

Black trash bag dress/labcoat from hell -- Tough call. Both designs were fugly as all heck but the labcoat thing also had an added level of creepy. My personal preference? I'd have sent her home first -- wrapped in cheap garbage bags.

However, Blayne's weird diaper leotard thing was equally horrific LOL.

Oh yeah, having a weird diaper/codpiece covering my crotch and belly is going to happen. LOL

Honorable mentions.

I have two.

First is the mop dress. I loved this, and I think Terri is just as clever and resourceful as Kelli.

I also liked the pasta dress by Joe. It was clever, and the skirt had great movement even under the weight of the pasta.

I will say this for the choices both good and bad for this bunch; at least they stayed away from tablecloths!

ETF: candy to pasta

07-21-08, 09:08 AM (EST)
12. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
I forgot about the pasta dress (I don't think it was candy) That was some good ingenuity as well. Thanks for posting it.

So it really goes to show you, there is a drastic difference between those with creativity and those who took the tablecloths. It was either hit or miss. You rocked or you stunk profusely.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-21-08, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Argh the tablecloths drove me nuts. Kind of like in the first episode of season 3 when they had to make an outfit using stuff from their apartments and Keith made a dress using sheets. Granted, it was a very nice dress, but it was still fabric. The fact that Micheal never got any mention for his AWESOME dress out of coffee filters still bugs me.

Anyhoo, I hope the ones who used tablecloths step it up in future challenges. I'm glad they kept the rocker chick. When it comes right down to the bottom two piles of crap, I'd rather wear the black garbage bags than the creepy lab coat. She may be around awhile now too and she seems pretty funny. It always seems like the non-eliminated member of the bottom two in the first episode winds up staying a long time. Heck, Jeffrey was in the bottom two the first episode and wound up winning!

Loved the ingenuity of the top designers. Using the notebook binding as clasps was genius and the plastic cup guy did a great job molding those to fit his model. I also loved the mop heads and thought she should have been in the top 3 over the one who used the vegetables. Korto (I think) was smart to use some produce/food items, but the way she put them on there seemed like an afterthought. Plus, she seems like she has a bit of an attitude which bugged me.

Place witty comment here.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Too many designers to tell them apart yet, but I did love the top two (the vacuum bag skirt and the blue plastic cup sheath). We should savor this season since it is the last on Bravo, with the current production company, and who knows what will transpire when it jumps to Lifetime.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-08 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

who knows what will transpire when it jumps to Lifetime.

Each designer will explain his/her garment in the context of a heartwrenching story of betrayal, loss and self-discovery accompanied by a mimed performance starring Kelli Martin, Veronica Hamel, Billy Campbell or another "made for TV" actor. Andre will guest judge every episode and Kleenex will be a major sponsor.

07-21-08, 01:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: July 17 - Talk to me!"
Guest starring Melissa Gilbert and Meredith Baxter-Birney.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Yea! The wait is over . . ."
I just love Project Runway. It's a wonderful combination of great fashion and snarkiness. And I get to give my unsolicited opinion of everyone. So we have . . .
Blayne who is a perfect example of why a man, even a gay man, should never be allowed to define a term like "girlicious". Was his gross woven thing a swimsuit? dance leotard? bodysuit? medieval torture device? And having the weave be white and over the middrif (sp?) makes anyone look chunky.
Daniel who was a genius with plastic cups. I suspect he'll have a good showing this season.
Emily who made an enormous neck ruff over a fairly inconsequential dress - though I love her personal style. I want the shoes she wore to Gristedes.
Jen who would have been called on the carpet for her boring ruffled dress (1988 anyone?) had 3 of her competitors not screwed up.
Jerell who managed to line his one-shoulder lawnchair bodice with mini umbrellas without jamming them directly into the model. I liked it.
Jerry who thought using a shower curtain to make a raincoat was innovative. Oh dear. I have to wonder if he would have bested Stella had he just styled his model differently. Lose the gloves, boots and hat; upsweep the hair, add bright heels with matching belt and tell her to walk with attitude. Either way, it was a disaster.
Joe who glued pasta to a skirt and didn't cook any of it for dinner. The result was cute, but I don't think it was beyond that.
Keith who made a dress we've seen before with a tablecloth.
Kelli who won by wisely avoiding obvious fabric substitutes and adding her own artistic vision. Reminded me of Jeffrey's ugly/beautful recycled dress that I loved.
Kenly who made a rubber ball bodice for an A cup but managed to stuff a C into it. I actually thought this was pretty cute, and like Emily, I love her personal style.
Korto who took the easy way out with a tablecloth but managed to create a beautiful garment.
Leanne who glued sweets all over the fashion equivalent of a ball of cotton candy. I thought it was fairly awful.
Stella who must not shop for garbage bags very often. And I'm confused. Heidi said that the judges don't know who Stella is as a designer. Does anyone here have that problem? Stella designs clothing that is black, tight, grommeted, corset-tied and typical of the rock-n-roll uniform (thus proving that even rebels conform to a standard).
Suede who designed a tablecloth sheath camouflaged with poo bags. This is another designer who would have had to defend his choices if 3 of his competitors hadn't screwed up so completely.
Terri who made me appreciate macrame, which is no longer relegated to being a craft for people who love truly heinous planters.
Wesley who also likes a yellow tablecloth. He just doesn't like it well enough to create a unique garment. He's kind of smug and I don't think I'm going to be a big Wesley fan.

Can't wait 'til next episode!

07-21-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Yea! The wait is over . . ."

>Kelli who won by wisely avoiding
>obvious fabric substitutes and adding
>her own artistic vision.
>Reminded me of Jeffrey's ugly/beautful
>recycled dress that I loved.

If she spit marked, or rubbed it in the grass, I was gonna curl up and keep myself in a coma until the end of the season. But loved it anyhow. We are talking about Vacuum cleaner bag lady, right?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-21-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Yea! The wait is over . . ."
In Jen's defense, I was pretty impressed that her dress stayed together as well as it did since she used paper towels. I can't even rip a paper towel off the roll without it tearing.

Place witty comment here.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-08-08, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Finally Airing in Canada"
Holy cow....we are really behind this time. Guess they wanted it to be a new fall show.

I totally think that mop girl was robbed. Her top was beautiful. I thought garbage bag lady should have gone home. It was fugly. The hazmat suit was bad too, but it had some creativity behind it.

bouncey by Ice

09-09-08, 09:00 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Finally Airing in Canada"
Hold on TriGirl....you're in for a season!!! Enjoy!

JSlice special!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •