The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-22-08, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
OK, we're six weeks in and have seen a lot of each of the designers so far, with every designer being "featured" (Top or Bottom Three) at least once, with all but Blayne having a Top 3 dress (and I think his licious commentary gives him plenty of attention).

At this point, it should be fun to predict which three of our designers will be going to Bryant Park, or perhaps who you want to go. In addition, I'll supply my personal "Power Rankings" of who I think are the strongest and weakest.

Personal Power Rankings:

1) Terri: She hasn't won yet...but neither did Jay McCarroll. She's produced three dresses garnering judging praise, and although I wasn't a fan of two of those, she produced two that I was a big fan of that didn't get recognized. Either way, she's been the one contestant to consistently produce top notch outfits. I fear she is going to get boring soon, especially if she doesn't make a real dress out of real fabric, but for now, she's #1.

2) Joe: He could feasibly have two wins from the Olympic challenge and the Drag Queen challenge. He is one of four contestants who hasn't had a bottom three dress yet and he has produced some standouts. Oh, and he avoided the curse of Team Ugly Brown Fabric. The rare quality, straight male designer. Go figure.

3) Leanne: A personal favorite of mine. She had a stinker (the ugly brown fabric dress) and she had one I didn't like (supermarket challenge). The other four, and they were the last four, include three that I thought were brilliant and should have been Top 3, and one she had no control over (where Kors made a very inappropriate comment blaming her for Blayne's mess).

4) Korto: Two potential winners, one of the few standouts in the supermarket challenge, and only one bottom dress. I don't think she makes it to Bryant Park (see below), but she has been very good so far.

5) Suede: OK, Suede's third person thing is kind of annoying. However, other than three front runners (Joe, Terri, and Kenley), he is the only one not to be called out for a bottom dress. He worked out an ego this week and his strip dress was fantastic early on.

6) Kenley: She annoys me. The cackling laugh, the backstabbing comments (despite that it's my personality too), and the judges love a bunch of her dresses that annoy me with the super high waists. With that said, she's a very strong seamstress and she will be a force in this competition.

7) Stella: Totally hit or miss. Her two "good" outfits were ill-fitted (1st one) or Jerrel's idea. With that said, she has less misses than anyone else remaining and this is where she ends up

8) Jerrel: Too inconsistent. He's had two big stinkers and I didn't think his good dress was that great. His snark is hilarious because it's not too mean, but you don't know what is coming, which is disconcerting

9) Keith: The difference between his one-note and Laura/Rami's one-notes is simple: their one-notes sound good. Sure, Laura's dresses were the same tight fitting, black and white, outfits every week. And yes, Rami draped to his heart's desire. But those both looked classy from week to week and were really well done. Keith's fabric swatches are more like Angela's flowers and bubble skirts: can be slutty x3.

10) Blayne: He needs to do something fast. Daniel Vosovic's awesome blog this week on BravoTV points out that Blayne's edge always seems superfluous and tacked on. I agree, and I'm waiting for Blayne to do something. Step it up.

As for Bryant Park,

I wish: Joe, Korto, Leanne (Doesn't match up with power rankings, but I think Korto's more interesting and unpredictable than Terri, even if not the better designer)

I think: Joe, Kenley, Terri

No mortal locks yet in the "I think" slot, though I think Kenley needs to screw up real bad to not be there.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... mindy23 08-22-08 1
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... nailbone 08-22-08 2
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... aquariaqueen 08-22-08 3
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... toddE 08-22-08 4
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... moonbaby 09-03-08 5
 RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/B... Fishercat 09-03-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
Thanks for such a detailed description of each designer! I appreciate that-really brings some things to mind, and helps point out things that I may have forgotten.

I personally can't STAND Kenley, and am hoping she screws up big time, either with a design or else her personality is just going to do her in. Of course, Laura's didn't, and neither did Wendy Pepper's, so I guess that doesn't really matter, does it??

I'm just saying that I HOPE she doesn't make it to Bryant Park. Couldn't stand listening to her, watching her snarky face, for much longer, especially during the height of the contest.

I agree that it's pretty tough to decide between Terri and Korto. I think Terri is a black horse who is being over-looked for whatever reason. Not sure. She hasn't gotten a stand out yet, but hopefully something will click to put her on top soon. She really IS good.

Korto has been basically great from day 1. As has Joe, IMHO. I'm hoping he will be at Bryant Park. Why not? Jeffrey was straight and a great! RIGHT??

Leanne needs to stepp it up, personality-wise AND with her designs. She is good, but she's just not shining in a way that catches the judges' eyes yet. She needs just the right competition to do that. I do think that Blayne is on his way out, and has been since the whole "brat" calling from Brooke. He is being watched, and is on very thin ice!!

Suede? I dunno about him OR Stella. Neither of them really click with me yet. I do think Keith will be the next to go if he cuts one more peice of fabric into a strip!!

So, my hopes and dreams for Bryant Park: Joe, Terri (or Korto) and I'm holding out a blank spot for Leanne to see what she can do...OH as for Jerrel? He may surprise us all. I think it's there, but he needs to focus. We'll see, huh??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-22-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
I's swap Kenley and Korto in the rankings, but other than that I agree.

And I think your top 3 plus Kenley make the final 4. Beyond that, too close to call.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-22-08, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
I am expecting Korto in the finale' probably with Joe and Kenley. Korto or Joe winning would probably suit me.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-22-08, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
1 and 2: Kenley and Terri have shown me that they are head and shoulders above all the other designers this season.

3 and 4: Joe and Leeanne: Both solid designers, but none of their work, with the exception of Joe's drag outfit this week, really stand out.

5,6 and 7: Korto, Suede and Stella. Korto's aesthetic is unappealing to me, but she has a point of view. Suede doesn't have a distinct style to me, and is annoying, but he makes some good clothes. I have a soft spot for Stella. I prefer her aesthetic to Korto's and am glad that she has done some good work, but I still haven't seen that she can be upscale enough to be a real contender.

8,9 and 10: Jerrell, Blayne and Keith. I have hated almost everything these 3 have done, and none of them are likable personalities either. Jerrell did get robbed when he and Stella lost to Keith on the Brooke Shields challenge, but he also did that fugly Olympics outfit that should have gotten him eliminated. I think every single thing Blayne and Keith have done has been craptacular. Boo to both of them.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-08, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-08 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

I see good things from Terri, Joe and Korto. Suede can be a contender, too-whether I like it or not.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-03-08, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Project Runway Power Rankings/Bryant Park Thread (Top 10)"
I'll have a new set of power rankings tomorrow. Let's just say there's a new #1, a new #2, and the only one staying where he is is Blayne. It's shuffle time!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •