The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-13-07, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Steve, IMHO, you had one of the WORST EVER tasks to date! Who, in their right minds, brings in a wedding dress to have it made over?? Well, I suppose it could be a very special item to a woman who's lost tons of weight, but I totally understand how stumped you must have been trying to figure out what to do with that!

BUT, in the end, you were 'aufed', and I'm really sad, because I love, LOVED, your personality!! Too many others have made (uhhhhh, RICKY) mistakes, and have been allowed to stay and try again, but I guess Michael has some sort of 'problem' with French Maids, eh??

Anyway, last night's episode was good in that it kept all the contestants in the REAL world for a change-well, except for Christian, who had a 2-4 size yet again! But, in OUR world, women are NOT there yet, and may never be. We are 8, 10, and over the hill, ya'll!! So, deal with it, and make us something lovely!! Why is it so hard to imagine fashion on someone over size 4???

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... ginger 12-13-07 1
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Tiggertramp 12-16-07 16
       RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Tahj 12-17-07 17
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... frodis 12-13-07 2
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... geg6 12-13-07 3
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Ahtumbreez 12-13-07 4
       RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... geg6 12-14-07 11
           RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Ahtumbreez 12-18-07 20
           RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... NewFan 12-27-07 22
               RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... EMTBGRL 12-27-07 23
                   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Snidget 12-27-07 24
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... arkiegrl 12-13-07 5
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... anotherkim 12-14-07 9
       RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... geg6 12-14-07 12
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Sunny_Bunny 12-13-07 6
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... eire_heart74 12-13-07 7
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... geg6 12-14-07 13
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... aquariaqueen 12-13-07 8
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... NewFan 12-18-07 21
 RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Fishercat 12-14-07 10
   RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... geg6 12-14-07 14
       RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... aquariaqueen 12-14-07 15
           RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... Snidget 12-17-07 18
               RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very... flystorms 12-17-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Yeah, I feel like two of the better designers went home. And I will really miss Steven's comments.

On the other hand, he could have made a decent white skirt out of the dress and bought simple black material for a blouse. He kind of brought the disaster on himself.

Jillian seems the most consistent right now, even though she talks as if she's a Prozac spokesmodel.

I thought the Rainbow Water Sprite Girl looked totally shocked not to be sent home last night.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-16-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Prozac spokesmodel....Ginger, you slay me! Giggle inducing poster is what you are.

I miss Jack. I hope they bring him back next season just due to the 'no control' health reason that sparked his departure. Jack is very talented, and I want to see more from him. Unlike Elise, who is not only freaky, but sews like a kindergardener.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-17-07, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I was thinking the same thing about Jack. I hope they do give him a slot next year. It's only fair, especially since they gave that dorkwad Daniel a second chance.

I disagree about Elisa. She's more than quirky, yeah, but she's come up with some good designs. I even liked this episode's outfit and I think it looks good on her model.

Tribe rocked my sig!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I really like Steven, so I was really sad to see that mess that he made. I really think he talked himself out of making anything with the wedding dress before he even started.

I'm also sad that Jack had to leave.

I like Chris so I'm glad he's back, but I'm afraid he's not long for the runway.

~Holiday cheer from Tribe!~

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Okay, since Arkie isn't around. Here are the designs:

Sweet P:

I guess this is okay. It doesn't wow me and it doesn't disgust me. Just okay.

Jillian:

Very nice dress. But she didn't really follow the rules of the challenge, IMHO. I don't understand why she couldn't have. Much as I like the design, I would have had a major problem with that if I'd been judging. It just wasn't fair.

Ricky:

This looks like something that could have come out of my own closet. (Except the cropped jeans. I hate any sort of capri or cropped pant. Cropped pants should be outlawed because if someone like me with a 34" inseam looks horrible in them, no one looks good in them.) This is Ricky's best since the babydoll cocktail dress.

Chris:

Dood, I lvoe ya but that looks like something my mother wore back in 1949 except she would not have had such garish colors. Here's hoping our Chris loses that whole cartoonish, Jessica Rabbit thing he's been doing or he'll get aufed again quick as a flash.

Christian:

This was the winning look. And I guess perhaps they were right. It is really young and cute. For a 24 or 25 year old, that is. But it looked like this woman was my age or just a little younger. And I think it makes her look like a desperate old cougar. Sorry, but I would not have picked this to win for that very reason.

Victorya:

Barf. But not nearly as barferific as some others. Though I have to say I've never seen such an ugly bodice on anything ever.

Elisa:

I'm sure a woman who just lost at least 50 pounds is just thrilled to be dressed like the homeless bag lady who picks up soda cans all day in her grocery cart with one cockeyed wheel who I used to see on 5th Avenue in Pittsburgh when I worked in town. Gads, I hate Elisa and her stoopid pretensions to being an ARTISTE!!!!

Kit:

Meh. Okay, I guess. Nothing spectacular and nothing craptacular.

Kevin:

IMHO, this was the design that should have won. A strapless top that didn't need tugging at constantly, a sophisticated and age-appropriate design, and it obviously made the model feel like a million bucks. I certainly thought she looked like a million bucks. I loved, loved, loved this.

Steven:

There are no words to describe how ugly this is. None at all. And, like Jillian, he didn't use the original garment. And his constant moaning and groaning about the wedding gown, the fabric, and his terrible luck made me want to kill him. What an idiot! He could have done something really great with the wedding gown but he got all nose in the air as if he was too great a talent to work with anything as pedestrian as polyester (which is ridiculous since I have a pair of Anne Klein dress slacks that are a poly blend and they cost well over $150).

Rami:

I really liked this, too. The skirt is to die for! He may be my favorite so far. He has a real eye for dressing a woman.

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-07 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

Well, out of these, I like Kevin's the best. Not really knowing what the challenge was (I can come close to a guess tho) I agree that Steven's was the worst. Lackluster comes to mind.

And why did Jack leave? *pout*

winterized by agman
edited to add: thanks for posting the pics geg!

12-14-07, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Sorry, Tummy. The challenge was that all of the models had just lost tremendous amounts of weight. I forget who lost how much, but all of them have lost over 50 and some over 150 lbs. They came out wearing their favorite outfit from their overweight days and the designers had to use that outfit to create a new one that flattered their new figures and also showcased the designers' sensibilities. They got $15 to buy buttons, trim, extra fabric, etc.

As for Jack, he apparently had a MRSA infection, which he said he'd suffered from in the past. Because of his HIV status, I think his doctor wanted to get quite aggressive with the treatment and it is apparently not pleasant. So he had to leave to undergo the treatment. It was very sad.

"A single zealot may commence persecutor, and better men be his victims."-- Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781-82

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Thanks geg!

I'm kind of glad I didn't see it, I would have been all weepy and stuff.

winterized by agman

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-27-07, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I saw a spot on the national news talking about this type of infection. They interviewed Jack briefly for the piece. It must have gotten pretty bad because he spent 5 days in the hospital. But he's fine now!

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-27-07, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
>I saw a spot on the
>national news talking about this
>type of infection. They interviewed
>Jack briefly for the piece.
>It must have gotten pretty
>bad because he spent 5
>days in the hospital. But
>he's fine now!

Glad to hear that! I'm sorry for Jack..I'm sure that his immune system probably takes a lot longer to heal. But, - MRSA is extremely contagious..which I wondered about when he was hugging everyone before he left..when we transported people with MRSA we had to wear ALL Body Substance Isolation gear, including masks..That might have something to do with the length of time in the hospital, too. I hope Jack recovers from what is a nasty infection..and it would be nice if he could compete in the Next Season, since he wasn't "auf'd" because of "talent" ya know?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-07, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
It didn't look to be too bad when he left, I think they caught it early. I would expect they had someone come in and do a good disinfect of the living quarters and his works space even if he didn't need special handling on the way to the hospital.

With HIV I assume they wanted to get at least 48 to 72 hours of IV antibiotics to knock it down and then a couple of days to make sure it was dead and gone before they let him leave.

5 days actually sounds pretty short. Too long to be gone from a competition but not bad for as serious as that infection can be.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I don't think Jillian should have been in the top 3, because the challenge was to use their old item of clothing, not go buy some fabric that was the same color, and start with all new material.

I completely agree with you on Kevin's design. He should have won.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."

Agree with everything except Kevin's leggings...those were a deal-killer for me. He had a spectacular top with totally age inappropriate bottom wear--she is FAR to old to be wearing cropped leggings, IMO. A fitted black pencil skirt would have been better--the top and the bottom just didn't go together. Tailored, dressy, chic top and sleazy exercise wear on bottom. WHERE would she wear this in real life?

I like Rami's look much better and it was more age appropriate than Christian's, although I can see why Christian won--he had a complete outfit and it was very commercial and wearable.

Kimmah Says
--Jessica Rabbit was the exact image that came to mind w/ Chris's outfit, too. WTF was with that heinous pleat?

12-14-07, 08:49 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Well, I can't completely disagree with you about the leggings (see my comments above about cropped pants). But she seemed sooooooo pleased with herself that I felt her joy with how she looked. So I'm willing to give him a pass. But, yes, a fab pencil skirt would have been brilliant.

It was the damn pleat that killed it!!!! I might have given the red bow belt a pass if had not been for that awful red pleat. Jessica Rabbit was the first thought in my mind.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-07 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

I got so tired of listening to Steve whine and whine over getting the wedding dress - especially when the solution of what to do with it was staring him in the face. If that was her favorite piece of clothing, then why not make it over into a cocktail length, strapless dress suitable for renewing her vows? The dress had so much material that their would have been enough fabric left over to make a jacket or shrug to go over the strapless top.

Had he stopped bemoaning the cheap fabric, lace etc. He could have really made something special.

Ok, now on to the winner. While I like Christian's jacket, I was more impressed with Kevin's design which his model LOVED, and knew she looked great in. Kevin, IMO should have won.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-13-07, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
It seemed highly unfair for Jillian to be allowed to stay using barely any of the fabric of the orginal outfit and Steven got completely grilled as to why he used next to none of it.

WHich by the way, yes that was an overbeaded piece of wedding cake, not dress to have to work with but thinking about it now, I can't see how he could make a really cool white shirt with beading on it? I mean compared to the others, he did have the most fabric to work with yard wise. And part of me felt bad for the woman that brought it in. It was her wedding dress and no one wants to hear that it's just terrible the way he went on about it. He gave up before he even gave it a chance.

I loved Kevin's simply because the woman that wore it clearly looked thrilled to be in it. Nuff said.

Christian though I think pulled it out of the bag and good for him. I thought it was really cute.

12-14-07, 08:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I kept thinking that a white beaded skirt would have been lovely. That's totally what I would have done. And I agree that he had the most fabric and that should have been an advantage in this challenge.

And, yes, I felt bad for that poor woman whose wedding dress he spent hours and hours dissing and moaning and groaning about. He could have kept his contempt for it less apparent right to her face. I wanted to smack him.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-07, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I would have like to have seen Steven make a white skirt with maybe a white shell with some of the adornments and make a nice fresh smart jacket. And of course something classic at the waist. (But not Chris' red bow!)

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-18-07, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I was totally seeing a cute little white suit with a cropped black jacket and beaded lapel. He kept complaining about what he was stuck with, but in my head, mine was a winner!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Funny. Last time we had a challenge with different types of modelers, and by that I mean non-models, the best designs were on the most attractive women (it was the Moms challenge I believe). The designers couldn't handle a woman who was anything beyond average sized or even skinnier-than-average.

Second verse, same as the first. The Top 3 designs, just from my point of view, were spread across the four most conventionally attractive women (Ricky had the 4th in that quartet). The bottom three, well, it wasn't nearly as extreme as the moms challenge.

I know these are special kinds of challenges, but if this is a trend where the most attractive model = best outfit, they need to level that playing field, even on the special challenges. Either make it a complete crapshoot (like when they have to design for each other) or a relatively equal playing field (like normal models).

As for the challenge at hand, I think Kevin should have won, although Christian's was quite fetching. I thought Jillian's was overrated, but it really was a Top 2 type of challenge. The dress looked like something off a decent department store's rack and it had almost nothing of the old outfit, which Steve got lambasted for.

Based purely on the outfits created, Steve was the right choice...but it was an uphill climb for him no matter what, especially with a wedding dress. wft?

12-14-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Based purely on the outfits created, Steve was the right choice...but it was an uphill climb for him no matter what, especially with a wedding dress. wft?

I completely disagree! It wouldn't have been my first choice for the garment to adapt, but there were lots of things he could have done with it. I kept thinking, "Imagine what Laura Bennett would have done with it!"

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-07, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Laura Bennett would have been the best one for the wedding dress.

At least with the wedding dress, you had some pretty good sized pieces of material to work with.

A Blessed Christmas season to all who welcome the Newborn King into their lives.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
Yep, Laura probably would have rocked the wedding dress.

The harder part of it is every day as a tailored satin dress or suit is not typical day wear, but I would think a nice dinner outfit would have worked for the challenge and not be a special occasion outfit.

Even making a satin throw/cape/hoodie or something over a dress made with mostly other material would be better than what he did.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-17-07, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sad to see Jack leave, our very best to him! Also..."
I kept wondering Steven didn't spend a couple bucks on fabric dye and colored some of that material from the wedding dress. At least then he'd have had some color to work with. Maybe make a fab cocktail dress or something.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •