The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Open Casting Calls"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

kimmenomad 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Open Casting Calls"
Have any of you been to an Open Casting Call or know what they're like? I was wondering what to expect there, like if I need to "camp out" or take any specific items or any useful info you could provide.

Thanks so much!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Open Casting Calls pegasustt 11-16-05 1
 RE: Open Casting Calls EnfanTerrible 11-17-05 2
 RE: Open Casting Calls smokinrenee 11-17-05 3
 RE: Open Casting Calls speechprof 11-17-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pegasustt 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Open Casting Calls"
I haven't been but am thinking of going Saturday.
are you going?
TT

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Open Casting Calls"
If you do a search, you will find at least one who has been to a casting call. Please don't forget to come back and tell us your whole experience!

smokinrenee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-17-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Open Casting Calls"
>Have any of you been to
>an Open Casting Call or
>know what they're like?
>I was wondering what to
>expect there, like if I
>need to "camp out" or
>take any specific items or
>any useful info you could
>provide.
>
>Thanks so much!

HI kimmenomad. I've been to an "open casting call"..and you don't need to camp out!! Just get there early. There will be a registration desk and you sign in and get a 5 page form to fill out while you wait. Usually there will be a former HG there to talk to the group while you wait. I got there at 11:00 (it started at 10:00) and waited 6 hours. They take about 35-40 people in at a time and sit you around this huge table and tell your story in like 3 minutes!!! By the time I was seen, there were still about 100 people to go. The casting asst. was sooo mean. She mustv'e been tired from listening to stories all day....and she basically told us (even those of us in tears from sharing) that we can all go to counseling. Then we were hearded out the door, and we all left feeling like "I waited all day to get 3 minutes of time to share my life and I wouldn't be here if I didn't have any other options". I would give it a shot, but recommend sending in a tape. Save yourself the money...effort...and time. You'll be able to tell your story on tape better than looking at a woman whose job is to weed out the "good candidates". My experience was that the girl who was there for casting was a grouchy, hates her job b****. Hope this helps. Good luck. Maybe WE will be roomates one day if we are lucky.
smokinrenee

speechprof 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-17-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Open Casting Calls"
I've actually been to a casting call and I wouldn't recommend going. Basically, they're weeding out people fast. I got there about 9:00 (it started at 10) and was out by 12:30. They took people in groups of 8. We all sat around a table and "spilled" our guts to a male casting assistant. We were told to keep it short; get to the goal right away and NOT to go back over past history (10 years ago, my mother. . . . ). It was obvious from his nonverbals/body language that he wasn't the least bit interested in any of the story lines. The women I was with were nervous and didn't present themselves well--m3 indluded. If I were you, I'd simply make a tape and send it in. That way you can control what you want to say and NOT get cut off or intimidated by the casting agent.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •