The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
" Please Stop with All The Fake Dates"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
" Please Stop with All The Fake Dates"
One aspect of this show that is really getting are this carefully constructed dating scenarios they come up with. They are just painful to watch and end up making the women look pathetic, desperate, and foolish (ok, maybe some of them ARE those things).

Allison's dating excursions are, if possible, even more painful to watch than those created for PJ season One. And if possible, she acts even more infantile on these things than PJ did, and she is 20 years older!!

I can see offering dating advice to the women if they want it, but what is the point when they are so F A K E... what can they really help??

Here is the recipe for successful dating on SO:

Choose one or more men, way out of the HG's dating league to ensure they are up to HG's high expectations. Carefully coach guy(s) as to what given HG's nut problem is. Write a script for these guys to follow, making sure guy will tell HG just what she wants to hear. Make sure you pay guy(s) well.

When artificially constructed situation is completed, gush to HG about how "successful" she was, as though there was the slightest possibility of rejection.

It is just so pathetic...if they really want to help these women, tell them to stop looking for hotties, and lower their "physical" expectations enough to where they could actually date their male counterpart. Help them learn to deal with possible rejection. Do SOMETHING other than these phony dates which make the woman look gullible and pathetic.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Please Stop with All The Fake ... SeasonedRefinement 11-15-05 1
 Yes, the fake dates are not helping... Angela1928 11-16-05 2
 RE: Please Stop with All The Fake ... EnfanTerrible 11-17-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Please Stop with All The Fake Dates"
Right again, Snowflake. I have no problem with "Dr. Love" coming to the house and giving the single ladies a man's perspective as well as some dating pointers. Some type of group session would be helpful and obviously appreciated. Unfortunately, Allison's never-ending quest for "Boo Boo" forced the ladies to get their advice pretty quickly ("what about me, what about me"? LOL), as they are had a limited amount of time with him before Allison ushered him out of the house (BYE GUYS!!!).

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no reality to these dating scenarios. It's like a Lamaze class for a woman about to give birth for the first time. The neatness and orderliness of the class goes right out the window when the work and mess of REAL labor begins.

And for the record, those two guys would not have been fighting over who was getting Allison's phone number if this was reality. Why in the word isn't this guy telling her to approach men who might really be interested in her. And this has nothing to do with my personal dislike of Allison's emerging personality....but she NEEDS sleeves. Fat is fat. It is unattractive and you don't really want to expose any more of it than you have to when you are trying to look sexy.

Angela1928 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
2. "Yes, the fake dates are not helping the women (more)"
face the real world where it is like swimming in a shark tank.

Too many of the SO house guests have FANTASY expectations about a real realtionship.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Please Stop with All The Fake Dates"
It's good practice though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •