The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ladybug0318 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-05, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 02:09 PM (EST)

Even though the show sucks because you connot connect with the women and there is a lot of crap going on, does anyone learn anything from watching the show? Does anyone learn from what the coaches and Dr. Stan is teaching them? Does anyone learn about I am. That is what I like about watching the show. I learn some things that may help me. Does anyone remember what Dr. Stan taught Christina? About her bulls eye. I missed that part. That thing is interesting and important to know.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? PaintNmyNails 11-15-05 1
 RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? EnfanTerrible 11-15-05 2
   RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? Ladybug0318 11-16-05 8
 RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? Redbud 11-16-05 3
   RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? Amalfi coast girl 11-16-05 4
 RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? misstimberlake91 11-16-05 5
   RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? Snackerson 11-16-05 6
   RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? L_11 11-16-05 7
 RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching? Ladybug0318 11-16-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PaintNmyNails 21 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
I learn things once in awhile. Recently TJ (I think) was being taught to stop over relating to people when they speak to her. I didn't realize it but sometimes I do that to. My client will be telling me a story and I will be like, "Oh that happened to me too one time." I then might go into my own story etc. Not very nice. Sometimes you just need to shut up and listen....lol.

I am a very quiet person and sort of shy. I think I developed this habbit out of nervousness because I don't always know what to talk about with people. Now because of TJ's exercise I am more aware of my habbit of doing it also. Since realizing this I have made my comments relating to other peoples stories much more breif or just eliminated them and let the other person talk.

It is sort of weird that I can relate to TJ in so many ways because she can be so mean and thoughtless. I am a pretty nice person. I am careful not to be cruel to others. I also have a hard time making friends. I tend to isolate myself. I have learning disabilities like her. I wonder if that is why? I dunno but it is strange.

I saw the episode with Christina and the target exercise but I must not have paid much attention. I think it was about learning to have boundaries.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-05, 09:58 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 09:59 PM (EST)

The Bull's eye was about appropriate relationships. It was a giant one, placed on the ground. First she stood in the center and described who should be allowed into that smallest circle with her, and that would be family, a husband or significant other. Then she stepped out to the next ring on the bullseye and that was to be a circle of close friends, and so on until she got to the outer circle where mere acquaintances would be allowed. Then she was given the necklace to remind her. It was a good exercise.

11-16-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
Thanks.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-16-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
Yes!! For all the crap that goes on, I have taken to heart several things, like TJ's four questions to ask before answering. I thought Dr. Stan's bulls eye exercise was great. I thought it was totally lost on Christina though. Although that exercise doesn't apply to me, I did share it with someone whom I thought it would be helpful and she liked it too.

Amalfi coast girl 396 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-16-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
I think that what we learn watching starting over is similar to what the HG learn. We hear and see what we are ready for, no more, no less.

My husband likes the drama on the show and has only picked up a few things here and there. I attempt to watch the show with the intention of seeing how what is happening might relate to something in my life. I would say I pick up something up at least once a week.

My most recent revelation came from observing Allison. She has reminded me that we are all too focused on how we appear on the outside and not who we are on the inside. It has been my experience that some of the most stunningly beautiful people on the outside and not the most lovely on the inside. I think Christina's cute little me act is a great example of this.

misstimberlake91 17 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
I learned that if you have a toaster fire u can put baking soda on it and it will stop burning.

Snackerson 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-16-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
>I learned that if you have
>a toaster fire u can
>put baking soda on it
>and it will stop burning.
>

That is awesome!!!!!

L_11 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-16-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
>I learned that if you have
>a toaster fire u can
>put baking soda on it
>and it will stop burning.
>

Awhile ago, Iyanla said "you get what you believe. Not what you *ask* for, but what you *believe*." I've been thinkin' about it ever since.

Every now and then there will be a zinger like that, that I can use in my own life. Yeah. I'd say I learn stuff from watching.

11-16-05, 01:53 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Do Any One Learn from Watching?"
It's good to hear that people are learning from the show like I do. I think it is still a good show if people are learning from it.

A lot of the women are annoying. Maybe all of them at times.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •