The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-14-05, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know.... What do you think? I just wanted to ask this question directly to ya'll. I'm asking because to me something is going on, and I don't know what it is. It's like something is not being said between these two women. It's as if they're talking around something, but not directly about that something. There is also a way that Iyanla sometimes looks at Jill that comes very close to cutting her eyes at her. At least that's what it looks like to me. Also Iyanla's statement to the camera about Jill either being afraid or lazy just didn't sound right to me. I can't explain it, but it just didn't sound right. I don't know what it is, but something is not right and I just can't put my finger on it. So ya'll come on in here and tell me what you think. Do YOU think Iyanla likes Jill?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? AshLanie 11-14-05 1
   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? jeana28 11-14-05 3
       RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 6
   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 5
   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? bellaluna 11-15-05 16
 RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? ScorpioRising 11-14-05 2
   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? Bebo 11-14-05 4
       RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? ScorpioRising 11-15-05 13
   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 7
       RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? AshLanie 11-15-05 8
           RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? gracelove 11-15-05 9
               RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? AshLanie 11-15-05 10
                   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? gracelove 11-15-05 11
                   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? Redbud 11-16-05 25
               RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? Angelbaby3782 11-15-05 12
                   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? gracelove 11-15-05 21
               RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? ScorpioRising 11-15-05 15
                   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? gracelove 11-15-05 22
                       RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? Redbud 11-16-05 24
               RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 17
                   RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? gracelove 11-15-05 23
           RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 19
       RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? ScorpioRising 11-15-05 14
           RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? MizJazmine 11-15-05 18
               RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill? ScorpioRising 11-15-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-05, 06:52 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
>Yes, No, Maybe, I don't know....
>What do you think? I
>just wanted to ask this
>question directly to ya'll. I'm
>asking because to me something
>is going on, and I
>don't know what it is.
>It's like something is not
>being said between these two
>women. It's as if they're
>talking around something, but not
>directly about that something. There
>is also a way that
>Iyanla sometimes looks at Jill
>that comes very close to
>cutting her eyes at her.
>At least that's what it
>looks like to me. Also
>Iyanla's statement to the camera
>about Jill either being afraid
>or lazy just didn't sound
>right to me. I can't
>explain it, but it just
>didn't sound right. I don't
>know what it is, but
>something is not right and
>I just can't put my
>finger on it. So ya'll
>come on in here and
>tell me what you think.
>Do YOU think Iyanla likes
>Jill?

From the beginning I felt something wasn't right between Jill and IV.

IV seems to ahve NO compassion for JIll. Okay, Jill didn't ahve insurance for the operation BUT still I would think IV would ahve a little bit of compassion.

But as in the past, these LC's do seem to ahve their favorites nd the ones they don't like. IV's fav is Alison and was Rachel last season. Alison having cancer and Rachel's Mom having died from cancer. IV's daughter died of cancer a the age of thirty and think that comes into effect when she is coaching.

Atleast Jill is trying and has completed her assignments and is NOT coming up with new problems when backed into a cornor as Alison does.

But I could be wrong cause I like Jill so my feelings could be bias. I like TJ also and look how she is treated by Rhonda and the housemates. Both have completed their assignments yet are used as the scapegoats for the other housemate's problems.

Sad Sad season three

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-05, 05:57 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
This season seems to be one big PITY PARTY with the exception of T.J. she seems to actually have grown alot, thinking before she talks...etc. i never see her say or act "poor me" she seems like she really wants to work and progress, not set around and cry. or if something doesnt go her way, i have never seen her retreat to bed ( HMM ALISON IS FAMOUS FOR THIS LITTLE ACT). She reminds me of Denise.
I dont see any compassion from Iyanla to Jill. Every time she talks to her, to me she acts like Jill bugs her or annoys her. that stupid mannaquin??? thats not reality Iyanla.. thats your dream..Come on Jill is not stupid. all i can say is, I miss Rana. Rana would be great with Jill. she would have compassion for her, yet make her work..
I guess im just really disappointed in this season. There is no bonding friendship going on. i think they should do what they did for the first season ladies, take them to that survival place, let them do teamworking excerises.. or tie them up for a day. make them depend on each other, learning how to trust.. because right now, everyone is out for blood.. or in allison case ALL THE ATTENTION..

11-15-05, 02:19 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Taking the clothes off the mannaquin to me seems very...I don't know..."small". It's kinda like a non-reward. It's almost like she's being treated like a non-person to me. Like what she feels and thinks isn't important enough or something. I can't quite get it, but it's like she's a "bother". I hope I'm making sense here, because I haven't quite nailed it yet, but IV isn't "embracing" Jill IMO.

11-15-05, 02:09 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Yeah I feel that IV shows a lack of compassion toward Jill as well. I just don't understand why? Jill is not any less than any other woman who has walked through those SO doors. She's owned up to past mistakes. She does her assignments. I mean my gosh the woman has lost 20 1bs. So I don't get it. Is it just simple issue of "favorites"?

bellaluna 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Knowing what I know about the LC's they embrace all the woman and know exactly what motivates them and how hard to push them. All the woman fill out extensive questionnaires and the coaches find out how their brains work and how to work with them. Take me for example. I need to be pushes hard, because my ego gets in the way.

ScorpioRising 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
MizJazmine, look at my earlier posts in the SOH houseguest Forum:

ScorpioRising 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge" 11-11-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
"SOH and IV have failed Jill"
When Jill met with IV a couple of days ago, she expressed her fear of returning home due to “Not having the armor to deal with my mother.” Does anyone recall the fact that this is what Jill identified as her “issue” when entering the SOH during her plasma screen presentation, and IV immediately dismissed the issue that Jill had identified and changed it to weight loss and chaos?
If IV had honored Jill’s request for help in dealing with her mom, perhaps Jill would now have the tools she needed (or at least a start). Instead, Jill is instructed to go outside and yell to the world what she needs????
Sorry for posting so late. I just caught-up on my SO tapes for the last few days.

ScorpioRising 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson" 11-04-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
"Yesterday’s Show - Jill’s Crisis and Lisa’s Incident"
I am at a loss regarding IV’s reaction to Jill’s crisis. The woman doesn’t have health insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, how could IV know that if she just shoots from the hip with her comments before even discussing the circumstances leading up to this point with Jill.
First of all, I haven’t understood IV’s attitude towards Jill since day one. She was very rude to Jill since the beginning when she ‘told her story,” during which a photo was shown of her in a hospital bed after suffering a stroke (or some other catastrophic health crisis) following her surgery for fibroid tumors ten years ago. When Jill threw her head back upon the appearance of the photo on the big screen TV, IV said “what’s all the drama about?’ - Before Jill even had a chance to explain the photo. It was another house guest that said “it’s just the thought of seeing it again” in Jill’s defense. Why couldn’t IV understand that? Yet when Jessica stated crying about the World Trade Center while telling her story, she was entitled to respond to her life incident without judgment. Furthermore, Jill identified her “issue” as to how to deal with her mother who is now sleeping on her couch. Somehow during this same session, IV decided to change her issue to her weight and lifestyle. If anyone remembers, this is the same session when IV said “I know who you are,” “The game is over,” so on and so fourth.
Then Jill’s first assigned to host a mock radio show (in which I was very impressed with her skill/ability) where she was directed to air all of her dirty laundry. How humiliating is that? Followed by the baggage assignment – which personally, I still don’t get (but hey, I rarely “get’ many of the assignments). And carry the baggage she did - for days!!!!!
In an earlier post concerning Jill, someone said that it was safe to assume that the cast is medically cleared for the show. Well, we now know that that is not true. But let’s be honest, we all know that the show is going to do two things. Pay for and Jill’s medical care, since they failed to medically clear her and assigned inappropriate tasks for someone in her medical condition (hey, they paid for Josie’s prenatal/postnatal care and delivery). And, exploit her condition as a vehicle to highlight fibroid tumors, thus making the show look good. Better yet, maybe Starting Over can also use this as a vehicle to show what can happen to people who don’t have health insurance!
Jill is the most intelligent guest in the house and unlike many others in the cast had already accomplished some things in life. She is the product of many different life/social circumstances which unfortunately add up to a negative. I don’t have time to dissect what I’m referring to (another day when I have more time). I doubt if the Starting Over house is really the place for her. At this point, the limitations of the life coach’s are so glaringly obvious that I think they need to consider hiring licensed psychologists/psychiatrists for next season. IV is incredible with couples, bit she misses the mark with women (such as Jill) sometimes.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-05, 08:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Please don't copy and paste your posts into multiple threads. Posting the same message multiple times is a violation of our community guidelines.

11-15-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
>Please don't copy and paste your
>posts into multiple threads.
>Posting the same message multiple
>times is a violation of
>our community guidelines.

Sorry, I didn’t know, just wanted to share my thoughts with MizJazmine.

11-15-05, 02:47 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Ya know what you're saying is true! Her primary issue for being in the house was to deal with her mother and they did change that to weight and chaos. It's like Jill's been "suspect" with IV from day one. IV's attitude has made me think about Debra, and I NEVER think about that woman, but it's almost like she thinks Jill is a con artist or something. Now I realize Jill has made some poor choices in her life, but it's almost like IV is judging her for that.

I thought I understood IV and Jill's first meeting where IV tells Jill she's not gonna go for any of her cons, but now as time has gone and I've observed and thought about it I'm wondering if IV was trying to make Jill the "villian" for the season. But it didn't work because Jill really wants to face her life and heal for real. Even IV's little statement to the camera that Jill might be lazy was ugly to me. I was soooo proud of Jill when she showed up to her session with IV with that 9 page plan! I was like, "THAT'S RIGHT, YOU GO JILL!" Because I felt like IV didn't even have that expectation of Jill!

Jill is intelligent. From the moment I began to get to know her, I've always felt that she has a big heart and a lot of compassion for people. Sure she has made some mistakes in her life, but who hasn't? But she's trying and she's not BSing. I think Jill is a beautiful woman...I reall do (can you tell I like her! lol). I just really wish IV would get past whatever mental box she has placed Jill in and really really help Jill heal her heart, because Jill is willing. Jill is showing up. Now if only IV would show up.

11-15-05, 06:48 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
That's it!!!!!!!!!!

Jill is there in body, mind, and soul but IV isn't!

You hit ot right on target.....

gracelove 15 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 09:31 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-15-05 AT 09:27 AM (EST)

I am a big fan of this show and this is my first time coming to this site. I had to register just so I could respond to this. I am very shocked by what I am reading in these SO threads. Are we watching the same show? Thank GOD than none of you are life coaches. Iyanla's role is not to be liked. It is to coach them. That sometimes looks ugly and harsh and mean, especially when you are not seeing what the coaches see. I in no way see Iyanla as not liking Jill. I see her as caring enough for Jill to not let her destroy her life in drama and destructive behavior. How is Jill gonna deal with her mother when she has not dealt with her own issues? Maybe Iyanla saw that the issue is NOT with her mother, but with her. And even if it is about mom, remember last season Kim did not even sit down with her sister until the end of the season.

I am just completely lost as to what you women are watching and getting from this show. No she does not have insurance, but is the tumor going to go away? THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!!! The tumor is risking her life and she KNEW she had it and did nothing about it. Having no insurance does not mean you ignore your health. It means you find a way to work through it. And look at what happened when Iyanla coached Jill OUT of her drama and got her to focus on what needs to be done - SHE IS NOW FINDING A WAY.

Coaches are there to give the housemates what they need to grow. That is not gonna look the same for everyone. I believe when Iyanla said in the beginning "I know you" it may have been because she WAS Jill, and knows what she is going through and understands what it is going to take for her to have her breakthroughs. I don't see how you could be a fan of this show and have some of the responses that I see on this board. It is like the lessons are not even being seen.

OH and one more thing, if you are watching the show, you know that Jill started out talking about her mom being her issue, but her goal in the house is this:

Come out of Hiding: Build Personality Profile, Eliminate Chaos, Vision Correction, Claim Personal Power, Lift off

And THAT is what Iyanla is there to help her do.

11-15-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
shaking head

Well one can disagree BUT attacking me is not acceptable, either by me or the forums rules.

Well, if IV would help her do that it would be nice...IV sems to have more comapssion for a whore who is still hustling within the house than she does for Jill.

11-15-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
How did I attack you? Unless I am doing it wrong, there seems to be no way to reply generally and not to a specific post. So I replied to the last post on the board. My comments were general though, not directed at you specifically. If you thought I was attacking you, I apologize.

I see Iyanla as having great compassion for Jill. She has held Jill in her lap and let her cry, embraced her consistantly, almost cried for her regarding the illness. We just see it different.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
>shaking head
>
>
>Well one can disagree BUT attacking
>me is not acceptable, either
>by me or the forums
>rules.
>
>
>Well, if IV would help her
>do that it would be
>nice...IV sems to have more
>comapssion for a whore who
>is still hustling within the
>house than she does for
>Jill.

AGREED ASHLANE!! (on BOTH points)

Angelbaby3782 23 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
in jill's defense, she said the reason that last fibroid tumor was not removed was because the doctors felt it was too close to a vein and it was not safe. maybe i'm different from everyone else but if i had a docotr, a specialist, tell me that they did what they could but there was something left that they could not remove because it would be dangerous, i would accept that as fact. yes, i am sure jill is in pain and i feel sorry for her. in order for her to get pain medicine she would need, im sure she would have to have health insurance which she cant get know because of her preexisting condition. its a vicious cycle and this woman is doing the best she can. it seems to me as though she accepted this was part of her life, has learned to deal with it and move on, unlike some other person inthe house. but honeslty how would you feel if a doctor told you this was how things had to be and then some other person comes along and berated you for not doing something about somethign you thought you had no control over int he first place. it just doesnt seem right to me

11-15-05, 07:36 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
But when it wasn't removed, it also wasn't 40 lbs. Being overweight, chain smoking and ignoring your health, especially with no insurance, in my opinion is not doing the best you can. And that is what got her in the position she is in now. Her way didn't work. And this is coming from a person (me) who has a weight problem, fibroids and no insurance. Jill's experience and everything Iyanla has told her has been a gift to me, because it made me think of how critical my health is and what can happen when it goes ignored.

She has a 40 lb tumor. 40 LBS!!! THAT IS A CHILD. Tumors grow. It was not always that size and could have been dealt with a while ago had she addressed it. And I understand the healthcare dilema, I really do because I am going through it. But I have been inspired to find a way. There is always a possibility. I always feel that is one of the important elements of the show. Seeing what is possible. Because to make excuses and say, oh well I just have to deal with it gets you to a state where your life is literally at risk.

11-15-05, 02:06 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
"OH and one more thing, if you are watching the show, you know that Jill started out talking about her mom being her issue, but her goal in the house is this:
Come out of Hiding: Build Personality Profile, Eliminate Chaos, Vision Correction, Claim Personal Power, Lift off"

Gracelove, these are not the steps that Jill created for herself – these are the steps that were created for her. The SO houseguest do not create their own steps.

I think that you are missing the point; IV’s approach to Jill was off from the very beginning. We do not know what IV meant when she told Jill “I know who you are.” She never clarified that statement for us. No one expects for the life coaches to coddle the houseguests. However the HG’s aren’t supposed to be met with hostility either. Judgment was passed on Jill day one! Plain and simple – none of the other houseguests have ever been treated in that manner in the history of the show.

11-15-05, 07:43 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
To me, none of the housegests are treated the same because none of them are the same. They are all different people. If I am being truthful, I just think Iyanla knows that Jill is dramatic.

Even though no one is saying it, I honestly think people think Jill is being treated more harsh because she is very overweight and moves slow, and it is perceived that she can't handle it and Iyanla is overworking her.

I do understand that Iyanla created the steps, though.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-05, 09:52 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
>To me, none of the housegests
>are treated the same because
>none of them are the
>same. They are all different
>people. If I am being
>truthful, I just think Iyanla
>knows that Jill is dramatic.

Agreed, each should be treated according to their personality. However, Jill is not the dramatic one when you compare her to Allison.
>
>Even though no one is saying
>it, I honestly think people
>think Jill is being treated
>more harsh because she is
>very overweight and moves slow,
>and it is perceived that
>she can't handle it and
>Iyanla is overworking her.
>
>I do understand that Iyanla created
>the steps, though.

For me that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. In my eyes Allison is indulged and loved and gets sympathy at every turn. Jill often (not always) gets harsh words. IV's reaction to the news of Jill's tumor was nothing short of horrific. Not even an "I'm sorry for you". I like IV but I do feel she has been cold and not compassionate to Jill at times. I haven't seen Jill play the drama queen at all.

11-15-05, 05:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
gracelove the reason I started this thread was because I wanted to know what others who watched to show observed concerning IV and Jill's relationship. That's why I asked the question the way I did with yes, no, maybe, I don't know. We can all watch the same show and have a different take on what we've seen based on our own life experiences...it's all good. That's in part why I think we all come here to share whether it be in agreement or disagreement.

In observing IV since she came to SO, I think in her working with Jill is the first time I've EVER seen her just "do" the "job" of a Life Coach. What do I mean by that? I've always seen IV "fully engage" which ever houseguest she is working with. She gets all up in their stuff and pulls them through, with them kicking, screaming, and crying the whole way. With IV I have NEVER observed it being soley about the "do" but rather about the "be". Do YOU remember Kim? (I'm not saying that in a mean way either, but think about it in the context of this paragraph). IV could "do" the LC job blindfolded that's not my issue. It's her lack of being "fully present" with Jill that I feel I've observed that bothers me.

While I can appreciate your comments about the tumor. I think a major part of the WHY Jill didn't deal with it has a lot to do with her brokeness. She hasn't been strong enough. Jill hasn't been emotionally & spiritually healthy which is manifesting physically. Jill's mother has been living with her for 3 years, and we really don't know what that's been like for her, but she's ready NOW. Jill is "fully present" NOW and IMO IV's NOT. I agree with ScorpionRising. The other stuff wasn't her goal. Dealing with her mother was.

I still don't think IV is "fully engaging" Jill. IV is not up underneath Jill. It's something I "feel". You feel IV is doing a fine job and that's okay, but if I had a Life Coach I would hope they would want my "doing" to come out of my "being".

11-15-05, 07:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
I see what you are saying, but to me Iyanla is fully engaged - it just looks different. Because Jill has different needs. Jill is a very strong personality and she knows it. And she is dramatic. And that gets in the way of her healing. She has to cut through that to get her where she needs to be.

11-15-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
Okay, but give me some examples of what YOUR seeing because I've been just really wondering if I'm "seeing" things. I've always watched SO from an emotional place. I really plug in on an emotional level because when it's all said and done I'm left with me! So while I'm looking at the houseguest, I'm thinking about me and people I know or have met and different interactions. I also LOVE when a HG get's it! That's a beautiful thang

11-15-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
IV's attitude has made me think
>about Debra, and I NEVER
>think about that woman, but
>it's almost like she thinks
>Jill is a con artist
>or something.
MizJazmine, we are on the same page with regard to IV’s attitude towards Deborah. Actually, I think that Deborah had a chemical imbalance. The only SO staff member that picked this up was Dr. Stan.

Now I realize
>Jill has made some poor
>choices in her life, but
>it's almost like IV is
>judging her for that.
I agree!

>I thought I understood IV and
>Jill's first meeting where IV
>tells Jill she's not gonna
>go for any of her
>cons, but now as time
>has gone and I've observed
>and thought about it I'm
>wondering if IV was trying
>to make Jill the "villian"
>for the season.
I felt IV’s was out-of-line when she spoke to Jill in the manner that she did during Jill’s introduction. And there was no compassion or understanding when Jill explained the photo of herself in the hospital bed.

But it
>didn't work because Jill really
>wants to face her life
>and heal for real. Even
>IV's little statement to the
>camera that Jill might be
>lazy was ugly to me.
>I was soooo proud of
>Jill when she showed up
>to her session with IV
>with that 9 page plan!
>I was like, "THAT'S RIGHT,
>YOU GO JILL!" Because I
>felt like IV didn't even
>have that expectation of Jill!
DITTO!

>Jill is intelligent. From the moment
>I began to get to
>know her, I've always felt
>that she has a big
>heart and a lot of
>compassion for people. Sure she
>has made some mistakes in
>her life, but who hasn't?
>But she's trying and she's
>not BSing. I think Jill
>is a beautiful woman...I reall
>do (can you tell I
>like her! lol). I just
>really wish IV would get
>past whatever mental box she
>has placed Jill in and
>really really help Jill heal
>her heart, because Jill is
>willing. Jill is showing up.
>Now if only IV would
>show up.
To be honest, considering all of things that we have mentioned in our earlier threads, I think that IV has really made an a$$ of herself in working with Jill. What should have been IV’s greatest work, has turned-out to be her least impressive in my book.

11-15-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
ScorpionRising you and I are truly watching the same show! You know I have even thought to myself if it's what I call the "Highlander Syndrome" going on. You know...THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! There can only be one black person, there can only be one sickly person, there can only be one educated person, ect. I'm really wondering because it somewhat feel like it. I would really hope that this was not the case though. Even watching today's show when Jill was talking about that cupcake incident, there just seemed to be a "coldness". Like Oh...yeah...NEXT.

11-15-05, 06:16 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Does Iyanla LIKE Jill?"
MizJazmine, darn, I won’t get to see this for a couple of days. I tape the shows and then catch-up every few days. Apparently the viewers saw Jill’s last birthday party and were really impressed with it.

Regarding the "Highlander Syndrome," I’ve never understood that mindset. Why can’t we all just be who and what we are, better or worse, and live in this world (or the SO house for that matter). As long as someone isn’t infringing on another, let people just live and be. Unfortunately, you are right in that there are those who feel “there can only be one.”

I’m certain that as soon as Jill is able to get her health issues sorted-out and develop the tools necessary to deal with her mom, she has a promising future in store. Unlike many of the others in the house, she is so bright and talented. It is a shame to see her hindered by all of the life/social circumstances which unfortunately add up to a negative. I completely understand where she is, just doesn’t seem as though IV does.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •