The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

compassionate observer 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-06-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
I would like to go to the forum boards and read about how the show has affected your life, instead of reading about what kind of dirt you can dig up on a HG or how you can't stand their whining, outfits, hair style, figure, etc...
Isn't the purpose of the show to mirror the issues and character defects we all have? I see SO as a catalyst for change -like a toolbox for life.
Some episodes have left me feeling pretty raw and ashamed,some have left me tearful for days, some have left me feeling understood because they gave voice to one of my issues.
When I feel overwhelmed by what I've experienced on a particular episode, I know that it has triggered something in me that I need to take a closer look at
I would like to know how todays show has affected your perceptions. Did it bring up some strong feelings for you? can you relate to a particular HG? what would your reaction be to an exercise? Have you thought about any changes you need to make as a result? We need to take the focus off of the HG faults and take a closer look at our own, and how we can grow from them. Peace.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... shayshay1 11-06-05 1
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... bentherdunthat 11-06-05 2
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... JackDaniels 11-06-05 3
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... Serenity 555 11-07-05 4
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... ochooker 11-07-05 5
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... GnarlyId 11-07-05 6
 RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds... Bebo 11-07-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-06-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
First of all this is a reality show,We dont have to dig dirt on the hgs the lc's do that them selves we dont have to take our focus off the hgs faults the life coaches are the ones who keep brining them up, .

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-06-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
No offense, compassionate observer, but you may not be very happy on this board. Other "starting over" message boards might better suit what you are looking for.
To give you a better idea what this board is about, I'd suggest you closely read the rules for this board.
I'm glad that the show has triggered some powerful emotions for you and has led the way for some insights for you personally.
My personal opinion is that the quality of the show has deteriorated. The significance and power of starting over has been lost in the histrionics. I used to watch for the wisdom and accumen of the show, but now I find I get entertained by the apathy of the houseguests and the ridiculous assigments.
If you continue to feel that the show has substance, that's great. But for some of us Starting Over has jumped the shark.

JackDaniels 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-06-05, 10:51 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
YOU WANT TO END THE GOSSIP AND BACKSTABBING?

Let the gossip and the backstabbing in the house stop immediately. Have IV and Rhonda nip it in the bud instead of allowing it to continue for the drama and the ratings! What good for the show is good for the fans.

Serenity 555 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-07-05, 00:32 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
I agree with you....I find a lot of the gossip & opinions so harsh (concerning the houseguests). These women have all seemed to go through Hell in their lives. How do we (the TV watchers) know how WE'D react in the exact same cirumstances?? I'm 55 yrs. old & I don't even know after all the experiences in life I've had (a lot which were pretty bad), how I'd handle it. I think it takes a lot of courage for anyone to admit on TV that they're screwed up....can you imagine knowing that every single person in your life will know your business when you do go back home!!! I really love SO, learning so much (even at my age!!!).

ochooker 96 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-05, 00:38 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
1. Are you one and the same as "Wideeyes" here?

2. Yeah Id love to relate to some of THIS season's women, but unfortunately I'm glad that I dont- to be honest.

3. I use to flip on channel 4 at noon when I was busy around the house for background entertainment, as I loved hearing the "women bonding and inspiration" going on in almost every scene as it seemed to replace the shortage of it in OChook's own world. But...those days are gone. Theres no love. Theres no admiration to be felt. For there is none in the square tube itself...w/exception of Jill's recent issues....theres just no due compassion.

GnarlyId 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-07-05, 03:10 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
You had a great post CO! I've never quite understood all the negativity but I think people are drawn to the show for one reason or another and let's face it, none of us are perfect. So maybe the negativity is leveling or relating a little too much or just being catty. Either way, for a show about women supporting other women and moving their lives forward, I am with you on the hopes that the boards reflect more of that.

I have seen a lot more positive posts on all the boards this season as compared to years prior though. For the most part, people are talking about the actual show and it's actual topics. It's a start.

SO is a great show and I'm really happy that its still around because had I heard a show pitched like this, I would have laughed for hours and thought it would be cancelled in its first season. I think the show is helping people more than we know and I agree with you that it's nice to hear how it is doing that from time to time.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-05, 07:30 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Gossip and backstabbing Impeeds growth!"
Bashing posters and the show is permitted within our guidelines. Criticizing other posters for doing so is not.

If you're looking for a forum that doesn't permit bashing, then this isn't the place for you. But if you choose to continue posting here, please follow our guidelines, and that means not criticizing other posters.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •