The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Iyanla calling Christina out today"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

im5xblest 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-01-05, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Iyanla calling Christina out today"
Was anyone else upset w/ the way Iyanla treated Christina today? I didn't think Christina was "playing her" at all. Jessica totally did not want to be any part of Christina completing her assignment. Did Jessica object that when Christina was hustling people out of chips that it didn't come from her heart? Jessica was NOT being supportive. She said, "If you had just said, 'Is there anything I can help you with...'" but Christina DID say that very thing!! Anyway, I think that Christina DID have reason to be upset by how Jessica was thwarting her efforts, and she was not trying to manipulate Iyanla into believing anything. Did i miss something?! I did not feel it was in Christina's best interest for Iyanla to call her out as a hustler in such a public, cold way when she was not hustling her. I absolutely think she shouldn't get away with it if she truly was being manipulative, but I don't think she was.

5x

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... mystiiicmomma 11-02-05 1
   RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... im5xblest 11-02-05 2
       RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... rookwood 11-02-05 4
           Reply to Rookwook krisdoneen 11-03-05 9
           RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... Redbud 11-03-05 10
 RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... TashaLuv 11-02-05 3
 RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... Peyton1964 11-03-05 5
   RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... im5xblest 11-03-05 6
       RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... rookwood 11-03-05 7
   RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... Redbud 11-03-05 11
       RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... shermie 11-03-05 12
 Complete agreement with you! krisdoneen 11-03-05 8
   RE: Complete agreement with you! im5xblest 11-03-05 14
       Reply to im5xblest krisdoneen 11-04-05 15
 RE: Iyanla calling Christina out to... frogfan72 11-03-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mystiiicmomma 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-02-05, 02:51 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
There has been something wrong with Iyanla from Day One of this SO house, I think. She went into the first day acting like SO/LC Comando or something. I use to have respect for Iyanla and her techniques, but not since I witnessed what happened with Christina today. Jessica is a sad girl, but a manipulator as well, even more so than Christina. At least C did not tell Jessica a lie about why she wanted to do her laundry- J did not tell IV the whole truth about why she did not want C to do her laundry, etc...but she told TJ. Is IV really that ignorant of what is going on in that house? She can count Jills Cigerette butts, but cannot see that Jessica is doing zilch for the house as a whole, or her accountability partner...and she omitts truth as well. Ha, if you ask me, SO this time isn't worth the time...the ones with out accountability are the LC's and the producers of this show. I hate to think what they are doing to Christina and her sons future- did you see the excitement in that girl about that ex-ho turned author amking her a writing assistant? She IS naieve, and SO people are taking advantage of it...she should have better counceling and better assignments than this- like they tried to do with whats her name and the GED stuff, and all that. Teach her how to be a responsible Woman, a strong woman. Not how to cash in on her ill repute! What will she do after that runs out? I am fed up, and will probably stop watching- it is no longer about starting over, is it? MM

11-02-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
wellll, it came up several times in TODAY'S episode that christina DID lie yesterday by blaming her lack of success w/ the day's assignment on jessica. they NEVER made that clear yesterday, but i guess iyanla putting christina on the spot did bring out that truth. anyway, i said that christina didn't lie, but i guess i was wrong. iyanla sure did look as though she was being unfair to christina yesterday, and her confessional explanation of how christina had lied did not clear anything up. however, iyanla could be justified in the dramatic demonstration that she chose because christina did really lie and admitted to it (although it doesn't look as though iyanla knew what she lied ABOUT).

hm.

i think it IS starting over... in slow motion.

and i think it's a weird technique to try to get someone to change to tell them repeatedly that they are a liar.

5x

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-02-05, 07:10 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
Christina "confessed" that she lied because Iyanla TOLD her she lied. C told her boyfriend she hadn't realized she was lying, but she didn't want to be in trouble with IV and so if she said it was a lie, then it must be true. Insane. I didn't see anything today that changed my mind about this. The ONE time C isn't lying or hustling, she gets called a liar and hustler. Total BS!

And yeah - Iyanla has time to count Jill's butts but has NO idea what a manipulating, snotty b*tch Jessica is?! please

I don't think I can take much more of this season. These women have lost their minds - including the coaches.

krisdoneen 9 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
9. "Reply to Rookwook"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-05 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-03-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Exactly... she was being totally straight in explaining her motives, and she's made to "confess" her lie for it. Crazy.

And Jessica was quite pleased with herself, wasn't she... having accomplished that strange plot? Shame on someone, afterall, for asking her help in completing an assignment. If Christina deseves Jessica's help, then she needs to somehow forgot that this was an assignment, making herself not want to complete it, so that she could then have the purest of motives. That seems to be what Jessica wanted.

As a teacher I like to think that my students do their assignments out of the purest of motives (out of the sheer love of learning, you know), but I'm not thinking less of them for wanting their credit at the end of the day. It doesn't mean that they didn't also learn something from it. It was an assignment and yes, Christina wants Iyanla's approval (the credit), but that doesn't mean she wasn't learning from it. Seeking your coaches approval is unavoidable in this house, and if they didn't care about their coaches approval they'd really be chastized as arrogant. I think it's unhealthy to blame her for that. That's crazy-making, to have someone turn on you like that and then pretend to "counsel" you in the bathroom moments later and tell you not to go isolate. Yuck.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"

>And yeah - Iyanla has time
>to count Jill's butts but
>has NO idea what a
>manipulating, snotty b*tch Jessica is?!
>please
>

Exactly!! Why is it Jessica isn't be called on the carpet for refusing to help Christina with her project?! They were distinctly told to support one another. I didn't see Christina or anyone else REFUSE to go to Jessica's "memorial" for her mother. Jessica is a child, believing the world owes her all their attention and that no else should get any.

TashaLuv 6 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
""Iyanla is Leaving The S.O House Anyway"so mabey she's fed up,with the Gals?
And this is No Rumor,I herd it right from Iyania's Mouth,I think about a week ago now.
I have'nt watched much this season and I Never missed a Day,but I got fed up with the Story Lines,and Phoney women and stoped watching for awhile.I do hope things get better after Iylanla leaves,and hope S.O goes back to the Basics.
We Shall See?????

Peyton1964 7 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
Actually, Christina DID blow smoke up her skirt. She lied by telling Iyanla that she didn't know why Jessica wouldn't let her help. Jessica knew that she was trying to do this just for an assignment and not because she wanted to.

I do believe that these assignments that Iyanla has Christina doing are more harmful than helpful. She is causing Christina to be an untrustworthy housemate. If I were there, I would never trust anything she wanted to do.

The ironic thing about this is that the LC's are complaining about how the group in this house is gelling very well and they are assigning things that are causing division!

JMO!

11-03-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
that's true, that they have assigned many divisive projects. i was SO glad that iyanla finally gave them a good tool in defining feedback yesterday. i wrote that stuff down! however, it was NOT necessary to smash allison's attempt to graciously restate the comment for lisa. i thought allison did pretty well, considering what she was asked to say. iyanla left information out when she restated the comment to lisa, and stepped on ali's head to do it.

5x

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-03-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
>allison did pretty well,
>considering what she was asked
>to say. iyanla left
>information out when she restated
>the comment to lisa, and
>stepped on ali's head to
>do it.

I agree with that. What she said SOUNDED much prettier and more like something a Yoruba Priestess would say, but I betcha that if Lisa could see the card and what it REALLY said, she'd have gone, "HUH?"

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
>Actually, Christina DID blow smoke up
>her skirt. She lied
>by telling Iyanla that she
>didn't know why Jessica wouldn't
>let her help. Jessica
>knew that she was trying
>to do this just for
>an assignment and not because
>she wanted to.
>

If I were Christina in that position I would have told IV straight up that Jessica refused to help me even after I specifically told her I needed the help for my project. THen I would have let the tears roll and whined about how difficult it was to grow when your own HGs were refusing to support you! teeheehee

shermie 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-05, 06:19 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
It is about time that someone called Christina out. That girl is is a mess, a liar, is hustling to beat the band. She is rude, smug and unsupportive. IMO, she needs to go.

Missed today, cable was out. Rats. Hope I can catch up tomorrow.

11-03-05, 04:02 PM (EST)
8. "Complete agreement with you!"
I'm in complete agreement with your comments on the way Christina was treated. See my posting in the other thread about Christina? It's subject line reads "Feedback to Coaches" or something like that. Yes, it's kind of a strong statement I made but I was offended at the way she was treated and this isn't the only case like this.

11-03-05, 11:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Complete agreement with you!"
i don't know why, but i can't find your post, kris. *feels silly*

5x

11-04-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
15. "Reply to im5xblest"
Sorry about that. It's in the discussion thread titled "Christina Treated Unfairly." If you scroll down your screen and click on the number "2" you should see this forum, and my posting's in there. =)

frogfan72 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-03-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Iyanla calling Christina out today"
I don't think christina knew what she was doing that time actually...even though she kinda does play her housemates, I think she was doing the best she could but didn't explain it well to jessica. I think that sometimes Iyanla expects the SO women to already be GOOD at things before she teaches them things... and if they were already DOING things iyanlas way, they wouldn't NEED so house, but thats why they are there, and people may TRY to get things right away and need more help. I think iyanla can be harsh at times, and towanda articulated it beautifully in season 2.
frogfan72

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •