The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

OMGIM40 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
I used to love to watch SO...I got my mother involved in it and we used to have really good conversations, regarding how she grew up and stuff that happened to her...Things we never talked about....NOW...Good God!

My mother and I watch this together and sit and yell at the TV. Instead of feeling good at the end, I now am agitated and have a headache.

Is anyone else feeling like this???

What do we have:

1) Allison the self-pity Queen of the Century...She'll never
leave. She's a Life Coach now......puke.

2) Christina the lying, conartist hooker looking for a career
in TV. Set up with Karrine...Who is a fraud.

3) Jessica the Queen of Crying and the expert on everything.
She claims she's media shy, but is in front of cameras
24/7

4) Poor Jill who is continually abused and forgotten.

5) TJ who really doesn't need to be there. I think she's just
fine and will end up nuttier.

6) Lisa....hmmm. I think there's really no use at her age.
She is set in her ways. Her parents like her and are happy
to have her around. Leave it alone and don't alienate your
parents at this point in your life.

Please help me here...Is anyone else left with a headache and blood pressure going through the roof at the end of the hour??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... RosieRoo 11-10-05 1
   RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... OMGIM40 11-10-05 2
       RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... RosieRoo 11-11-05 3
 RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... Labyrinth 11-11-05 4
   RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... OMGIM40 11-11-05 6
       RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... Labyrinth 11-11-05 7
           RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... OMGIM40 11-11-05 8
               RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... Labyrinth 11-12-05 14
 RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... CHRYSTALK 11-11-05 5
 RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... nancydeeann44 11-11-05 9
   RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... OMGIM40 11-11-05 11
   RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... waterbaby 11-12-05 13
 RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... Ijustsharted 11-11-05 10
   RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... OMGIM40 11-11-05 12
       RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile... BlackOnyx 11-12-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RosieRoo 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-10-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
I had to laugh at your post because it is so right on!

The show has certainly lost its genuineness, and its obvious that at least Christina and Lisa do not take it seriously, they need to be booted, its all a big joke to them. But, they will keep them on fo rone reason only - ratings. Even Iyanlya is playing some weird role this year - she should start over.

11-10-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Tell me if you think I'm off on this, but doesn't it seem as if Rhonda and Iyanla have taken acting classes?? I'm serious!! They are always very "aware of the camera" and the drama is WAY over the top. They've even added theme music for each house mates.

Thanks for the input Rosie!

RosieRoo 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 02:02 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
LOL! Acting classes! That's IT!
I knew there was something different about
Rhonda and Iyanlya!! LOL
Seriously, they have taken on a whole new persona,
and they are becoming drama queens!

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Agree - but for me it isn't the HG's and their problems (other then Christina and Lisa JMO)... the problem is how the LC's are dealing with it and the choices in the editing.

We don't have any further background on the HG's. This was a problem for me with the other seasons but it seems worse for this season. The lack of background info places each HG in a vacuum. We can't understand them unless we know more about where they are coming from - Jessica is a case in point.

The LC's assignments - really IV, have lacked any cohesive SENSE. I leave from IV's assignments as confused and befuddled as Christina. What was the purpose of Allison's assignments of being spun around with a blindfold and then her shouting "I want a car!!" are we on the Wheel of Fortune??

I continue to get the feeling that serious problems (i.e. Jill's tumor, Allison alcoholism) should not be touched with a 10 foot pole by this show.

11-11-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
I agree...We know NOTHING about these people. I have been having a fit for weeks about how Jill has been treated. The luggage hauling, etc...Now, I remembered from her day to tell her story that she had a stroke and had lost her sight in one eye...Yet, how many times has it been mentioned?? I don't even think any of the people posting really remembered that. That is HUGE. A stroke at her age!!

And what does IV have the anemic, post-CVA female, carrying around a 40 pound tumor do?? Run around in the sun huffing and puffing and picking up garbage off the ground......Insane stuff.

Or as you would say Lab...SCARY!!!

I need to lie down now...Good God almighty that show has gotten the best of me.....LOL

11-11-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-05 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

I've taken a page from LadyChef and decided that if I catch the show great, but I'm not making a hole in my day to view it. I think with the death of the creator of the show, and the two soap opera writers as the creative direction for the show, and with IV angry about having to stay --- the whole thing is collasping.

I think Christina is full of crap and I'm tired of seeing her silly smirking face. Allison pisses me off with her poor pity me "Don't Steal My Thunder" BS and right now those are the two characters the show is concentrating upon.

IMO Jessica should have graduated; TJ should be giving some life skills with her Dyslexia and get some meds and be graduated. Jill needs to go have some surgery and stop having the SO staff use her as their whipping post.

Some good points ... I have thought about the exercises and I'm using some of them - ADAPTED BY ME! - for my son and his situation. For example, I had two cards, one with the word Kind and the other Compassion. He had to look up the definition and then I laminated the 5x6 index cards. He took them to school and each time a fellow student or teach catches him doing something Kind or Compassionate he gets a sticker on his card.

I think exercises need to be more constructive instead of destructive and dangerous. SHUDDER.

11-11-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Totally agree Lab...I think I'm going to follow you and LadyChef. I feel just horrible after watching the show...It used to be "Feel Good" time...

However, the show is kind of like a car crash...It's hard not to look...ya know?

Hey...BTW....Great idea with the exercise!! Very creative. Maybe all of the parents should do follow your example...You get an A+ (My Board of Review....LOL! )

11-12-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Wow!! Thanks for the A+ - glad I'm not being kicked out of the house!! LOL

I was thinking of starting another thread on asking if anyone else has been inspired to make their own exercises and such. I'll get to that in the next day or so if anyone is interested.

CHRYSTALK 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 10:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
i still like the show, maybe its just hopes that it will improve and some one will get a step or 2. i mean someone should have graduated by now right???? what is up with that? i like christina, she is ok, i really hope that she turned her life around for her son. they need to spend like a week on jill, give her the spotlight for a while, she has the worst problems right now. health is more important than 911 or whoring your self or being a 40year old baby

nancydeeann44 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 08:51 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Ireally think we all feel cheated from having a show that fianlly dealt with real womens issues to a house full of clowns there for the stupided @#$%. I miss the first 3 seasons I think since then it is a joke. Come om allison 2 times I would of preferred jossie & chloe!

11-11-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Absolutely Nancy! There is nothing of value to women what-so-ever. I have enough of my own anxiety...I don't need for SO to induce more! LOL

waterbaby 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-05, 01:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-05 AT 01:54 AM (EST)

I've been watching since second season and find that this current season hits home with me more than any of the others have, and is the most helpful for me. I think that's what they are trying to do, offer a little something to as many viewers as possible, and we all don't have the same experiences! I was, years ago, a 'call girl', and had never really looked at some of the things that have been pointed out, especially by Dr. Stan. In fact tried not to look back, so it's been an eye opener for me, and it's been healing. There are many more ex's out there than you'd ever guess (think now, where have all those girls gone? - reabsorbed into a society that is usually none the wiser!), and if SOH can help some of them than Christina's time there is worth while.

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-11-05, 09:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
It's almost like they put the show together over night. With the website being a piece of crap and these silly women. They better hope that another show doesnt come along and steal thier "thunder"

11-11-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
Well put! LMAO at your cute little smiley face! lol

BlackOnyx 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-05, 05:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Starting Over Has Become a Pile of Hollywood Crap!"
I totally agree with OMGIM40 on this one. I've been watching Starting Over since day 1 and I remember, after watching each episode and seeing the women bonding and supporting eachother, how it would leave me feeling inspired to change different aspects of my life for the better. Now I watch Starting Over mainly for the drama and entertainment these women cause among themselves. Season 3 is definately not as authentic as season 1 and 2 and it really seems like everyone is looking out only for themselves. Even season 2 was a bit too Hollywood for me, but this time around it's just crazy! I think season 1 was the best and most enlightening, in my opinion. But let us remember this...these ARE the first group of women to enter season 3, which means there WILL be new HG's (obviously) and I'm really hoping that the next several HG's to enter the SOH will change the dynamics of the house for the better. We'll just have to wait and see...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •