The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Peeve about the Starting Over site"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-07-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Peeve about the Starting Over site"
Every once in a while I check the website to see what they have to offer. (That's where I got my siggie GIF)I am still amazed that the content seems to be provided by half-drunk interns or 7th-graders on jobshadow. Look at this week's life coach tip. It's an incoherent ramble! They give their viewers no credit.

And is there one person in this world who's doing the texting? Like we have NOTHING to do!

Sure, the show will have its share of less mature, disenfranchised viewers just by virtue of the time slot. But some of us who are self-employed, or working later shifts, or raising children, do actually have a brain in our heads. Hope my fellow literate, intelligent, well-read viewers will stick around because frankly, it is DEPRESSING otherwise.

Hey Bunim-Murray! Ramp up the standards or pretty soon the losers WILL be the only ones watching!

I gotta stay away from that site.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... bookwomanblue 11-07-05 1
   RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... rookwood 11-07-05 2
 RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... grace488 11-07-05 3
   RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... EnfanTerrible 11-07-05 4
   RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... EnfanTerrible 11-07-05 5
 RE: Peeve about the Starting Over s... draya001 11-08-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
Wow! You weren't kidding! Since they took the message boards down, I very rarely go there. They just don't provide any compelling reason to do so. But, I just checked out the "life coach tip" you were talking about. It is absolutely incomprehensible! At this rate, they're going to be solely responsible for giving Life Coaches a bad name!

rookwood 350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
I started a thread on the other board (general discussion) on this very issue, but it died a quiet, lonely death.

Last week on the Episode Guide, each day was BLANK! And on the section on the main page "Today's Episode", the episode synopsis given was like five days old, and on the "Tomorrow's Episode," the field was, again, blank.

I have personally helped design and maintain a couple of websites in my time, and I cannot believe the poor quality and nonexistent content on the Bunim-Murray site. Seriously, they must have just one person handling the whole site - and that person must be totally incompetent or just doesn't bother showing up for work. It's not like the site is incredibly complicated, especially now that the message boards are gone.

Where is all their money going? It's certainly not going anywhere near their website! To me, this is just further proof of how little any of us viewers matter to this company. I wonder seriously if there will be a fourth season.

grace488 145 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-05, 10:13 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
It could be worse, the coach tip could have read -if you find yourself unemployed and stuck, humiliate yourself by signing onto SO house and reluctantly agree to dress up like an infant and parade around in public. This should give you a real good "leg up" experience especially if any potential new employers should catch the show with you in diapers. Pimps especially will be seeking you out post S.O.H. knowing any sordid request by them will be game.

11-07-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
It's been moved over, I forget there are two sections to the board. Anyway, I wish I had seen your post Rookwood, because sometimes I get to feeling like I'm the only one who gets irritated by that kind of mediocrity.

11-07-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
Grace, I don't feel like I have a right to complain about that cause I'm still watching!

draya001 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-08-05, 08:08 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Peeve about the Starting Over site"
I agree about the declining quality of the website, and am even more in agreement about the lack of verbal coherence on the site. I think it is just a symptom of the new educational style that teaches English grammar and composition as a sub-unit of Literature class instead of concentrating on it as a necessary skill in and of itself -- not merely an ancillary detail adjunct to reading. I bet you could diagram any of my above sentences as well as I could.

I don't always agree with your observations regarding Starting Over, but I admire the acuity of your vision.

Ad astra
draya001

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •