The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"About posting links for other forums/sites..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"About posting links for other forums/sites..."
While we are allowing posters to link to other sites, we ask that everyone doing so follow a few simple rules:

- Post the link once - repeatedly doing so will be considered spam. Some posters have abused this privilege, and it is a bannable offense here. It is not fair to the folks who want to be able to discuss the show here to have their discussions constantly interrupted by posters advertising other sites.

- Don't use the post as an opportunity to take pot shots at this forum or its posters. This forum is for discussing the show, not for bashing posters, moderators, or this forum.

- Don't use the post as an opportunity to take pot shots at the other forum or its posters. Some posts have turned into ugly arguments about moderators, favoritism, etc., and this is not an appropriate place for those discussions.

As long as the folks who are posting links to other sites will follow these instructions, we will welcome such posts on our forum.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: About posting links for other f... Devlynne 10-10-05 1
   RE: About posting links for other f... Bebo 10-10-05 2
 RE: About posting links for other f... lilmarie80 10-11-05 3
   RE: About posting links for other f... Bebo 10-11-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devlynne 154 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-10-05, 06:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: About posting links for other forums/sites..."
These seem to be very reasonable guidelines. I think it is possible to make the spam factor less of an issue on an already pretty busy board. I would like to suggest a sticky thread for related link postings, if that is possible in this board format. Links to all the former HG's websites, SO fan sites, and other message boards could be easily accessible for everyone and lost in the shuffle of archived posts.

I do like the boards here and offer this idea only as a suggestion to make them even better. Thank you for the time you give to make these boards accessible to all of us!

10-10-05, 10:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: About posting links for other forums/sites..."
It's a good idea, but to do so, we'd have to take the forums down for a major length of time to do some major upgrades. Our webmaster's been trying to decide when (and if) there's a good time to do that.

lilmarie80 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-11-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
3. "RE: About posting links for other forums/sites..."
Hey Bebo can we just start a regular thread saying add your link's here, that way every1 looking knows where to go as do every1 posting links. What do you think?

10-11-05, 04:49 PM (EST)
4. "RE: About posting links for other forums/sites..."
Frankly, I think it would be great to have all the links in one thread, but the reasons it hasn't worked so far include:

- Posters coming here to advertise their sites want to make sure their information stands out and start new threads instead of joining existing ones.
- Previous attempts (particularly on the spoilers forum) have turned into commentary on those sites, which dilutes the information as well.

If someone wants to start ONE thread and put the known information in it, then there's no problem with that. I think it would make it easy for folks to find, as well as cut down on some of the spamming and attacks that have been taking place lately.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •