The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Life Coaching on Starting Over"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ggdreamer 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-25-06, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ggdreamer Click to send private message to ggdreamer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Life Coaching on Starting Over"
Some standouts for me from SO:

Rhonda - "scraps of love"
I have always remembered her speech to Josie at the end of season one when she went back to her boyfriend. Rhonda pointed out how some women will settle and put up with so much mistreatment in a relationship - all in exchange for the tiniest bit of love and attention. This really hit home for me and I know that I will never again 'settle for scraps'

Iyanla - committment
This word has become a part of my daily life now. No kidding-it's been helpful to have this constant reminder. I'm actually getting a lot more done now because I'm not giving myself an easy-out like I used to - I'm learning to commit 100% til it's done. I never could relate to all of that 'Universe' stuff but I gained a lot of insight from her advice to the women when she wasn't yelling at them.

Dr. Stan - perseverance
I most definitely need to practice much more of this one. I will miss his no-nonsense advice and the respectable manner with which he treated each of the women. He needs to have his own talk show - perhaps in the same format as the SO morning meetings where he could discuss different topics with a group of women to help them (and viewers) learn some practical problem-solving skills.

I watched all 3 seasons. There were things that sometimes annoyed me about this show - in particular, the humiliation tactics that I felt were unnecessary to teach someone a lesson. But overall - this show gave me quite a bit to think about and for that reason I found it to be more positive than negative. With that being said, I would really be more interested in watching a Life Coaching show without all the conflama. Unfortunately, it seems that it's the drama that apparently drives the ratings for these shows.

Early on in season one, I thought the concept for a Life Coaching show was a terrific one. I would love to see what a different producer could do with this show.
So here's to a new and improved and better next season --- but I'm guessing that I stand a better chance of hitting a lottery jackpot first where the odds are significantly better <ticket in hand> Oh well

Muchas Gracias to all the posters who pointed out so many things that I apparently overlooked while watching this show.
As always - BE A GREAT DAY

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •