The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Curves"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

redsoxfan 149 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Curves"
I think they're sending Jodi to Curves because it's one of SO's sponsors. Just like they sent Jill to Jenny Craig. I've seen Jenny Craig and Curves commercials during SO. I've also seen Weight Watchers commercials. I think Jill would've been better off on their program. It's truer to life than Jenny Craig, IMO.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Curves SeasonedRefinement 02-17-06 1
   RE: Curves jeana28 02-17-06 2
       RE: Curves SeasonedRefinement 02-17-06 3
           RE: Curves shawnar 02-17-06 5
               RE: Curves jonimoni 02-17-06 6
               RE: Curves redsoxfan 02-27-06 13
       RE: Curves redsoxfan 02-22-06 12
 RE: Curves Cygnus X1 02-17-06 4
 RE: Curves GoodnightLittleBear 02-17-06 7
   RE: Curves SOfan0221 02-17-06 8
       RE: Curves lovemydogdude 02-17-06 9
           RE: Curves notrump 02-19-06 10
               RE: Curves redsoxfan 02-22-06 11
                   RE: Curves bentherdunthat 02-28-06 14
                       RE: Curves SportsNut 03-02-06 15
                           RE: Curves redsoxfan 03-02-06 16
                           RE: Curves bentherdunthat 03-05-06 17
 RE: Curves JustBNMe 03-05-06 18
   RE: Curves Cygnus X1 03-06-06 19
 RE: Curves petmama 03-14-06 20
   RE: Curves SOWayz 03-15-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-17-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Curves"
Arghhh....I'm missing everything in the northeast.

So now Jodi is going to Curves? Did she say she wanted to tone up? I don't remember.

Curves doesn't address nutrition, does it? I thought it was a work-out place. So, is Jodi dieting too?

redsoxfan - I absolutely agree with you about WW vs. JC. Jill, or anyone for that matter, is much more prone to stay on a healthy diet for life with foods that aren't necessarily pre-packaged and can be purchased in a grocery store. Jenny Craig is kind of pricey for a woman still struggling to get on her feet.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Curves"
Ive heard that Curves has nutrition classes. they were advertising earlier this month. Id like to join curves because i need to shape up. But i think its a great place, less imtidating than Bally's or 24hour fitness.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-17-06, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Curves"
jeana28 - I've heard the same thing about Curves...that it is MUCH less intimidating than the larger gyms. I think it really caters to women just starting to get back in shape. I didn't know about the nutrition classes. That's great!

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-17-06, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Curves"
I'm getting ready to join curves. Not only is it extrememly affordable but they have it to where you only go to 1/2 hour session three times a week. So its great for people that are busy. But above all the main reason I'm joining is I'm out of shape and don't want to be around all the young and fit to make myself feel worse! I don't remember them saying they were putting Jodi on a diet yet but they said it was time to get active.

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Curves"
To many who don't know the man who founded curves uses some of the profit to support pro life causes, some are said to be very extreme. This may make some people more likely to join and some less so. I found it interesting that they had a castmember going to Curves, knowing how they had just been talking about abortions on the show. Just a thought.

02-27-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redsoxfan Click to send private message to redsoxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Curves"
> I'm getting ready to join
>curves. Not only is it
>extrememly affordable but they have
>it to where you only
>go to 1/2 hour session
>three times a week. So
>its great for people that
>are busy. But above all
>the main reason I'm joining
>is I'm out of shape
>and don't want to be
>around all the young and
>fit to make myself feel
>worse! I don't remember them
>saying they were putting Jodi
>on a diet yet but
>they said it was time
>to get active.

Right now, Curves has a food bank drive. If you bring in a bag of food, they'll waive the joiner's fee.

02-22-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Curves"
The Curves founder has written a diet book and developed some nutritional drinks and supplements. I don't go along with the diet, though, because it restricts carbs to an unhealthy level, IMO. And, I'd rather get my calories from real food than drink mixes.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Curves"
Thanks to Tivo and DVRs, you're going to see more product placement in shows, not less.

Talk, talk, it's only talk . . .

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-17-06, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Curves"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-06 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

Curves combines exercise and nutrition in their program. Jenny Craig is strictly nutrition and dieting. The exercise portion is up to you. I think Jenny served Jill better because of her health issues and having to approach the exercising a bit more cautiously. Jodi appears to be more fit so Curves is probably right for her.

I have done Jenny before and it does work but it is expensive and you still have to exercise a least somewhat if you want good results, as with any diet. It's a good program if you need a strict regimen in the beginning to get you started.

Yes product placement has played a big factor on this show. You see product placement in almost every episode. Jill's new specs courtesy of Lenscrafters, giving every little bistro in LA free promotion, Starbucks etc. The only time I have seen them mask a product name is on the soda cans in the SOH.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-17-06, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Curves"
I used to belong to curves and I really liked it because it was all women and it was fast. Once around the circuit and ready to go home.

But I think Jodi will do well at Curves. She seemed to have a positive attitude and she admitted she liked working out.

You go girl!!! Myself, I hate to work up a sweat...lol

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-17-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Curves"
It does seem like a great idea for Jodie, hopefully they'll throw in some counceling and a nutritionalist along the way? Either way exercising without dieting is better than nothing.

notrump 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-06, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail notrump Click to send private message to notrump Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Curves"
I had a girlfriend that goes to Curves....It helped her at first. But in the last year it's done nothing for her even though she goes four days a week. However, after doing this for years, she has plateaud (SP?)....but she keeps doing it anyway cause she enjoys the 'social time' with her ladies.
( Any activity is better than no activity) Personal opinion on Curves....I think it's great for anyone needing to lose 30 or more pounds, or for people that haven't exercised for quite awhile and need to get started.

I hate those places that make you form a group and dance/bounce around! I am more into weight training, yoga, pilates...because of my age. (Over 50...closer to 60)

02-22-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Curves"
>I had a girlfriend that goes
>to Curves....It helped her at
>first. But in the
>last year it's done nothing
>for her even though she
>goes four days a week.
> However, after
>doing this for years, she
>has plateaud (SP?)....but she keeps
>doing it anyway cause she
>enjoys the 'social time' with
>her ladies.
>( Any activity is better than
>no activity) Personal opinion
>on Curves....I think it's great
>for anyone needing to lose
>30 or more pounds, or
>for people that haven't exercised
>for quite awhile and need
>to get started.
>
> I hate those places that
>make you form a group
>and dance/bounce around! I am
>more into weight training, yoga,
>pilates...because of my age. (Over
>50...closer to 60)

Hydraulics provides the resistance on Curves machines. This is enough resistance for someone who's badly out of shape. But, oce a certain fitness level is reached, the resistance must be increased in order to continue doing any good. And, since the resistance can't be increaed on Curves machines, the workout ceases to be effective. At this point, a gym that uses weight machines would better serve those who are too fit to benifit from Curves.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Curves"
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-06 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

I disagree.Anyone can benefit from a Curves workout-not just those who are physically "unfit". The beauty of Curves is that it is weight/resistance training with cardio. At a certain point an individual may not lose anymore weight, but they still reap the cardio benefits from the workout. I've been going for two years now. I dropped the 20 lbs I wanted in the first three months, but I still go 3-4 times a week and I am in the best shape of my life.Anytime I feel it's getting "too easy" I put more effort into it. I have no desire to build large muscles,so maintaining the low resistance on the Curves circuit keeps me toned without adding bulk.

SportsNut 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-06, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SportsNut Click to send private message to SportsNut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Curves"
I think Curves is not a "real" exercise program - just my opinion. It reminds me of the old "Slender You" machines years ago. If you want to achieve real fitness, you must alternate real cardio (at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a week) with weights. Curves isn't taxing enough - just my opinion...

Jodi does need some activity, however, so in her case - it's better than nothing. By the way, for someone who doesn't care about what the scale says ("It's just a number," as she says), why does she protest SOOO much?? I think she is petrified by what it is going to say because she probably hasn't weight herself in a very long time. I know when I weighed myself recently and saw that I had packed on almost 20 pounds in 5 years, I wanted to throw up. Fortunately, it spurred me to action and I've lost almost all of it...

03-02-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Curves"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-06 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

I think Curves is benificial to women who are new to exercize. Or, haven't exercized in a long time. I haven't been getting much exercize lately, so I'm going to rejoin Curves next week during their annual food drive. For a bag of non perisishable food, they'll waive the yearly service fee.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Curves"
Again I have to respectfully disagree.It's like anything else...you get what you put in to it. I see a LOT of women that use the time as social hour and put hardly any effort into it because they are too busy chatting. Over the years I've done various classes and joined different gyms and I've seen the same thing there as well-so one could argue that those aren't "real" workouts either. Personally, Curves is one of the best things that happened to me. I got in shape, and I didn't have to deal with bulked-up, super-jock-wanna-be's grunting and sweating all over while they slam weights around, or the anorexic barbie dolls with their sports bras and ankle weights (you know, the kind you want to tackle and force feed a cheesburger). I did it at my own pace, and with women like me. It was, and continues to be, a "real" workout-but then I make darn sure it is. I'm not paying that money every month without getting some results. I repeat, you get what you put into it. JMO.

I agree about Jodi, incidentally. If it is indeed "just a number" then why does it matter if you find out what it is? My opinion is that if she is dedicated to getting in shape then she should want to know what her "stepping off" place is. How else is she supposed to gauge her progress? Just keep going until she's a size 8?

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Curves"
Why can't the HG use the pool, the tennis courts, basketball court, treadmill and eliptical machine that is already at the SOH? I have rarely seen anyone using any of those things to get exercise. They also have alot of beautiful grounds to just walk around on if nothing else. The SO HG are just plain lazy IMO. They want everything quick and easy which is part of why they are in the SOH-they want things pronto and real life isn't like that so they think SO will be their miracle cure.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-06, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Curves"
As I said in another thread, I bet they don't use the pool because they don't want the cameras to catch them in their bathing suits. They may be DAWs, but they do have their limits.

Not to mention self-esteem/body appearance issues.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-14-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Curves"
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-06 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

The day they join Curves, and once a month thereafter, everyone is weighed and measured. I wonder how Jodi handled that. Or, are they giving her special treatment where she doesn't have to weigh?

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-06, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Curves"
I liked the whole concept of Curves, but the "trainers" talked too much. I couldn't concentrate...so I quit.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •