The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

didthat 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-20-06, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail didthat Click to send private message to didthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
DO they go out of their way to find these unattractive women? Don't any attractive women show up to their casting calls? I mean these are not everyday women! Most women I know don't look like these unhealthy, overweight, sloppy ladies. Is it required you have to be an eyesore to be on this silly show?

I find it hard to belive that no attractive women with problems showed up for the auditions! I think they try to play on our sympathy for these women because of their unfortunate looks-BLAH BLAH. In my area it follows popular soaps, no one wants to see their ugly mugs after looking at those beautiful women.

Jodi: Yes you are fat. Get yourself in shape and find yourself a new hair stylist and maybe you can find a man. If you want a child, you better grow up yourself. Lose the dramatic voice, it aint working for you girfriend.

Christie: You had Gastric-bypass surgery if that didn't help you lose weight, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm sick of all these heavy slobs, wining about their weight. Get some self control, put down the chips and wine and move on.

No wonder this show is going off the air!!!! I don't need to tune in to a bunch of cows crying about their weight as they suck down pasta, wine and cake every episode. Grow a pair and move on.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... Zoey 03-20-06 1
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... Cygnus X1 03-20-06 2
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... maroonclowns mom 03-20-06 3
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... bentherdunthat 03-20-06 4
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... petmama 03-20-06 5
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... Twinkles 03-20-06 6
   RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... justfionablue 03-20-06 7
 RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... lovemydogdude 03-20-06 8
   RE: Why can't this show pick anyone... shawnar 03-20-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-20-06, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
Well, of all shows on the air, I would hope that this one picks people based on their story and not on what dress size they wear or how attractive they are. If that's the case, then watch the soaps...or whatever else strikes your fancy.

Besides, usually overweight people have more problems than overeating.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
Welcome to the boards.

Of course, they could always be like The Amazing Race from a year ago or so and have nobody but actors and models.

And what about Christina and Lisa1? Their character may be suspect, but they certainly weren't unattractive, although Lisa apparently has the opposite problem with weight . . .

Better than I deserve.

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-20-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
When I go grocery shopping for instance, these are exactly the types of persons I see. Do they have problems? Maybe. SO ladies blossom into beauties on graduation night.

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-06 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

When these women come on the show, they come to deal with the underlying issues they have with food (or pills, or alcohol, or anger, or intimacy). If it were so simple as just "putting down the chips" they wouldn't need to be there.
There are deeper emotional issues they are dealing with. The weight, or addictions, or slovenliness is only a symptom.
As far as their "unattractiveness" goes, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? Some of the ugliest women they've had on this show have been the most physically attractive (Christina for example).
A life in turmoil isn't a pretty picture. It's messy and it's ugly.
I think the show and it's viewership would be incredibly shallow if it only wanted the stories of "pretty people".
JMO

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-20-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
I think there are more attractive women this season than last. Just talking about faces, I think Jodi is the only truly anattractive HG they've had so far. Kelly's a bit wrinkled, but, other than that, she looks okay.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
Some people will find some of the women more or less cute/beautiful/attractive. Personally, I don't see what difference it makes. It's a show about emotional well-being and getting back on life track. We all look worse when we're feeling beaten down and hopeless, etc.

One thing that occurs to me when I see them (especiall in the morning) is how they can manage to have the energy and positive mood to bother to do their hair and makeup. I'm impressed that they are as put together as they are all the time. I'm sure it's part of the tv production but it would be tough to do all that emotional work and stay coiffed. Maybe we've joked around at clothes that are too tight, eyebrows that aren't just the right shape or whatever but they certainly aren't schlepping around in pajamas or sweatpants.

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-20-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
At least they are not all lying around on the couch in their sweats eating doughnuts and watching Starting Over.

(small LOL)

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-20-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
Personally..I would NOT be impressed if there were only beautiful women on the show. I want to see real life scenarios not a beauty pageant. IMO beauty is largely related to personality anyways..as previously mentioned XXXtina may have been pretty but her personality stunk. TJ IMO is very beautiful after getting to know her her beauty shined through. Looks mean sh!t to me as far as this show goes. Life is full of all types of people.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why can't this show pick anyone attractive to be on it?!!!!!!!!"
I like that they are the average woman. I see woman that look like that everyday. I don't think they are all unatractive at all. I am glad that they are to tell their stories and for healing. Its not always about looking good and being eye candy for those who want to watch.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •