The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

C_Mar 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-21-06, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
Do Rhonda and Iyanla meet the women before they enter the house, or do they meet for the first time during the morning meeting?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... JustBNMe 02-22-06 1
   RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... VelvetElegance 02-22-06 2
       RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... karenlucyian 02-23-06 3
           RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... OklaBlue 02-23-06 4
 RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... Ijustsharted 02-23-06 5
   RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before ... VelvetElegance 02-24-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-22-06, 06:15 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
It doesn't appear to me that they meet the HG before group. The LC's come in and introduce themselves and if you remember Lisa 2 about wet herself with excitement and was bouncing up and down on the couch before the LC's walked in and was saying she was dying when the LC's walked in and she acted like a starstruck little kid when she saw them walking in the door.

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
They probably don't meet the HGs prior to the day when they tell their story, but I'm certain Iyanla, Rhonda, and God Bless Dr. Stan, have all their information before hand...a dossier of sorts. That's why Rhonda and Iyanla are so adept at triggering (I hate that I had to use that word) the ladies. Today's example with the straight jacket is a perfect illustration of this. They had to know it would have had an emotional responce from her.

karenlucyian 84 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
I would hope for the integrity of the show that they don't meet them, but, realistically, this is TV, anything is possible. What I am always curious about is that there must be segment producers and staff around all the time. Like when Jodi was in the confessional talking about her abortion it seemed like she was talking to someone and they had prompted a question. I have to constantly remember that this is a tv show, although most of this I don't believe is acting or anything, but it makes for a good conversation about what and who is involved and how? Good topic to post. Thanks

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
According to a Real World interview on the net, with IV, the reported said the PRODUCERS ask the questions in the confessional. How much easier to make their job for editing. They can direct the answers by the questions they ask, then put it together for the effect they want.

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-23-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
I remember last year someone posted saying that they met Rhonda and she said they dont meet the houseguests until the first day when they are all in the group meeting so we see it first hand. HTH

VelvetElegance 72 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-06, 07:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Do the LCs meet the HGs before going into the house? "
There is a director and a producer present in the confessional. The producer is there to ask questions that prompt conversation from the subject (the HGs) to use as material for storyeditors (also known as writers on scripted shows) that eventually are edited into the 44 minutes we see each day. They ask probing questions to get the HGs to reveal raw emotion. I also think it would be fair to say that the producers have a pretty good idea of what they want to hear when the HGs enter the confessional. They structure their questions to elicit those responces.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •