The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-13, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
Judd's hamster tombstone should read 'Killed By Rats'.

Here's Judd's game death in the short form. America is made into the MVP. The hamsters aren't told about this. The nominations made seem strange to them. They decide Judd is responsible. Judd the casually funny, Judd the tolerable, Judd the source of all shirts, Judd the only one many feed watchers could still stand.

Judd has no way of proving he is not the cage's MVP. Rumors fly. They ground themselves in paranoia and never leave. Week In An Hour hits: no third nominee, backdoor opens, and Judd gets kicked out through it. Sorry, Judd. Not so much for the number of feed subscriptions which just got purposefully cut...

Did the MVP work? Ultimately, it wasn't as bad as many other show twists and had the rare distinction of actually having some degree of game effect. But overall, the rule holds:

It is a Big Brother twist. Therefore, it is stupid.

Of course Aryan went right after him. Not sharing her views was making her look bad!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath. kingfish 08-09-13 1
 RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath. Belle Book 08-09-13 2
 RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath. michel 08-09-13 3
   RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath. Estee 08-10-13 5
 RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath. Aruba 08-10-13 4
 Confirmation. Estee 08-12-13 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-13, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
I liked it. I enjoyed how it made Amanda (and others to a lesser degree, except GM who never seemed to understand what it was) increasingly agitated. She became a human wrecking ball.

It messed up what should have been a straight forward order of elimination, allowed Jeremy and Mick to be eliminated, and contributed to circumstances that allowed two hamsters who should have been sweet meat initially (Elissa and Aryan) to defy odds and remain in the game.

I was disappointed when Chen announced that the MVP thing was over. It might have saved Judd.

Now we have to deal with an MVP-less Aryan HoH that gives her more power over the boot (sigh).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-09-13, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
I don't think Amanda (and a lot of others) would have targeted Judd if he hadn't given them any signals that might have led them to believe Judd might be untrustworthy, even if the signals were false.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-13, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
Is that what the players are saying, that the thought of Judd being MVP was the reason for his eviction? It would definitely prove that the twist failed because that's not what "America" wanted.

08-10-13, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
I can safely say that at this point, McCrae has:

A. Confirmed that was at least his own reason for voting.
B. Basically said that if Judd wasn't MVP and had stayed loyal the whole time, 'feeling like an idiot' would be the least of it.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-10-13, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Stupid Twist Reset: aftermath."
The MVP twist certainly had an effect on the game.

But with all twists on all Reality Shows, they never effect the individual players in the same manner and severity which does make these twists unfair and definitely inconsistent.

The MVP twist certainly screwed Judd as well as the early evictees perceived as threats.

On the other hand, Elissa and her early game partner Helen can pucker up and give a big sloppy sandwich kiss to whoever thought up this twist because it benefitted them beautifully when Elissa "won" this honor for the first three weeks.

Personally I think the most "enjoyable" (or I should say comical) element of this twist was when America made the nominations and most of the HGs were unable to wrap their feeble minds around the concept of America being the MVP because Ho-manda was nominated two weeks in a row. It's hysterical that they would not think it conceivable that a decent percentage of America simply do not like skanky HOs.

08-12-13, 08:08 AM (EST)
6. "Confirmation."
Sounds like last night pretty much cleared up Judd's ouster: combination of 'he's too connected' and 'he's the MVP and we must destroy him even after the twist has ceased to exist'.

And then the HoH goes to Andy, who's more connected than anyone and should be living in dread of any hamsters comparing notes.

Irony.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •