The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

angus99 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angus99 Click to send private message to angus99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale"
I will never buy another INXS CD again. Give me a break - JD over Marty. Marty's performance tonight was by far the best. JD should have never won.

A PREVIOUS INXS FAN

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale brainerd 09-21-05 1
   Tour Schedule LaLaLisa 09-21-05 5
 RE: Finale SherpaDave 09-21-05 2
   RE: Finale geg6 09-21-05 3
 RE: Finale Moother 09-21-05 4
   RE: Finale Flamingo12a 09-21-05 13
 RE: Finale jkokoj 09-21-05 6
   RE: Finale NanIndy 09-21-05 7
 RE: Finale weltek 09-21-05 8
   RE: Finale Bravegirl 09-21-05 9
 RE: Finale skye 09-21-05 10
   RE: Finale triednottowatch 09-21-05 12
 RE: Finale Shypappy 09-21-05 11
 RE: Finale PhoenixMons 09-21-05 14
   RE: Finale angelworth29 09-21-05 15
   RE: Finale geg6 09-21-05 16
       RE: Finale CattyChat 09-21-05 26
 RE: Finale angelworth29 09-21-05 17
   RE: Finale weltek 09-21-05 19
       RE: Finale bystander 09-21-05 30
 RE: Finale toddE 09-21-05 18
   RE: Finale weltek 09-21-05 20
       RE: Finale Tahj 09-21-05 22
           RE: Finale goldie1000 09-21-05 36
               RE: Finale Loree 09-22-05 38
       RE: Finale geg6 09-21-05 23
           RE: Finale CattyChat 09-21-05 29
               RE: Finale bystander 09-21-05 31
                   RE: Finale CattyChat 09-21-05 32
                       RE: Finale photokitty 09-21-05 34
   RE: Finale byoffer 09-21-05 33
 RE: Finale Tahj 09-21-05 21
   RE: Finale jpl68 09-21-05 24
       RE: Finale photokitty 09-21-05 27
 RE: Finale Pretty_Kitty 09-21-05 25
 RE: Finale pumpkinqueen 09-21-05 28
   InEXCESS Undertow12345 09-21-05 35
       RE: InEXCESS Moother 09-21-05 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brainerd 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-05, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brainerd Click to send private message to brainerd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale"
Marty is an awesome singer and deserved to be there in the final 2.
But... JD was a better fit for their band.
Marty is too introverted to front INxS. The image doesn't fit. If Nirvana ever had a competition like this... it would be Marty's gig.
However, tonite, the right person won.

Does anyone have the concert tour schedule?

Mig.... haaaa. so much for the conspiracy. The guy that wrote it was just a sore loser.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-21-05, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Tour Schedule"
"Does anyone have the concert tour schedule?"

It hasn't been released, yet. But if you go to their web site

---OMG I JUST WENT TO THEIR SITE AND JD IS UP THERE BIG AND LARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRETTY VEGAS GETTING RELEASED ON ITUNES OCTOBER 4TH!!!!!

"SWITCH" AVAIALABLE NOV 29th

Okay, calming down....if you go there, you can sign up for their newsletter and get advance notice of the tour schedule. The only thing they say now is that it starts Jan 06.

Anyone on the east coast want to join CattyChat and me for a concert?

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-05, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale"
Perfect. Fit.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale"
Succinct and to the point.

What Sherps said.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale"
>I will never buy another INXS
>CD again. Give me
>a break - JD over
>Marty. Marty's performance tonight
>was by far the best.
> JD should have never
>won.
>
>A PREVIOUS INXS FAN

I agree...Marty was my man but J.D. will do alright.

Flamingo12a 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flamingo12a Click to send private message to Flamingo12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Finale"
>>I will never buy another INXS
>>CD again. Give me
>>a break - JD over
>>Marty. Marty's performance tonight
>>was by far the best.
>> JD should have never
>>won.
>>
>>A PREVIOUS INXS FAN

I made this same statement a while back. But, I do have to say, while Marty was really good last night, JD nailed it, and I'm happy he won. Marty does not interact with the audience, or with the band, JD does, he is charasmatic, and a very good singer. Marty is fabulous, but for me, isnt suited to front this kind of band, as a solo, he will go VERY far.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-21-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale"
I was rooting for Mig...there was something about him that I just really loved.

However, JD is the fit for this band. He will do well and was sincere in winning.

my syren special!

NanIndy 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NanIndy Click to send private message to NanIndy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale"
I am very happy JD won, he is the perfect fit for the new singer of INXS~! Yea Marty has his own unique style and will go far, but just not right as their front man. JD will bring in the crowds.
I know I will go see them, hopefully they will stop in Indianapolis! Anyone else in Indy area?? I can't wait. Wonder what band will be next to showcase? It's been a fun summer!! Way to go JD!!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale"
What was up with Mig last night? His hair was horrible, skin was pasty and he looked bloated. I think Suzie did Bohemian Rhapsody better. Never thought I'd say that.

Marty was so gracious. I'm not convinced he really wanted to win. I think he's quite happy with his experience and is quite happy to go back to making his own kind of music.

I hope INXS gets back in the swing of things. They looked a little flat on stage.

When the new INXS performed Easy, Easy, the volume went weird on my tv...did it on everyone else's? Sounded muffled. And how obvious was it Brooke was in front of a green screen? I expected a little more from MB.

I was a bit disappointed in the finale. It seemed a bit rushed and chaotic. I was extremely happy with JD winning, though. And it was so cute when he heard them announce it.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale"
"JD was a better fit for their band.
Marty is too introverted to front INxS"

While I agree that JD is a better fit for INXS, the LAST word I would use to describe Marty is 'introverted'!??????

I'm on the east coast and up for an INXS concert, as long as Marty is the opening act. I wonder who he'll perform with??? The Lovehammers or the house band??????

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-21-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale"
Please. Marty's version of "Don't Change" was unrecognizable. That's what lost it for him.

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." George W. Bush

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale"
I don't believe that is what lost it for him. INXS has known for AT LEAST a week who they were going to pick. There is no way they made the decision during the course of the show. At that point it was all window dressing and entertainment, leading up to the shows climax.

Shypappy 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-05, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shypappy Click to send private message to Shypappy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale"
Out of the final 3, I thought JD was the only one that would work!

Marty did a great job of Don't Change, but that song seems to suit him. I doubt that he'd sound as good doing other INXS tunes!

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-21-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Finale"
Well, I loathe JD (as a singer) and was a pretty big INXS fan growing up. While I, too, much preferred Marty, I have to say that JD is musically and stylistically a better fit for INXS. That doesn't mean I like JD (I think his voice is horrid and he comes off far too contrived and choreographed for me - but I'm not a 'rock' fan so what do I know?) but I understand their choice (and expected it). I don't know how much I'll be listening to new INXS stuff (I liked their new song Easy Easy well enough) with JD as frontman, but I think they probably made the right decision. JD did do some great arrangements (about the ONLY thing I liked about him throughout the show) and that couldn't have hurt his chances.

I wish them luck with JD...I don't think they'll have much of a comeback, but we'll just have to see.

Got blog?

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Finale"

What Phoenix said.

09-21-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale"
As a huge rock fan (don't listen to much else except the blues) and a giant INXS fan, JD was the only choice for the band. I like Marty quite a bit, but he was not suited to the band's back catalog or for where they seem to want to head for the future. "Pretty Vegas" could be on the INXS Greatest Hits CD for how well it fits into their lyrical style.

I said it consistently from the second concert show: JD is the only one with the charisma, musical style, vocals, and erotic physicality to make me NOT yearn for Michael Hutchence when INXS plays. I think that most of the band knew weeks ago (pretty much since the songwriting clinic and the photo shoot)that they wanted JD. The interview and the collaboration session only cemented that impression for me. The standing O he got on last night's show from band members sealed the deal. I popped open the celebratory wine right after "You Can't Always Get What You Want." No doubt at that point.

As for how big their comeback will be, I can only gauge that from what I see. And everyone I know who has been watching the show (from old INXS fans like me to new fans) are crazy about "Pretty Vegas" and JD. I will definitely be buying the new CD and, if they stop in Pittsburgh, I'll be there with a crowd of like-minded friends.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Finale"
Ditto La Geg.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale"
I just had to stop by and say that I'm listening to an old INXS song on the radio right now, and JD does not have the chops to pull this stuff off. He sucks. That's all I have time for right now. I'll talk about how much I hate him later.

09-21-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Finale"
Funny, we listen to our old INXS cds often now and think JD does have the voice to pull it off.

Be reminded, he never had any formal vocal training & I'm sure INXS will have him working with a vocal coach to improve his range.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Finale"
I have to agree here, I think he was the best match for INXS. I can't imagine Marty singing some of INXS' songs.

He may have to Yell them into the microphone.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-21-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finale"
Don't feel bad, angus. Hardly anyone will ever buy another INXS CD. But that would have been the case if Marty had won, too.

I actually quit watching this show 3 weeks ago, and came here to see who won. Now that I see, I am extra super glad I quit watching.

And don't worry about Marty (or, say, my fave Jordis) because, as many have said, "losing" on this show is probably a blessing in disguise, especially for those who "lost" after receiving decent exposure.

Now, everyone who thinks they will ever hear, even one single time, any INXS songs recorded with JD on the radio: Please raise your hand:

I don't see any hands;)

09-21-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Finale"
whatevah. To each their own. I heard a ton of people call into a hard rock radio show quite excited that JD won. I think if they market the band better than this show was marketed, they'll enjoy more success. As much as before? Probably not, but they'll be fine.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finale"
I'll be interested to see how the band does from here on out. It was pretty smart of them to choose a new singer the way they did. It gave them new exposure to a younger audience and built up a ready-made fan base for JD, so that when they go on tour, at least the JD fans will be there.

Even though he seemed to be the best choice, I still think there will be problems because of JD's ego. That there are going to be adjustment problems on both sides is a given. Once the thrill wears off for JD and he starts trying to assert himself is when the real problems will begin.

Moves courtesy of Syren

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-21-05, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Finale"

I still
>think there will be problems
>because of JD's ego.

Trust me, he will fit right in !

Way to go JD - You made Canada proud last night bud !

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-05, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Finale"
Dave Navarro said he thought JD had the perfect mix of vulnerability and ego to be a great frontman.

09-21-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Finale"
I don't understand all this complete disdain for JD and INXS, do you?

I wasn't pulling for Marty, MiG, or Jordis to win, but I certainly don't feel the need to put them down and call them losers. Much less the band, who I have loved for years.

Although I was a JD fan from the start, I totally appreciate the talents of the others from the final five. I think all of them will have amazing careers. But I also think that INXS and JD are also going to be a huge success. "Pretty Vegas" is already doing well, the ratings of the show went up and up and up after a slow start, and the press (including the most mainstream publication of them all--The New York Times) is giving the show and the band's choice universal praise.

09-21-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Finale"
Again, what Geg said. J.D. was it for me, but I really enjoyed many of the other contestants and the different stuff they brought to the table. With Marty, his style is one of my least favorites, but for the last few weeks I have really admired that he does what he does really well. It's not my bag, but he is terrific nonetheless.

Also, I already have Pretty Vegas (both peformances downloaded) I WILL be buying the next INXS CD to add with the 3 others I have, I WILL be going to their concert & I KNOW I will enjoy it as much this time around as I did 20-or-so years ago & I know I'm not the only one.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Finale"
I will enjoy it as much this time around as I did 20-or-so years ago

Cool, you also listened to INXS in kindergarden. I thought I was the only one.

09-21-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Finale"
OMG, I just realized how old my math gaffe just made me. I meant to say, I will enjoy the INXS concert as much as I did -- let's see, was it '88 or '89? I guess that's about 15-16 years ago & unfortunately I was 18-19. Lucky for me, I am a 35-y-o woman who looks & feels like she is still in her mid-20s. Can't believe it was so long ago. . . 35 is the new 25 .

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Finale"

>35 is
>the new 25

Yeah, baby! And 45 is the new 35.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Finale"
I raise my hand, even if the INXS song is just Pretty Vegas. I think that song is some excellent rock, and a catchy tune.

That's the thing with INXS, they write catchy music, which is radio-friendly. The industry has changed, and its all about the band's publicist getting the image out. INXS will get a lot of air time because of this show, and air time will beget more air time, and they will rise on the charts.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Finale"
It was pretty obvious to me who was going to win. Even if you thought Marty's performance was better, which I did not, I could tell from the way the two performers interacted with the band when they performed with them. Marty didn't interact at all from what I could tell and JD was clearly all about relating to them during the song. He's definitely a better fit than Marty.

Moves courtesy of Syren

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-21-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Finale"
Two things I thought about along the way, although not enough to ride the emotional roller coaster of thinking Mig or Marty might win during the last two days. When Marty sang "Trees" and smashed his guitar, I couldn't help but think that was his way of saying, I really don't want this gig. Some may disagree, but even in Trees Marty brings out the scream here and there. I think he would have liked to win, as would have any of us competing in a competition, however, I think he also was like, I'm not going to change, and if I don't win becaues of that I'll be O.K. (which of course considering that he was the most downloaded dude on msn, he will). Anyhow, when the band gave him "Don't Change" again, he had to know, so I don't think it was any suprise to him, and frankly, I think he might have even been relieved.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Finale"

> I think he would
>have liked to win, as
>would have any of us
>competing in a competition, however,
>I think he also was
>like, I'm not going to
>change, and if I don't
>win becaues of that I'll
>be O.K. (which of course
>considering that he was the
>most downloaded dude on msn,
>he will). Anyhow, when
>the band gave him "Don't
>Change" again, he had to
>know, so I don't think
>it was any suprise to
>him, and frankly, I think
>he might have even been
>relieved.

I think that's right. (However, when Tim was giving each of them props, the FIRST thing he said to Marty was, "You adapt." WTF? Is that a complement?)

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Finale"
I loooove me some JD! so glad he won have been rooting for him since day one Veeeery sexy voice (I have a weakness for the Canadian's what can I say but..yum!!)

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Finale"
i wasn't really a JD fan--loved Marty though! JD is a perfect fit. i think i could get used to him--he was so cute when he won--you could see how much he wanted it, and i think he deserved to win.

Undertow12345 376 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-21-05, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Undertow12345 Click to send private message to Undertow12345 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "InEXCESS"
What cracked me up was when the house band handed the instruments to the INX band...the old rockers played a boring 2 songs with no punch. They need 200 strobe lights to make it intresting.
The house band blew these guys away!
What should happen is the Houseband join with Marty and go on a world tour and have InExess open for them!
Maybe the next show should be finding a lead singer for the house band.
I was thrilled that Marty lost so he would record his own music.
I'll buy it.
Let INExcess go on the Spinal Tap style tour for dying dinosaur bands.
If they play like they did last night I can get them a headliner for a puppet show!

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: InEXCESS"
I got the same feeling! They did seem kinda lackluster. The truth is those guys aren't ancient but the bloom is off the rose. They have been there and done that and now it is probably just a hobby for them instead of a total lifestyle. They would probably have done better with MIG'S personality.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •