The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next week's format (8/23)?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

calichica 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-21-05, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail calichica Click to send private message to calichica Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next week's format (8/23)?"
I saw the promo for next week and am confused - are the singers going to sing off their own songs?? I can see how this would help JD, as the others are (to put it politely) less imaginative, even though some are better vocalists.

I think one reason ratings are so low is that the show has "INXS" in the title, but we hardly hear any INXS songs or see the band members play. Instead they are plopped at the back of the theater liked stuffed pigs, pasiing judgement on people who are at least off their butts and showing what they've got. It only reinforces that INXS is past its prime, mere observers to what's happening today. I want to see the band up there playing their trademark funky rock with each singer trying to insinuate themselves into the vibe. Let's see if you've all got it.

As is, cheesy editing in mind, I'm more into the singers than the band, though I originally tuned in for the opposite reason. I feel sooooo old, as my youthful admiration of INXS is dying a protracted death as summer fades away.....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next week's format (8/23)? seahorse 08-21-05 1
 RE: Next week's format (8/23)? easilydistracted 08-22-05 2
   RE: Next week's format (8/23)? CattyChat 08-22-05 4
 RE: Next week's format (8/23)? dreamerbeliever 08-22-05 3
   RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Loree 08-22-05 5
       RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Moother 08-22-05 6
           RE: Next week's format (8/23)? dreamerbeliever 08-22-05 7
           RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Wacko Jacko 08-22-05 8
               RE: Next week's format (8/23)? dreamerbeliever 08-22-05 9
 RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Darth Sarcastic 08-23-05 10
   RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Wacko Jacko 08-23-05 11
 RE: Next week's format (8/23)? weltek 08-23-05 12
   RE: Next week's format (8/23)? Loree 08-23-05 13
   RE: Next week's format (8/23)? tamarama 08-23-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
JD has a real advantage if the singers are to sing all original material. After all many singers have never written a song in their lives.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

easilydistracted 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-22-05, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail easilydistracted Click to send private message to easilydistracted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
Here's the info from realitytvmagazine, based on tonight's VH1 ep. I thought it was a great idea until I saw that the 2 winners weren't chosen by INXS and everyone simply drew names from a hat. Meh. I'd hoped they'd really expose strengths and weaknesses by picking the best 2 and exposing those with styles too different from where INXS has been or wants to go.

Here's the link http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2005/08/rock_star_inxs__9.html

That link might be too long - too lazy to use tinyurl - so I've copied the story-

During this weeks VH1 episode of Rock Star: INXS, the rock stars are told that they will be writing and performing their own original songs. However, they later find out that only two of them will be performing original songs, and the rest will be performing classics like “Proud Mary,” “Start Me Up,” “Cold As Ice,” and “Dream On.”

The rock stars draw names out of a hat to decide who gets to sing the original songs. Deanna Johnston and MiG Ayesa are the lucky two that win the drawing. Suzie McNeil is upset that she isn’t getting to sing her original song and tearfully asks Deanna and MiG to give up their original songs. MiG appears to be seriously considering the request until Marty Casey reminds him that last week INXS told him to fight for his songs.

However, the band’s initial reaction to both Deanna’s song and MiG’s song suggests that it might have been in their best interest to have traded with Suzie. Our money though is on that this is just a tease to build suspense and that MiG at least will blow the audience away with his original song.

In another hat drawing contest, J.D. Fortune and Suzy McNeil win the opportunity to perform on 98.7 Star FM. MiG also gets a special reward for winning the encore. At first, he thinks his reward is just a free phone call to London to talk to his wife, but his wife winds up showing up at the mansion and surprising him.

In other Rock Star: INXS news, voting has started on the request week poll announced by Brooke Burke last week. Viewers are currently voting on which previous song that they would like the rock singers to perform as an encore. The answer so far seems to be none of them. Rock Star: INXS also threw a new “wild card” song into the mix for each rocker. So far the “wild card” song is leading the polls for each rock singer.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-22-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
>. . . based on tonight's VH1 ep. I thought it was a
great idea until I saw that the 2 winners weren't chosen by INXS and everyone simply drew names from a hat. Meh. I'd
hoped they'd really expose strengths and weaknesses by picking the best 2 and exposing those with styles too different from where INXS has been or wants to go.

I too was disappointed. I wanted to see ALL of their attempts at song writing, so we can see who has the talent. Hutchence co-wrote almost all the songs with A.F., so I am assuming INXS is looking for a creative collaborator with talent in writing.

I was really surprised how unhappy Jordis was with the proposition of performing an original song -- wasn't she the one last week who was on her high horse telling J.D. his lyrics were no good, too obvious & her ideas were better?? Hmm, interesting.

Glad MiG got to see his wifey. She's cute. Maybe now he will loosen up more & not be so uptight on stage after gettin' a little (me bad).

Any of you who have been watching this show from the 1st ep will notice that they waver back & forth with showing J.D. as good/bad boy. Last night's ep portrayed him as a good guy, having a good time with everyone, making a chair for Jess & later giving Suzie support when she is so emotional & down after not getting the chance to perform an original song. (I hope she's not gone this week, 'cause I think she's good.)

Again, I am really ticked that after the big entrance by Dave telling everyone they better get cracking on songwriting for this week's show, only to have it be 2, instead of all. Some people will continue to get a free ride while staying in their safe zone.

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
Personally, I would have loved to see each of the remaining 7 get out there and sing their own tune. However, I think CBS or Mark Burnett got spooked by the thought of 4, 5, or even all them bombing. For a show that is barely hanging on rating-wise, would be a complete disaster. Would like to see at least one of the choices each week be an original song. Would be great to see who fights for it or who gets stuck with it.

Editing wise, I think we may be looking at a great performance from Jordis this week. Thought it was interesting that when Mig was rehearing his original project with two house band members, they asked him if he thought it would compare to the classic rock tunes others were doing. Both of them simultaneously named “Dream On” first. They must have already rehearsed some with Jordis and know she may be knocking out a grand slam this week. At least this what I’m hoping for because I think the song is tailor made for her, everything is crossed

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
I've read the results of what some "spoilers" that were at the live taping yesterday thought of the show and what the bands' comments were. I am really looking forward to Tuesday's show. It sounds like the Fave 3 did not do as well as some of the others and I want to know if their rabid fans will still keep them in the Top 3 even if they have lousy performances compared to the others. Should be interesting and I can't wait.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-22-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
>I've read the results of what
>some "spoilers" that were at
>the live taping yesterday thought
>of the show and what
>the bands' comments were.
>I am really looking forward
>to Tuesday's show. It
>sounds like the Fave 3
>did not do as well
>as some of the others
>and I want to know
>if their rabid fans will
>still keep them in the
>Top 3 even if they
>have lousy performances compared to
>the others. Should be
>interesting and I can't wait.
>
Hey, where can I find the spoilers????

08-22-05, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-05 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

You may need to go back about 20 pages to find the spoilers. LAxguy and a few of the others posted around 9pm Sunday night, first is on page 439. Just highlight the black lines to see the spoilers. Here's the link ...

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=507f98b1d2dab4fe9040461ed5ae7cfd&showforum=661

After having to deal with the board set-up over there, makes me appreciate the easy to read set-up here on realitytvworld.

Boy am I nervous this week! Sounds like the golden 3 did not have good weeks. Well at least Deanna is still around to boot if one or 2 of the sweet three make into the bottom

Bummer, thought Dream On may be perfect for her. Well better get to bed early tonight, might be up voting all night tomorrow.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-22-05, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
There aren't really 'spoilers' for this show. Thank God!

I get sick of the spoilers. Sometimes people post them in the wrong places and ruin the shows for those who do not want to hear them. Last's seasons Amazing Race was spoiled for me. And I was really ticked!

08-22-05, 03:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
No need to worry WJ, these aren’t so much “spoilers” but rather an early assessment of the performances from folks in the audience. Who knows, maybe someone they said bombed, I will feel it was great and visa versa. It’s all about personal opinion.

And I do remember you going off on the newbie who brought over some spoiler info into the fanatics area for TAR last season. With this show being in almost real time, only INXS knows for sure who is probably a finalist and the eventual winner. My guess is that they have already made up their mind. With only 3 or 4 booty episodes left before the finally, they can carry anyone they want to be their lead singer to the end.

Darth Sarcastic 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-23-05, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Darth%20Sarcastic Click to send private message to Darth%20Sarcastic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
>I think one reason ratings are
>so low is that the
>show has "INXS" in the
>title, but we hardly hear
>any INXS songs or see
>the band members play. Instead
>they are plopped at the
>back of the theater liked
>stuffed pigs, pasiing judgement on
>people who are at least
>off their butts and showing
>what they've got. It only
>reinforces that INXS is past
>its prime, mere observers to
>what's happening today.

calichica,

I couldn't agree with you more. Let's wrap this puppy up folks! I am really surprised by the choices that Burnett and company are making with this show. They have lost a real element of drama by constantly throwing these singers a bone! I mean first thay have to write a song, then they don't... Then the freakin house band is helping them around every corner (like coaches). Let's let these guys (and gals) flail a bit more, I mean I liked it in the earlier days when they could seemingly fall flat on their faces at every performance. I mean where is the peril? Where is the danger! This is very much like the editions of "Survivor" where the more dramtic element is the contestants fighting against starvation.

Let me add that I am so sick of INXS already! Either you lame-Os get up and rock out or you are going to permanently own your place in the dollar discount bin at the local music store. If you are so good at your gig then hit the stage and show us how it is done! I think that Burnett locked himself into a corner creatively with this show by sticking with a performance/ concert theme. Hell why can't one show be all the contestants get to make a video with the band and we get judge them all by who looks the most awkward or who is the most charismatic on camera or something like that. I mean there are more aspects to being a hit singer than just your stage performance. For example, we all know Kelly Clarkson can sing but IMHO she is only now getting the video/image thing right and it's 2+ albums into her career.

I also think this mamby-pamby "let's all be friends" crap is really wearing thin too. In fact I hate it! People! this could be your chance a meglamania, duke it out every once and a while! Hell get in INXS' grill's if you have too. You would never hear any of "The Apprentice" players be so mild, they all know exactly what's at stake. These folks are a bit too papmered and not really hungry enough.

Darth Sarcastic Has Spoken... Ya'll

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-23-05, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-05 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

Come on Sarcastic!

Yeah, you are right they could do some of that other stuff to make better tv, but what is really going on here is that INXS is chosing a singer who will follow their direction. They don't need a person to make a video that would have nothing to do with what the singers responsiblity would be. Even having a song writer isn't essential. The singer will be coached and the singer will basically be their lacky. That person will do whatever they are told. It's all about performance and does the singer have an engaging stage presence.

You want to see the other stuff but face it. Do people on American Idol do anything but perform. They don't need to do those other things and neither do these people. W

hy then does American Idol work and not this show? Why is this show getting lower ratings than AI? To me that is simple. Old ladies doesn't want to watch Rock Stars. Younger people don't want to watch a band from the 80's. THe show has a limited audience it appeals too. I think the show accomplishes that well.

I do think that they need to incorporate more INXS songs. I think that one of the previous rounds should've been all INXS songs, but other all this show does what it needs too.

Really instead of the encore being the person performing the same song they performed on the previous show, maybe it could be a reward. INXS should then ask the person who did the best the previous show to get up on stage and perform with the band (INXS). They could start off every Wednesday show that way. I do think INXS needs to get more involved.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
I'm still a little confused about the format, as the VH1 show had only two performing originals, but the previews are still hyping it as all the contestants doing original tunes.

I guess it would be tough for the house band to help compose & learn all those new songs in one week, so that would be an unfair burden.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
I wonder if all the singers won't have to sing their songs for INXS at some date. Whether behind the scenes or on a future show. As there are less singers they could do two songs a night. And this Wednesday's result show is an hour long so they can all do more interaction and talk. MB is probably hoping for more controversy because except for JD most of these people are just too nice and helpful for a reality show.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-23-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Next week's format (8/23)?"
>>I guess it would be tough for the house band to help compose & learn all those new songs in one week, so that would be an unfair burden.<<

Really good point -- hadn't thought of that. Especially since all of these folks have already been leaning so heavily on the house band to arrange their songs for them.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •