The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

KittyMeghanLeah2 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-08-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to send private message to KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Ok I'm confused 1/2 the people absolutely adore and love JD? and I am seeing the other 1/2 not even mention him. I personally do not like him, he makes me nervous and does not make sense at all when he performs w/ bodylanguage.. and I mean.. he has 1 move that's

"STare a person down til they fall?"

What is that about? Plus, he is too unreliable! What is going on in the minds of ppl who LOVE AND ADORE AND JUMP UP FOR JD?

I'm not that crazy abt JD.. He scares me to death.. he's too confusing and weird and unreliable.. C'mon what is it? tell me..

EXPLAIN PLEASE.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-08-05 1
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-08-05 2
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! weltek 08-10-05 3
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! ginger 08-10-05 4
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Hoobie 08-10-05 5
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-16-05 6
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-16-05 7
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Cathy the Canadian 08-16-05 9
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-16-05 8
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Moother 08-16-05 10
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! weltek 08-16-05 11
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Dorian 08-16-05 12
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! cycles2k 08-17-05 13
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! weltek 08-17-05 15
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Pretty_Kitty 08-17-05 14
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Loree 08-17-05 16
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! me144 08-17-05 17
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! Loree 08-18-05 22
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! CattyChat 08-17-05 18
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! CBRetriever 08-17-05 19
           RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! KittyMeghanLeah2 08-18-05 20
 RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! shanana banana 08-18-05 21
   RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! cycles2k 08-24-05 23
       RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME! youngatheart 08-24-05 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-08-05, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to send private message to KittyMeghanLeah2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Ok I'm going to explain it to me cuz I want this post to get bumped to the top.. I think JD is risky, he's borderline psychosis and ?? I don't know sorta normal for a singer ??

I don't like him, I never know what he's gonna do on stage.. I just pray he won't take his pants off cuz that wud scare me to death.. Don't know if he'll expose it or take a piss.. see that's what I don't like abt him.

But if it's MIG I wud be like go on take it off, cuz I know he'll be covered, and wud do a little dance then get back to reality.

W/ JD I wud be saying "oh my no..don't do it, what are you doing... oh horror"

but w/ MIG it'd be me saying "yes."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-08-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
2. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Yeah really please explain JD to me.. I'm getting real mad at why he's so risky.. I want to "ohhhhhh that's why" So? am I the only one noticing this GREAT DIVIDE regarding ppl who love vs hate JD?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Wow. Ok, I'll explain why I like him.
Yes, I think he seems a little psycho, but I think he wants this more than the others.

I think he could sing all the old INXS songs & still sound good. The others? Not so much.

I think he has great vocal talent, he just needs to find his comfort zone & get a little more training. In fact, I think all the rockers could use more vocal training.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
I think the emphatic reactions to JD, whether you love him or hate him, bode well for his future in rock.

I actually get a sort of David Byrne vibe from him sometimes.

The JD haters are now throwing things at their screens.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-10-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
I am in the "Love JD" camp.

-He has a pure, distinct, edgy voice with great control
-Bedroom eyes
-Risk-taker
-Creative genius -- California Dreamin' was the best I've ever heard
-Witty and wise, and a darn good master of the "game"
-Shows true emotion while singing
-Makes eye contact -- which is a vast improvement from Suzie who has her eyes closed most of the time
-Already "knows and loves" INXS, not a poseur
-Was near-homeless a few weeks ago but is persevering

08-16-05, 05:31 AM (EST)
6. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
hmmn.. I don't know.. about the bedroom eyes it looks like "squinty" and then yes he's a risk taker but sometimes a bit too much of one.. then.. hmmn thinking... humming.. well true emotion when singing? I disagree.. have you ever seen Michael Hutchence perform? I feel JD and MH are total opposites. Then.. humming well he's not a team player if he knows and loves INXS then.. uhmm.. whatever.. Being homeless does not earn you a privledge (sp), it's like he's gonna get pity votes? please no, that wud not be good.

08-16-05, 05:33 AM (EST)
7. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
yes I agree he's kinda psychotic and does want this more than anyone else there... but.. that's scary.. we'll see how good he can sing an INXS song w/ out changing it. hmmn.. he does need training in PR (public relations)...

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-05, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
I would agree that JD wants this more than any of them. I'm not a huge JD fan, but after Monday's episode especially, I would say he wants to be part of INXS.

ALL the others are looking at this contest and thinking, "Yeah, It'd be great to win. I'd do the album, the tour, and then I could go do my own stuff, or start my own band".

Whereas, with JD, it seems more like he's thinking, "Yeah, It'd be great to win. I'd do the album, the tour, and maybe they'd like me so much they'd keep me in the band".

I think if he wins, he'll stay in the band as long as they want him. I think if anyone else wins, they'll use this as a springboard for their own career. I think INXS sees this in JD, and that's why they like him.

08-16-05, 05:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Thanks for clearing up my confusion however I have no idea what to expect tonight.. so we'll see.. He makes me so nervous.. I wudn't trust him sleeping on the same tour bus w/ me.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-16-05, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Yesterday's show didn't make me like him more. The show certainly didn't show him to be a group player. He either wants things done his way or he doesn't want to play. Kind of like a spoiled child, but just like a spoiled child he ended up getting his way (in a way) and got to sing his song solo. If he can rearrange the songs or write his on he is pretty good but if he has to sing the INXS songs as they did them before he is probably going to have trouble.

08-16-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
I feel the challenge was too simulated. It was singers all trying to compose a song, who are in a competition with eachother. That isn't like what it would be if INXS & the new singer were trying to compose. And it appears that JD is on the same page as INXS as far as music style. The others? Not so much. Therefore, I can't blame JD for dissenting.

However, it does make you wonder if JD would still pout if people didn't like his ideas. That sends a big red flag to INXS.

Dorian 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-16-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dorian Click to send private message to Dorian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
As the old saying goes, there is a very fine line between genious and insanity. The extremely artistic people are usually ones that we can't really tell which side of that line they are on.

I think the hardest thing a lot of folks have with this show is understanding what it is really all about. Is it about finding a new Rock Star? Is it about plugging someone into a "has been" band to make them successful again? Is it a popularity contest based on personality and not artistic talent? A lot of people see this show simply as American Idol or Pop Idol on steroids.

JD is an artist, no doubt. He can arrange and write music as good as any non-professional artist out there, and probably as good as a lot of the pros. Mark Burnett has done his magic with personality edits, taking the many colors of an individual and forcing us to only see black and white. Who is JD? None of us really know.

But that mofo can sure get intense. I like the idea that he makes us all a little uncomfortable. Mig gives us what we want. JD sometimes surprises us with giving us something we didn't know we wanted. Don Henley, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Alice Cooper and many others have polarized audiences into "love them or hate them." Look at JD's talent and not his social skills and you just might see something in there.

Or not. I don't know. After all, I'm only watching the same Mark Burnett production that you are watching. The real personalities and talent will come out after the show is over.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
True on watching MBs version of JD. I think JD is being edited into a negative light so that the show will have a villian. MB really loves his villians.

I don't like JD a whole bunch and sure as heck would not stake my career on someone with so little ability to work in a team. However, I don't have the dislike for him that I would for someone like Johnny Fairplay, Richard Hatch or Amorosa.

08-17-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
15. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
yeah, sometimes passion & intensity can manifest themselves in the wrong way if not controlled. I think JD has to work to control these traits. not sure if INXS will want to deal with that.

I sure hope the final two are JD & Mig. I'd be happy with either winning, although I think JD will have a tough time with another career. Mig would have no problem finding success outside of INXS.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
I like JD more after the songwritting clinic his song WAS better Jordis was the one who refused to except anything other than HER ideas I think JD has the most Rock Star quality (although I do like Mig too) so put me on love catagory I'd like to see him win this thing

PK
ps this show is soooo much better than American Idol

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Who are we all talking about?
Who causes the most controversy?

JD

Alot of the others are forgettable. And who wants a frontman that is just So-So? Who gets the audience attention? Good or Bad who do we notice? JD.

What is INXS looking for? They are doing this for a new lead singer to get attention back on their band.

I think JD fits with what INXS is looking for. They don't want a lead singer that is just going to be happy they won and do what they are told. They want an individual that is going to stand out and get attention.

me144 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-17-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail me144 Click to send private message to me144 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-05 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

We are talking about him as a contestant in a reality show. But I would have no interest whatsoever in him as lead singer of INXS or any other band. I really don't think he's going to win, anyway.

I also don't think editing can make someone something they're not. Do you see the way EVERY single of his housemates sincerely dislike him? This is not because they are afraid of his talent; it's because he is an unpleasant, negative person.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"

> Do you see the
>way EVERY single of his
>housemates sincerely dislike him?
>This is not because they
>are afraid of his talent;
> it's because he is
>an unpleasant, negative person.

I would not say EVERY housemate dislikes him. Both Brandon and Suzie have called him their friend.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-17-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-05 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

Couldn't have said it better myself, Loree. I've dug out my INXS CDs and have been listening to them since this show started. I really think J.D. should win and, hands down, he is the best for INXS out of the bunch and I will buy their new album as soon as it hits the stores.

The only other I could see is MiG, but he just doesn't bring out enough fire and passion and controversy and rocker attitude.

Can't deny that all of these contestants have serious talent in their respective styles (excepting Jessica & Deanna IMO).

This show is so much better than Idol and it's discouraging that CBS doesn't thinks it's getting enough viewers, because I enjoy this show so much.

CBRetriever 24 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBRetriever Click to send private message to CBRetriever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
One of the best and most successful front men who never got along with his band was Jim Morrison. Axl Rose was also a tempermental hard to get along with type. Point is, sometimes talent and creativity overcomes all the personality defects. If INXS wants a yes man with no creativity for front man, they can play it safe with Ty or Deanna or Jessica (she's only ever written about 6 songs). MiG, Jordis and Suzie show some spark of creativity and quite a bit of singing ability. The only ones who can both sing and are creative seem to be Marty (unless one considers that absolute travesty during the teamwork competition) and JD.

Add in the fact that controversy causes the media to take notice and splash one's pictures everywhere, which increases album sales. Madonna is a prime example of this, her career has been very carefully orchestrated to create controversy in the beginning to get herself noticed, then allow her talent to show in the middle phase, and now she's considered a mega star. Anyway, it is indeed possible that INXS will choose JD. My husband, on the other hand, thinks that they've already made up their minds, and that MiG will be the winner.

08-18-05, 03:51 AM (EST)
20. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
Hey I'm actually replying to everyone who has replied to my question here.. Thanks to all, and I agree with most of your views and disagree with a tiny few comments.

First of all, I believe INXS wants to be the one recognized because they have worked hard and many years to establish their fame. I have a feeling they wud like a more cooperative lead singer. However; I do understand that other famed lead singers who did not get along w/ their bands did well. I believe it was because the lead singer had more control especially with audiences.

I actually liked most of the difficult yet successful lead singers that you mentioned. Since INXS is in control of this event, I believe they are going to go with Mig. They don't want to deal w/ a singer who wants to butt heads with them every time.

For those of you who recognized that there was a fine line btwn genius and insanity.. I agree greatly. I do think, JD wud be better off on his own with a band willing to cater to his demands. Yes, I agree he was being spoiled and yes I agree Jordis was being stubborn as well. I guess it's all up to INXS in the end.

I just see a lot of "dangers" associated with JD and he has been GREATLY inconsistent with his performances which makes me feel he is a risky choice.. It's been all over the charts and confusing.. I would not hire a guy like JD to play for a band that I'm investing in because you never know what you're paying for.. a lousy performance, a great one, or a lawsuit. Too risky for me~

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-18-05 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

The most interesting part about this is that none of the top true contenders (if we're figuring Mig, Marty, JD and Jordis here) have not had to sing an INXS song yet, so we have no idea if they're going to butcher it up or sound like gold. I'm looking forward to that part of the competition very much -- sort of the test of truth moment.

I love JD as a singer/performer and he's obviously extremely talented and artistic, but his attitude leaves me both hot and cold, depending on the week. I don't fault him for racheting up the competition a few notches, as he's definitely raised the bar for everyone else to start competing harder, but I do wonder about his "poutiness" when not getting his way and how that could affect him working within the band. Sure, he loves INXS, but is he going to sing their songs the way THEY want them sung, is he going to be able to collaborate with them on new future material, but I feel some of his creativity (or anyone who wins) is going to be put off with actually winning this competition and will he be okay with that?

I almost fear for whoever does win, because I'm wondering if it's going to be a career buster for them. I have huge doubts as to whether INXS can pull off such a huge career comeback this late in the game. There's a reason this show isn't doing well in the ratings, and that's because lots of young people have no idea who INXS even are. It's a shame because this show, in terms of pure talent, smokes American Idol out the door.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
OK, Just when I thought I could never enjoy watching JD perform again he forced me to re-evaluate him with a great performance. I think it would be a mistake for INXS to pick him, but my opinion of him went up and I am looking forward to see if he can get back on track.

I agree with shanana, this show really highlights the talent shortfall on American Idol.

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EXPLAIN JD TO ME!"
"""I almost fear for whoever does win, because I'm wondering if it's going to be a career buster for them. I have huge doubts as to whether INXS can pull off such a huge career comeback this late in the game. There's a reason this show isn't doing well in the ratings, and that's because lots of young people have no idea who INXS even are. It's a shame because this show, in terms of pure talent, smokes American Idol out the door.""""

I have to agree with shanana banana 100% on this quote....

Regarding the comments on JD....I've been so hot and cold with him with his performances...but mostly cold with his personality. I know this isn't a competition to see who can be the nicest, but heck he can be such a jerk. Ever notice during the performances on some of the others he sits like a bump on a log where the others are clapping, standing and enjoying themselves? He's probably a strong contender to win...but he's a hard guy to like, IMO.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •