The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"London 2016 anyone?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshine 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-02-14, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"London 2016 anyone?"
So... Brasil are having big issues with preparing for The World Cup apparently some of the stadia are still being built, which would be less worrying if kick off weren't in 10 days time.

This has given the wibblies to the generally oblivious IOC (hey if I received that many presents every other year I might be prepared to be oblivious too), and supposedly there is a vague possibility that Lunnon may be called in to host again 😊 as a) We did a dashed good job in 2012, and b)(more importantly) still have most of the venues

Dull fact. In 1908 Rome was supposed to host the games, however when Mount Vesuvius erupted in 1906 the Italians found more important things to spend their money on and London took over. In 1948 the world was recovering from a bit of turmoil so London took the Olympics on (although competitors did have to bring their own sandwiches) so it is something we have done before.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: London 2016 anyone? kingfish 06-03-14 1
 RE: London 2016 anyone? Estee 06-04-14 2
 RE: London 2016 anyone? PepeLePew13 06-09-14 3
   RE: London 2016 anyone? starshine 06-10-14 4
       RE: London 2016 anyone? PepeLePew13 06-10-14 5
           RE: London 2016 anyone? snidget 06-10-14 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 17267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-03-14, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
I vote London.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 56751 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-14, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
Currently, my favorite IOC story is the one titled No One Wants To Host The Winter Olympics. Countries are withdrawing their bids at high speed after figuring out that once you include bribe expenses, there may be no way to make a profit on the Games. The upcoming vote is reaching the point where there may be no one left to vote on.

I would feel sorry for the athletes -- and laugh at the IOC. A lot. You'd think there was no real way to shoot yourself in the foot with this product. But as it turns out, no one is too big or important to fail.

PepeLePew13 25272 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-14, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
There's now scuttlebutt that Qatar could lose the 2022 World Cup as well, since it's come out there was bribing (no! really! shocking! who'da ever guessed it?!?) going on to nail down the votes for Qatar. The sponsors (i.e. adidas) are putting pressure on FIFA to revisit the vote as well.

starshine 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-10-14, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
Sony were the first mega-sponsor to have a word, last I heard five out of the six major sponsors were telling FIFA to have an inquiry.

This isn't really that new though, FIFA themselves are saying that they have rooted out the bad apples, so presumably admitting there were bad apples when Qatar got the tournament.

One of the reasons national FAs are quite angry about this is that the tournament was awarded to Qatar as a summer tournament, however immediately after being awarded it they said it would be too hot in the summer so it would have to take place in the winter disrupting the national leagues.

PepeLePew13 25272 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-14, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
Yeah you have to wonder what's going on with Qatar overall, not just with the bribing/sponsors, but also with the stadium issue. They originally planned to build 9 stadiums and retrofit three others, but now that has been cut to 8 stadiums total, including the retrofits. Money, delays, personnel issues, etc.

Would really suck to be Qatar to be left with 8 half-built stadiums and money lost on bribes if the FIFA come to their senses and take away the World Cup.

In case anyone was wondering... it's 42C (108F) in Doha, Qatar, at the moment as it turns to evening. Tomorrow? 45C/113F.

snidget 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-10-14, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: London 2016 anyone?"
Hopefully the soccer players are a bit tougher than the professional basketball peeps who can't handle less than optimal air conditioning.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •