The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Week #7 Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55522 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-17-13, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Week #7 Complaining Thread."
Let's leave the sport for a moment.

A little while ago, a two-year old boy was beaten to death.

We don't know much about his home life, other than his being taken care of by a single mother who had a boyfriend: he did the beating. There were initial reports of abuse from those who studied the body. The boyfriend was caught and is being held on a cash-only bond he probably can't meet.

Elements of this happen every day. The child dies. Sometimes the killer gets away. Most of the time, no one bothers reporting the story, or the trial, and sometimes there wasn't a person outside the residence who knew that child was ever alive at all. When it's a constant background noise, the press stops reporting on the drone.

The only reason we know that child died is because Adrian Peterson was his father.

Feel free to have dark thoughts about birth luck now.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Week #7 Complaining Thread. Snidget 10-17-13 1
 Rams/Panthers Snidget 10-20-13 2
   RE: Rams/Panthers PepeLePew13 10-20-13 3
 The end of Jets vs. Patriots. Estee 10-20-13 4
   RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. bullzeye 10-20-13 5
       RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. PepeLePew13 10-20-13 6
           RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. Estee 10-20-13 7
               RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. PepeLePew13 10-20-13 8
           Pepe, stop giving them ideas. Snidget 10-20-13 10
       RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. newsomewayne 10-21-13 16
           RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. Estee 10-21-13 17
               RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. newsomewayne 10-21-13 18
                   RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. Estee 10-21-13 19
           RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. samboohoo 10-22-13 20
 And that's hard to do. Estee 10-20-13 9
 Thank you, Bilal Powell. Max Headroom 10-20-13 11
   RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell. PepeLePew13 10-20-13 12
       RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell. Max Headroom 10-21-13 13
   RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell. Estee 10-21-13 14
       RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell. Max Headroom 10-21-13 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44134 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-13, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Week #7 Complaining Thread."
*dark*Well, you gotta figure that keeping up with 457 kids from 455 or so baby mamas, one of them is going to run into a violent sumofanitch sooner or later.

Isn't that why you cast your seed far and wide, at least a few of them have to take root in a favorable location and get the right nutrients and such.

Sadly this kind of thing usually is just background noise as it happens so often you just can't keep track of it all.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-20-13, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Rams/Panthers"
If it gets much more heated a hockey game might break out.

I don't recall these being two teams that just have all that much hate on each other.

PepeLePew13 24803 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-13, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rams/Panthers"
Yeah well, it didn't help that Bradford was knocked out by a perceived dirty hit (even if it wasn't in actuality) so that's what helped fan the flames.

10-20-13, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
...unsportsmanlike conduct: pushing your own player into a pile, minus fifteen yards?

...what?

...seriously. What?

bullzeye 4976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-20-13, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
Utter B.S.

10-20-13, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-13 AT 05:28 PM (EST)

It's a new rule this season - you can't push your own player up into the line to try and get better height in order to block the kick. Not saying that I think the rule is perfect, but it is what it is now.

(Come to think of it, it's surprising that no team had thought of putting in their biggest and lightest guys together, with the biggest guy just flinging the lighter guy ten feet high into the air to get in the way of the kick.)

10-20-13, 05:40 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
Now that's a Daffy: great trick, works exactly once. I'm guessing this has been done below the professional level and thus got outlawed before it could ever reach the NFL.

I was just very surprised by that penalty. I kept staring at the replay as closely as the image resolution allowed and I still had no idea what had happened. And as for it being worth fifteen yards...

It's not as if I wanted the Patriots to win that game, but for the Jets to get it that way -- on a penalty which the announcers felt no one had ever called before... it's just a little bit weird.

Incidentally, let no one talk about Geno's OT drive, at least in any way as belonging to him. Run, run, run, run, run...

10-20-13, 05:47 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-13 AT 05:50 PM (EST)

{dark}

Well... The Giants definitely aren't getting into the Super Bowl this year, and the NFL surely wants to ensure there is a chance of a NY-area team getting into the big game, no? Say, who's hosting this thing, anyhow?

{/dark}

10-20-13, 07:00 PM (EST)
10. "Pepe, stop giving them ideas."
Offsides style points for the Steeler that leaped over both of the crouched front lines to scare the kicker before he did the kick.

At least he was airborne, but he flung hisself.

newsomewayne 9110 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-13, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
Which part is BS? The part where an obscure and stupid rule affected the outcome of a Patriots game? Or the part where this time the ruling went against the Patriots?

Tuck it...excuse me... suck it up.

Sincerely,
Fans from the other 31 teams in the league.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

10-21-13, 01:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
I've been hearing variations on this all day, starting with 'Your turn' and moving on through 'But at least this one wasn't in the playoffs, right?' before arriving at 'Boo. Hoo. Hoo.'

From the benefiting side, I recognize that it's the rule -- but as a call, it still felt strange.

newsomewayne 9110 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-13, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
I haven't read or listened to anybody else's reaction. That was just mine. In both cases, I believe that it was a rule that should not be a rule. However, I don't think ref's are allowed that kind of judgement on the field. If it's a rule, it's a rule. Judgement in the violation, not the application.

I understand this is a new rule this year. As such, surely it has some recent history or justification behind its implementation. I'd be interested to know what that is. I've never heard complaints about this before. Don't know why they'd need a rule for it. The only correlation I can make is the rule against aiding the progress of the ball carrier by pushing him.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

10-21-13, 04:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
I've heard and read a few (including, at this point, Simmons, who is not happy to be the wrong end), and a lot of it came down to 'Now?' As in, there's been three digits of field goals attempts to date in the season and suddenly the penalty gets called? Hoodie's been trying to sell a line about how the rule only applies on something with a secondary and this wasn't the right place to put it, but those who've read the thing found nothing about that at all, which means the bigger wonder was that Hoodie managed to vocalize a lie of more than three words.

Of course, if he'd been on the other side of that call? Greatest rule in the world.

The only correlation I can make is the rule against aiding the progress of the ball carrier by pushing him.

*nods* That's what I'm hearing. But it feels like a call which could happen on every field goal attempt. When you're rushing the line and trying to close in on the kicker's standing point, it's very hard not to run into a teammate. What's the difference between unavoidable collision and deliberate push? Hand position, sure -- but just going in with a shoulder down...

Reminds me of a story where football was played with robots refereeing -- ones which were openly programmed to make one major miscall per game. Just to preserve the sport's flavor.

samboohoo 17118 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-13, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The end of Jets vs. Patriots. "
I didn't see the game or really even hear anything about it until later Sunday night. But my very thought was, "Tuck Rule," and then I fell over laughing.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

10-20-13, 06:17 PM (EST)
9. "And that's hard to do."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9854353/dallas-cowboys-projected-31-million-salary-cap-2014

This is a story which kind of makes me miss Al Davis. Because if it happened to his Raiders, there was at least a 75% chance he would have sued the league under a claim that the salary cap was discriminatory.

Jerry Jones? 40%, tops.

Max Headroom 10045 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-13, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Thank you, Bilal Powell."
Those three carries for six yards really helped my fantasy team this week.

Where the heck did Chris Ivory come from? I thought league rules required him to get hurt after every ten carries?

10-20-13, 08:04 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell."
I had a first rounder, C.J. Spiller, who outgained Bilal Powell by 1 yard net on the day ... 11 yards rushing and -4 receiving. Oh joy.

10-21-13, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell."
Thought about starting Zac "14-point" Stacy in his place and didn't. Those are the decisions that turn wins into losses. *sigh*

10-21-13, 10:47 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell."
I'm not seeing the problem here. Given his reputation, who on Earth would have started Chris Ivory?

The really fun fantasy numbers should come tonight. An 0-6 team vs. a 1-4, which I'm told is the worst combined winning percentage for a Week 7 Monday night matchup ever. Quality football should produce quality fantasy points, right? Which in turn means tonight will...

...will...

...enjoy the extra sleep.

10-21-13, 12:44 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Thank you, Bilal Powell."
I could've started someone else instead of Bilal "Benchwarmer" Powell and gotten lots more points. While I might still have lost this week with someone else in that starting roster spot, I definitely lost with Bilal there.

And my next week starter at QB? Is Eli Manning, since Andrew Luck is on a bye. Somehow I'm not feeling too lucky right now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •