The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-12, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Let's take a moment to look over last year's results.

*surveys mountain of corpses*

...right. Geez, every bloody season... this is a free pool (because death is cheap) and I'm not paying for the diamonds this year....

...transporter buffer pattens? Sure, I'll take any doubletalk that works. Let me know if anyone shows up inside-out.

*lots and lots of bad special effects later*

So now that I have your attention again: welcome to the killing fields, which some people insist on calling a football season and I personally think of as a really good way to test that new anti-Luminol agent. For some reason, people want to cross them just so they can say they made it to the other side. And every year, only one person gets across. And what's their reward? They get to turn around and count all the ones who didn't. This must be a very enjoyable thing. People keep trying to accomplish it. And failing.

Want to sign up for your almost-guaranteed-to-fail shot? Then here's the rules.

1. Each player chooses one team per week whom they believe will lose their game. That's right: lose. We're all about the losing around here. You haven't seen this many losers since the last Malin family reunion, even given that he was the only one who showed up.

2. Your choice must be in no later than half an hour before the first game of the week kicks off. This applies no matter which game you're picking. Yes, this will hurt when we get to Thursday NFL Network games. I don't care. There is a very real question as to whether death is worse than watching the NFL Network anyway. You may get the chance to find out.

Your pick should be posted in public, but the secretive may PM them in if they absolutely must. Just be warned: all privately-sent picks will be revealed in the following week's thread. How else is anyone going to know why you're out? (Oh, right -- see below.)

3. Miss one pick, you're out -- and it's probably going to be gory. (Posting details of your exact game suicide method from beyond the grave is encouraged.) Miss a week and you're out. Pick a game that ends in a tie and while your chosen team probably lost some playoff possibilities, you just lost the pool: out. It's a suicide pool. You should not expect mercy. There is only one thing you should expect and you think you can actually avoid it. Have you seen the last few fields?

4. Each player can only pick a given team once per season: no repeats. So even if you believe with all your heart that the Colts are going to very carefully stockpile a few more high prospects through the art and science of sleeping one extra hour a week, you still get to anti-back them for a single game. Spread your losing ways around. Everybody loses eventually. (Even the Patriots.) But your taking a team only locks them out to you.

EXCEPTION: Aethelstan, as last year's sole survivor (lowercase forever used to avoid lawsuits), holds the Winner's Edge: upon announcing its use, he may take a personally already-used team for a second time. The Edge may only be turned in once per season and may be used in any week from the second one on, including the last. Think that's too great a power to possess? Would you prefer I had invited mentors to help you choose these games for the first four weeks, then let them start playing after the body count was well on the way to X-1? No? Then shaddap.

5. The point spread doesn't matter. Your team must lose the normal way: by having the opposition ring up a higher score. Respect the classics.

6. The last player standing gets to take that long slow look back and then not have to deal with this again for the entire offseason. For some reason, this seems to be enough. (Any sigpics will have to be made by or for the winner.) And can enjoy a portion of the world's most dangerous substance, dihydrogen monoxide, at their own risk. However, it might kill them.

6a. Should all remaining players go out in the same week, we'll have a lose-off. Details should they become necessary -- but it won't be the same as the the first time it happened.

7. Once again, there is a twist coming in Week #1. All players are eligible to try for it. It will provide a tool for sabotage. And who will it hurt? Quite possibly yourself. You may have noticed that absolutely everything in this game is trying to kill you, and that includes any weapon I hand you. So use it at your own risk. Or don't go for it and watch someone else use it on you. I won't judge.

Remember: all the winner gets out of this is that long look back. And yet you all seem to want it. Strange people, all of you.

What's that? What do I get? Silly question.

I get to watch.

And loot the bodies. That's fun too.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... PepeLePew13 08-12-12 1
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Molaholic 08-12-12 2
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Snidget 08-12-12 3
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Max Headroom 08-12-12 4
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... tribephyl 08-13-12 5
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... bullzeye 08-13-12 6
   RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Estee 08-13-12 8
   RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Max Headroom 08-15-12 16
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... mrc 08-13-12 7
   RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Estee 08-13-12 9
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... byoffer 08-13-12 10
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Starshine 08-13-12 11
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... Scuba Steve 08-13-12 12
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... aethelstan 08-13-12 13
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... VisionQuest 08-15-12 14
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... kidflash212 08-15-12 15
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... michel 08-15-12 17
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... newsomewayne 08-16-12 18
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... samboohoo 08-19-12 19
 Bump. Estee 08-24-12 20
 RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: si... sittem 08-28-12 21
 me cqvenus 08-30-12 22
 Meh AyaK 08-30-12 23
   RE: Meh Estee 08-30-12 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-12, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Aye, count me in!

*runs off to prepare my death speech*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-12, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Somebody needs to be the first one out (like maybe during the coin toss of game 1), so put me in.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-12, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Did you see how badly I picked in the Olympics Pool. Yikes!

Death would be a mercy.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-12, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Count me in. My only regret is that I can only pick the Colts once, though there will be sixteen excellent opportunities for them to lose this season.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-12, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
OKay.
Count me in.

Will commit suicide for money.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-12, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I'll try my best not to be the first person out this year and actually submit a pick on time in week one. After that - no promises.

08-13-12, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
You might have noticed I did you the courtesy of not renaming Rule #2 as 'The Bullzeye'.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-12, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Might as well pick the Patriots early. You don't want to bomb out of the pool with that pick still in your pocket, after all.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-12, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I'm prepared to go out the first week like every other season.

A Slice of Manga

08-13-12, 11:05 AM (EST)
9. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I believe Max is advising you to take the Colts first.

And second.

And third through seventeenth, not including a bye week.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-12, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I'm in.

Do we loot the bodies, or boot the lodies??

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-13-12, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Well after last years little disaster why not?

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-13-12, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
In. I got pretty far last year, and I didn't even get around to picking the Colts.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-13-12, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
In.
Law of average says I should be out by.... *looks around* when does pre-season start?

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-15-12, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
In - I only hope I don't die by the Bills again this year.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-15-12, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I'm in. I hope the eulogies are sufficiently weepy.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-12, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
I'm in! I'm pretty good at losing.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-12, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
In. You should know I'm a sucker when it comes to overseeing the punishment of others.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-12, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Me!

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

08-24-12, 01:20 PM (EST)
20. "Bump."
I know we have more death wishes in the group than this. I'm familiar with your viewing habits.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-12, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: RTVW NFL Suicide Pool 2012: signup sheet."
Don't think I've been in OT in at least six months. But, for this I'm back. I'll always be back - unless my medicare voucher eventually prohibits it.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-12, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "me"

I would like to play.

cq

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-30-12, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Meh"
I'm in, although I wasn't in for long last year (Cincinnati in week 1?).

08-30-12, 05:18 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Meh"
I happen to have a very clear memory of that pick, mostly because I also happened to make it. And guess what? I'm considering making it again.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results. Now what was that supposedly the definition of...?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •