The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Euro 2012"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Euro 2012"
Who's watching? Who's cheering for whom? Who wants to discuss??

Oh, and "go Spain go!!"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Spain v Italy 1-1 byoffer 06-10-12 1
   RE: Spain v Italy 1-1 bullzeye 06-11-12 5
 RE: Euro 2012 Starshine 06-10-12 2
 RE: Euro 2012 Estee 06-10-12 3
   RE: Euro 2012 byoffer 06-10-12 4
       RE: Euro 2012 AyaK 06-11-12 6
 The story so far Starshine 06-16-12 7
   RE: The story so far Starshine 06-16-12 8
       RE: The story so far byoffer 06-18-12 9
 Monday Group C - half-time spoiler byoffer 06-18-12 10
   RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoi... Starshine 06-18-12 11
   RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoi... bullzeye 06-18-12 13
       RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoi... byoffer 06-18-12 14
 RE: Euro 2012 Max Headroom 06-18-12 12
 Round 2 AyaK 06-21-12 15
   RE: Round 2 Starshine 06-22-12 16
   RE: Round 2 Starshine 06-23-12 17
       RE: Round 2 AyaK 06-23-12 18
           RE: Round 2 HobbsofMI 06-25-12 19
               RE: Round 2 byoffer 06-26-12 20
                   RE: Round 2 Starshine 06-26-12 21
 RE: Euro 2012 byoffer 06-27-12 22
 RE: Euro 2012 byoffer 06-28-12 23
 RE: Euro 2012 Starshine 06-29-12 24
   RE: Euro 2012 byoffer 07-03-12 26
 RE: Euro 2012 bullzeye 06-29-12 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-10-12, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Spain v Italy 1-1 "
I thought the game started an hour later than it did, so I missed the first half. What I saw seemed to involve Spain controlling (around 60% possession) and attacking (most of play in Italian end) with Italians defending and counter attacking. Exactly what was expected. Italy scored first, and Spain replied quickly. Two nice touch goals. Both teams had other chances, but neither converted. For Spain, disappointing but not disastrous. Italy will probably be happy with the draw (though losing a lead is tough).
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-11-12, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spain v Italy 1-1 "
I think Italy might have been satisfied with a draw if Croatia and Ireland also drew. Now with Croatia the only team in the group to have won, this will make it much more difficult for the other to advance.

Agree with Starshine - the Danes looked better than expected - you could sense how frustrated the Dutch players were getting as the game progressed. I also like the Russian squad, though I don't see them as finalists.

Agree - Go Spain!

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-12, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Euro 2012"
One has so far had a (small) punt on 4 games, all of which I got wrong.

So on that basis England are going to beat France. Netherlands beat Germany, and Ireland win against Croatia.

I always underestimate the Danish, they qualified ahead of Portugal so they can't be that bad.

At the moment I am anticipating a Spain vs Germany final, as to the winner, as Gary Lineker famously said Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-12, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Euro 2012"
No thanks. I can get my minimum daily allowance of racist chants a lot closer to home.

06-10-12, 09:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Euro 2012"
I was shocked by that. I truly hope it was a few bad apples and that the masses will shut these asshats down. I guess we will find out with tomorrow's game with multi-racial England.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-12, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Euro 2012"
I have to admit, I love the fact that Poland and Ukraine are hosting, even though it means that there will be some racist behavior. I'm particularly fascinated by tomorrow's match between Poland and its archenemy Russia in Warsaw tomorrow.

I'm also fascinated by the cities chosen as hosts in Ukraine. Lviv and Kiev are very anti-Russian. By contrast, Kharkiv is half Russian in population (although it's Ukraine's second-largest city) and Donetsk is majority Russian-speaking, where even the ethnic Ukrainians have to speak Russian. The latter two cities, especially Donetsk, are strongholds of the pro-Russian government currently ruling Ukraine. Fortunately for Ukraine's world image, Russia probably won't ever get to play in either city during Euro 2012 (because the stadium would resemble Mexico's matches in California).

As far as the qualifiers, I'm still stunned by Netherlands' loss to Denmark in round 1. I tend to root for Croatia in European competition because I think the Croats had it extremely rough between WWI and the Yugoslavian Civil War and deserve a reward for their suffering, but it's really not possible to pick this competition yet.

Frankly, I'm worried that Putin wants to bury everyone in preparation for Russia's 2014 Winter Olympics, the same way that Hitler wanted to bury everyone before the 1936 Winter and Summer Olympics in Germany, and will stop at nothing to achieve it.

06-16-12, 03:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The story so far"
Group A
Country W D L GD Pts
Russia 1 1 0 3 4
Czech 1 0 1 -2 3
Poland 0 2 0 0 2
Greece 0 1 1 -1 1

To play Czech Rep vs Poland & Russia vs Greece

Still any two teams could qualify, to me it looks like Russia and Poland have the edge.

Group B
Country W D L GD Pts
Germany 2 0 0 2 6
Portugal 1 0 1 0 3
Denmark 1 0 1 0 3
Netherlands 0 0 2 -2 0

To play Denmark vs Germany & Netherlands vs Portugal

Theoretically any team can qualify or fail to qualify, the Germans are looking very good at the moment and Gomez has to be the player of the tournament so far, I certainly wouldn't back against them, however Denmark are a good side and know that they need a win against Germany to qualify. Netherlands are very unhappy at the moment and if Van Persie and Sneijder can pull it together I would expect them to beat a disappointing Portugal, in which case second qualification is all down to GD,

My prediction Germany and Portugal go on

Group C
Country W D L GD Pts
Spain 1 1 0 4 4
Croatia 1 1 0 2 4
Italy 0 2 0 0 2
Ireland 0 0 2 -6 0

To play Croatia vs Spain & Italy vs Republic of Ireland

Sadly the Irish are out of the tournament, but that doesn't mean that they won't have an impact, and they can become a wonderfully fluid team when they have no pressure on them. Italy should manage a win, however if they don't then they are flying home as well. Fabregas is one of the best players ever, but that said Spain are not looking as good as I was expecting, Croatia are (as ever) a tough nut to crack, however both teams need a win to guarantee their progression so I see Spain winning a nervy one, and Croatia going through on GS.

Group D
Country W D L GD Pts
France 1 1 0 2 4
England 1 1 0 1 4
Ukraine 1 0 1 -1 3
Sweden 0 0 2 -2 0

To play England vs Ukraine & France vs Sweden

For the first time in my lifetime England have gone into a tournament not convinced that they are going to win it, and that seems to have given them a bit of an edge, now Rooney is back the team will probably be based around him, which is a big risk as if he plays badly then England will be out. Despite the official status Ukraine are playing at home, and even if Shevchenko isn't the player he was that still leaves him as a player any team would be proud of. France are playing themselves into the tournament and will only get stronger as the tournament progresses.

I predict France to beat Sweden and England to draw with Ukraine, meaning France and England go through.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

It should be noted that my football prediction abilities are very poor!

06-16-12, 06:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The story so far"
so far 0/2!

06-18-12, 10:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The story so far"
Well you got Group B correct, so you are 2-2.

I was very disappointed that Russia lost. I had expected them to sweep that Group.

Netherlands has to be very disappointed with their performance, and Denmark played very tough and certainly had chances to draw their last game (which would have put them through).

Now the Greeks will play the Germans - what a politically charged game!

But that game can wait. For now, Viva Espana!!

06-18-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
10. "Monday Group C - half-time spoiler"
It is now half-time in both the Spain/Croatia and Italy/Ireland games.

and the scores:

Italy has taken a 1-0 lead through Cassano at 35'. Italy has controlled the ball 65%, and has been rewarded with a goal (but it 1 enough??)

Spain has controlled the ball even more, at 68%, but the game remains scoreless.

Can anyone explan the tie-breaker to me? If these two games end as they are now, then each of Spain, Italy, and Croatia will have tie each other and beaten Ireland. Is the next tie-breaker goal differential (which is basically only the games with Ireland). Spain was +4 against Ireland, and Croatia +2. Does Italy just have to win by more than +2 to go on? If they are tied with Croatia at +2, what is the next tie-breaker? Total goals scored?

I know the Italians are worried that Spain and Croatia might be in cahoots to eliminate Italy, but when one mistake could lead to a cahoots country being eliminated I am thinking they won't take any chances.

As always, go Spain.

06-18-12, 04:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoiler"
If Croatia and Italy win Croatia and Italy qualify

If Croatia and Spain draw and Italy win then positions determined by game scores:
if Croatia-Spain draw 0–0, Italy & Spain qualify
if Croatia-Spain draw 1–1
AND if Italy wins by one goal or 2–0, Spain & Croatia
OR if Italy wins by two goals and scores at least three goals, Spain & Italy
OR if Italy wins by three goals or 4–0, Spain & Italy
OR if Italy wins by four or more goals and scores at least five goals, Italy & Spain
if Croatia-Spain draw 2–2 or higher, Spain & Croatia

If Italy draw or lose then Croatia and Spain qualify

06-18-12, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoiler"
"Working" from home certainly has its advantages doesn't it?

06-18-12, 11:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Monday Group C - half-time spoiler"
Actually working from the office, and just keeping track on-line. I wish I could sneak away for more. Maybe for the next rounds.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-12, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Euro 2012"
Needs more cowbell vuvuzelas.

06-21-12, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Round 2"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-12 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

Both co-hosts (Poland and Ukraine) have been eliminated. Ukraine lost a goal against England due to referee error but would still be out even had it counted. Russia, which was probably the class of its group, is gone too, thanks to the Greeks.

As Starshine said, Germany is again the favorite.

Here are 2nd round matches, which start today:

21 Jun, QF1 Czech Republic v Portugal @ Warsaw
22 Jun, QF2 Germany v Greece @ Gdansk
23 Jun, QF3 Spain v France @ Donetsk
24 Jun, QF4 England v Italy @ Kiev

The fascinating game here will be QF2. First, the game is in Gdansk, which (until post-WWII) was the German city of Danzig. Although the Russians forced all the ethnic Germans out of the city after WWII, this is still likely to feel like a home field for Germany. Second, the Germans dislike the Greeks for throwing a big-budget party and then sticking Germany with the bill. Third, the Greeks hate the Germans for forcing the Greeks to end their party. Fourth, German PM Angela Merkel will be attending the game, and the Greeks think of her as Satan incarnate.

If England was playing in Russian-leaning Donetsk (which used to be known as "Stalino"), it would be the target of the crowd's wrath both for being England and for eliminating Ukraine. We'll see whether it's different in Western-leaning Kiev.

06-22-12, 08:28 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Round 2"

The Bailout Game

06-23-12, 04:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Round 2"
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-12 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

Alonso!

Spain looked very tired towards the end though.

06-23-12, 05:44 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Round 2"
Portugal v. Spain will be worth seeing in the semifinals. Could C. Ronaldo get himself the player of the year honors by taking out the Spanish?

In the other semifinal, we have Germany versus the winner of England-Italy.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

06-25-12, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Round 2"
Skills competition decides England/Italy.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

06-26-12, 09:48 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Round 2"
Crushing defeat for England, but from where I sat Italy deserved the win more than England, who didn't attack nearly enough to actually try to win the game.

Can the Italian defence stop the high-scoring Germans?

06-26-12, 11:16 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Round 2"
I would have won a lot more money England didn't deserve extra time, there were 10 - 15 minutes in the first half when England played really well, however that was it. A disappointing performance.

My feeling was that England may actually have been more cohesive as a team had Rooney not played, although I appreciate that I am not in the majority party here.

Can the Italian defence stop the high-scoring Germans? No

Although to be fair stranger things have happened and Catenaccio is an Italian word.

06-27-12, 10:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Euro 2012"
That? Was way too close. But at least Spain is on to the final. Hopefully there they will find more offense.

I will be quite surprised if Germany doesn't beat Italy tomorrow.

06-28-12, 09:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Euro 2012"
2-0 at the half I expected, but not for Italy. Germany got one very late on a PK, but Italy moves on to face Spain. I am stunned.

But...

Go Spain!!

06-29-12, 01:12 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Euro 2012"
Well there you go then those were totally different German and Italian sides than I had seen in the tourney so far.

Apparently Germany have never beaten Italy in a major tournament, who knew?

07-03-12, 02:54 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Euro 2012"
I was stunned that Italy beat Germany, despite hearing the history of Italy not losing to the Germans. Makes no sense.

I can say that as a fan of Spain I was pleasantly surprised by this result. Spain might have had a much tougher test with the Germans.

06-29-12, 08:18 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Euro 2012"
I missed the Spain/Portugal game entirely, but did make it back just in time to watch the Italy/Germany game. I was surprised at the lack of adjustments by the German team until it was too late to recover.

Go Spain.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •