The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #7 NFL Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-11, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #7 NFL Complaining Thread."
Did you hear the one about the egotistical radio sports talk host and the cover expert who got into a broadcast slap fight about whether last week's dramatic end zone interception should have been a penalty instead?

No?

Gosh, you're lucky. Because it's all I've heard about for the last. two. days.

I could link to the interview. I won't.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 W* #2. Estee 10-23-11 1
 Losing his game religon. Estee 10-23-11 2
   RE: Losing his game religon. cahaya 10-24-11 10
 Browns 6, Seahawks 3. Estee 10-23-11 3
   RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3. Max Headroom 10-23-11 4
       RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3. Estee 10-23-11 5
           RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3. Max Headroom 10-23-11 6
               RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3. Snidget 10-23-11 7
                   RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3. PepeLePew13 10-23-11 8
                       So close. Estee 10-23-11 9
                           RE: So close. cahaya 10-24-11 11
                               RE: So close. Max Headroom 10-24-11 13
                                   RE: So close. cahaya 10-24-11 14
 Just wondering. Estee 10-24-11 12
   RE: Just wondering. PepeLePew13 10-24-11 15
       RE: Just wondering. Estee 10-24-11 16
           RE: Just wondering. Max Headroom 10-24-11 17
               RE: Just wondering. Snidget 10-24-11 18
               RE: Just wondering. Estee 10-24-11 19
                   RE: Just wondering. cahaya 10-25-11 22
 *blink* Snidget 10-24-11 20
   RE: *blink* HobbsofMI 10-25-11 21
 This might catch (by the other team... Estee 10-25-11 23
   RE: This might catch (by the other ... cahaya 10-25-11 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-23-11, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "W* #2."
If I showed Norv Turner a clock, would he scream 'Witchcraft!' and try to smash it with a hammer, or do you think he'd just eat it?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-23-11, 04:29 PM (EST)
2. "Losing his game religon."
I don't get it. You'd think if anyone would understood about deliberately throwing a match in order to set up a thousand-year reign of torturing the innocent, it would be Tim Tebow.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-11, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Losing his game religon."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-11 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

This guy is fantasy torture. I had him in one FF squad to sub for Brady (on bye) and another squad to sub for Rivers with Vincent Jackson on Revis island and Gates playing a few snaps.

So, the game's almost over. First and ten at their own 20 with 5:23 to burn on the clock, down 15 to zilch and Tebow has put up some yardage but naught else for a gawd-awful 6 FF points (he was projected at 12, so it's not a huge loss).

Then the clouds parted and the football gods took pity on him. Suddenly errant balls find their targets, would-have-been sacks become 20 yard scrambles and another pass finds its target cruising into the end zone. Ok, it's 15-7 and the fantasy score is now slightly above projections, so anyone playing him as a bye week filler can say they got their money's worth, even if it's not a lot.

But that's just the beginning. An improbable onside kick sees the football gods sending the ball into the hands of a Denver player and Tebow gets a bonafide, if highly improbable, chance to tie the game with 2:41 left. And here we go again, all the way down to the red zone where yet another pass finds it mark. 15-13. Now, what were the standard statistical odds for a successful 2-point conversion?

No worries. The football gods part the Dolphin Sea and Moses Tebow strolls through virtually untouched. Boom. 15-15.

In the span of five and a half minutes, Tebow has gone from being bottom 5 to top 5 QB's for the day, doubling his projected FF score.

After another five and a half minutes in OT, the football gods waffle as the teams see-saw on the field. Then they intervene and force a Matt Moore fumble within extreme field goal range. Fifty-two yards of it. The kick is guided by the gods through the uprights to give Tim his righteous rewards for never failing to worship them when all seems lost.

(eta a bonafide complaint) I forgot to mention the devil, incarnated in the form of coach Shanahan. After the FF pundits play up Torain all week ("should totally romp against the league's second worst run defense"), Shanahan shows the FF pundits who's the real boss and Torain sees no action until late in the game. And then Torain contributes a grand total of -0.5 FF points on five yards of losses. That's right, negative 0.5. The righteous Tim set things right on this score, though, with his extra good points more than making up for the devil's Shanahanigans.

And, yes, I can thank Tim and his football gods for contributing to a pair of victories on the FF field this week.

10-23-11, 06:05 PM (EST)
3. "Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
*clap*

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-11, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
I'd take a 6-3 win. Just sayin'.

And so would any Dolphins or Rams fans. Suck for Luck, indeed.

10-23-11, 07:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
You'll take another primetime buttkicking and like it.

The rest of the country, not so much.

10-23-11, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
Not me, I have no intention of watching tonight's game.

I will be looking for game tickets for the Jags and/or Panthers games. Game tickets are already selling for half of face value, and by that point in the season they may even be cheaper.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-11, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
*pops over to check on the game*

Only the second quarter and Max really should pretend this is a bye week for the Colts.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-11, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Browns 6, Seahawks 3."
At this pace, the Saints are 'only' on pace to score 68 points tonight.

10-23-11, 11:26 PM (EST)
9. "So close."
Sixty-two points was all the poor offensively-challenged team could manage. And now their abused defense has to put up with eighteen hours of being screamed at for being so incompetent as to give up that touchdown.

Can't they do anything right?

10-24-11, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: So close."
Yikes, no Mercy Rule in this game. Blow out of the year. Here Manning is in his hometown, standing on the sidelines reading the charts for Painter as if it would make a difference.

10-24-11, 08:06 AM (EST)
13. "RE: So close."
Didn't watch the game at all last night. That was the right choice.

10-24-11, 09:53 AM (EST)
14. "RE: So close."
That was the right choice.

For the fair weather fan, yup.

10-24-11, 07:13 AM (EST)
12. "Just wondering."
How many head coaches will turn up with broken legs next week?

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-11, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Just wondering."
Jim Caldwell might be the first to volunteer.

10-24-11, 05:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Just wondering."
But how are we going to convince Max to stop after the leg?

10-24-11, 06:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Just wondering."
Here's the party line: "The Colts would be competitive if Peyton Manning was playing."

Now ask me if I believe it.

10-24-11, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Just wondering."
Quarterback alone can't turn everything around.

Ag Potion Number Nine

I'm looking at you Kitty Cats.

10-24-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Just wondering."
And do you believe it?

10-25-11, 01:24 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Just wondering."
I would -- if the wording was changed from "competitive" to "more competitive."

For one, Payton wouldn't have these surprise snaps coming at him while calling the audibles.

10-24-11, 10:55 PM (EST)
20. "*blink*"
Maybe Moley was too fast about the Monday night point.

3rd quarter.

Jacksonville has 1 FG per quarter
Baltimore, nothing and the box score says they haven't had a 1st down??

That can't be right.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-11, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: *blink*"
I needed MJD to get 70 yards to win FF and thought I was done. I was watching the WS until TX went up 4-2 and headed to bed. Then I stopped as a joke to see what was going on in this game on the computer. I almost feel over and then turned on the game to see them get their first 1st down.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

10-25-11, 02:08 PM (EST)
23. "This might catch (by the other team) on "
Have you met the Colts QB, Curtis TAINTer?

10-25-11, 04:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: This might catch (by the other team) on "
There a several of these around, but like his passes, none of them stick.

The latest? Curtis Finger Painter

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •