The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-30-09, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Only two more weeks (three hours total) of LOST this season!!!

Synopsis:

Jack and Kate find themselves at odds over the direction to take to save their fellow island survivors, Locke further solidifies his stance as leader of "The Others," and Sawyer and Juliet come under scrutiny from the Dharma Initiative.

Written by Paul Zbyszewski & Elizabeth Sarnoff
Directed by Stephen Williams

Guest List
Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
Francois Chau as Dr. Pierre Chang
Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed
Patrick Fischler as Phil
Eric Lange as Radzinsky
David S. Lee as younger Charles Widmore
Alice Evans as younger Eloise Hawking
Leslie Ishii as Lara
Sebastian Siegel as Erik
Kevin Chapman as Mitch
Elisabeth Blake as Vanessa
William Makozak as Captain Bird
Victoria Goring as mother
Maya Henssens as young girl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader zombiebaby 05-06-09 1
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader Breezy 05-07-09 5
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader dabo 05-07-09 2
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader shimane22 05-07-09 4
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader BrassFan 05-08-09 14
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader shimane22 05-07-09 3
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader warp_core breach 05-07-09 6
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader Breezy 05-07-09 7
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader DoodleBug 05-07-09 9
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader zombiebaby 05-07-09 8
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader trigirl 05-10-09 15
       RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader DoodleBug 05-11-09 16
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader DoodleBug 05-07-09 10
   RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader weltek 05-11-09 17
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader mrc 05-07-09 11
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader sica077 05-07-09 12
 RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader Max Headroom 05-08-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-09 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

Ooops wrong thread.

Like The Sopranos, the penultimate episodes of Lost always rock. Unlike The Sopranos, the finales do as well.
The look on Ben's face at the end? I think I had the same look.

Oh and DAMN YOU KATE!!!!!!!!!Why do you always mess things up!

Love how Ben and Richard seem to not even know about time travel!

One of the strongest episodes ever

Follow the leader? All the leaders had dubious directions.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Agree with everything except a strong episode.

Why couldn't Kate have been shot instead of Daniel? Gawd that woman is a menace.

I think I had the same look too? He's going to what!?!?!?! And why does he need an audience to it? I'm so confused.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Bizarre episode, but I loved the seemless cuts betwen 1977 and 2007. Very well done in that respect.

No Lapidus, newby castaways, Claire, Vincent, Bernard, Rose, Christian, monster, Desmond, Penny, Walt, Danielle, Alex... Did anyone notice Cindy among the Others (2007)? Anyone? The tailie kids perhaps?

Love that Jack and Sayid are out to change the timeline, but I totally expect the detonation of Jughead to be the season cliffhanger. Big Egyptian statue go kaplooey, of course.

Miles and Candle, reconsiliation, peace and love... not exactly a Desmond and Penny moment but it was nice.

Sawyer got beat up. Ouch. Very dramatic but no followthrough, waste of time.

Hurley was wasted on a food gag.

John wants to off Jacob with a big audience, all the Others/Hostiles and Ben to boot. Yeah, let's off some unseen entity, for the island of course.

Oh give me a break! I don't get the metaphor!

Only one more season to go and I doubt this stuff will ever make any real sense in any way, but it is very dramatic and some of the characters are at least interesting.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-09, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Richard said there was a second group of Others at the Temple, which explains Cindy and the kids' absence. We'll probably still never see or hear from them again, but at least they're maintaining some continuity.

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-08-09, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"

>Love that Jack and Sayid are
>out to change the timeline,
>but I totally expect the
>detonation of Jughead to be
>the season cliffhanger. Big
>Egyptian statue go kaplooey, of
>course.

My gut tells me that the bomb goes boom, and it creates the release of the energy that requires the creation of the button. Of course, my gut could be saying that it wants tacoes....it's difficult to interpret sometimes.

>Miles and Candle, reconsiliation, peace and
>love... not exactly a Desmond
>and Penny moment but it
>was nice.

Love the Hugo humor there, too.
Chang: Who's the president?
Hugo: Uh...ok dude, we're from the future.

>John wants to off Jacob with
>a big audience, all the
>Others/Hostiles and Ben to boot.
> Yeah, let's off some
>unseen entity, for the island
>of course.

I think John wants to do that to free Jacob. I think he knows that Richard is keeping Jacob trapped (remember the line of powder around Jacob's cabin?), and he wants to expose Richard as a fraud.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-07-09, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Good god I hate Radzinsky and Phil. I cannot wait for them to die.

There is something creepy about new John Locke... I much prefer Ben, personally.

I agree with Kate versus Jack, but was still annoyed when she got on the submarine.

Glad Richard explained the absence of Cindy and the kids... they're at the Temple with another group of Others.

Glad to see Charlotte and her mother get on the submarine... but where the heck were Amy and baby Ethan? Will they reappear in the finale?

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Good episode. Setting things up for the season finale.

Daniel is even younger than I thought given the fact that it doesn't seem that he has been born yet in 1977.

Ellie feels bad about shooting her future son but she still has her current son... so why the need to take it all back?

Kate is so selfish... yes, why couldn't she have been shot? I can't believe she wants to keep things the same! After all the hell they've been through, after all the deaths of their friends! Because she wants to keep jumping into the sack with Jack... or Sawyer... shesh!! Yeah, I would want things to be changed.

Why did Kate have to get into the submarine. Leave Sawyer and Juliet alone.

I've always hated Radzinsky and I can't wait until he dies. I asked the question before... did he commit suicide or did Kelvin off him because he's so incredibly annoying?

The whole Locke knowing where to find himself at the plane was confusing. How did he know when that would occur? The island told him... WTF?!

Locke is super creepy now... so much so that Richard thinks he's a problem. Talk about fickle though.

I think whatever happens, hydrogen bomb, pocket of energy, that is what is responsible for the infertility.

So, according to Richard, everybody died... okay. That would explain Dr. Chang being dead for a long time. But what about Horace? Does he leave? Is the Dharma in the 90s a second Dharma because the first ones died?

I can't remember but wasn't the jughead sitting out in the jungle in an earlier season? If so, how did it get out from underground?

A Gift from Agman

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
I don't think they will change anything. Either way the bomb went off, either by them drilling into the pocket of energy or Jack setting it off.

05-07-09, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
I recall Kelvin telling Desmond that Radzinsky shot himself in the head.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
1. Is there one sub? Can all those people fit in the sub? Is the sub really the way they get off the island. I'm thinking no and it is for show. There is a different way to get off and it is not by sub.

2. Why would DI let Sawyer and co. go on the sub before checking to see if his map is correct? Where were the rest of the people on the sub? I know by the previews that something happens that Kate, Juliet and Sawyer are back with Jack.

3. Why was it so easy for Radzinsky to take charge?

4. I hope Chang starts to hang out with our guys and makes it with them back.

5. What if Jack and/or Sayid do detonate the bomb or cause the incident or whatever it is that happens and the same thing happens to them what happened to Desmond when he turned the failsafe key? Would they or whoever was close to it then start to have flashes like Desmond? Will a time flash save them as well?

6. I somehow think that Locke is still being manipulated if he is not the Smoke monster himself. Maybe Ben and Richard are good and Locke is bad. Who knows? I go back and forth each week.

7. Why does everyone at teh Others camp in 2007 dress in rags again? Why did they need all those hillbilly beards before? They weren't supposed to live in Dharma were they?

8. I'm pretty sure that Jughead, the incident whatever is not what causes death by pregnancy. How would they be able to get pregnant in the first place and how would they carry for so long? I think it has to do with time travel or mini-loop the island goes through.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-09, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Is there one sub? Can all those people fit in the sub? Is the sub really the way they get off the island. I'm thinking no and it is for show. There is a different way to get off and it is not by sub.

The sub is the way the DI get on and off the island. We still do not know how the Others do it (other than the donkey wheel). There must be an easy way since we know that Charles kept a whole other life off the island and Mr. Friendly did too (remember his gay luvah?). No way they were using the donkey wheel.

05-11-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
I agree. We've seen many people come and go by the sub. Not sure why they are drugged while arriving except to maybe conceal the island's location. But I think the sub is not just for show (we'll find out next week).

05-07-09, 01:43 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-09 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

Nice transitional episode before the finale - but I have no idea where they are headed.

I like how they are revealing that John Locke has been advising the advisor.... he's been telling Richard what to do and when to be there when all along it seemed Richard had been the one knowing everything.

Why kill Jacob? And is there any "Jacob" to kill? We've only seen Christian speaking for Jacob. And I don't think Locke will kill him, if that's really his plan... I think he'll tell Ben he has to do it.

In Kate's defense, I don't think she knew Juliet and Sawyer were on the sub. I also think I would be running far from "course-correct Jack" too as she was in handcuffs on the plane getting ready to land in LA. Why would she be looking forward to starting up where that left off?

ETA - we have a battle set up now between two perspectives... the perspective that my life has been redeemed because of this island (Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Locke) juxtaposed with the perspective that this island caused my life to suck (Jack, Sayid, Hawking?, Miles?). Which side will win? Who is really "lost"?

Loved the realization of the motives and possible closure that Miles received watching his dad and mom interact.

And Richard's comment about watching them all die in 1977. Did he watch them all die... or all disappear (i.e. flash to the present)?!? Or will Jack and company really change the future?

So the bomb is in the tunnels... are these Smokey's tunnels? Have we seen Smokey in the past (pre french crew landing - they arrived in the 80's)? I don't think we have. Could the incident be the birth of Smokey?

I think we will have one heck of a cliff-hanger at the end of the season with some answers but a whole lot of questions.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-09, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
I was thinking it's awfully coincidental that "Jacob" can heal Ben...and Christian, a very skilled surgeon, is hanging out in Jacob's cabin a lot. Was Jack's grandfather also a surgeon? I don't think we know much about what Grandpa Shephard did in his previous life, just that he gave Christian the watch as a wedding gift to Jack's mother. And Grandpa Shephard didn't really like Jack's mother.

-A Tribetastic Creation

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-07-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
This was a good episode. No big reveals, but it advanced the story toward the finale. While I like the mythology and secrets, the character development is what has kept me intrigued with this show.

Bunnies eat nerds.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-07-09, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Once again, DH threw up his hands and said, "Why doesn't Richard AGE???? Poor guy is all hung up on it!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 5.15: Follow The Leader"
Somebody please shoot Kate. Please.

After this episode, things are building up to the typical Lost season-ending cliffhanger. Locke will confront Jacob, Jack will position Jughead the Bomb to detonate, Kate will wreck the romance between "Jim LaFleur" and Juliet, Sun will continue to fruitlessly search for Jin... and the season will end.

I also predict some wholesale changes in the cast next season.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •