The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-29-09, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Synopsis
LOST - "Whatever Happened, Happened" - Kate goes to extreme measures to save Ben's life when Jack refuses to help. Meanwhile, Kate begins to tell the truth about the lie in order to protect Aaron, on "Lost," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/MARIO PEREZ) EVANGELINE LILLY, KEN LEUNG, JOSH HOLLOWAY

Guest List
Guest starring are Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Kim Dickens as Cassidy, Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed, Susan Duerden as Carol Littleton, Sterling Beaumon as young Ben, Patrick Fischler as Phil, Jon Gries as Roger Linus, William Blanchett as Aaron, Sebastian Siegel as Erik, Candace Scholz as Debra, Susan King as sweet young woman, Miko Franconi as grocery worker, Scott Moura as manager and Olivia Vickery as Clementine.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... trigirl 03-30-09 1
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... CTgirl 03-30-09 2
       RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... trigirl 03-31-09 3
           RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 03-31-09 4
               RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... trigirl 03-31-09 5
                   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 03-31-09 6
                   Quick thought zombiebaby 04-01-09 7
                       RE: Quick thought trigirl 04-02-09 15
               RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... weltek 04-02-09 23
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... michel 04-01-09 8
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... CTgirl 04-02-09 9
       RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... DoodleBug 04-02-09 11
           RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... trigirl 04-02-09 14
               RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... warp_core breach 04-02-09 19
                   Hurley and Miles trigirl 04-03-09 28
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... MPVLOST 04-02-09 13
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... mrc 04-02-09 10
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 04-02-09 12
       RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... Glow 04-02-09 17
           RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 04-03-09 31
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... dajaki 04-02-09 16
   Ellie weltek 04-02-09 21
       RE: Ellie zombiebaby 04-03-09 32
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... warp_core breach 04-02-09 18
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... trigirl 04-03-09 27
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... blacknwhitedog 04-02-09 20
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... weltek 04-02-09 22
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... DoodleBug 04-05-09 35
       RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 04-05-09 36
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... sica077 04-02-09 24
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... dajaki 04-02-09 25
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 04-03-09 30
       RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... DoodleBug 04-05-09 37
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... shimane22 04-03-09 26
   Agree dabo 04-03-09 29
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... zombiebaby 04-04-09 33
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... dragonflies 04-06-09 38
 RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... Ahtumbreez 04-04-09 34
   RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened,... sica077 04-06-09 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-09, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Toldya that Aaron was with Clementine and Cassidy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-09, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I agree with you (although Claire's mom is in the show this week too...)

03-31-09, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I know...saw that one too...sounds like an interesting show. Why the heck would Kate want to save Ben?

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Without Ben she never would have had Aaron? Dunno. Probably something to do with Aaron is my guess.

On another note since it looks like it is a Kate ep. I still wonder if they will ever address that scene in Season 3 when Kate had dinner with Ben on the beach and came back all weird then had sex with Sawyer.

You've been hotpocketed!

03-31-09, 09:44 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
when Kate had dinner with Ben on the beach

...and remember they took her blood. We all assumed it was to see if she was ovulating, but maybe Ben had some other crazy plans.

03-31-09, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Oh yeah forgot about that! Hmmmm...future blood tests? Ben/Kate test tube baby? :O

04-01-09, 09:30 PM (EST)
7. "Quick thought"

Maybe they were taking Kate's blood for Ben's spinal surgery? Just like tonight!

04-02-09, 10:38 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Quick thought"
I'd better acknowledge that I was wrong (my DH says I am not good at that) about Aaron. He IS with Grandma!!!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I totally forgot about them having dinner. Maybe future Ben DOES remember seeing his Darhma medical records that indicate Kate donated blood/helped save his life.
-A Tribetastic Creation

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-09, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I forget; when did Kate and Cassidey meet?

Finally, next week looks like it could be a good episode. It has been a while.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Here's the background on Cassidy: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cassidy

Next week does look good. I thought this week was better than the last few. For me, Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley are the heart and soul of Lost and it was nice to have them the focal point of the episode again. I am getting tired of them stuck in 1977 Dharmaville.

The best part of the show was the conversation between Hurley and Miles: the Back to the Future shout-out and whether they've actually been there before or not. I have had that same conversation with myself! I've always thought the same way Hurley does about the time travel (and that they will change the future) but I know some posters here think that Ben etc. have memory of them being there before. I still don't know which way it'll play out.

04-02-09, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I LOVED that conversation between the two of them. The pondering thought of Miles... "hadn't thought of that" was great. I am definitely on the side of Ben operating all along with the memory of them being there. It just makes other things so clear now.

Loved the writing in this episode. I actually felt sympathy for Kate this episode and that hardly ever happens. Must be the mom in me.

And I want to say that I KNEW the smoke monster is the reason Ben is the way he is as an adult. I got chills when Richard said he would lose his innocence if he took young Ben. And it is even spookier that these occurences (old Ben and young Ben entering the Temple) may be happening at the same time only 30 years apart. Wow.

04-02-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
And I want to say that I KNEW the smoke monster is the reason Ben is the way he is as an adult.

Whaaaat?!?! Darn Canadian feed dropped right when Richard took Ben into his arms. I am going to have to go on-line now!!!!

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Darn Canadian feed doesn't air the previews!!

A Gift from Agman

04-03-09, 10:04 AM (EST)
28. "Hurley and Miles"
The best part of the show was the conversation between Hurley and Miles.

Can't wait until they figure out that they both can speak to dead people.

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
>I forget; when did Kate and
>Cassidey meet?
>
>Finally, next week looks like it
>could be a good episode.
>It has been a while.
>
>
>

Season 3 "Left Behind"

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-09, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Great episode!

1. Kate was esp. poignant last night.

2. That Richard Alpert is so frakkin' intriguing!

3. Hurley and Miles were cracking me up.

4. Anyone else detect something going on b/w Kate and Roger Linus? I almost thought that Kate was going to try to replace Aaron with Ben.

5. Jack can't get it together. He was too gung-ho the first time on the Island, now he's too passive. Or is he?

6. Anyone catch who Richard didn't answer to? Charles was one name; I missed the other.

Bunnies eat nerds.

04-02-09, 09:43 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
1. I liked it better than last week.

2. Yes! I feel another Stephen King vibe again!

3. Agree!

4. Yeah it was weird. Probably Kate's best scene in all the seasons was her telling Aaron goodbye. That tugged at my mommy heartstrings. She also looked very hot in the supermarket.

5. I dig this sandwhich making Jack. But I liked him before too. Just like I like Sawyer both ways, rebellious and leader-y. Oh and nice eye candy with Jack out of the shower...I looked for his appendix scar. Anyone see if it was there? I also liked when Sawyer said he was doing it for Juliet.

6. Ellie. He said Charles and Ellie.

I don't have much to say about this episode. Felt pretty straightforward right, nothing too suprising either? Most of the "reveals" were stuff we all have guessed prior to it. Maybe only question is how did Kate get from giving Aaron up to that drugged state and weird sex with Jack point?

Next week? Looks incredible!

You've been hotpocketed!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I never (or is it rarely? I can't remember) post here but I was coming to comment on something you hit.

"I also liked when Sawyer said he was doing it for Juliet"

That made me smile.

And to see what people were saying about the Kate and Roger weirdness.

I thought Kate was pretty smokin' in the grocery store too.

04-03-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Also he was pretty hot when he found out about Clementine too

Glow Pop! I forget you watch Lost! You must come here more!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
1. Loved it - I'm so glad Kate finally did the right thing, however heartbreaking, and reunited Aaron with his grandmother. I wonder if the grandma is going to be waiting on tenterhooks for the return of Claire.

2. Richard is the most fascinating secondary character on the show. I believe he dates to the time of the statue.

3. I love Hurley and Miles. Hurley is the most endearing character and I hope that Miles is there for a bit more "I talk to dead people." I'm sure the dead have plenty of info to offer and I'm hoping he can tap into that.

4. Ew, gross. I think she's just sympathizing as a parent.

5. I think Jack's just waiting to see where the cards are going to fall. He had to take control the first time on the island because everything was an unknown. Now, he's in a time period where he understands at least part of what's coming even if the full story hasn't emerged yet.

6. The other name sounded like Healy or Ely. Could have been Ellie. Anyone?

04-02-09, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Ellie"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-09 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

As in Eloise, I wonder?

-A Tribetastic Creation

04-03-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Ellie"
Yes Ellie is Eloise Hawking.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-02-09, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
An ok episode for me.

1. I always suspected that Aaron was with his grandmother. Despite Kate's "antics" she always tries to do the right thing and in this case it was to give Aaron to his grandmother.

2. Kate's blabbing is making me nervous.

3. I so don't care about the relationship cube - too soapy. So Jack's whining that Kate didn't choose him on the island... wah. Sawyer broke Kate's heart... really? She didn't want to shack up with him on the island. I don't buy the whole Sawyer jumped out of the plane thing to avoid having to be with Kate. He did it because he lvoed her. And the whole Juliet standing in the bathroom when Jack got out of the shower thing was so unnecessary - very soapy. The true love stories of Lost are Des and Penny, Jin and Sun and Rose and Bernard.

4. Speaking of Jin and Sun all of a sudden Jin is just going about Dharma business. A few episodes ago, he was tearing the island apart looking for Sun and now... For him, Sun is still somewhere out there.

5. I didn't mind Miles last night.

6. Got teary-eyed when Kate said good bye to Aaron... for sure pulls at the mommy-heartstrings.

7. So I guess at this point, Charles is the leader of the Others and saving Ben is probably the beginning of the Charles-Ben thing.

8. So Ellie should have been asked. I guess at this point she has a bit of the handle on this whole time thing and saving Ben potentially is going to screw with things.

9. I wonder if Ben was dreaming about his past.

10. Ben is actually the one with a WTF look.

A Gift from Agman

04-03-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Ben is actually the one with a WTF look.

Loved that!!!! Looks like Locke really is the chosen one.

bouncey by Ice

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-09, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I thought this was a better episode that the last few. The podcast said they would explain the statue by the end of this season.

Syren 2007

04-02-09, 12:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I'm starting to get this "single parenting" theme to LOST. When Roger Linus was talking to Kate about Ben not having his mother, I was reflecting on all the LOSTIE's and their parents. Seems like so many either had a parent that died or were divorced.

-A Tribetastic Creation

04-05-09, 03:26 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
More specifically, there are many "daddy issues" with everyone.

04-05-09, 09:09 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
With this season turning into a lot of "mommy" issues.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-02-09, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Am I right to think that if Jack had operated on Ben, then there would have been no reason to bring Ben to the Others, therefore Ben would not have been an Other in the future?

And as Hurley and Miles continued talking I got more and more confused (but it was probably my favorite moment from this season )!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Am I right to think that if Jack had operated on Ben, then there would have been no reason to bring Ben to the Others, therefore Ben would not have been an Other in the future?

I think that's about right. And since Ben was brought to the temple, that sheds new light on the "sickness" of the French expedition. Their time in the temple to rescue their friend changed them; not making them sick, but inextricably tying them to the island. Why did Danielle interpret their change as sickness? Why were the three men killed when they could have joined the Others and abandoned Danielle? Why wasn't Danielle overwhelmed and either taken, like 815 survivors, or killed by the Others during her time on the island? I'm sure that they knew she was there and, for whatever reason, chose to leave her alone.

04-03-09, 10:55 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"

I don't think so. If Jack had operated then maybe he still could not have stopped the bleeding and he still would have needed to be brought to the Others. They repeatedly say whatever happened, happened. The end result is that the people at Dharma were unable to do anything else but send him to the Others.

04-05-09, 10:09 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I agree with Zombie. Ben will still have become an Other in one way or another. I keep thinking of Desmond when he was having the flashes about Charlie. "No matter what I do... you're going to die Charlie".

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-09, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
This was good... for a Kate episode.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-09, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Agree"
Evangeline pulled off a really tough assignment this week, she carried the show, well done.

04-04-09, 07:20 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
"Don't you dare bring him back"
"He can't be raised by an other!"

Popular belief was Aaron, maybe Locke. Could this all be about Ben?

You've been hotpocketed!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-09, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
I remembered that phrase too, and when they handed Ben over, shouted the same thing at the TV. DH thinks I'm crazy.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-09, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
So is "the list" that the Others kept referring to at the start of this show something from the employee roles from '77?

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-09, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Episode 5.11 Whatever Happened, Happened"
Ever since we have done this time travel thing I have been wondering what "the list" from the beginning was all about. Your thought (compared to all of mine in my head) makes the most sense.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •