The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-10-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Yes, I'm jumping the gun a bit, but i'm excited about this week. I think a major change is coming up: more Hot Pockets!!! Oops! Should've made that a spoiler.

Locke takes on the burden to stop the island's increasingly violent shifts through time. Meanwhile, Ben hits a roadblock in his attempt to reunite the Oceanic 6 and bring them back to the island. --Oceanic 6-Centric-- Guest starring: Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Fionnula Flanagan as Eloise Hawking, William Blanchett as Aaron, June Kyoko Lu as Mrs. Paik, Melissa Farman as young Frenchwoman, Guillaume Dabinpons as Frenchman #1, Marc Menard as Frenchman #2, Bruno Bruni as Frenchman #3 and Jaymie Kim as Ji Yeon.

You've been hotpocketed!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" zombiebaby 02-10-09 1
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" mrc 02-10-09 2
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" pinksparkleguitar 02-11-09 3
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" dabo 02-12-09 4
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" zombiebaby 02-12-09 5
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" Breezy 02-12-09 6
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" zombiebaby 02-12-09 8
           Good call J I M B O 02-12-09 26
               RE: Good call DoodleBug 02-18-09 39
                   RE: Good call mrc 02-18-09 40
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" dabo 02-14-09 35
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" moonbaby 02-12-09 7
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" Breezy 02-12-09 10
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" pinksparkleguitar 02-12-09 14
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" CTgirl 02-12-09 21
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" J I M B O 02-12-09 27
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" zombiebaby 02-12-09 31
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" michel 02-12-09 33
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" mrc 02-12-09 9
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" sisyphus 02-12-09 11
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" HauntedOne 02-12-09 12
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" J Slice 02-12-09 13
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" pinksparkleguitar 02-12-09 15
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" mrc 02-12-09 16
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" CTgirl 02-12-09 22
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" Devious Weasel 02-12-09 24
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" zombiebaby 02-12-09 32
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" J Slice 02-12-09 17
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" trigirl 02-12-09 18
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" Devious Weasel 02-12-09 25
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" blacknwhitedog 02-12-09 19
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" HobbsofMI 02-12-09 20
 RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" CTgirl 02-12-09 23
   RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" J I M B O 02-12-09 28
       RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" batts 02-12-09 29
           RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death" CTgirl 02-12-09 30
 What's this buzz moonbaby 02-14-09 34
 WHERE IS.... dabo 02-14-09 36
   RE: WHERE IS.... skyhoneybear 02-16-09 37
   RE: WHERE IS.... J Slice 02-17-09 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-09, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Hey you got me excited for a second that it was episode night!

That post up there in the other thread that says "spoiler". Is it very spoilerish? I should not look at it right? Why do you tempt me? I thought you were not going the spoiler route?

What if the Economist is Pierre Chang or Faraday? Hee they give me the gigglepants.

You've been hotpocketed!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-10-09, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
It simply tells what the Feb. 25 episode is about. The post above it essentially tells the same thing. I don't know what some peeps consider spoilerish, so I try to err on the side of caution.

I had forgotten about the Economist. I wish I could take a week's vacation and watch all of the episodes back-to-back. I keep forgetting things.

You've been hotpocketed!

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-09, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Yay! Can't wait!

Sig by Tribe- the real 'Jacob' of the island.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Crud, they offed Charlotte. I mean, really, she had great eyes, just think of what an opening eye scene she could have done.

02-12-09, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
LAST EDITED ON 02-12-09 AT 08:57 AM (EST)

Lost brought the gory and creepy back again last night!

The whole Danielle thing seemed so rushed and put in just to appease those clamoring for a back story, but it was not much new.

Loved Ben pulling the van over to yell at Sun and Jack.

Jin broke my heart. He loves Sun and baby so much he would rather be seperated from them.

Charlotte was a convincing corpse.

I am utterly confused over the Faraday/Charlotte meeting!

Completely unsure over who is good/bad, right/wrong with the whole Ben/Christian/Widemore. Mighty fine writing there!

Locke is breaking my heart. He seemed to have gotten what he was looking for all along right before he jumped in that well. He had a family, they loved and accepted him. James' reaction after the flash when he realized they lost him was yet another great performance.

I'm trying to remember, were Richard and Tom the only two people we have seen both on and off island? I mean going back and forth?

Is it me or was this an unusually suspenseful cliffhanger for a mid-early season episode?

You've been hotpocketed!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Danielle- we learned WHY she didn't have the sickness. Jin kept her from going into the cave after the monster.

Lots of good acting last night. Jin, Sawyer, Charlotte... I totally didn't see the "I think he was you, Daniel" coming. Loved it!

02-12-09, 09:14 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Agree about the acting!

We learned how Montand(sp?) lost his arm too. Wonder if that was the arm that Vincent had that one time?

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Good call"

I bet it was.

Part of me has wondered if they had this season's storyline in mind the whole time. Little things like the arm make me think they did.

Although...I don't recall the first time Danielle met Jin after the plane crash. Wouldn't you think she'd have reacted pretty strongly to seeing him? A disappearing guy who saved you should be etched in one's memory.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Good call"
I thought the same thing, Jimbo, but I'm not sure that Jin and Danielle have ever met.

I was searching through Lostpedia to see if they ever have. When she was leading some of them to the radio tower to turn off her signal, Jin stayed at the camp to blow up the tents. He was on rafts and boats at other times, so I don't think they ever had the chance to meet. He knew her name only because Sayid, Jack and Sawyer talked about the crazy french woman.

If anyone can remember otherwise, please let me know!

02-18-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Good call"
Jin reacted to Danielle when she said her name, so he obviously had heard of her, but maybe not vice-versa.

Bunnies eat nerds.

02-14-09, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Ethan was off island for Juliette's recruitement.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I love this show! Sorry about Charlotte, I almost feel responsible because I didn't like her much. So she grew up on the island and met Faraday there when she was younger. He warned her to never go back, that it would kill her. Why didn't he remember that? I guess time travel messed with his brain, too.

I got the impression from Jack's dad (Jacob?)that if Locke had turned the wheel instead of Ben things might have been OK. Why would that have made a difference?

The reunion of Sawyer and Jin was great. So glad to have Jin back but I sure do miss Hugo. I hope he gets out of jail soon.

One more thing-the monster and the ripped off arm of the french guy. Maybe that's how Dr. Candle lost his arm!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I got that too Moonie, that Locke was supposed to turn the wheel not Ben. And that's why the island is skipping.

02-12-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Yes - I got that too. When Christian talked to Locke, he said the wheel was 'off it's axle' like somehow when Ben pushed it, he broke it?

I'm still trying to decide if Ben was really trying to do what was right, and push the wheel himself since he knew more about it, or if Ben knew Locke needed to be the one to turn the wheel and he took over because he's just plain evil or was jealous.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I got that too and I wonder if the island will stop skipping now that Locke has corrected the axle and left the island.

Charlotte's already dead from the effects of island skipping. There is no way that the rest of them will survive another year or two of skipping through time - they'll all die from nosebleeds!

02-12-09, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""

Seems people whose names start with CHARL don't end up living. First Charlie, then Charlotte. Just sayin.

02-12-09, 09:34 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
or Na...Nadine, Nadia, Naomi

It keeps coming 'round and 'round!

You've been hotpocketed!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
"So she grew up on the island and met Faraday there when she was younger. He warned her to never go back, that it would kill her. Why didn't he remember that?"

I see two possible explanations:

1- Charlotte was so young when Danielle warned her that he didn't recognize her. (Not much can come from that explanation)

2- The warning will happen in the future for Daniel. He still hasn't jumped to the time period when Charlotte was on the island with Dharma. He can't remember since he hasn't lived it yet. This is more interesting because that would mean Daniel doesn't believe that you can't change the future.

02-12-09, 09:25 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
An interesting episode with lots of things going on.

1. Danielle's backstory was interesting to me. We now know why she had a hard time trusting the Oceanic peeps.

2. I thought the appearance of the smoke monster and its lair was an important segment that will become important later. Do people get dragged in and die? If you aren't dragged in to the lair but go voluntarily, do you get sick?

3. I'm still curious as to why Danielle doesn't remember Jin and vice-versa unless they didn't come into contact previously.

4. Jin asked Charlotte to translate for him, which suggests thsat he knows her from somewhere.

5. Charlotte is much more interesting now that she is dead. How does she know Korean? Who is her mother? When did she live on the Island? Why did they leave?

6. Faraday is becoming more and more important. That he didn't seem to remember telling her to leave the Island and not come back is interesting to me.

7. Ms. Hawking is creepy. I don't know if it's the fact that she always has candles behind her that make her shimmer, but she seems otherworldly. (She also looks like a former professor of mine.)

You've been hotpocketed!

sisyphus 321 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-12-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sisyphus Click to send private message to sisyphus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
>An interesting episode with lots of
>things going on.

I agree there but there was also mor questions...

>2. I thought the appearance of the smoke monster and its
lair was an important segment that will become important later.
Do people get dragged in and die? If you aren't dragged in to the lair but go voluntarily, do you get sick?

I think the smoke monster is pre-dharma....and what is the temple???/ why is it there?

>3. I'm still curious as to why Danielle doesn't remember Jin
and vice-versa unless they didn't come into contact previously.

In the previous seasons, you cannot say for sure that she did not recognize Jin...danielle by that time was not overly demonstrative and confiding....she was just trying to survive and plus I don't think she met Jin initially.....ie 16 yrs later

>4. Jin asked Charlotte to translate for him, which suggests that he knows her from somewhere.

From the previous season he knew she understood korean..

>5. Charlotte is much more interesting now that she is dead.
>How does she know Korean? Who is her mother? When did she live on the Island? Why did they leave?

She was an anthropologist and could be for the same reason that Juliet knows latin...for all we know Juliet does know Korean...More interestingly I think is who is her father...could it be Richard Alpert??????

>6. Faraday is becoming more and more important. That he didn't
>seem to remember telling her to leave the Island and
>not come back is interesting to me.

I think he may have time travelled/jumped(as they are doing now) to the time charlotte was a child on the island, after she died, he recognized her and warned what would happen if she left the island and came back...I too would be scared of someone who just jumped in and out of existence..

>7. Ms. Hawking is creepy. I don't know if it's the fact that she always has candles behind her that make her shimmer, but she seems otherworldly. (She also looks like
a former professor of mine.)

She is creepy but I think she is one of the original Dharma people...what is creepy is that she is ddanielles mother and I begin to wonder if danielle was raised on the island also, but then why is he not suffering like charlotte....leads me to believe that it a connection to island that is causing the nosebleed and head aches etc, since everyone is beginning to feel it also...so will desmond go back also????he promised not to leave penny and charley...

what is the name of the airline that had previously crashed?

HauntedOne 244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-12-09, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HauntedOne Click to send private message to HauntedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
4. Jin asked Charlotte to translate for him, which suggests thsat he knows her from somewhere

I think when Jin was yelling "translate" he was talking to Miles. Miles said "What? He's Korean, I'm from Encino"

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
4. Jin asked Charlotte to translate for him, which suggests thsat he knows her from somewhere.

Yes, he does - from the island. You may not recall, but he and Sun went walking with Charlotte and Daniel, and Jin asked Sun, "Do you think she knows he likes her?" Sun replied "a woman always knows." Jin caught Charlotte responding to this conversation and worked out that Charlotte spoke Korean.

He later used this to his advantage and threatened to hurt Daniel unless Charlotte ensured Sun would get off the island.

NAMASTE!

02-12-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Thanks, Slice. I couldn't remember how Jin and Sun figured out Charlotte spoke Korean, but I knew they knew she did. Thanks for jogging my memory.

02-12-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Thanks. I knew he was talking to Charlotte, not Miles, but I had forgotten that scene.

You've been hotpocketed!

02-12-09, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
3. I'm still curious as to why Danielle doesn't remember Jin and vice-versa unless they didn't come into contact previously.

I'm thinking Danielle didn't recognize Jin with the Losties because he hadn't traveled back in time yet to 1988 so older Danielle hadn't met him yet. I think Jin does recognize Danielle but he just hasn't said anything. He double-checked her name and then asked her what year it was so he knows something's not right on the island.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
2. Smokey's guarding the Temple, which is where all the Others were headed at the end of last season. So I agree, we'll see more of it.

3. I like the idea that Danielle's gone so nuts over the years that it doesn't register with her that she's seen Jin before.

6. That's because he hasn't done it yet in his timeline. I bet we see it happen at some point in the future.

02-12-09, 09:35 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
It would be funny if maybe Jin just keeps popping up in her timeline at random moments when they flash so she gets used to him.

02-12-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I am now leaning heavily toward the following:

Daniel has gotten himself stuck in an inevitable time-loop. At some point in the yet-unseen future, he goes back to Charlotte-as-a-child because he now knows he has to, so as not to alter history. But due to the nature of "Course Correction", Charlotte will die.every.time. That is why I think Daniel cries when he first sees the wreckage from 815 - he knows that his time loop begins at that moment.

Poor Faraday, stuck in a Mobius strip.

NAMASTE!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-12-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Glad to see Danielle's backstory. It broke my heart to see her baby-daddy turn on her.

Was it just me, or was there a look of surprise when Desmond asked Ben if he was there to see Farraday's mother too? Is it possible that Ben did not realize that Eloise Hawking was Farraday's mother?

Okay...Christian Sheppard. Totally freaked me out when he said "say hello to my son". Until now, I believed that Jacob was not Christian, but rather a spirit that embodied Christian. Now we know that Jacob is Christian. How is THAT possible?

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I felt the same way. I don't think Ben knew that particular fact, and since Ben already knows that Widmore was funding Faraday, the fact that Eloise is Faraday's mother really caught him off guard.

Christian isn't Jacob. As he told Locke last season, he's a representative acting on behalf of Jacob.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
OMH that was a good episode. This season has been so much better than last I think. I read in Entertainment mag that last season the writers felt very boxed in with the story. This season they now know is the 2nd to last season so they can start tying up loose ends for next year.

I agree with Slicea about Daniel and he is my favorite character along with Desmond.

2005 PhoenixMons

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-09, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Though it seemed like a slow ep.....they gave us a ton of juicy stuff.....I loved it.

But I wonder where Penny and Charlie is? How is Ben going to get the rest to commit to go back?

Next week looks killer and what will Desmond and Ben say to Eloise with the new knowledge that they have.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

02-12-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
I thought this was a great episode. I was riveted to the TV by the second half hour.

-Poor Danielle having to shoot her husband and friends before they killed her. She looked much more like the crazy lady we knew and loved last night.

-The smoke monster made the French men "sick" because they wanted to kill Danielle. Can anyone remember if smokey ever captured someone and let them go and were they different afterwards? When/how did Mr. Eko come in contact with it? The second year is really hazy in my mind (no pun intended!)

-I was so scared for Jin when he heard the gun click. Then when it turned out to be Sawyer: best scene of the night!

-"There was this crazy man" - Daniel sure gets around! Charlotte's death was no big surprise, but I was starting to like her. And I agree with other posters: why didn't Daniel remember that conversation? (or was he just acting sly and sneaky again, lol.)

-Having Christian Shepherd show up down in the Orchid station while Locke was lying in the dark, injured, was pretty powerful. His demeanor reminded me a bit of Richard Alpert. If he's Jacob that could be a major reason why the plane crashed: to bring him back home. And somehow the powers that be arranged for other "special" people to be on the plane too.

-I agree with trigirl that Ben didn't expect Desmond to be there and that he didn't know that Faraday was Eloise's son. Ben did not look happy with that piece of info!

-Dharma and the Others seem to have every technological advantage, but both in the church scene and in Scotland with Desmond, Eloise gives off a supernatural, "witchy" feeling. I like this cat and mouse game between all leaders. You're not sure who is good, bad or both.

02-12-09, 08:21 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""

Didn't Locke allow himself to get dragged underground? Not sure, but maybe that's the point where he started to get more forceful. Not sure old Locke would have killed his dad or pointed a gun at Jack with hostile intent. But of course he's "special" so the effect may not be sickness.

The reason I don't think Daniel remembers visiting Charlotte is that it hasn't happened yet. Unless there have been time jumps during commercial break (i.e. we don't know about them), I'm assuming his visitation to child-charlotte is in a time jump yet to happen (in the show's time).

Which, after her death, makes me wonder if that point will come in the future and he'll second guess what he tells her. Although, given the logical parameters they've established that's not possible. Going to be weird when he "has" to tell her the message that led to her death!

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-12-09, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
Didn't Locke allow himself to get dragged underground?

Are you referring to when he was dragged backards and he went halfway in a hole, and Jack was holding onto him? When Locke said "Let go... I'll be alright"? I think they threw some dynamite into the hole to make smokey let go.

02-12-09, 09:23 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Ep. 5.5: "This Place Is Death""
You are right about Locke and the monster.

Here's the Lostpedia summary for the smoke monster: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke_monster

Locke and The French scientists were the only ones who have escaped from smokey's clutches.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-09, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "What's this buzz"
about the numbers broadcasting voice sounding like Hurley? I re-watched the episode and had a listen and I'm undecided. It could be him, I'm really not sure. Interesting idea, though.

02-14-09, 02:51 PM (EST)
36. "WHERE IS...."
CLAIRE!

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-16-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: WHERE IS...."
Vincent?? LOL....

I did read on Lostpedia that Vincent is the only confirmed cast member to make it to Season six (honest)!

Created by PhoenixMons

02-17-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
38. "RE: WHERE IS...."
In that vein, where the hell are Rose and Bernard?

They aren't redshirts, so the show wouldn't just kill them offscreen.

Would it?

NAMASTE!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •