The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-17-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

WOO HOO!!!!! I just read this article that stated there would be no more repeats to interrupt the upcoming season. Here's a portion of it.

"There won't be any more frustrating repeats. "Now, when `Lost' is on, it's on," Cuse explained. "And when it's off, it's off. And when it's on, you know it's an original `Lost.'"
The producers said six all-new "Lost" episodes will air in consecutive weeks this fall; the season's remaining 17 new episodes will be scheduled without interruption from midwinter to late spring."

It mentioned a few other tidbits, too. Lost premiers Oct. 3, I believe. You can read the whole thing here.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=230827>1=7703

*ST*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! Snidget 08-17-06 1
   RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! SenecaTurtle 08-18-06 2
   RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! tvgeek401 08-28-06 3
       RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! Snidget 08-29-06 4
           RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! packrat 09-14-06 5
 RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!! trigirl 10-25-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-17-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
I dunno if I like the alternative of weeks and weeks of no show at all when they shove something else in there for weeks on end.

I also like repeats because if I miss a show or the DVR screws up recording it (which will happen at least once per season) I can catch up.

Generally any show that does the no repeats at all I end up watching the first couple of episodes then never watch the rest of the season because I missed something in episode 4 and therefore nothing will make sense at all for the rest of the season (24, Alias, were both like that for me when they did this)

They may lose more viewers than they gain.

I'd rather see them do 6 weeks solid then do those shows over, all six, not one this week and one three weeks from now than play the what show comes on tonight game.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SenecaTurtle 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SenecaTurtle Click to send private message to SenecaTurtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
I agree it would be better if they just ran the show continuously but last year drove me nuts. One new show, 3 repeats, two new shows, two repeats. I could never keep up with when it was new and when it was a repeat. I missed a couple of shows because of it. At least this way I stand a better chance of seeing all of them.

When I did miss one, I always checked here and found out what I missed so I would know.

Some repeats from the same season are okay.

*ST*

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-28-06, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
I hope they'll repeat the first six episodes of the season after showing them once and then continue with the rest of the season.
They should also do a rerun of each week's show on Saturday afternoon for those of us who miss the Wednesday show or have the usual tivo screwup.

And I'm glad that they're running the season straight through without repeats.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
I told my boss I can never work on Wednesday nights because of 'something very important that I just can't miss', so nothing short of death or natural disaster will stop me from seeing every week of this show.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-29-06, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
I assume they will be on iTunes again this year, but then you have to pay for the show, but at least you can get it if you missed it.

I did buy one episode last year because one week they overscheduled that time slot with stuff I want to watch and since I could get Lost on iTunes I decided not to record or watch it live, but buy it to watch.

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-14-06, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
You can watch the show on the internet free at ABC.com. I watched one last season because of a missed episode, and enjoyed watching it that way. There are only about 3 commercials and they only last a few seconds.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-25-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NO MORE REPEATS!!!!!"
I, for one, love this new scheduling. I hate repeats.

From Canoe:

"Lost" will return to the schedule on Wednesday, Feb. 7, almost exactly three months after its final fall episode airs Nov. 8. The scheduling strategy is an effort by ABC to avoid repeats of the heavily serialized show; it has three more episodes to go in its initial run this fall and will have 16 weeks of uninterrupted episodes when it returns.

Yippee!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •