The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Michael"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-06, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Michael"
I can`t help but wonder. Will Michael be trustworthy or have the Others sent him on a mission?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Michael AugustGirl 04-13-06 1
   RE: Michael maroonclowns mom 04-13-06 2
       RE: Michael AugustGirl 04-13-06 3
           RE: Michael Breezy 04-13-06 4
   Timeline FesterFan1 04-13-06 5
 RE: Michael starshyn99 04-13-06 6
   RE: Michael weltek 04-13-06 7
       There is ALWAYS a catch idiotcowboy 04-13-06 9
 RE: Michael Maroonclown 04-13-06 8
   RE: Michael maroonclowns mom 04-14-06 10
       RE: Michael weltek 04-14-06 11
 RE: Michael BOYmeetsREALITY 04-28-06 12
   RE: Michael weltek 04-28-06 13
 Spoiler from Kristin trigirl 05-12-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Michael"
In Lost time, Michael has only been gone about two weeks? Maybe three? Since he wasn't taken when the Others got Walt, I don't think they feel Micheal is "good", therefore I don't think they would waste their serum or wacky drugs on him--like they used on Claire. So, no, I don't think the Others sent him on a mission.

I think his one mission is to get Walt back.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-13-06, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Michael"
They could use Walt as a bargaining tool

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Michael"
They could, but I doubt it. I don't think there would be any reason for the Others to need a bargaining chip. They already have Walt. He is what they wanted. I can't imagine "Henry" is that important to them to warrant letting Michael "escape" and lead the Losties to their location. I also can't imagine there is anything the Losties have (on the beach, in the hatch) that the Others don't already know about or would need.

I also don't think the Others feel any of the Losties are threats, except for one person--Michael. He is the one who would have the most influence over Walt and if they had captured Micheal I think they would have killed him because he could influence Walt. My thinking is Michael knows where the Others are and was making his way back to the beach to get reinforcements when Kate and Jack found him.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Just my opinion.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Michael"
My thinking is Michael knows where the Others are and was making his way back to the beach to get reinforcements when Kate and Jack found him.

I agree with Augie. The Others know he's the only one of the Losties that actually has a beef with them.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Timeline"
According to this, Michael was gone 10 days after he locked Locke and Jack in the armory and took off after Walt. Now this is, of course, an unofficial timeline, but I've used it before and it's pretty reliable. Someone's got a heck of a lot of time on their hands to construct this thing. Not that I'm not thankful, I'm just saying.

I have no doubt that Michael is a changed man because of his 10 days in pursuit of Walt, but whether he's changed because he's been "programmed" by the Others, it's too soon to tell.

Fester

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Michael"
He does not necessarily have to be on a mission from the Others to be untrustworthy.

Michael has sold out his fellow Losties more than once due to his desire to get Walt back. He could be pushing the Losties into a confrontation with the Others in hopes that he can get Walt back in the confusion. He could have been spying on them for those 10 days and found out where they are keeping him and think that if distracted by a battle, he could sneak in and get Walt.

Or, another possibility is that the Others knew he was spying, showed him what they wanted him to see, and are luring the Losties into a trap making them think they are undersupplied. It would not be the first time the Others have appeared to be less than they actually are.

And, as for the Michael converting to an Other theroy, who is to say they only wanted Walt. They obviously wanted and still probably want the baby (remember, Ethan came back to get him). Plus, Ethan said that "he" was pretty upset that the list was not made. Michael could have bargined his knowledge of the Losties (they did seem know an awful lot the group that went on the hunting party and that was after Michael disappeared) plus the promise of the baby thinking it may get Walt back.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Michael"
IF I thought Michael was 'switching sides' for the purpose of getting Walt back, these scenarios are ones I'd find most likely.

I do think the Others kept tabs on Michael. When Zeke & Jack et al had the confrontation in the circle, Zeke said something to the effect of "don't worry about Michael" when Jack said something like "Where's Michael?"

IF the Others actually spoke with Michael, I could them bargaining baby for Walt & then rescinding their offer. I think 'Henry' is right, they'll never willingly give up Walt for anything.

IMHO, the Others aren't looking for a war. They want the children (and now pregnant Sun) & maybe a few others to allow for project continuation after the original people die. Right now I believe the Losties match the Others in group size & that's why there hasn't been a war. IMHO, all the torches that flickerd on were an illusion. They've already lost a few men due to the Losties fighting back, they don't want to risk losing any more.

So could Michael have really averted their watch in those 10(?) days? Is he really that skilled and on THEIR island? Why wouldn't the Others have captured him if they knew where he was?

Practically speaking (Lost style), Micheal would have been captured by the Others while spying (they knew he was still out there & would be looking for Walt). They want more children. Why not try to set up an unsecured bargain with Michael.

Yet, from the previews, Michael is doing a pretty convincing job of describing his days hidden in the jungle, spying on them. So alas, who knows.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "There is ALWAYS a catch"
Because there is always a catch to the story as presented I have to think there is something amiss with Michael's story. It just seems too straightforwards and they have given away too much in the previews. The fact that the Michael flashback episode appears to be the one before the finale, makes me even more convinced that something is wrong with this and he has likely made a deal with the devil to get Walt back (as pointed out there are mulitple variants to that option), and the results of that will be the basis of the season ending cliffhanger(whatever that winds up being).

I really like this show, but sometimes I think the writers get a little too interested in putting a catch in every show, as opposed to just telling the story, and while that can be entertaining for a while when it gets to the point that it is predictable in its unpredictability...

-ICB

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Michael"
Perhaps, much like Bernard chose to stay with Rose, even though it went against his dream of leaving the island, perhaps Michael has made a deal with the Others so he can stay with Walt.

Walt will be forced to stay with the Others and most likely has been converted, either mentally or chemically, to belong with the others. Michael's choice then becomes freedom without his son, or a chosen life with the Others and his son.

His debt for this to the Others may be sabotage of the Losties.

arkie spring thing

04-14-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Michael"
Where did Michael get the torch?

thnx syren

04-14-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Michael"
I didn't pay attention to the kind of torch it was. It's pretty standard for the losties to make their own torches from wood. Otherwise, there were certainly enough spares from The Others from their confrontation with Jack et al in the circle. *yoink*

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-28-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Michael"
Anyone else think that Michael might be going back to the Beach to get Claire's baby and Sun (with her unborn baby) and bring them to the Others as part of his deal to get Walt back???

04-28-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Michael"
If so, it's a good plan by Michael: Send the men & women fighters away with all the guns. Others are able to hit the beach to kidnapp Aaron & Sun. How does Michael assure he gets Walt back though? Did he work out a deal that he WILL attack with the Losties if Walt isn't returned immediately?

BUT, once the Losties realized Aaron & Sun have been kidnapped, then what? What protection do the Others have from a war with the Losties? Or are they that confident in their abilities to defend themselves?

Even if Michael bargains with the Others, I think Walt is too valuable. The Others will never let him go. So IF some sort of deal was struck, I suspect our Losties are out 3 people (Walt, Aaron & Sun) and will need to figure out how to get them all back. The question is, will the Losties find out Michael sold them out if indeed he did strike a deal with the Others?

Or, Michael didn't strike a deal and what we see is what we get.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Spoiler from Kristin"
Will Michael be joining the Others?

From E-Online:

Wouldn't we all love to know? Instead, here's the only thing I can tell you about what may lie ahead for Michael: According to sources, Harold is not going to return as a series regular next season, however, he still might appear as a guest star. Harold himself is keeping mum on the matter (surprise, surprise). But let me just say that I, for one, am gonna miss the bejesus out of him if he ends up leaving the show for good, and I know you fellow fans feel the same. So, let's hope the worst-case scenario is he's going to be chillin' with the Others, Walt-style, next season, and we're going to see Michael again.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •