The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-25-06, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Another new episode so keeps discuss it in this thread until the westies have had a chance to see it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Fishercat 01-25-06 1
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... J Slice 01-25-06 3
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... sharonk52 01-25-06 2
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... zombiebaby 01-25-06 4
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Fishercat 01-25-06 5
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Maroonclown 01-26-06 18
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... LozengeofLove 01-25-06 6
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... weltek 01-26-06 21
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Elaine0 01-26-06 7
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... AugustGirl 01-26-06 9
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Das Mole 01-26-06 13
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... AugustGirl 01-26-06 8
   Hoss zombiebaby 01-26-06 10
       RE: Hoss volsfan 01-26-06 11
           RE: Hoss AugustGirl 01-26-06 15
       RE: Hoss AugustGirl 01-26-06 14
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... mrc 01-26-06 27
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Chez 01-26-06 37
 This Show Das Mole 01-26-06 12
   RE: This Show volsfan 01-26-06 16
       RE: This Show blacknwhitedog 01-26-06 17
           RE: This Show Misty Twist 01-26-06 19
               Disagree FesterFan1 01-26-06 22
                   RE: Disagree volsfan 01-26-06 24
           RE: This Show Elaine0 01-26-06 47
   RE: This Show Fishercat 01-26-06 39
       RE: This Show weltek 01-26-06 40
       RE: This Show mrc 01-26-06 42
           RE: This Show volsfan 01-26-06 43
               RE: This Show shanana banana 02-07-06 53
           RE: This Show Elaine0 01-26-06 48
   Libby Spec/spoiler? zombiebaby 01-26-06 45
       RE: Libby Spec/spoiler? Das Mole 01-26-06 46
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... CattyChat 01-26-06 20
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... maroonclowns mom 01-26-06 25
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Maroonclown 01-26-06 28
           RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... volsfan 01-26-06 29
               RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Maroonclown 01-26-06 30
               RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... CattyChat 01-26-06 34
           RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... winter999 01-26-06 36
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... CattyChat 01-26-06 33
 Charlie's vision blacknwhitedog 01-26-06 23
   RE: Charlie's vision Maroonclown 01-26-06 26
 Aaron and the Hatch FesterFan1 01-26-06 31
   RE: Aaron and the Hatch blacknwhitedog 01-26-06 32
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... J I M B O 01-26-06 35
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Maroonclown 01-26-06 38
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... CattyChat 01-26-06 41
           RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Deekeryu 01-26-06 44
           RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... Elaine0 01-26-06 49
               RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01... ruppiefan 01-28-06 50
 Dwight from the Office has some the... AugustGirl 02-03-06 51
   RE: Dwight from the Office has some... weltek 02-03-06 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-25-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Well...that was interesting. Personally, I thought Locke was completely out of line with his actions and it seemed very much out of character for him to do what he did. That's just me though...

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Yeah... it was the first time I've ever really disliked Locke.

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

sharonk52 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-25-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharonk52 Click to send private message to sharonk52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
All I can say is WOW! Awesome episode. I have a feeling Charlie is going bad.
Next new episodes coming up (based on previews)---I can't wait!

>Handcrafted by RollDdice
>Things that make you go hmmmmmm

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
First: "Are you hittin' that?" Made me like Ana a little. Teensy bit, nice to see her soften up a little.

Tree marking?

Is it just me or is Charlie becoming Ethan-like? The hood up, stealing babies. Could some of the rogue Others we have seen been like Charlie? Just some issues with family and babies and really think they are protecting the children? Is this the start of the "sickness"?

What did Locke do with the heroin? Was it still in the statues in teh vault or did he get rid of the bags first?

When Charlie swam out to the sea was he really swimming? It reminded me of when that diver Joanna was "drowning" and Boone tried to save her.

Pretty impressed with this episode. Especially since I am not too fond of Charlie as a character.

A PhoenixMons Creation

01-25-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I never considered the "sickness" angle. I am not sure on that, why would it go after Charlie? I mean, his closest encounter to one of the supposed others (or a rogue resident) was Ethan Rom and his murder, he doesn't seem inherently evil, rather a man with problems like everyone else on the island pretty much. Still, quite an interesting question. I don't think so personally, but quite feasible.

Assuming Charlie was correct in that the heroin cannot be removed without breaking the statue (if it could, he would have), then I think the heroin is still in the statue, in the vault. I don't get that honestly. If he wanted to help Charlie that bad, destroy the statues. If he wants to store then for another reason, I wouldn't put them in a place where people will likely need to go soon, I'd hide them. Locke knows this island better than pretty much everyone that isn't an "other".

No idea with the ocean and Charlie. I assume the swimming was a dream, and that the ocean was really land towards getting to the baby. Still a weird dream.

This episode, while mostly character development, opened a whole lot of cans, all filled with worms.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I never considered the "sickness" angle. I am not sure on that, why would it go after Charlie?

Something went after Charlie.

I didn't really get the impression he was using again. He was certainly tempted but I don't think he did.

However, when he took the baby after he started the fire his face looked really ragged out, red/purple eyes, sunken face, just awful, like he was really sick.

I also think the baby is in danger simply because the Others have a taste for little kiddies.

And again, the religious overtones in this ep. were really prominent.

Locke didn't really seem too interested in Claire and her baby getting baptized. I think this is the first glimmer of a conflict between Locke and Eco - maybe good vs. evil as I've always been rather suspicious of Locke.

Maybe the Island is really Hell and Locke has come home to roost. Eco has dove down into Hell to rescue everyone. Far-fetched I know.

Rolly Sig Shop

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-25-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Ugh. I thought that was the worst episode yet -- each week they just keep getting worse. Why are so many characters getting the back-burner this season? Where has Sayid been? Michael? Jin?

I think I'm going to stop watching this season, then pick up the Season 2 DVD when it comes out and watch it all back-to-back, like I did with the first season. This whole "air an episode, wait 4 weeks to air the next one" has really made watching this show feel like a chore for me.

They really should consider doing it 24 style.

Handcrafted by RollDDice

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I'm thinking the same thing Lozenge. It's feeling a bit labor intensive!

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-26-06, 06:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 06:21 AM (EST)

I didn't like Liam during the first Charlie backstory, but really can't stand him now. How selfish.

I take it Charlie's mother died by how touched he was that Liam's daughter was named after her, but other than his father cutting meat at the beginning, did they ever say what happened to him? I take it Charlie wasn't close with him by him screaming to Liam "what about my family."

So Charlie can swim in his dreams, but not on the island?

Someone really needs to put Locke in his place. I was hoping Eco would step in and do that. I'd like to see a showdown between those two.

The flirting between Hurley and Libby was pretty cute. Liked Sawyer's line about Hurley having a load to drop in. He is king of the one liners.

Was that Sun being dragged off in the previews?

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I do think that is indeed Sun being dragged off in the preview.

I too want to see Locke get knocked down a few notches. Actually, a whole lot of notches. What a jerkwad.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-26-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
In reference to Sun...I think it was.

If something happens and she gets "eliminated", I'm gonna be uber-pissed. Perhaps they're taking her b/c she's "innocent". Who knows.

PQM. Join or die!

01-26-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Ugh. Worst episode so far. I didn't like Charlie, I still don't like Charlie, and I don't think I'm ever going to like Charlie. Yeah, his brother sucks and he had a rough childhood, but who doesn't have issues? I can't believe this entire episode was wasted on Charlie trying to ge Aaron baptized. Yeah, I know it has some meaning to the story as a whole, but I don't care about Charlie. The only good part about the Charlie backstory was the diaper scene. Total hoot, although I don't think I was supposed to laugh at it. But it was funny.

I do have to say I enjoyed Locke finally showing some emotion, even though it was pretty rough to watch.

Gotta give kudos to Jack for treating Charlie with kindness and compassion when everyone else just walked away from him. Jack rocks.

I think I enjoy Sawyer more with each episode, and that is saying a lot since I've loved him from day one. His names for people just cracks me up. He called Hurley "Jabba" early in the hour, but also called him another name. Was it Tarzan? I can't remember. Whatever it was made me crack up. Love Sawyer!

01-26-06, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Hoss"
Referring to the Bonanza series and the rotund brother.

I thought the diaper scene was funny to. They definately are not setting up Charlie as likable.

I do disagree with people and Locke. I think he was MORE likable this episode. Sure he was rough and physical with Charlie but remember he knows Charlie is a junkie. You don't want a junkie on top of everything else ont he island.

Maybe also Locke has had experience with drug abusers before?

They have only been on the island how many days now? Less than 2 months right? Charlie has not been "clean" for very long. Which brings up how old is that baby? He looked huge and that Claire was having a hard time holding him! He could not be more than 5 weeks.

A PhoenixMons Creation

01-26-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Hoss"
I do disagree with people and Locke. I think he was MORE likable this episode.

Maybe it is just me and the fact that I am such wuss but I could never be as mean and cruel to anyone like Locke was last night. I felt sorry for Charlie.

01-26-06, 08:36 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Hoss"
I'm with you, Doc. Even though I don't like Charlie, I cringed when Locke beat him up, then everyone turned their backs on him and walked away. What a horrible moment.

01-26-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Hoss"
Hoss! Yes! I knew it was a good reference. I just couldn't remember it. Thanks Zombs.

As to Locke, I was just happy to see him finally have a true emotional reaction to something, not that permanent frozen semi-smile he seems to always sport.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I agree with everything in your post, Augie.

Having Charlie be the poor, misunderstood drug addict cum eventual hero is too predictable, so I hope that Damon and company have something else in mind.

Locke showing emotion--excellent! Whether he's good or bad, I'm glad to see a chink in his emotional armor.

Something's not right with Libby. Does she know Hoss from the mental institution. Was she a patient? Is she a spy for the Others? I can't put my finger on it.

FTR, there will only be one repeat before the Sun-centric episode, so everyone keep your panties on straight!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-26-06, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I got the feeling maybe Libby was at the mental institution. I am going to rewatch that episode and see if I see her there.

01-26-06, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "This Show"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

OK, now don't get me wrong, I still love Lost, but I'd like to say that this show has really been going WAY downhill lately. These last few episodes have paled in comparison to some of the episodes in the first season, and early on in this one.

I don't like how they haven't really focused on multiple stories per episode lately...they kinda do two or three minutes for both of two other minor "plotlines", and the rest of the time is spent on the main character for the episode. It really sucks b/c when you don't like the person that it's centered around (see: the last two weeks, for me at least).

Yesterday's episode in particular was truly horrendous. The episode did absolutely nothing. We already knew Charlie was using again, or so we could conclude, and we also knew that he was gonna freak out about Aaron. In fact, I could've gotten by just fine on the previews alone, they practically showed everything in there, and that's not saying a lot seeing how half the previews were fluff anyway.

The only thing, I think, that was interesting was how over-protective Locke has become of Claire, but otherwise, that's it.

I don't know. I'm really hoping the 2/8 episode is gonna be good, but...we'll see.

But before I end this post...I'd like to bring up the subject of Libby? Was it just me, or was there something iffy about her and saying that he stepped on her foot. Anyone have the first season and want to go back and examine?

PQM. Join or die!

01-26-06, 08:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: This Show"
The episode did absolutely nothing. We already knew Charlie was using again, or so we could conclude,

I took it that Charlie was not using. Does everyone else think he was using again?

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: This Show"
No I don't think Charlie was using again. I think he is really fighting some inner demons. This episode really gave me some compassion towards Charlie. He brother was such a jerk to him. He sold his piano- which obviously meant a lot to Charlie- to buy a plane ticket to Australia. We find out later that Liam gets cleaned up and Charlie ends up messed up. I know it's his own fault- but it makes me feel sorry for him.

I'm probably one of the few that never liked Locke. Now I really hate him. Something's up with him. He's keeping all the guns locked up for himself. Why did he keep the statues? He could have easily destroyed them. Hitting Charlie like that- way out of line. Locke wants to have the upper hand. He wants to control the power on island. Looks like in the previews he is confronted by Jack about the guns.

I think Charlie was having visions- same as Jack had about his father. Just like people seeing Walt or Kate seeing the black horse. But no one is taking Charlie seriously. It made me feel really bad for him. I hope someone befriends him.

I like Sawyer more each week. Calling Hurley "Jabba" and "Hoss"- priceless! I think there is more to Hurley and Libby. Libby thought she just recognized him from getting her foot stepped on but it seems like there is more to it. She's really coming on to with him, no?

I like how they softened up Anna-Lucia a bit. I didn't think I would like her character but I like that her and Jack have teamed up. But how many tarps can they have on that island for pete's sake!

Yikes! Looks like Sun gets grabbed in her garden by the Others? Oh please don't take Sun off the show!

2005 PhoenixMons

Misty Twist 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-26-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty%20Twist Click to send private message to Misty%20Twist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: This Show"
I just have to say WORST epi yet. It did nothing to move the story along or provide any profound insight about any character. Charlie just doesn't have a lot to give to the story and it feels like they were trying to make that happen last night. Well guess what.....THEY FAILED.
And as far as Locke, he rocks, always have and always will think so. His actions were NOT out of line one bit.
Think about it you have a baby and a drug user(Okay, so maybe he wasn't using again but it sure looked that way) not a good combo. The drug user wound up with the baby once unexplained and it looked to everyone else he stole the kid. The he sets a fire that could potentially eliminate the camp and steals the baby and runs out to see with it.
If I was Claire I would of hit him myself. Locke was just protecting the baby. Sending a stronger message to Charlie to stay away b\c he wasn't listening to everyone telling him to stay away.
Yeah, so it's not Locke's kid to protect but I think it's in almost everyone's nature to protect children wether they are yours or not. For example I was at the movie thearte and some random guy comes up to these two 11/12 year olds. He's asking them all these strange questions and standing real close. I didn't like the way it looked/felt so I approached them, asked if they kids knew him, they said no so I told him to get lost then notified the officers on duty of his odd behavior.
People protect children and I think that's all Locke was doing.

Now I say I like Locke but I'm still trying to figure out where the heck he learned all these skills(i.e. resetting the lock combo). I mean he worked at a box company for pete sake. That part of his story is a little unbelievable to me.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Disagree"
Locke was way out of line in last night's episode. If there's anyone in camp who knows what it's like to A) have visions, B) be the camp pariah, and C) understand that appearances can be deceiving, it's Locke. Did we all forget that he's responsible for Boone's death...because of a vision...that he didn't want to tell anyone about because they wouldn't understand? And now he's gonna punch Charlie because he's acting weird? Nope, I'm sorry to say it, because I really liked the guy, but he's become a first-rate A-Hole. Actually, the way the entire camp acted last night seemed a little bit contrived.

If they suspected he was using again and was dangerous, why didn't Jack examine him? Why didn't they talk to him? Why didn't anyone reach out to him in an understanding manner? After all, as Charlie said, they've all had weird visions. But now that it's Charlie, it must be the drugs.

Last night's episode left me the thought that Charlie's "F.A.T.E" is to be a sacrifice at some point, and probably to save Aaron. He's my vote for next regular cast member to bite it.

Fester

01-26-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Disagree"
Well written Fester! I agree with it and am very sad that I too believe Charlie is the next one to bite the bullet. I do like his character and wish they could have taken his story on a different path!

01-26-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: This Show"
I think I agree with everything you said.

I don't think Charlie was using. I'm not sure if he was keeping the statues to test himself as he said or as a cushion just in case he needs them in the future. I really liked Charlie when the show started and have gotten so annoyed with all his whining. I preferred when him and Hurley would pal around over his obsession with Claire. I think Charlie desperately wants a family to prove he is capable of taking care of them and also just to belong somewhere. I can understand Claire being so protective of Aaron and don't blame her for not trusting Charlie, but it is eating him up. Also seeing Locke, who also needs a family, spending so much time with them makes it worse.

Before the crash Liam and the piano seemed to be all that Charlie had. Liam begged Charlie to stick with the band when Charlie wanted to quit because he felt the lifestyle was against his religion and then pushed Charlie aside when they became famous. He looked down on Charlie because he wasn't the big frontman who had all the groupies and partied all the time and then looked down at him again after he got cleaned up in Sydney. Got cleaned up, mind you, partly with the money from Charlie's precious piano.

I also was never crazy about Locke and dislike him more and more each show. Jack should have let him get dragged down that hole last year. I can't stand his superior attitude. Every week he's telling someone what to do, but don't tell him what to do. He beats up Charlie and nobody steps in to help. If that would have been Sawyer, the whole camp would have been on him in a flash. But Locke can get away with it.

The only one that ever seems to question him is Jack and Locke usually doesn't give him a straight answer. Remember the conversion they had after Locke was almost sucked down the hole where Locke says being on the island is their destiny. Jack says he doesn't believe in destiny and Locke says he does, he just doesn't know it yet. Well ok, I guess he knows everything. Jack is not the right person to confront him because he's too nice and believes people are entitled to their own opinions. Sayid would be a good one to keep Locke in line. They were good last year when Locke thought he was conning Sayid about the hatch, but Sayid knew he was lying. So now Locke has made himself keeper of the guns and keeper of the heroin. Somebody has to knock him down a few pegs and stop letting him get away with everything.

Also I like Saywer more and more each week. He's so funny. He is portrayed as the outcast, but he is always doing work around camp. He was one of the first to put out the fire last night, was right there with Sayid at the beginning to break up the fight between Jin and Michael and you often see him chopping wood and doing other things around camp. He's not an outcast. He just put on that attitude.

Many suspect Libby of being one of the others, but I don't. I think she did work at the hospital where Hurley was. If she wasn't on the place how did she know he got on last and was sweaty? I'm not sure how he stepped on her foot since she was in the back, but maybe he passed her when one of them was on the way to the restroom. She did seem to be flirting with him. Maybe if they hang around together he'll find out where she worked.

This is the second week in a row that I didn't want to smack Ana Lucia. Maybe she can take on Locke.

Sun better not get hurt or be gone for long.

01-26-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
39. "RE: This Show"
But before I end this post...I'd like to bring up the subject of Libby? Was it just me, or was there something iffy about her and saying that he stepped on her foot. Anyone have the first season and want to go back and examine?

I find that kind of suspicious. I am not a frequent flier, but how often do people enter from the tail section of the plane. If Hurley was the last one on, how did he step on her foot as he getting there, as she is a tailie...

01-26-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: This Show"
Excellent point!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: This Show"
It's been awhile since I've flown international, but aren't there two boarding doors for the largest planes? Otherwise, it would take forever to board everyone. I'm trying to remember, but my caffeine has worn off.

If not, great catch, FC!

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

01-26-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
43. "RE: This Show"
I haven't flown much internationally but some of the big planes I have been on there is entering in the center of the plane. I am not sure if there are two entrances to the same plane.

Maybe she was actually in the front of the plane (sitting) but during the accident and as the plane crashed she was in the back of the plane.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-07-06, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: This Show"
quote: I haven't flown much internationally but some of the big planes I have been on there is entering in the center of the plane. I am not sure if there are two entrances to the same plane.

I just got back from the Galapagos Island a couple months ago and there was a front and back entrance on the planes -- they loaded passengers on from both and it went much faster.

01-26-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
48. "RE: This Show"
In the finale last year Hurley walked towards the back to get to his seat and passed Michael and Walt on the way.

01-26-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
45. "Libby Spec/spoiler?"
I have seen on other message boards and I don't know where they get this info but it does look like it could explain a lot.

Invisible text

It has been said that Libby is a pathological liar. She may not be a psychologist. She could have been a fellow patient with Hurley even.

A PhoenixMons Creation

01-26-06, 06:55 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Libby Spec/spoiler?"
Highlight:

Ooh, I wonder if she is!

PQM. Join or die!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-26-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Finally, more back story on Charlie. He's been in the background & a bit annoying of late, but I haven't given up on the fact that he'd have some interesting stuff come out.

I say he was NOT using again, but I was really frustrated with him for hiding the statues the way he did & lying to Locke. Of course people won't trust you if you LIE! Typical misunderstood character who becomes ostracized by the rest of the group storyline. Now we have to wait for the Charlie redemption episode.

My first thought was that Charlie had the "sickness." Maybe the hallucinations & dreams cause the sickness -- either you're strong enough to stay "sane" or you go "insane" and Charlie is teetering on the brink of insanity because of this.

I think Charlie's motives will become more clear when more of his back story is revealed -- how did his mum die? What made a devoutly religious "good boy" finally join his brother in his heroin addiction? I think Charlie is good and because of his history, no one will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Which brings me to my man Locke. I'm with you, Slice. This is the first time I actually disliked Locke. I understand his frustration with Charlie's lies, but in past episodes Locke has been portrayed as very AWARE of what's going on. So, I am surprised he didn't believe Charlie & try to talk to him about his dreams. I am also REALLY shocked that Locke is spending so much time with Claire & the baby, knowing that Charlie is jealous. Now I am reanalyzing Locke's agenda. I still think he is good, but something is amiss. He seems to have an interest in Claire & Aaron, but why?

I thought Libby was acting rather odd when she & Hurley were doing laundry. (I also noted the new model washer/dryer -- who brought them to the island?) I think Libby does know Hurley from before the island & before he stepped on her foot in the airplane. She had a look when Hurley asked her if he knew her from somewhere.

Sun is definitely the one kidnapped. The previews mentioned that she will be hurt very badly. I don't think she'll be killed off (I really hope not). I remember a spoiler last year that Claire's baby wasn't the only "baby" & that a passenger (SUN?!?) was pregnant. That would make sense if the others wanted her for her unborn baby.

I have really enjoyed all the episodes this season & think the show is getting better and better with each new flashback (EXCEPT Jack's -- I don't know why, but his flashbacks bore the heck out of me). No disappointment here, except that I think we're going to have a few weeks of repeats before the Sun kidnap episode airs. Boohoo

A PhoenixMons Production

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-26-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maroonclowns%20mom Click to send private message to maroonclowns%20mom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
What else has Locke got hidden in that cubby hole? Also. what was he disconneting or shifting on the wall?

01-26-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I was wondering what he was tinkering around with also.

And he didn't seem to want Claire to bunk down there. I don;t remember an alarm going off every hour and a half - is this true?

Rolly Sig Shop

01-26-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
29. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Remember, the buzzer sounds before they enter "the numbers" into the computer?

01-26-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
30. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Riiight. Even still, Locke seems to be turning odd. I was trusting him for a long time and now I'm right back to how I felt about him at the beginning. I'm not liking what I see.

Rolly Sig Shop

01-26-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Every 108 minutes the numbers need to be entered.

A PhoenixMons Production

winter999 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail winter999 Click to send private message to winter999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
What Locke was doing was changing the combination to the Arms Room. I think he'll share the new combo with the rest of the "leaders". Bet Charlie won't get the new combo! This is the same room that Locke stashed the Heroin Statues. Now someone questioned above why Locke would keep these, especially with Charlie's plight. Considering that the heroin is now stashed in a weapon's locker, don't you think this will play into the Big Fight of Jake's Army vs. The Others that you just know is going to happen? Poison the water supply? food?

01-26-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
33. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Locke was resetting the combination lock.

A PhoenixMons Production

01-26-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Charlie's vision"
I really liked how they made Charlie's vision of Claire and his mom look like an old religious painting with the muted colors. Claire and his mom had halos like saints or angels. And was Hurley supposed to be Jesus? That was cool. When the white dove flew over him I thought I saw a black bird at first as well. Anyone else see that? Or just the white bird?

2005 PhoenixMons

01-26-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Charlie's vision"
It was such an odd effect, I hope someone can clarify the black bird/white bird for us.

I also liked how they made the vision look like one of those old epic movies we always see at easter but I have to say I was more reminded of the nativity scene with Claire as Mary and Charlie's mom as Joseph.

Rolly Sig Shop

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Aaron and the Hatch"
Did anyone else think Locke's answer to Claire's question about Aaron sleeping in the bunker was preposterous? There's an alarm? That's why he shouldn't stay there? Oh yeah, I'm sure it's much more comfortable for him to be out in the elements all day long and wiser for him to be sleeping in a bug-infested "hut" accessible to boars and crazy French women and the Others than to have his sleep interrupted by an alarm every hour and a half.

That was a laugh out loud moment for me last night.

Babies sleep. It's what they do best. If the alarm wakes him up, guess what? He'll just fall back asleep.

Fester

01-26-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Aaron and the Hatch"
I thought that was odd too. Locke doesn't want Claire and the baby in the hatch- why? And he keeps changing the combination on the "vault" where he keeps the guns and now the statues. He certainly is very possessive of the hatch.

2005 PhoenixMons

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"

Something's up with locke. He goes from giving charlie the choice, seemingly with Jedi-like patience, to confiscating the statues? Then they show him taking them into a room and closing the door?!?! Is it possible he's experimenting with em? I can't imagine that, but also can't imagine why he wouldn't destroy them all as soon as possible...

Anyone else notice that when the fire was set, and at the end, Charlie didn't have the FATE bandages on his fingers anymore? Meaningful, or a screw up in wardrobe?

Agreed the last two ep. have been snoozers. I look forward to Invasion more...

01-26-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
38. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Anyone else notice that when the fire was set, and at the end, Charlie didn't have the FATE bandages on his fingers anymore? Meaningful, or a screw up in wardrobe?

Yes Jimbo, but I noticed that Charlie didn't have the bandages right after he woke up with the baby.

I started a thread on this very thing. It's very peculiar.

Rolly Sig Shop

01-26-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
41. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
I thought Charlie quit wearing the tape long ago and when it was shown in this episode (the letters F A T E) it was DURING his dream. So in real life no tape, but in his dream he was wearing the tape.

A PhoenixMons Production

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Such was a boring episode last night. I didn't even really care for the conversations they were having, and just switched back and forth between different channels.

I did like the beginning of the episode though with Charlie as a kid, and that, but after it was downhill.

01-26-06, 11:59 PM (EST)
49. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
Charlie took the letters off to leave a trail when Ethan took him and Claire.

ruppiefan 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ruppiefan Click to send private message to ruppiefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread 01/25/06"
A few things to mention from this eppy.
Eko marking the trees, why?? are they the same ones Charlie burned ??
The painting of Chist being babtised by John is hanging in the family home in the flashback. The painting itself shows both the white dove and a black bird.
Anyone notice the Dad cutting the meat intertwined with dolls being butchered??
Just a side note:: Eko explained that the dove released from heaven was a sign that John washed away Jesus' sins. When in fact, Jesus had no sin and the dove was a sign that Jesus was the Son of God. Okay I'm no expert. I do believe this is accepted in all christian faith. Eko has made several mistakes in his teachings. WHY??

02-03-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
51. "Dwight from the Office has some theories"
Check out his blog here.

An excerpt:

I think the polar bears are actually hippies from the Dharma Institute in polar bear outfits.

Thought everyone would enjoy a little Office humor. Gotta love Dwight.

02-03-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Dwight from the Office has some theories"
I must go check out updates on the webpage. Funny show, funny website.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •