The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lost List... Unanswered questions"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Original message

TeamJoisey 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-17-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lost List... Unanswered questions"
I've started a little list of questions without answers.
It's a work in progress. Please help.

Review this list and add some questions to the comments field, or leave them here on this thread.

Thanks.

Let's see how many questions really exist...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... Das Mole 11-17-05 1
   Whisper transcripts moonbaby 11-17-05 2
       RE: Whisper transcripts lvoetulips 11-19-05 11
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... AugustGirl 11-17-05 3
 Great stuff!! TeamJoisey 11-17-05 4
   Whose eye view? Chez 11-18-05 5
       RE: Whose eye view? J Slice 11-18-05 6
           RE: Whose eye view? pumpkinqueen 11-18-05 7
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... J I M B O 11-18-05 8
   Jack question . . . FFantasyFX 11-19-05 9
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... Elaine0 11-19-05 10
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... ladro 11-19-05 12
   RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... TeamJoisey 11-19-05 13
       RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... ladro 11-19-05 14
           RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... TeamJoisey 11-20-05 15
               RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... cycles2k 11-20-05 16
                   Mystery Overload 1derfool 11-20-05 17
                       RE: Mystery Overload cycles2k 11-22-05 18
 RE: Lost List... Unanswered questio... mrc 01-24-06 19
   #3: What brought down the plane? weltek 01-24-06 20
       RE: #3: What brought down the plane... mrc 01-24-06 21
           RE: #3: What brought down the plane... weltek 01-24-06 22
 What if The Others are really resea... 1derfool 01-28-06 23
   RE: What if The Others are really r... michel 01-28-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-17-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
A few that I have:

- Are the Others attempting to create a Utopian society, what with their capture of "good people"?
- How come Nathan was acting so suspicious?
- How did Claire end up back at the camp?
- How did Goodwin communicate the Others where the tailies' camp was located?
- Why was Goodwin alone at the time of the crash? Don't the Others usually travel in groups?
- What are the whispers in the jungle saying, and what/who are they?
- Where did Desmond go?

And I believe I have an answer to one of them:

"Why did he not want to claim the lottery prize?"

He simply didn't want things to change in his life, he didn't want people to view him differently, as we saw w/his friend in Episode 204.

If I think of more questions, I'll post them

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-05, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Whisper transcripts"
here: http://www.lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

Adding to the list of questions, are the whispers coming from The Others or are they yet another island oddity?

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-19-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Whisper transcripts"
Wow, moonbaby- thanks for that link!

courtesy of tribe, master of my universe

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-05, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
-- How could the supply room in Desmond's bunker be filled to the brim with supplies when he had been there for a few years?

-- Where did the supplies come from and how were they being replenished (if they were at all)?

-- Is there a supply warehouse within the hatch, on another part of the island, or is there a drop off point for regular deliveries?

I'm obsessed with the supplies. Can you tell?

11-17-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Great stuff!!"
Keep 'em coming!!

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Whose eye view?"
Doesn't each episode start from the "eye view" of one of the characters? If so, from whose eye view was the tailie 48 day episode started? It would have been someone on the island before the crash. Goodwin? Another Other? Are we really sure Mr. Eko was on the plane? Someone else?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Whose eye view?"
The 48 days ep started with a scene of a serence beach... and the tail section slamming into the water. No eyes.

If Mr. Eko wasn't on the plane, I see no reason why he'd have been in the water at the beginning...

Just don't tell me what I can't do.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-18-05, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Whose eye view?"
i think Mr. Eko was on the plane too. i do find it interesting that the others were so close to where the tailies crashed though--at least Goodwin was--and that they started picking them off so fast.

i obviously don't have any answers, but i do have lots of theories.

actually, it's a PhoenixMons

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
Sorry if some of these are dupes/already answered.

THE PLANE (?)
Why does Oceanic website show a flight 815 arrived in LA?

THE ISLAND (?)
What is the source of the black smoke?
Sayid found a cord that led to Danielle…but what is on the other end?

THE HATCH & THE BUNKERS (??)
Why do both have “quarantine” on the inside of the doors?

THE DHARMA INITIATIVE (?)
What DOES happen if the button isn’t pushed?

JACK (?)
Is Jack’s dead father walking the island?
Where’d ^ come from? I think I must have missed something.

LOCKE (?)
How does he have a ‘connection’ with the island? How encompassing is it?
How does he know about Walt’s abilities?
Why does he seem to try and ‘free’ some people?
Is Alvar Hanso his father?

WALT (??)
Does he have any clue yet about his ‘powers’?
Did he manually light the raft on fire, or just think it?

ETHAN (?)
Similar to Goodwin, how did he get to the wreck in time to blend in?
Why blend in?

THE OTHERS (?)
They seem to have abnormal strength (at least Ethan did when fighting Jack). Why/how?
Do they know of the hatch/bunker?

THE BOOKS (5)
Is the monster similar to nanobots in Michael Crichton’s Prey?

MISCELLANEOUS (?)
What is significance of all the pre-flight links between some characters?
What other links are material?
Is Vincent special in any way?

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Jack question . . ."
>JACK (?)
>Is Jack’s dead father walking the
>island?
>Where’d ^ come from? I think
>I must have missed something.

This is from an early 1st season episode entitled White Rabbit. Jack sees his dead father walking around the jungle, goes chasing after him, almost gets himself killed in the process (thankfully Locke is around to save the day), and eventually discovers his father's coffin in a pool of fresh water. Of course, the body isn't in the coffin. We're never quite sure whether Jack was hallucinating the whole thing or the phantasm was real. As far as I know, Jack's father hasn't put in any encore appearances on the island though.

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-19-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
Does he (Hurley) own the box company that employs Locke?

This one was answered in my easter egg spoiler thread.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
IMO there is more than one list there. There is a list of Core Mysteries, a list secondary mysteries a list of curiosities and a list of plot holes.

I would define Core Mysteries as those questions that one would expect to have answered at the end (if Lost were a Movie or a Book). For example (What is the black smoke stuff, what is the dharma initiative, why are the others kidnapping people and children, etc..)

I would define secondary mysteries as those questions that one would have to formulate answers for based upon the answers to the core mysteries. (what sickness infected Dannielle's group, what does Desmond know, etc..)

Curiosities would be defined as things you would not expect to have answered at the end of the Book/movie, but are just that curiosites, (does Hurley own the Locke's Box company, Who did Kate Kill, Why can Locke walk now, Did jack's wife die, etc...)

Plot Holes would be story oversites or inside jokes that probably have no answers, are not significant, and will probably never be spoken of again (why is the logo on the Shark, why is the Black Rock in the middle of the Jungle, why is there a quarintine sign on the inside of the bunker, etc...).

I sense you are moving over to the dark side.

11-19-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
I wonder how insignificant some of those oddities will turn out to be.

If there is some island force that put the Black Rock in the jungle, for instance, then it would predate all the Dharma bunker nonsense.

Maybe Sarah's death isn't important in the long run, but Locke's sudden ability to walk, which waned at a critical moment, seems somehow tied to the island.

I don't think we can really tell which parts are not essential to the plot. Maybe the whole Dharma thing is a red herring. Maybe the others are just a bunch of folks from a plane crash three years earlier who have settled on the island. Maybe they are cannibals.

As Judd would say on Survivor: I have no freakin' idea!

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
I should have put Locke's walking into secondary mysteries rather than curiosites.

You are of course correct that classification is subjective for many of the questions. But some of the questions are clearly more Core than others.

11-20-05, 01:14 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
True, but putting it all on one list was enough work for me. It was more of an exercise in frustration. I wish they'd provide some answers.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-05, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
"I wish they'd provide some answers."

Me too, Added mysteries are losing their impact. It is getting to the point that any resolution is going to be unsatisfactory.

I hope the writers are not writing themselves into a corner.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Mystery Overload"
I really wish they'd either answer some of those nagging questions or somehow let us know which mysteries can be ignored because they have no effect on the story line. With every new episode there are more questions than answers, it's getting a bit much for my poor jangled nerves. As much as I like this show, it's starting to get to me, invading my sleep and every waking minute. It's not a good sign if you can't keep a decent conversation without working LOST into it. I've even been told to take a break and get 'lost from the TV' on Wednesdays so I can get back on track.

A few answers would be nice to get rid of this Lost Unanswered Questions and Mysteries Overload Syndrome I'm suffering from.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-05, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Mystery Overload"
Funny thing is, it is Locke's walking and what he saw in the island jungle the got me hooked. I find myself becoming immuned to other mysteries like quarantined hatches, barefoot "others" and magic numbers.

Is it too much to ask for a new episode every week?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Lost List... Unanswered questions"
Bumping . . .

DW and I are rewatching the 1st season. Several questions:

1. What role does Vincent play in this show?
2. Does the cable that Sayid found on the beach tie together two of the Dharma stations?
3. What brought down the plane?
4. Is there a monster (a mutant, maybe?) that is separate from the security system?
5. Does Walt's comic book tie in to the hatch somehow?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "#3: What brought down the plane?"
Knowing what we do about the black smoke now (it has force to it-can upend trees, etc), and given that many saw "something" swoop in and bring the plane down, I'd be willing to bet the black smoke brought the plane down.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: #3: What brought down the plane?"
Who mentioned that they saw something swooping in? I'm not questioning that some character(s) made that claim, but I don't recall that. Then again, we haven't made it thorugh the 1st season yet.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: #3: What brought down the plane?"
My bad, it was after the plane crashed where the black thing appeared:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID77/157.shtml

I still think the smoke brought the plane down, too, but that's mere speculation based on the above link & what we now know about the smoke.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-28-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "What if The Others are really researchers?"
Would anyone be surprised if The Others are really researchers, assistants and/or hired help of some sort working for Hanso?
I've been thinking about The Others and all the questions we've got about them.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced they're doing research on human behavior and manipulating situations to see how their 'test subjects', the survivors and possibly the bunker computer guardians before them react.

They'd have their supplies brought in regularly, which explains the supplies found in the bunker. So they make it look old, part of the experiment to fit with the old equipment.

How would The Others have had fuel for their boat if they were there for ages? How could that dinky boat even make it to the island if it's so far from charted islands? Having it brought in as a 'prop' to use as needed would take care of that question.

How did The Others know of the plane crash and find the tail section so fast that Goodwin was there before everyone had made it out of the water? If they'd been tracking the plane they'd know exactly where to find both sections.

Why have someone enter the numbers regularly, without much background info? Maybe to see how long a human will go along to 'save the world' before figuring it out himself or giving up. Sooner or later it would (or should) occur to anyone from the present time that an 'ancient' computer isn't going to save the world from anything. The stress of knowing the demise of the world as we know it rests on you keying in some numbers every 108 minutes would be enough to drive anyone mad sooner or later. It would be interesting to study this process, see how the test subject deals with it, how long before he figures it out or just gives up, let the world explode but don't make me live like this for another minute. If the replacements don't come in time, how does that affect his behavior? If Desmond is really one of The Others (research team), making it look like he's been doing this for years will make it seem more important to the survivors to keep up the job. Think about it - what was Desmond thinking when he ran away - does he think he'll find a way off the island? If he ran away to pass the task to the survivors, they'd quickly resume his job to save the world. Sooner or later somebody will start wondering about what happened to him but for now the numbers are safely entered, the 'behavior studies' are on their way.

There are so many co-incidences that make me think The Others have been spying on them, set up the situation specifically to study the reactions. In a closed environment like the island, you don't have to worry much about outside influences affecting your results. You can manipulate the situation to study almost any behavior you want, little chance of 'contamination' from outsiders.

It wouldn't even surprise me to find that all the passengers on the plane were somehow 'manipulated' to be there, hand chosen by Hanso to take part in the experiment. If the Organization has the money to set up the island bunker, the research institute they claim to have, I bet they'd have the finances to search out people with specific character traits, background, and whatever else to make an interesting mix of people to throw together. It might not be easy to get the timing right but with some work, they could have assembled all the test subjects on the correct airplane. It could even be possible that the airplane crew was in on it - the stewardess might not have been kidnapped but gone on her own to join The Others since her 'job' was now over, no need to have her hang around and be discovered as a 'spy'.

Just some idle thoughts, maybe it's way out, probably is, but it's something to consider or rip apart.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What if The Others are really researchers?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-06 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

Taking all that time and spending all that money and risk losing all your subjects in a crash? If it is an experiment then the conclusion has to be that the crash never happened but somehow was staged with all the survivors being drugged to believe it was real. Wouldn't that also imply that the researchers killed all the ones that didn't "make it"?
Giving their subjects weapons also would imply the researchers are ready to die for their experiment as Ethan and Goodwin already have. Very serious researchers!! I'm not saying it's impossible but those questions would need an answer.
I think it is an experiment with random survivors and that the Others are part of the subjects not the staff.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •