The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

barbed 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-04-05, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barbed Click to send private message to barbed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Before you all jump dowm my throat, I agree that they have problems and are immature. Too many drugs? Looks that way. Too many concerts? Most definitely. Lazy? Oh, yes.
BUT, it's cruel to match them with the almost-robotic Dancys with their enormous home, multiple cars, etc. (The kids, mind you, would rather be a little more like everyone else). How can the Wopperers NOT feel badly compared with the Dancys? And we don't know the reasons behind the Wopperer's peculiar lifestyle choice.

I don't know why the majority of families on this show are affluent enough to get by without an additional $50,000.
That makes as much sense to me as the self-made millionaire participating on The Apprentice.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... leianawd 12-05-05 1
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... YouWatch2MuchTV 12-08-05 2
       RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... barbed 12-08-05 3
           RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... FlowerChild 12-08-05 5
           RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... shayshay1 12-15-05 10
       RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... bluekittySC 06-19-09 18
           RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Starshine 06-19-09 19
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... barbed 12-08-05 4
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Tamena 12-08-05 6
 RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Ygg 12-09-05 7
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... nazpink 12-09-05 8
       RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... nazpink 12-09-05 9
           RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... lizery 12-17-05 11
               RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... nazpink 12-17-05 12
                   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Jenoc99 12-21-05 13
                       RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... popstarwannabee 12-23-05 14
                           RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... dopeydwarf 12-30-05 15
 RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... sammyboy22 01-02-06 16
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Rowan 01-10-06 17
 RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Krista8527 08-29-09 20
   RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer f... Krista8527 08-31-09 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-05-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
I agree it does kind of stink to see people who are already well off to get money that to them is merely "fun" money when others could really use it. But this isn't a show about giving people money who need it, it's a show based on experimentation. The families are supposed to be the complete opposite in many aspects, this is to see if the families will gain newfound respect for their own family or others and if each family will take something from the experience that could better their lives. The Wopperers seem to be the type of people that would need a drastic measure to make them see the extreme errors in their ways. Not only is this family financially well off but they worked to get that security and they did so by being motivated and responsible, which they carry over to other aspects of their lives. As for feeling sorry for the Wopperer family, I don't. My financial situation isn't that great but that doesn't stop my boyfriend and I from trying and if we are late on our bills and cannot pay the full amount we always make good on it with our tax return. We don't sit around drinking and chain smoking and taking a thousand naps while someone else takes care of us because we simply don't give a damn. I find it implorable that they behave like this and put all the responsibility off on their children and I imagine that if their children tell them no they probably manipulate them into feeling bad. I know people like the Wopperer's and they don't deserve anyone's pity instead they deserve a swift kick in the butt.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

YouWatch2MuchTV 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail YouWatch2MuchTV Click to send private message to YouWatch2MuchTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
I tuned in this ridiculous 'show' for the first time and discovered that, within the realms of the cosmic metaphysical universe, that FOX executives have again hit a new low. What do you expect when you trade dumb wives from a rich family with a down-in-the-dumps family? Jerry Springer! Of course, the rich ##### will feel superior and tell the dumb f@ck family they better get their act together. Didn't this show once have some kind of positive message at one time, about people trading positive experiences or meaningful morals? Instead, we get, from the brilliant brains a FOX.."Its better to be rich kids!"...Pfft...This show will continue to be a big hit on American TV because the American public is pathetically stupid and ignorant.

12-08-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barbed Click to send private message to barbed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Thank God I'm NOT American!

FlowerChild 1168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-08-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlowerChild Click to send private message to FlowerChild Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-05 AT 02:20 PM (EST)

That WAS harsh. You watched the show, didn't you? THEN you even came here to comment about it.....

Hmmm....

ETA: This really ticks me off. the American public is pathetically stupid and ignorant. Who are you to say that when you WATCH THE F'ING SHOW??? GO away.

Thank God I AM American.

shayshay1 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-15-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shayshay1 Click to send private message to shayshay1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
>Thank God I'm NOT American!

I am proud to be an AMERICAN

bluekittySC 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-09, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bluekittySC Click to send private message to bluekittySC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."

This show will
>continue to be a big
>hit on American TV because
>the American public is pathetically
>stupid and ignorant.

At least MOST Americans have decent, clean teeth unlike MOST Europeans! The nasty husband in the Wopperer family is NOT like MOST Americans. They are just pure lazy people. Nasty, dirty white trash.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-19-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Most Europeans have clean teeth, and for some reason find the bleached white of American teeth quite amusing.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

12-08-05, 12:43 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
I find your response a little cold but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
The Wopperer children are level-headed and responsible so the parents must have done something right.
As for your own situation: it's not being played out on national television.

A little compassion is a GOOD thing and never killed anyone.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Although I found the Wopperer's irritating, the Dancy's annoyed me a lot more. Mrs Dancy and that oh-so-very-fake laugh of hers about had me screaming at the TV.
Mr W is seriously lacking in a lot of areas and I wouldn't personally put up with him for very long, but he loves his wife and kids. Same can be said for Mrs W. She's a serious slacker, but she's open and I think honestly cares for her family. So they're not the Cleavers, they're not the Manson's either.
The Dancy's...interesting little camp they have going on there. I bet Mommy schedules their pooping for pete's sake. The Holier Than Thou thing was disgusting.

My daughter visited with my father and step mother last spring over Easter Break. When she got home she asked me "mom, are all rich people snobs?" I kinda laughed and told her no, why? (yes, daddy dearest has some serious money, we however are lucky to be able to afford a movie out a few times a year) I saw more of the same attitude on this show and I realize it was editing that made it that way, but it wasn't pretty. She watched with me and said the Dancy family reminded her of Grandad's... I feel sorry for the Dancy kid to be honest.

I think Mrs Dancy's laugh is what did me in the most. Her smile never reached her eyes, even when she got back to her family. I'd rather be poor and where I am now then that miserable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Ygg 7 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 03:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ygg Click to send private message to Ygg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
> Too many drugs? Looks that way.

Unless there's been some serious glue sniffing going on (which I don't rule out), then no. The only common "drug" of abuse that tends to cause major cognitive deficits is everyone's lucratively taxable friend, ethyl alcohol.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
The Dancy family had it's faults yes, but they are just as much human beings as the rest of us no one is perfect. In my opinion the Dancy family needed to allow their son to have a bit more fun with his skiing and to make sure that it was more his dream than their own. I do know that where Ingrid is from the parents expect quite a bit out of their children. They are more disciplined with their children and want them to be successful and tend to start that responsibility at a young age, so it was definately a culture thing. As for the family being snobby, I don't think they were, I've been around my fair share of snobby people and the Dancy family weren't at that level. Snobby people would have commented on the way the Wopperers look and they wouldn't have been so open and welcoming which I felt the Dancy father was, despite the fact that he disagreed with Mrs. Wopperer on allowing their son a bit more independence, which surprised me that she was capable of giving some good advice. As for Mrs. Dancy I feel that she is not open with her emotions, which can come off as being a cold stern person with no compassion, but in her video "diary's" she clearly stated that the children seemed to have good heads on their shoulders and that it concerned her that they would be unable to reach their potentials due to their parents poor enviroment they were exposing their children to, if she was that much of a witch or snob she wouldn't have cared and offered help to the daughter or left a nice amount of money to the Wopperer children. As for the Wopperers as parents just because they have great children who are clearly going in the opposite direction of their parents doesn't necessarily mean it's because they have had a positive affect on their children. Parents are not perfect and make mistakes and children usually do one of two things and that is see their parents mistakes, learn from them and don't make the same ones themselves or they don't learn from them and continue the cycle of poor decisions. I would also like to say that in my opinion the parents manipulate their children, I think there's more to why the son won't move out then just the financial, I wouldn't doubt if the parents would make him feel guilty. I have this impression and feeling because I have had personal experience with people like this. Plus, how warm and compassionate can the Wopperer family be if they gain up on their daughter and walk out on her because she liked Ingrid? I would find it alot easier to have compassion and sympathy as well as empathy for the Wopperer family if they were trying instead of getting tattoo's that cost more than their bills and having a I don't give a sh!t attitude, as someone who isn't in the best financial situation yet tries very hard to make it and pay my bills even if it means only paying half I never say I don't give a crap and never in my life would I expect my children to take care of me while I'm very able to care for myself and that is why the Wopperer family or anyone like them has never and will never make me feel sorry for them.

12-09-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
I just wanted to add how can anyone expect me or others to feel bad for a man, Mr. Wopperer, who feels it's a complete waste to give his children money for their education so they can better their lives, what kind of father feels that way!!!!??????

lizery 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-17-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizery Click to send private message to lizery Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Oh boy,oh boy. The Wopperers. I felt so bad when Colleen thought she was going to scare the kids because of the way she looked. Poor baby needs an extreme makeover more than anything. She was so sweet in a lot of ways. However, when she got home she reverted right back to her child like ways in dealing with her children. I seriously think her and her husband must just smoke a LOT of herb.

The Dancy's. Hm. When Mom got home the older child asked her if she missed them and she didnt even respond. He says" I guess not!". That family didn't need anything and I think she did fine with the money because obviously Chris needs a little freedom.

12-17-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Actually, I think it was the Dancy husbend who asked if his wife missed them, I could be wrong, and she didn't answer him, instead she hugged the children.

I thought that considering the Dancy family already had so much that the Wopperer mom actually did a decent job of sorting out the money, kind of a surprise. As far as her conduct, well she seemed to do well while away from home but as you said reverted back to her old ways once she got home, maybe she's a bit of a fake around certain people, I don't know.

Jenoc99 102 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenoc99 Click to send private message to Jenoc99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
The only family member in the Whopperer home I really feel badly for is Heather.
I think someone else said it alrady: how supportive and loving could this family truly be if they all ganged up on Heather just because she was kind to Ingrid, the person that they invited into their home? From what I saw, Ingrid's rules didn't seem all that harsh to me, she wasn't doing anything out of spite or to be mean, she was changing things around to make the place cleaner, and what is the harm in giving the son advice regarding moving out? I agree with others who have said the Whopperer parents manipulate the kids, especially the son, into staying there for financial reasons. I don't understand why the parents don't work? The mom did say in the beginning that she just didn't want to, but no one said why the father doesn't work- does anyone know?
I guess that there is a level of pity that I feel for them. There are reasons why the parents have chosen to lead their family into dysfunction- I think they have depression from what we saw... maybe more serious issues we didn't see.
I'm hoping that they see themselves on t.v. and it gives them all a huge wake up call.

popstarwannabee 3 desperate attention whore postings

12-23-05, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail popstarwannabee Click to send private message to popstarwannabee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
i agree. well said.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-05, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."

I don't think that seeing themselves will do much good. Mr. Wopperer didn't seem to look like he could comprehend much at all.
He always looked mystified to me.
I hope the kids moved out.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
I feel sorry for the Wopperer family too. I don't think that it is very admirable that the parents are supported by the kids. The mom is the one that really killed me at the end when she freaked out on her daughter for wanting to do something with her life besides work fast food and help her lazy butt rocking parents with the bills. Who can blame Heather for wanting to get the hell outta there when her dad comes up with his one yellow extra long tooth and mustache-rides-mustache and asks her for money when she makes pennies working her @ss off at a fast food place!!! The other family was a little weird. I think Ingrid had good intentions to try and help the Wopperer family but she was light years ahead of herself if she really thought she could really make a dent in their mentality and ways...

Rowan 10 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rowan Click to send private message to Rowan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Does anyone believe Mr. W spent the money to fix his teeth? LOL!!!

Krista8527 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-09, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krista8527 Click to send private message to Krista8527 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
Wow where do you start? The Whopper children are such incredible troopers.How did they make it? I loved Ingrid! a role model in my eyes!

The ending of that show, freaked me out! I can not believe those parents! what some users! the mom knows it, but that Father thinks its normal to not work, drink, and just be worthless.

The final comment the Father makes, "were the Parents, we do all the work, we should get the money" is this guy real?

If you are reading this Father Whopper: YOU ARE A PIECE OF WORTHLESS CRAP!

Krista8527 3 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krista8527 Click to send private message to Krista8527 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I feel sorry for the Wopperer family."
The ending of the show with the Whoppers is a classic example of a dysfunctional family. When the one normal family member stands up and says this is screwed up, the others turn on them, and claim them as the black sheep.Did you see that poor girl, pulling her hoodie up, like to say "make me disappear from this insanity, dear Lord."

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •