The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wife Swap 10/31-totally spooky!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Trading Spouses / Wife Swap Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-01-08, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wife Swap 10/31-totally spooky!!"
I try very hard to NEVER put down another's religious preferences/beliefs, etc. I am fairly open minded, although I am a Christian with strong views. I still listen to what others have to say, and weigh it in every possible way. BUT, last night's wife swap was......well, can we say COOKOO??

Rustifarian, or RustiFREAKIAN?? This guy, I'm sorry, I have to say this: He totally used his religious beliefs to be a lazy bum who chose to leave his family at night, play (literally) with his raegae band (sorry if that is misspelled), and sleep all day. Why? Because 'Jau' will provide.

Thank goodness he has enough other co-Rastifs who are willing to share the wealth, or he would be just another bum on the street, living under a cardboard box, I fear.

I did like his wife, and felt she did an amazing job with the militant family she was sent to. She mended a wounded relationship between a father and daughter, and helped reconstruct some very rigid rules that the daughters would have certainly, eventually, rebelled against. These people, the Martins, had no idea how fortunate they were that their daughters were SO good!! Believe me, I've been there, done that, and had it blow up in my face, ROYALLY. Well, I have never been THAT strict!

Anyway, just needed to say, I honestly don't think I've ever seen such religious zelousy to the point that life is lived on the edge (on this show-yes, I have in real life, many times). It was quite the eye-opener. And I hope it opened some well-meaning eyes who watched last night, too. On both sides of the coin. Very, very, interesting.

BTW, I love the dreds, have nothing against them, on an adult. On the kids-just looks messy, sloppy, and dirty. That's just MY opinion. Another reason to not like that dad, and feel he's just lazy.

OH, one more point: at the end the announcer said they were moving closer to the beach (the Rusta's). Does that mean their house will be even smaller?? Beach front property did NOT look to be in their budget.......Anyone??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wife Swap 10/31-totally spooky!... Colonel Zoidberg 11-02-08 1
   RE: Very True mindy23 11-03-08 2
       RE: Very True tigersruledude 11-03-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-02-08, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wife Swap 10/31-totally spooky!!"
I honestly don't think I've ever seen such religious zelousy to the point that life is lived on the edge

I can count off two families that are that religiously insane - the fundamentalist Childs family from last season, where the dad looked like Satan incarnate and admitted to brainwashing the kids, and his favorite line was "I'm the gatekeeper." Nothing changed for them except that he learned to help his wife a little more. And they're not even the most depressing family in WS history.

The Marshalls - the family that traded with the clowns - controlled their kids simply for the sake of control, and by the end of the show, they had broken their kids' spirits so much that they made them hate fun and freedom. It's the only episode I've seen where the post-show change portion was accompanied by sad music.

Mr. "Jah will provide"? Obnoxious, closed-minded, and dumb, but not depressing.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Very True"
I don't recall those other episodes, but I do understand what you're saying. There was no obvious child abuse here, physical or mental, and both parents seemed very happy and healthy.

Actually, the entire Rasti community seemed well balanced and helpful to eachother. So, in that respect, I cannot begin to put them down. There are many Christian and other religious communities who cannot compare.

I think I was just reeling from his lack of 'spunk' if you will. But after reading up on their beliefs and practices, I realized that smoking cannibus is a huge part of the adult's lives. THAT, in itself, could account for his laid-back attitude, and seemingly lazy persona.

tigersruledude 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tigersruledude Click to send private message to tigersruledude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Very True"
Well...i am not surprised that the wife Jana was pretty good with an affluent family from the suburbs in Texas. Jana is from an affluent family in the suburbs of Texas...she grew up in Deer Park, Tx. When she was here was she was a cheerleader in High School and your normal every day kid. Don't have a clue how she ended up where she is now.

The truth is the guy doesn't have a job because he probably can't pass a drug test to save his life.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •