The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8.13.05 Nominations"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-14-05, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"8.13.05 Nominations"
I found it ironic and funny that at the end of this episode, Kaysar was angrily muttering "If she thinks that giving your word and breaking it is okay..." as if that hypocrite forgot that he gave his word to Eric and then broke it, resulting in Eric's eviction. In Kaysar's world, everyone has to keep his word except for Kaysar. Once Kaysar lied, he was foolish to think that promises that he was given would be worth more than the promises that he made and broke.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8.13.05 Nominations samford 08-14-05 1
   RE: 8.13.05 Nominations RonReports 08-14-05 2
 Opposite Opinion Lasann 08-14-05 3
   RE: Opposite Opinion ARnutz 08-14-05 4
       RE: Opposite Opinion RonReports 08-14-05 5
           RE: Opposite Opinion ARnutz 08-14-05 6
               RE: Opposite Opinion Lasann 08-14-05 7
               RE: Opposite Opinion samford 08-14-05 8
                   RE: Opposite Opinion Lasann 08-14-05 9
                       RE: Opposite Opinion CappySux 08-14-05 10
 RE: 8.13.05 Nominations okaychatt 08-15-05 11
   RE: 8.13.05 Nominations louieb 08-15-05 12
   RE: 8.13.05 Nominations megpie 08-15-05 13
 RE: 8.13.05 Nominations leianawd 08-15-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samford 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-14-05, 07:13 AM (EST)
1. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
So happy you wrote that.I am not a huge Eric fan but am mystified at posters bleating about the hypocrisy, self-deludedness, etc. on Maggie's side. Yes,they are DEFINITELY guilty of it, BUT the first GLARING lack of integrity was displayed early on by Kaysar and has determined the game's ugly tone.He got angry that Eric lost trust in him when he(Kaysar) ran to Michael telling him to watch himself when Eric had emphasized that he shouldn't.Kaysar then completely screwed Eric when Eric MORE than kept to the letter of their deal, even to the extent of telling M. he could not use POV to save her.This led to his early elimination;if he'd been able to compete and save her, he might not have felt the necessity to campaign against James.And if the Kaysar lovers/Maggie haters want to talk about rationalization, Kaysar is also the champ.He is so fixed on seeing himself as honorable that even the morning after his eviction,when he was DIRECTLY confronted on The Early Show about Eric scrupulously keeping his word while Kaysar didn't, he muttered some mealy-mouthed reply and still couldn't/wouldn't admit that he was a blatant doublecrosser. People have been blind to Kaysar's sneakiness and untrustworthiness because of his looks and soft-spoken, at times, almost demure manner.Eric is a tad creepy and too rough around the edges with too little self control but at least you know what you are getting with him and he will come gunning for you to your face. Kaysar would sneak up and stab you in the back in a dark alley being careful not to soil his Armani suit.

08-14-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
2. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
samford, I pretty much agree with your reply. It will be interesting to see what happens now. The Friendship could come to realize that the original plan to backdoor and evict James is not a good idea. The Friendship would benefit from evicting one of the two nominees. If the other side wins the veto competition, Kaysar or Howie could be nominated. The Friendship has nothing to lose because Kaysar and company are already upset about the nominations, so you might as well weaken that team and maybe even persuade James to join the Friendship instead of staying by himself.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-14-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
3. "Opposite Opinion"
I guess it is all in each viewer's perception of the good guys vs the bad guys. Most people on the board(s) think that Kaysar is the good guy and Eric is the bad. Perhaps due to the character flaws you mentioned about Eric.

But, Kaysar couldn't keep Eric's demand that he not talk to Micahel. Michael was Kaysar's partner. If he wouldn't have told Michael then he would be evil, in the viewer's mind, that he didn't warn his partner. And it wasn't as if Eric asked Kasar not to reveal their conversation, he DEMANDED it. You can check your tapes, but I don't believe Kaysar ever agreed to not tell Michael, Eric demanded it and in his dictorial way thought that all should follow his orders. And when Eric was ranting that someone told Michael, Kaysar admitted it. He never hid the fact that he had talked to Michael - that is honesty in my book. He could have denied, denied, denied. That's the way I remember it.

Anyway, all deals have been broken as Kaysar's followers will go to the original Eric demand that the boys stick together. That was a deceiving lie on day one since Maggie was Eric's partner. Kaysar and Michael were glad to make that deal.

Kaysar was one of the first to figure out the pairs, Eric couldn't tune down his agressive, demanding play long enough to have original thought, IMHO.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
Jumping in with Lasann on this one.

Eric started the whole deception train rolling and was the first one to go back on his word in this game. He should have never knowingly made a promise that "the 4 guys" would go to the final 4 on the first day when he knew damn well that Maggie was his partner.

He broke the first promise when he got Michael out of the house and it was ridiculous on his part to demand that Kaysar not speak to Michael at all. If Eric pulled his head out of his a$$ long enough, he might have seen that his Napoleanic rule of the house would never last that long. This was the catalyst of his own quick eviction from the house.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

08-14-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
>Eric started the whole deception train
>rolling and was the first
>one to go back on
>his word in this game.
>He should have never knowingly
>made a promise that "the
>4 guys" would go to
>the final 4 on the
>first day when he knew
>damn well that Maggie was
>his partner.

You forgot to mention that Howie also agreed to the 4 guys being in the final 4 when Howie knew that his partner is Rachel. This means that Howie deserves as much criticism as Eric on this issue. The worst lie was Kaysar promising to keep Eric safe for one week, but Kaysar refused to keep his word. It would have been easy for Kaysar and his allies to not even nominate Eric that week, and instead evict Maggie, but he was not smart enough or honest enough to do that. Now Kaysar is shocked, shocked to find out that another player places as little value in promises given as Kaysar did when he lied to Eric.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-14-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
No, the 4 guys were Michael, Kaysar, Eric & James and we all know James has already been found out by the house and all of America to be a liar.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

08-14-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
So true Nutz.

RonReports must feel like I do at a GW Bush rally! Sorry RR, that's the analogy I thought of reading your posts.

samford 13 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
Lasann and AR, you both have points but I didn't maintain Kaysar should not have talked to Michael about getting too chummy with the girls. Of course he had to warn his partner to tone it down. But it was unreasonable for Kaysar to be shocked, shocked(nod to RR) and indignant that Eric got suspicious when he did.If he was so honest he could have said to Eric right away,"Look, Michael is part of our alliance so he deserves an initial head's up on this which I feeled compelled to give him." Eric might have respected that or at least not felt crossed when Kaysar did it. Also, I could be mistaken, but did Kaysar really own up of his own accord? Didn't Eric see him make a beeline for Michael and get an admission by confronting him directly? Anyway, sorry if I was unclear, but my MAIN point was not so much that he screwed Eric(that's the game after all) but that he was totally unwilling to admit his own duplicity on all levels. That is the exact same crime so many are pointing fingers at Maggie's team for now and while they are correct about that, it is indisputable that Kaysar was the first to be guilty of it on such a large, unrepentant, self-deluding and self-rationalizing scale and his supporters seem unwilling to own that.

08-14-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
As I said, it's a matter of perspective. I don't say that Kaysar is unscathed, however I find him to be a more honest human than "enraged" Eric. That's all I'm saying. And to accuse him of more duplicity that Eric, to me is untrue!

CappySux 15 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-05, 08:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Opposite Opinion"
I'm in total agreement with AR and Lasann re: Kaysar vs. Cappy. Who cares which lie is worst when he was obviously lying FIRST about the four guys (Howie, too, but Howie's pretty much a non-issue). That said - I really don't care at all about lies, broken promises, deception or hypocrisy. It's all part of the game. Kaysar taking the "I've been wronged" stance is just strategy on his part, he knows what he's said and done in this game. He never should have given up HOH. Bad mistake. Everyone "plays" the game at some point, for so many to be mad at James for his actions is ludicrous. He just started playing earlier than most. I admire the game-playing abilities of James and Rachel, Kaysar (excepting his last move) and even sleazy Janelle. The other players pretty much nauseate me.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-15-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
11. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
<Once Kaysar lied

Ummmmmm - isn't lying and backstabbing the whole idea of this game? Why anyone would expect to be able to trust anyone is beyond me.

It is a game that requires dirty tricks to win. There's no sense in finding fault in those that are trying to add $500,000 - $1,000,000 into their bank accounts.

Like 'em or don't like 'em based on personality, but to condemn them for doing what it takes to win - I find that stance plain silly.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

louieb 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-15-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
Thanx for the gentle reminder as to what this game is about. The one that wins is the one who lies the best. Exhibit A: The Evil Dr. Will. Case closed.

megpie 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-15-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
13. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
I agree with you okaychatt. The one who lies the most will win this game. After all they are all playing for the money.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-15-05, 08:48 AM (EST)
14. "RE: 8.13.05 Nominations"
I was watching the show with Marcellus and Gretchen and they were discussing the whole Eric and Kaysar deal and they were using actual facts and it was really Eric who broke his word. What we didn't see on t.v. was the whole convo. When Eric had brought Kaysar into the HOH room and tried to see if he could strike some kind of deal with him Kaysar had told Eric I will only keep you safe for one week when I am HOH if you don't put myself or Micheal up for on the chopping block and Eric I guess agreed with those terms. So you see that whole incident was Eric's doing and since Eric put Micheal up for nomination Kaysar no longer had the deal not to put Eric up it was nulled. In fact I think it was kaysar's honesty that got him voted out of the house because his alliance's problem with him was he showed all his cards up front and of course the opponets knew what he was doing and voted him out as well. I am not saying that Kaysar has been 100% honest at all times but no one really can and I would expect anyone in that house to get back someone who goes against their word because that would be called playing the game it would be lessening their chances of winning to not go after someone who is clearly playing the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •